PDA

View Full Version : Who had the better roster: Phil or Pop?

Fabbs
06-01-2008, 01:28 AM
4-0 Lakers 2001
4-1 Lakers 2002
4-2 Spurs 2003
4-2 Lakers 2004
4-1 Lakers 2008

Tyler_Durden
06-01-2008, 01:29 AM
whats your point

mystargtr34
06-01-2008, 04:52 AM
Phil>Pop

mikekim
06-01-2008, 05:12 AM
2001 Spurs lost their starting SG to injury (Derek Anderson)

2002 David Robinson was injured for the first two games of the series and was never quite right even when he returned.

2004 Was the year of the ".4"; Although the Lakers had FOUR future hall of famers, they were pretty even with the Spurs that year. Pop wasn't really outcoached...tony couldn't shoot back then and fisher's shot killed them. But I guess you can chalk this one up as a solid, true victory for Phil.

2008 Manu played on only one good ankle

mrspurs
06-01-2008, 08:09 AM
phil had hungier players not better players.....go spurs go

jack sommerset
06-01-2008, 10:02 AM

2002 David Robinson was injured for the first two games of the series and was never quite right even when he returned.

2004 Was the year of the ".4"; Although the Lakers had FOUR future hall of famers, they were pretty even with the Spurs that year. Pop wasn't really outcoached...tony couldn't shoot back then and fisher's shot killed them. But I guess you can chalk this one up as a solid, true victory for Phil.

THATS FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Derek WHO? A 50 year old David Robinson :lmao and helter skelter Mangoooooo.

Spews had a awesome run this year. The West was deep and no major injuries or suspensions to other teams. Spews even won game 7 on road.

Phil is the better coach. He even made it to the finals of Eastern championship game without Jordan. I would love to see how the entire Spews organization could do without Timmmmmmay!

:lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2:: lobt2::lobt2:

Fabbs
06-01-2008, 10:25 AM
Defintely hurt.

Spurs may have had 4 HOFs also. Duncan is lock, Manu was well on his way before this years disaster, Tony is young enough he can keep piling up the wins and maybe even Championships depending on how the FO reloads and whether or not Pop keeps getting outcoached, Horry will be up to the voters but it would not surprise me. I think the Spurs had the better roster that year.

Decision to play him was made by whom? Don't even want to hear the "who else would he play?" We saw what Barry did, why was not that move made sooner. When morons like Doug Collins can see Manu was not right, it can't be any more obvious. Pop did not "have" to play Manu and worse yet run the offense thru him in crunch time. We got Barry and Kurt Thomas handed to us on a platter, instead they sit when it counts.