PDA

View Full Version : Sasha Vujacic to Spurs?

ozgur1
06-01-2008, 08:21 AM
http://basketboltr.net/2008/06/01/sasha-vujacic-to-spurs/

yavozerb
06-01-2008, 08:30 AM
I would be very happy if the spurs could pick up sasha..I think his game would compliment the spurs system very well and plus he is only 24 y/o..This is a real possiblity since the lakers are well over the cap and also have turiaf to sign. Probably cost about 4 mil to get it done, but the guy plays hard on D and is a great shooter. Also, lets not forget that bynum only has 1 year left on his contract so I am sure the lakers are going to have to try and also lock this kid up soon before FA..

AFBlue
06-01-2008, 08:33 AM
One of the many names being bandied about as a FA target on the wing. Note that he is also restricted, like many of the others being discussed (Azubuike, JR Smith, etc.).

At least there's reported interest in other players and the Spurs FO isn't just content to re-up all their older players.

ImmortalD24
06-01-2008, 08:49 AM
Who gives a [bleep] about Turiaf? The Lakers are going to re-sign Sasha even if it means letting Turiaf walk.

And for Bynum's contract, by then Lamar Odom's huge contract will expire.

SenorSpur
06-01-2008, 08:53 AM
I'm not sure about the validity of any of this or even why it's coming out now. However if it is true, it doesn't solve anything. Enough stand still shooters already. The player on the Fakers that the Spurs should be targeting is Ronny Turiaf.

yavozerb
06-01-2008, 08:56 AM
Who gives a [bleep] about Turiaf? The Lakers are going to sign Sasha even if it means letting Turiaf walk.

Are you sure...Bynum has yet to play from his knee surgery and then you let your top reserve big man leave to FA..Lakers are not that dumb and since you have Kobe playing most of his minutes at SG with odom at SF, that make Sash a little more expendable..

ImmortalD24
06-01-2008, 08:58 AM
Are you sure...Bynum has yet to play from his knee surgery and then you let your top reserve big man leave to FA..Lakers are not that dumb and since you have Kobe playing most of his minutes at SG with odom at SF, that make Sash a little more expendable..Lamar Odom is a powerforward, he does not have the outside game we would need for Bynum and Gasol to operate in the paint, after next season the Lakers will most likely let him walk.. if he really wants to stay with the Lakers he'll have to take a huge paycut and become our 6th man.

And no Turiaf is the one thats expendable, he is a fouling maniac, doesn't finish well around the basket, and has very low bball IQ.. Sasha Vujacic is our most important bench player, he plays more minutes in crunch-time than Lamar Odom.

leemajors
06-01-2008, 09:06 AM
Lamar Odom is a powerforward, he does not have the outside game we would need for Bynum and Gasol to operate in the paint, after next season the Lakers will most likely let him walk.. if he really wants to stay with the Lakers he'll have to take a huge paycut and become our 6th man.

odom causes a lot of team's matchup problems with the lakers. if bynum is out, he is too quick for most pf's. if he's in, he's too big for most sf's. i hope he does leave.

ImmortalD24
06-01-2008, 09:08 AM
odom causes a lot of team's matchup problems with the lakers. if bynum is out, he is too quick for most pf's. if he's in, he's too big for most sf's. i hope he does leave.So let me guess.. Lamar Odom is a 15million dollar insurance policy? :lol Odom causes more problems for us than he does to opposing teams.

Extra Stout
06-01-2008, 09:12 AM
Sasha Vujacic is the object of this summer's campaign to float names of players they have no chance of getting out to the media, so it looks like R.C. is actually productive.

Bruno
06-01-2008, 09:41 AM
SPAM

Biggems
06-01-2008, 10:40 AM
If it were actually possible, I would take Sasha in a heartbeat....He annoys me cause he is a Laker....but He has great range, he plays defense, he plays with heart, passion, and fire. He is also a cockiness to him.

However, I just don't see there being a realistic possibility that the Lakers allow Sasha to leave, unless he completely fouls up in the Finals.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-01-2008, 10:47 AM
Not happening. Sasha's too young. Pop and RC will never go for that.

manufor3
06-01-2008, 10:58 AM
go after him

LakerLanny
06-01-2008, 10:59 AM
The Lakers aren't going to be able to resign everyone, their cap situation is hideous.

I think Sasha gets a deal unless he is looking for a big fat contract. If that is the case, they will let him go.....the Lakers already have Kobe at max, Pau at max or near max, LO on a fat contract and are going to likely have to pony up somewhere near the max for Bynum.

Fisher and Radmanovic and Walton are all making good money also.

I would say Turiaf is a long shot to stay unless he will take something close to a vet minimum deal.

Part of the problem with assembling the outstanding roster the Lakers have is paying them all when the time comes. Even though they would like to keep everybody, I doubt they will be able to.

Emanuel20
06-01-2008, 11:01 AM
Nahh, you can keep Sasha... I don't think he will get any playing time b/c he is too young and does a lot of mistakes so I don't think Pop will go after him.

Beno=Sasha

ElNono
06-01-2008, 11:02 AM
I would take Turiaf... Sasha can stay with the Lakers...

Emanuel20
06-01-2008, 11:08 AM

What gave you that impression?
I was not impressed with him...

ElNono
06-01-2008, 11:17 AM
What gave you that impression?
I was not impressed with him...

That he's 20x more athletic than Oberto/Horry/Bonner/Thomas combined?
He brings energy, and he hustles. For the money we have available, he could be a good addition.

Emanuel20
06-01-2008, 11:22 AM
He brings energy, and he hustles. For the money we have available, he could be a good addition.

Well, he is more athletic but he is not skilled at all. For what I know, he seems that he can’t use his athleticism in the right way. He is neither a consistent scorer nor rebounder. Frankly, I think that he is a little too immature for the Spurs, too.

Slomo
06-01-2008, 12:05 PM

No thanks. On both counts. Turiaf is not very good.

Slomo
06-01-2008, 12:06 PM

Go look at his performance during the 2007 Euro championships, where he saw decent playing minutes. He got owned by Rasho among others.

Sway
06-01-2008, 12:09 PM

I agree, I would prefer if the Spurs stayed away from Turiaf & Sasha.

DazedAndConfused
06-01-2008, 12:10 PM
First of all, there is no way the Lakers let go of Sasha. His 3pt shooting, pesky defense, and ability to hit clutch shots have made him a very valuable asset. Unless he starts asking for superstar money LAL will resign him this summer.

Turiaf, OTOH, has really disappointed me. He's a high energy guy and a great teammate, but he is a poor rebounder, foul machine, and is afraid of finishing strong at the hoop. Unless he wants to take the vet min or something around that range the Lakers need to look elsewhere to find a backup C.

SpurOutofTownFan
06-01-2008, 12:11 PM
OMG! please keep Sasha Vujabitch with the lakers. He's overrated. Prone to make mistakes, young and just a 3pt shooter. How many times did you see him driving into the line? Farmar had way more game than him.

The Spurs will need about the entire 5mil to get him off lakers' hands at this point. I don't see real value on him for what the Spurs are looking for.

Turiaf is a better candidate but I think there's better more capable people around - Having said that, the most pressing matter for the spurs is to acquire a back up for Parker. The big's situation is not as bad as we think. Turiaf could be added if he's cheap, that's all - he's still very rough.

SenorSpur
06-01-2008, 12:26 PM
OMG! please keep Sasha Vujabitch with the lakers. He's overrated. Prone to make mistakes, young and just a 3pt shooter. How many times did you see him driving into the line? Farmar had way more game than him.

The Spurs will need about the entire 5mil to get him off lakers' hands at this point. I don't see real value on him for what the Spurs are looking for.

Turiaf is a better candidate but I think there's better more capable people around - Having said that, the most pressing matter for the spurs is to acquire a back up for Parker. The big's situation is not as bad as we think. Turiaf could be added if he's cheap, that's all - he's still very rough.

Disagree. The most pressing matter for the Spurs is to acquire/draft an athletic swingman. They've needed one for the past 2 seasons, at least. What was one the issues that caused the offense to bog down? Because once Manu was injured, they had no one with the ability to create his own shot and shots for others. Therefore, you saw a bunch of shooters standing around the perimeter. Enough already! Swingmen should be the easiest position to fill, yet for the Spurs, it seems the position they've been the least concerned with. Losing the series to the Fakers hopefully changed all that.

As for backup PG, they can get one in 2nd round or from the surplus in Memphis.

ashbeeigh
06-01-2008, 12:29 PM
He's Slovenian. Sign him.

But seriously, he's not a bad option, but like some have mentioned before, he is restricted, and he is starting to grow as a player. I wouldn't be surprised if the Lakers resign him. We'll just have to see.

Indazone
06-01-2008, 12:31 PM
Ah Ahm Machine!

Spur-Addict
06-01-2008, 12:32 PM
So let me guess.. Lamar Odom is a 15million dollar insurance policy? :lol Odom causes more problems for us than he does to opposing teams.

You're an idiot, W/O Odom you guys would not be in the finals. In fact, let him go, see how fast he's picked up. You wouldn't want him on Boston brotha. Houston? Nah I wouldn't want him there either.

:wakeup

exstatic
06-01-2008, 12:35 PM
No more Slovenians on the Spurs. We're 0-2 on trying those guys. Besides, someone as pretty as Sasha only belongs in LA. When his b-ball days are over, he can be Brook Shields' stunt double.

ata
06-01-2008, 12:44 PM
Ah Ahm Machine!

NOTICE: Your sig seriously disturbs my ability to read your post.

SenorSpur
06-01-2008, 01:02 PM
NOTICE: Your sig seriously disturbs my ability to read your post.

By the way, is that Shaq pictured there giving that elbow shiver to the defender?

J.T.
06-01-2008, 01:13 PM
I will become a Mavs fan if this happens.

ata
06-01-2008, 01:17 PM
By the way, is that Shaq pictured there giving that elbow shiver to the defender?

Yellow corner: Pape Sow (ex Raptors, Heat) - Prokom, Poland
Green corner: Marko Milič (ex Suns) - Olimpija, Slovenija

2007/08 Euroleague

kace
06-01-2008, 01:38 PM
NO.

i don't want him.
We won't have him.
and this bastard could throw his threes at the end of games already won elsewhere.

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
06-01-2008, 01:46 PM
No fucking way. Overrated, had a fluke year. In 3-4 years he'll be back in Europe, sitting comfortably in the bench of some obscure team.

A.H 21-50
06-01-2008, 02:22 PM
i don't like this guy , he's a good shooter but that's it
he's not a very good defender , imo to have a back up point guard isn't the priority

mrspurs
06-01-2008, 02:28 PM
agreed with the person who said....we dont need another stand around shooter....we need someone big that can help timmy downlow...to live and die from behind the arc just isnt cutting it anymore...not when you play horrible defense in the paint...stop the alley-oops, block a few more layups....then maybe living and dieing from behind the arc might make it a little easier...this old boys only needed 3 more wins to grab homecourt...go spurs go

Dim Tuncan
06-01-2008, 02:36 PM
Long, quick, active on defense, scrappy, good shooter. Sounds like someone who'd be a great fit in Pop's system. Hope the Lakers manage to keep him.

daslicer
06-01-2008, 02:37 PM
He's garbage I think its easy to fall in love with him since he hurt the spurs but seriously he's not get good. He had a fluke series and he was able to play against Manu who had bad ankles which resulted in him looking like a solid young prospect. I get the vibes this guy will be garbage in the finals. Plus he wouldn't play well under a coach like Pop. Phill is better for him he can deal with his type of ego Pop can't.

Texas_Ranger
06-01-2008, 02:39 PM
No fucking way. Overrated, had a fluke year. In 3-4 years he'll be back in Europe, sitting comfortably in the bench of some obscure team.

:tu :tu :tu

Please no!!!!! The guy can just stand on a 3 point line and shot. :nope:nope:nope:nope:nope:nope:nope

Mulletino
06-01-2008, 02:41 PM
Lakers won't let him go

angelbelow
06-01-2008, 02:56 PM
hell no on turiaf, even the laker fans say that he has low iq, even tho it is obvious on the court.

Purple & Gold
06-01-2008, 03:04 PM
Wow, everybody here (especially Laker fans) have really underrated Turiaf. The guy is a good player and only getting better. He brings it on the defensive end and is able to play the 4 as well as the 5 very competently, basically interchangeable on that. He already has a midrange jumper which will only get better. While he does have some holes in his game, most young players do, I'm shocked at how much Laker fans have underrated him.

Purple & Gold
06-01-2008, 03:05 PM
Lakers won't let him go

Pretty much what's going to happen.

GSH
06-01-2008, 03:06 PM
However if it is true, it doesn't solve anything. Enough stand still shooters already.

The problem wasn't that we had too many stand still shooters. It was that our stand still shooters couldn't make a wide-open shot to save their collective asses. We don't need stand still "shooters". But I would love to have a couple of stand still "makers".

Vujacic knocked down a good number of 3's, and he defended well enough. I'm not sure there would be so many people crowing about his defense if Manu had been healthy. But I'm convinced he's a good defender.

Honestly, though, I don't think the Spurs are going to do anything but drive up the amount L.A. is going to spend on him.

Purple & Gold
06-01-2008, 03:07 PM
First of all, there is no way the Lakers let go of Sasha. His 3pt shooting, pesky defense, and ability to hit clutch shots have made him a very valuable asset. Unless he starts asking for superstar money LAL will resign him this summer.

Turiaf, OTOH, has really disappointed me. He's a high energy guy and a great teammate, but he is a poor rebounder, foul machine, and is afraid of finishing strong at the hoop. Unless he wants to take the vet min or something around that range the Lakers need to look elsewhere to find a backup C.

Turiaf is not a poor rebounder and not nearly the foul machine he was. I really don't see why you think he's afraid of finishing strong at the hoop. You might also want to look on the defensive side, where he is able to D up the 4 and 5 spot very well.

Purple & Gold
06-01-2008, 03:11 PM
The problem wasn't that we had too many stand still shooters. It was that our stand still shooters couldn't make a wide-open shot to save their collective asses. We don't need stand still "shooters". But I would love to have a couple of stand still "makers".

Vujacic knocked down a good number of 3's, and he defended well enough. I'm not sure there would be so many people crowing about his defense if Manu had been healthy. But I'm convinced he's a good defender.

Honestly, though, I don't think the Spurs are going to do anything but drive up the amount L.A. is going to spend on him.

Sasha is a good defender and will only get better, very pesky, never gives up, all hustle. He's found his niche in getting under an opponents skin and being able to drain the 3. he will never be a great driver to the hole so he knows if he wants to make a nice paycheck he's gonna need to keep playing good hard defense and hitting those 3's. Money is a huge motivator.

Slo spurs fan
06-01-2008, 03:11 PM
LOL Spurs fans watched him for 5 games and you think you know all about Aleksandar Vujačič. Donīt think I am high on him becouse he is from Slovenia, actualy I almost hate him becouse he donīt want to play for our national team, but he is better every year and he has great work ethics. He goes to practise 1 on 1 with Kobe to improve his defence at 6 am!!! Or very often stays after practise for shoot-around.

SpurOutofTownFan
06-01-2008, 03:12 PM
Disagree. The most pressing matter for the Spurs is to acquire/draft an athletic swingman. They've needed one for the past 2 seasons, at least. What was one the issues that caused the offense to bog down? Because once Manu was injured, they had no one with the ability to create his own shot and shots for others. Therefore, you saw a bunch of shooters standing around the perimeter. Enough already! Swingmen should be the easiest position to fill, yet for the Spurs, it seems the position they've been the least concerned with. Losing the series to the Fakers hopefully changed all that.

As for backup PG, they can get one in 2nd round or from the surplus in Memphis.

I can't disagree with you with the need of a good mobile swingman and the reasons behind that, all valid points but the need of back up PG I think is dire at the moment. Since Parker took over the Spurs haven't had any solid back up, I think the best if ever was Beno and with that I'm telling you everything. The Spurs need someone who can make the O work when Parker isn't out there, and most importantly who can score as well and not turn the ball over. The need for this piece was evident when Pop had no choice but playing Barry as back up PG. Barry isn't in the Spurs roster to play backup PG. There's a hole there.

Udoka was supposed to be that swingman they were looking for but he's bringing mixed results so far. If you get another swingman you need to drop the load somehow - months ago we had a discussion about this issue and we thought back then the spurs were loaded in that position, the problem is they didn't deliver when it counted.

I'm strongly in favor of fixing this issue before anything else. Look what Boston did when they brought in Cassell, or what Sasha and Farmar do for the Lakers. They delivered when it counted. Farman can drive to the lane and has good shot, SAsha is a good spotup shooter and has good D. The spurs haven't had that type of consistency in that position from the bench in the past several years.

Purple & Gold
06-01-2008, 03:14 PM
Most pressing need for the spurs is to get a center so Tim can play the 4 fulltime. No way the Lakers should have outrebounded the spurs.

SpurOutofTownFan
06-01-2008, 03:17 PM
Most pressing need for the spurs is to get a center so Tim can play the 4 fulltime. No way the Lakers should have outrebounded the spurs.

Duncan's main assignment was to get rebounds and score when he could against the weakness of Gasol. Thomas got a lot of time because of the same issue. The center issue isn't as bad as the backup PG or the athletic swingman. The Spurs have some pipeline right now on the C area and can resign Thomas if needed. They are looking at the Splitter situation as well and have Ian to come over if they pull the trigger on that one.

sprrs
06-01-2008, 03:22 PM
If the Spurs are going after him, doesn't that make it even more likely that the Lakers would wanna keep him?

Purple & Gold
06-01-2008, 03:22 PM
Duncan's main assignment was to get rebounds and score when he could against the weakness of Gasol. Thomas got a lot of time because of the same issue. The center issue isn't as bad as the backup PG or the athletic swingman. The Spurs have some pipeline right now on the C area and can resign Thomas if needed. They are looking at the Splitter situation as well and have Ian to come over if they pull the trigger on that one.

I disagree, a frontcourt with Tim Duncan should have destroyed the Lakers on the boards. Teams have been doing it all year. Gasol and Odom is not a very strong defensive frontcourt. Gasol is a PF and Odom is a tweener. The fact that Tim Duncan played amazing and the spurs were still not able to take advantage of an undersized Laker frontcourt should send warning signals. I really don't see how an older Thomas or some inexperienced centers are gonna be able to hold the 5 spot down, especially with a returning Bynum and a vastly improved Blazer team. To me it's obvious. Get Tim some help down low.

Avitus1
06-01-2008, 03:30 PM
I'd be more impressed by this thread if there was a real article linked to it.

timmydidit
06-01-2008, 03:50 PM
so what hes young.. which means longevity

SpurOutofTownFan
06-01-2008, 03:52 PM
I disagree, a frontcourt with Tim Duncan should have destroyed the Lakers on the boards. Teams have been doing it all year. Gasol and Odom is not a very strong defensive frontcourt. Gasol is a PF and Odom is a tweener. The fact that Tim Duncan played amazing and the spurs were still not able to take advantage of an undersized Laker frontcourt should send warning signals. I really don't see how an older Thomas or some inexperienced centers are gonna be able to hold the 5 spot down, especially with a returning Bynum and a vastly improved Blazer team. To me it's obvious. Get Tim some help down low.

I just can't agree with you on this. The C area isn't the most pressing matter for the Spurs right now. 2005 and 2007 were both won without substantial real help from the C position. I'm not saying the SPurs should keep going without some restructure at that position but they have more options right now to use for the C than the issue with backup PG and dependability at the swingman position. It's obvious they need to address the C more than ever now that other teams in the west have increased their potential in the frontcourt but the lack of good backcourt back ups have made most of the damage already. Either they draft a good one or they get an established players via trade or the like.

Purple & Gold
06-01-2008, 04:10 PM
I just can't agree with you on this. The C area isn't the most pressing matter for the Spurs right now. 2005 and 2007 were both won without substantial real help from the C position. I'm not saying the SPurs should keep going without some restructure at that position but they have more options right now to use for the C than the issue with backup PG and dependability at the swingman position. It's obvious they need to address the C more than ever now that other teams in the west have increased their potential in the frontcourt but the lack of good backcourt back ups have made most of the damage already. Either they draft a good one or they get an established players via trade or the like.

Well we're just gonna have to disagree. I still believe that basketball is a big mans game. Dominate on the inside and you will more than likely win.

timvp
06-01-2008, 04:12 PM
Fvck Sasha. I'd be pissed if the Spurs even call him.

1Parker1
06-01-2008, 04:15 PM
Fvck Sasha. I'd be pissed if the Spurs even call him.

:tu Exactly. I can't understand why the same Spurs fans who love the fact that they root for a team that actually has class and chemistry and everything good have gotten so desperate they'd want that guy.

timvp
06-01-2008, 04:19 PM
:tu Exactly. I can't understand why the same Spurs fans who love the fact that they root for a team that actually has class and chemistry and everything good have gotten so desperate they'd want that guy.Spurs fans get confused when a player has a few good games against the Spurs in the playoffs. Half of Spurs nation wanted the Spurs to throw the MLE at Sasha Pavlovic last summer.

:shootme

DazedAndConfused
06-01-2008, 04:20 PM
There is no way the Lakers let Sasha go. He has been the most consistent role player all season long and a key part of why the Lakers are even in the Finals right now.

Turiaf, IMHO can go. I love the guy, but he has regressed a lot from the beginning of the season. The Lakers need to look in another direction to find a backup C for Bynum.

1Parker1
06-01-2008, 04:22 PM
There is no way the Lakers let Sasha go. He has been the most consistent role player all season long and a key part of why the Lakers are even in the Finals right now.

Exactly. Another reason why I don't even want the Spurs to bother. Lakers aren't dumb. There's no way they're letting him go this offseason.

SpurOutofTownFan
06-01-2008, 05:01 PM
Well we're just gonna have to disagree. I still believe that basketball is a big mans game. Dominate on the inside and you will more than likely win.

You just changed our disagreement on this issue. I do think BB is a big man's game but our disagreement is about whats the most pressing matter right now.

I say backup PG and dependable swingman come before a center. You say the opposite. Of course I respect your opinion but the Spurs have ways to get around the C issue right now. They have nothing, absolutely nothing on the backup PG area.

Purple & Gold
06-01-2008, 05:14 PM
You just changed our disagreement on this issue. I do think BB is a big man's game but our disagreement is about whats the most pressing matter right now.

I say backup PG and dependable swingman come before a center. You say the opposite. Of course I respect your opinion but the Spurs have ways to get around the C issue right now. They have nothing, absolutely nothing on the backup PG area.

I agree the spurs need to definitely upgrade their backup PG and swingman position. I just believe that allowing Tim to play the 4 fulltime would be the best move the spurs could do. It keeps him fresh, doesn't put everything on his shoulders, and would help with your teams rebounding issues. Teams are only gonna get bigger and I don't see how Duncan paired with a no name scrub will be able to get it done. I respect your opinion as well, I just think the spurs getting outrebounded as bad as they did against the Lakers should be the #1 priority this offseason. The return of Bynum next year will only make it more difficult to go with a makeshift frontcourt.

stxspurs
06-01-2008, 05:16 PM
i dont know why we are talking about this.....the lakers would never let it happen, especially to the spurs.....bottom line

SpurOutofTownFan
06-01-2008, 05:26 PM
I agree the spurs need to definitely upgrade their backup PG and swingman position. I just believe that allowing Tim to play the 4 fulltime would be the best move the spurs could do. It keeps him fresh, doesn't put everything on his shoulders, and would help with your teams rebounding issues. Teams are only gonna get bigger and I don't see how Duncan paired with a no name scrub will be able to get it done. I respect your opinion as well, I just think the spurs getting outrebounded as bad as they did against the Lakers should be the #1 priority this offseason. The return of Bynum next year will only make it more difficult to go with a makeshift frontcourt.

The way the D is set for the Spurs makes Duncan play the C position most of the time. Even though he goes in the books as PF, he does play like a big man. Look, if it was for me I would love to have a 7 footer like Splitter coming over but I honestly think that won't happen now. I agree the West now will require the Spurs to have dependable help in the front court next to Duncan but that's easier said than done.

Lakers Dynasty
06-01-2008, 05:30 PM
I would be very happy if the spurs could pick up sasha..I think his game would compliment the spurs system very well and plus he is only 24 y/o..This is a real possiblity since the lakers are well over the cap and also have turiaf to sign. Probably cost about 4 mil to get it done, but the guy plays hard on D and is a great shooter. Also, lets not forget that bynum only has 1 year left on his contract so I am sure the lakers are going to have to try and also lock this kid up soon before FA..

Salary cap does not restrict signing one's own players.

Otherwise, the Mavericks wouldn't be spending 35 million dollars per year more than the Spurs (who are over the cap also).

Check this link for the cap:
http://www.nba.com/news/salarycap_070710.html

Then you can check this link to see that, indeed, the Spurs are over the cap as well, and all they have to show for it is a Western Conference Finals Participant ribbon:

http://hoopshype.com/salaries.htm

So not to worry.

What it means is that this thread is much ado about nothing.

Rest assured, the Lakers will sign both Sasha and Turiaf. The only reason why they may pause on giving Bynum his $70 million contract extension this summer instead of next is the knee surgery.

But simmer down. Mitch Kupchak and Donald Stern have it all under control.

BWAAAHAHAHA!

Purple & Gold
06-01-2008, 05:50 PM
The way the D is set for the Spurs makes Duncan play the C position most of the time. Even though he goes in the books as PF, he does play like a big man. Look, if it was for me I would love to have a 7 footer like Splitter coming over but I honestly think that won't happen now. I agree the West now will require the Spurs to have dependable help in the front court next to Duncan but that's easier said than done.

Well that's the point Duncan should be able to play the PF position more often. No way that his frontcourt running mate should have to be Oberto or an old Kurt Thomas. I know Kwame is not popular, but a player like him would be a very good pickup for the spurs. I know he has his deficiencies, but he plays good defense, is athletic, can eat up minutes at the 5, and most importantly comes cheap. spurs should look into getting somebody like him or Diop. While they will probably eat up a good portion of the MLE I think it's a better move than spending that on a backup or PG or a small forward. Of course I don't really know the spurs cap situation and if the LLE is available or not. But that's just my opinion.

21_Blessings
06-01-2008, 06:01 PM

Turiaf, IMHO can go. I love the guy, but he has regressed a lot from the beginning of the season. The Lakers need to look in another direction to find a backup C for Bynum.

Thank god you aren't running things. :wakeup

Turiaf is the Lakers best shotblocker and post defender outside of Bynum. Can back up the 4 AND 5, can hit the mid-range jumper. The Lakers toughest front court player. Good unselfish passer. Heart and soul of the bench. Good friends with Kobe. It would be retarded to let him walk. Ronny is a keeper.

Sasha sucked shit the first few months of the season (and three previous seasons before that) and then picked it up during the 2nd half. He has do more than play half a good season to prove he isn't a total product of the system. The fact is Sasha is a one dimensional player who can only really spot up. Disaster happens 95% of time when he puts the ball on the floor. Arguably the worst passer on the team. You claim Ronny has no bball-iq yet Sasha makes him look like Magic Johnson and his end of the game blunders back up that fact. Sasha sure as hell isn't worth the full MLE. The Lakers need to resign him but he can be easily replaced for 2-3 million dollars cheaper if worse comes to worst.

Purple & Gold
06-01-2008, 06:08 PM

Turiaf is the Lakers best shotblocker and post defender outside of Bynum. Can back up the 4 AND 5, can hit the mid-range jumper. The Lakers toughest front court player. Good unselfish passer. Heart and soul of the bench. Good friends with Kobe. It would be retarded to let him walk. Ronny is a keeper.

Sasha sucked shit the first few months of the season (and three previous seasons before that) and then picked it up during the 2nd half. He has do more than play half a good season to prove he isn't a total product of the system. The fact is Sasha is a one dimensional player who can only really spot up. Disaster happens 95% of time when he puts the ball on the floor. Arguably the worst passer on the team. You claim Ronny has no bball-iq yet Sasha makes him look like Magic Johnson and his end of the game blunders back up that fact. Sasha sure as hell isn't worth the full MLE. The Lakers need to resign him but he can be easily replaced for 2-3 million dollars cheaper if worse comes to worst.

Sasha is good as well. He's a good defender that can hit the 3 ball. Not hard to admit that both are good players that will more than likely only get better.

mikekim
06-01-2008, 06:21 PM
The guy takes some horrible shots sometimes...enough times to drive Pop crazy.

SpurOutofTownFan
06-01-2008, 09:22 PM
Well that's the point Duncan should be able to play the PF position more often. No way that his frontcourt running mate should have to be Oberto or an old Kurt Thomas. I know Kwame is not popular, but a player like him would be a very good pickup for the spurs. I know he has his deficiencies, but he plays good defense, is athletic, can eat up minutes at the 5, and most importantly comes cheap. spurs should look into getting somebody like him or Diop. While they will probably eat up a good portion of the MLE I think it's a better move than spending that on a backup or PG or a small forward. Of course I don't really know the spurs cap situation and if the LLE is available or not. But that's just my opinion.

Desganado Diop would be awesome if he was available/reachable - and I think more than one person here has suggested that before, even as far as 2 years ago. Kwame I don't know if you can convince anyone here to take him.

Indazone
06-01-2008, 09:25 PM
Just go out and get Bonzi Wells isn't he a free agent this summer? If you can't beat the SpursKiller go out and get him to play for you.

milkyway21
06-01-2008, 09:28 PM
Next option pls....

Bob Lanier
06-01-2008, 09:41 PM
Turiaf is the Lakers best shotblocker and post defender outside of Bynum.
Or he would be if Gasol wasn't better at both. Shotblocking, you can kind of make a case for; it's easy for a guy who plays 15 minutes a game to hack away, which is what Ronny does, but you can't really extrapolate that to starter minutes and foul management. Post defense, absolutely not; the series against San Antonio is a testament to that. Ronny tries really hard but he's very small and not all that athletic.

Kwame Brown would be a good addition to the Spurs if he weren't dumber than a box of rocks. He's a solid man defender but has no conception of a defensive system, which is why his Adonis-looking ass is no better a shotblocker than Fabricio Oberto. Still, he has legit center size and can rebound, so if you can't find anyone else and Kurt Thomas decides to retire or go elsewhere, he'd be a decent option of last resort.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-02-2008, 03:35 AM
I don't think he's that smart, from what I've seen of him in the last three years.

Good shooter, but that's it. He's already overrated before even breaking free from his "scrub" status. :lol

hsxvvd
06-02-2008, 04:00 AM
We trade Beno for nothing and now we want Sasha, we should have kept Beno.

Zee Laker
06-02-2008, 07:45 AM

wow that is the 1st time i agree with u on something.

Yes im suprised by how many Lakers fans thing Ronny needs to be cut. He is great backup to play 10-15 a game. Would he get more than 10 mil for 3 years somewhere else? dont think so, so im hoping hes stay. Sasha should get the MLE and im hoping Lakers keep him too

Zero Point Four
06-02-2008, 11:22 AM
Sasha sure as hell isn't worth the full MLE. The Lakers need to resign him but he can be easily replaced for 2-3 million dollars cheaper if worse comes to worst.

Sasha has been with the Lakers for three years.

Therefore, he qualifies for the "Larry Bird" exception to the salary cap, which allows a team to re-sign its own players to any amount (subject to the max) even if they are over the cap.

Consequently, there is no MLE in discussing Sasha. The Lakers no doubt will tender him the $2.6 million qualifying offer, or possibly just skip the drama, and sign a regular full-length contract.

Ronny Turiaf qualifies as an "early Bird" exception to the cap. While it is a little more complicated, the end result is that the Lakers will likely keep both.

Lake_show
06-02-2008, 11:25 AM
2007-2008 season

Vujacic- 8.8 PPG (.45% FG, .43% 3point), 1.0 APG, 2.1 RPG

17.8 minutes per game

Bowen- 6.0 PPG (.40% FG, .41% 3point) 1.1 APG, 2.9 RPG

30.2 minutes per game

We're keeping Sasha.

ata
06-02-2008, 11:27 AM
You don't understand Bowen's role

Mando5150
06-02-2008, 11:31 AM
Not intrested in seeing Vujacic in a Spurs uniform. Other than youth he brings nothing to the table that tells me he can play "Spurs" ball.

LakerLanny
06-02-2008, 11:39 AM
I am not saying I want the Lakers to get rid of Turiaf, I am saying it is real money being paid out and the Lakers are already way over the cap with more pain to come when they pay Bynum.

So something has to give, not everyone is going to get their money.

LakerLanny
06-02-2008, 11:41 AM
Just go out and get Bonzi Wells isn't he a free agent this summer? If you can't beat the SpursKiller go out and get him to play for you.

I think Bonzi or Diop would be good fits with SA.

Bonzi can score and Diop is underrated, he is very active.

Tradition
06-02-2008, 12:28 PM
While I know Buss doesnt want to have a roster full of highly paid players (Knicks), I know he isnt going to let Ronny or Sasha go for the sake of the luxary tax. The Lakers have the rights to a majority of these players and it's simply up to Buss if he wants to keep them or not. Sasha will likely get an offer of 5-6 million as will Ronny. Now while the luxary tax is not that big of an issue with Buss, he isnt going to dramatically overpay to keep either of these 2. Im saying like 8-12 million per year would be insane money to keep these guys around but no other team in their right mind would be that stupid to sign those players for that cash.

angel_luv
06-02-2008, 12:49 PM

I agree.

Ocotillo
06-02-2008, 01:10 PM
I hope the Spurs don't make a run at Sasha.

TheManFromAcme
06-02-2008, 01:40 PM
I hope the Spurs don't make a run at Sasha.

One can only hope. I'd hate so see Sasha go. If he "blows" this series and produces CACA, it may be a possibility.

phxspurfan
06-02-2008, 04:45 PM
Spurs fans get confused when a player has a few good games against the Spurs in the playoffs. Half of Spurs nation wanted the Spurs to throw the MLE at Sasha Pavlovic last summer.

:shootme

I agree with a team going after a player because he lit them up, but Sasha Pavlovic has a lot of potential. I would definitely throw at least the same amount of money at him as we dumped on Bonner.

spursfan98
06-02-2008, 04:46 PM
I hate this dude he looks like a freakin girl.
NO THANKS

InRareForm
06-02-2008, 04:47 PM
don't you guys follow history?

players tend to play way above their norm before their contract year, then get paid then regress tremendously.

Say no to sasha. He plays a good role on lakers, any other team I think he loses his appeal.

We get after Finley for not driving the ball, just wait til you see I can't drive for anything Vujajic.

Zero Point Four
06-02-2008, 05:05 PM
I am not saying I want the Lakers to get rid of Turiaf, I am saying it is real money being paid out and the Lakers are already way over the cap with more pain to come when they pay Bynum.

So something has to give, not everyone is going to get their money.

Jerry Buss is paying Phil Jackson double what any other coach in the league gets.

He no longer has to pay Shaq - who was grinding out $30,000,000 a year.

The Lakers are not limited by salary cap issues with their own players (see above).

Sasha and Ronny are both bench players. Consequently, the cost to sign them will not be exorbitant. Odom's contract ($14.5 million) expires after next season. Therefore, he has a valuable expiring contract trade-wise, or they can re-sign him as needed.

The Lakers are in great shape financially, and personnel-wise for a nice, long dynasty run.

kaji157
06-02-2008, 05:10 PM
Jerry Buss is paying Phil Jackson double what any other coach in the league gets.

He no longer has to pay Shaq - who was grinding out $30,000,000 a year.

The Lakers are not limited by salary cap issues with their own players (see above).

Sasha and Ronny are both bench players. Consequently, the cost to sign them will not be exorbitant. Odom's contract ($14.5 million) expires after next season. Therefore, he has a valuable expiring contract trade-wise, or they can re-sign him as needed.

The Lakers are in great shape financially, and personnel-wise for a nice, long dynasty run.
They are not in great shape financially, they just happen to not care about paying a lot on luxury tax, but if they resign Sasha and Turiaf both contracts can be done because o both Bird rights BUT the salary will count against the Luxury tax, the exception means you can sign them but it doesnīt mean they wont count.

If they sign turiaf and sasha for a combined 6 millions they will actually be paying 12 millions because 6 will go on as taxes.

Zero Point Four
06-02-2008, 08:02 PM
They are not in great shape financially, they just happen to not care about paying a lot on luxury tax, but if they resign Sasha and Turiaf both contracts can be done because o both Bird rights BUT the salary will count against the Luxury tax, the exception means you can sign them but it doesnīt mean they wont count.

If they sign turiaf and sasha for a combined 6 millions they will actually be paying 12 millions because 6 will go on as taxes.

What you say is true. But it's not my problem to pay the luxury tax.

The point is that the Lakers can re-sign all their current players, including Sasha.

spursfan98
06-02-2008, 08:02 PM
What you say is true. But it's not my problem to pay the luxury tax.

The point is that the Lakers can re-sign all their current players, including Sasha.

Take him he sux

Fake Dynasty
06-02-2008, 08:17 PM
Take him he suxThe Machine shuts down Ginobili and Spurs fans make a phonebook full of excuses for Manu. Suddenly, Spurs fan wants the guy who shut Manu down. Hmmmm.

spursfan98
06-02-2008, 08:21 PM
The Machine shuts down Ginobili and Spurs fans make a phonebook full of excuses for Manu. Suddenly, Spurs fan wants the guy who shut Manu down. Hmmmm.

i dont want him. the fact that u call him machine makes me laugh :lmao
he didnt shut manu down. didnt you notice manu had been playing not so well before going against sasha? he had injuries that slowed him down

exstatic
06-02-2008, 08:22 PM
Hope the Laker sign him before the mob gets to him. That cocky ass 3 pointer broke the spread and cost gamblers millions. Guido's a' comin.

spursfan98
06-02-2008, 08:25 PM
Hope the Laker sign him before the mob gets to him. That cocky ass 3 pointer broke the spread and cost gamblers millions. Guido's a' comin.

every laker is cocky. its part of being on that team. its a tradition. for example dfish made a luckyass shot and now he thinks hes the shit

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-02-2008, 08:25 PM

That's why I think he's kinda dumb. Like he's the kind of player you go " what the hell are you doing? you fucking scrub? "

The "Doesn't know his place", kinda player.

Fake Dynasty
06-02-2008, 08:35 PM
Manu simply got shut down. His little ankle boo-boo was a convenient excuse and security blanket for Spurs fan. I don't care if Manu was 110%, we beat that ass 4-1 or 4-2. Nothing's changed. The Spurs don't have what's required to repeat success. They're nothing more than a guaranteed flame-out the 2nd time around. The Machine locked Manu up all series and then stuck a 3 in his face for good measure to end game 5. Complete ownage.

spursfan98
06-02-2008, 08:37 PM
it could have easily been 4-1 spurs

InRareForm
06-02-2008, 08:38 PM
Manu simply got shut down. His little ankle boo-boo was a convenient excuse and security blanket for Spurs fan. The Machine locked Manu up all series and then stuck a 3 in his face for good measure to end game 5. Complete ownage.

I don't understand someone who is not tough can shut down someone on D?

Manu has faced much more dangerous defenders than that girl (sasha).

Just because he plays upfront defense and swipes at the ball doesn't make him a lock down defender.

Spur-Addict
06-02-2008, 08:40 PM
I don't understand someone who is not tough can shut down someone on D?

Manu has faced much more dangerous defenders than that girl (sasha).

Just because he plays upfront defense and swipes at the ball doesn't make him a lock down defender.

An example of a better defender would be Tay Prince.

Brutalis
06-02-2008, 08:42 PM
The Finals isn't over yet, and there's a Vujacic to the Spurs thread out of like, so many other players.

We still have a summer to go. Geez..

Fake Dynasty
06-02-2008, 09:10 PM
The Finals isn't over yet, and there's a Vujacic to the Spurs thread out of like, so many other players.

We still have a summer to go. Geez..That's Spurs fan for you though, my man. In a nutshell. Lose to the Lakers and then drool over the guy you hated for 5 games while he was shutting down your best player. I know ya'll had "Trade for Kobe" threads in here too last year and prior.

No other way to put it than, that's just Spurs fan for you.

angelbelow
06-03-2008, 03:11 AM
That's Spurs fan for you though, my man. In a nutshell. Lose to the Lakers and then drool over the guy you hated for 5 games while he was shutting down your best player. I know ya'll had "Trade for Kobe" threads in here too last year and prior.

No other way to put it than, that's just Spurs fan for you.

he shut down an injured player, good work sasha. and enjoy the feeling while it lasts.

Bob Lanier
06-03-2008, 03:20 AM
An example of a better defender would be Tay Prince.
Ginobili has always had his way with Tayshaun Prince.

As has anyone who can dribble and whose go-to move isn't a jab-step followed by a jumpshot.

Lakers08Champs
06-03-2008, 03:39 AM
Only way i see sasha in a spur uniform is if the lakers do a sign and trade deal for......???
well i dont see anyone that is worth the trade on ur spur team other than Manu but he may be too old ( as if compare to Sasha's age) and a injury prone so doubtfull he would be in San Anton any time soon!!

Lakers08Champs
06-03-2008, 03:48 AM
it could have easily been 4-1 spurs

You can make a millions of could have, should have, would have excuses....but the reality is The Lakers are in the finals and your team aren't!! so stfu and go fishing!! :lmao:lmao :toast

mystargtr34
06-03-2008, 03:50 AM
Sasha really came along this year... his per minute scoring numbers are off the charts.

He'd be a good replacement for Fin

But we should check out JR Smith and Azubuike first.

manufor3
08-04-2008, 03:31 PM
Manu simply got shut down. His little ankle boo-boo was a convenient excuse and security blanket for Spurs fan. I don't care if Manu was 110%, we beat that ass 4-1 or 4-2. Nothing's changed. The Spurs don't have what's required to repeat success. They're nothing more than a guaranteed flame-out the 2nd time around. The Machine locked Manu up all series and then stuck a 3 in his face for good measure to end game 5. Complete ownage.

Wow, laker fans have reached a new low

wisnub
08-04-2008, 03:35 PM
He's fucking resign w/ Lakers...i dont understand why this thread have not been closed

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-04-2008, 03:41 PM
He's fucking resign w/ Lakers...i dont understand why this thread have not been closed

Why don't you fuck off?

BlackBellamy
08-04-2008, 04:24 PM
Everyone here should take a play from Sasha and eat a dick. Yes he's back in L.A. for nine mil. or something and I hope that androgynous male hooker that runs like a girl stays there and gets his ass handed to him by healthy, more-talented players, for many years to come. (oh, and that finals game 6 BURNS, don't it). I heard that Sasha and his agent were quoted officially as saying that he (Vujacic) couldn't leave the Lakers until he heard from Kobe how Shaq's ass tasted. Once the contract was signed Kobe was heard to have said, "Like a huge sweaty ass, you'd love it Sasha!".

Sissiborgo
08-04-2008, 04:56 PM
Great Player..