PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Know What's Up With Spursreport (again)

562bulldog
06-01-2008, 04:51 PM
site was down a while back and someone over here suggested using

http://75.126.226.3/forums

but even that doesnt work anymore

timvp
06-01-2008, 04:56 PM
:pctoss

I was wondering why there were more lame posters here than usual. Hopefully they fix their site ASAP.

Kori Ellis
06-01-2008, 05:03 PM

Several people have emailed/PM'd me about it. I'm not sure what would cause their forum to be down this long.

ChumpDumper
06-01-2008, 05:04 PM
:lol

I don't know why folks would expect Kori to have inside information on SR.

SpurOutofTownFan
06-01-2008, 05:06 PM

Indeed. It's ridiculous to ask around here what is going on with that forum.

Kori Ellis
06-01-2008, 05:06 PM

:lol It happens every time. That's why last time it happened, I figured out that IP fix because over 30 people had messaged me.

I was a mod there in 2001-02 - I guess that counts for something. :downspin:

562bulldog
06-01-2008, 05:08 PM
when it was last down someone people over here posted that they thought Spursreport.com had let their URL expire so my wild guess is they did lose the site but struck a deal to keep it up until after the season, it seems to have disappeared sometime after the last game

562bulldog
06-01-2008, 05:09 PM
Indeed. It's ridiculous to ask around here what is going on with that forum.

i guess if you look at them as rivals, i don't, and it seems like a lot of Spurs fans post on both places so i figured someone over here would know ...

duncan228
06-01-2008, 05:10 PM
when it was last down someone people over here posted that they thought Spursreport.com had let their URL expire so my wild guess is they did lose the site but struck a deal to keep it up until after the season, it seems to have disappeared sometime after the last game

Oh God, if it's gone for good will they all come here?

Kori Ellis
06-01-2008, 05:11 PM
i guess, seems like a lot of Spurs fans post on both places so i figured someone over here would know

Don't worry about it. You are right, several people post at both places.

But just a word of note to everyone, if our site is ever down, just email me at [email protected] - don't ask SR. ;)

Purple & Gold
06-01-2008, 05:16 PM
The spursreport server had a meltdown.

SpurOutofTownFan
06-01-2008, 05:21 PM
i guess if you look at them as rivals, i don't, and it seems like a lot of Spurs fans post on both places so i figured someone over here would know ...

I used to post over there before coming here many years ago. But the number of idiots posting over there is just too much - you will have a huge number of spurs fans actually insulting you every 10 minutes. Not sure if that practice is still observed in that place though but I didn't care to find out.

E20
06-01-2008, 05:21 PM
Why would you want to post there in the 1st place? I registered their and was automatically banned after clicking register.

angelbelow
06-01-2008, 05:30 PM
Why would you want to post there in the 1st place? I registered their and was automatically banned after clicking register.

lol banned for registering.

duncan228
06-01-2008, 05:34 PM
I think the sites just have different "feels" to them. I know lots of people post at both, that works for them. Lots of us prefer one over the other. Personal preference. ST works for me, SR doesn't. ST is the only board of any kind I post on. I like it here. :)

ElNono
06-01-2008, 05:38 PM
I stopped going over there when they started to put ads in the middle of the threads.
Please Kori don't ever do that here...

Los Spurs
06-01-2008, 05:39 PM
:pctoss

I was wondering why there were more lame posters here than usual. Hopefully they fix their site ASAP.

Septic
06-01-2008, 05:42 PM
Sites a POS, after every game it goes down.

Lirica
06-01-2008, 05:57 PM
...there was a transformer explosion in Houston that caused an fire in an electrical room for The Planet...a bunch of servers are offline and won't be back up until late Sunday or Monday...

562bulldog
06-01-2008, 06:11 PM
...there was a transformer explosion in Houston that caused an fire in an electrical room for The Planet...a bunch of servers are offline and won't be back up until late Sunday or Monday...

thanks! i'll bet that's it TheFuselage.com (a LOST fansite) has been down a few days as well ... i was wondering if it was just my IP blocking stuff

Slydragon
06-01-2008, 06:12 PM
It banned itself.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-01-2008, 06:12 PM
:lmao

exstatic
06-01-2008, 06:14 PM
Oh God, if it's gone for good will they all come here?

Why would they send a bunch of 'bots? Those, and the mods are pretty much all that posts there.

I just hope this means their automated emailer is shut down too. Those invite back messages are beyond annoying.

duncan228
06-01-2008, 06:16 PM
Why would they send a bunch of 'bots? Those, and the mods are pretty much all that posts there.

:lmao I forgot about the bots.

Slydragon
06-01-2008, 06:22 PM
What do the bots do?

Slydragon
06-01-2008, 06:24 PM

All post counts are nontransferable. :nope

xmas1997
06-01-2008, 06:45 PM
I stopped going over there when they started to put ads in the middle of the threads.

Yeah, I hate that!!!!!!!!!!
I post at both sites simply because you get a different perspective from both.
Some things there I like and some things here I like.

Kori Ellis
06-01-2008, 06:57 PM

???

Someone told me that SR admins said it was a DOS attack that has them offline.

Kori Ellis
06-01-2008, 06:58 PM
That explosion in Houston happened on Saturday at 5pm. SR has been down since Thursday. So I'm guessing that's not the explanation.

cherylsteele
06-01-2008, 07:15 PM
Who cares anyways?

ducks
06-01-2008, 07:16 PM
kori cares because she gets lots of pms about it

that is also why this thread is still open

SpurOutofTownFan
06-01-2008, 09:14 PM

I'm actually in favor of Kori adding publicity to the site. They have worked hard from a fan's standpoint to put this together and with the traffic this website has it would be travesty not to do it. Some of those ads where you follow the link outside this website would be awesome. Just not too much, not too invasive.

I know how hard is to maintain a website, specially a forum with mentally retarded people posting all day long. I also know how difficult is to have people come to the website each day. I used to have one myself.

But that's just my opinion

Das Texan
06-01-2008, 10:26 PM
Don't worry about it. You are right, several people post at both places.

But just a word of note to everyone, if our site is ever down, just email me at [email protected] - don't ask SR. ;)

I'll just ask the rodent why this site is down.

braeden0613
06-01-2008, 10:33 PM
I'm checked the SR facebook group and it said that the their website had crashed and the hosting company was trying to get it back up.

tlongII
06-01-2008, 10:41 PM
I will not post at SpursReport again until they unban me!

ElNono
06-01-2008, 10:42 PM
I'm actually in favor of Kori adding publicity to the site. They have worked hard from a fan's standpoint to put this together and with the traffic this website has it would be travesty not to do it. Some of those ads where you follow the link outside this website would be awesome. Just not too much, not too invasive.

I know how hard is to maintain a website, specially a forum with mentally retarded people posting all day long. I also know how difficult is to have people come to the website each day. I used to have one myself.

But that's just my opinion

I don't mind a banner ad at the top and a bunch of Google ads at the bottom.
My problem is scrolling through a thread and going through annoying ads merged in between.

Plus most people I know run Firefox with Ad Block Plus, so you don't even get to see the banners, just a gap between posts.

Das Texan
06-01-2008, 10:44 PM
whats funny is them sending come back messages to banned people like myself.

Kori Ellis
06-01-2008, 10:46 PM
I don't mind a banner ad at the top and a bunch of Google ads at the bottom.
My problem is scrolling through a thread and going through annoying ads merged in between.

Plus most people I know run Firefox with Ad Block Plus, so you don't even get to see the banners, just a gap between posts.

I didn't realize they had ads in between the posts - but I hate that on other forums too.

Well good luck to them. Server issues suck. So hopefully they get their problems taken care of soon.

Slydragon
06-01-2008, 11:50 PM
http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/1228/spursrl5.jpg
PLUS
http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/8126/bigeniacreportgr5.gif

IS

http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/2560/sinkcockroachmainnk0.jpg

Lake_show
06-02-2008, 12:15 AM
Us Laker fans took care of spursreport

Nbadan
06-02-2008, 12:28 AM
Us Laker fans took care of spursreport

That's enough to deserve your own forum....A Laker forum and a Hornet forum wouldn't be the worst thing...what say you Kori?

Avitus1
06-02-2008, 12:53 AM
Simple answer...

It sucks.

spurscenter
06-02-2008, 01:27 AM

maybe DizzG ate the site?

spurscenter
06-02-2008, 01:28 AM
I will not post at SpursReport again until they unban me!

They might ban you for complaining about being banned at another spurs site.

Be careful. Lock the doors

Lake_show
06-02-2008, 10:34 AM
That's enough to deserve your own forum....A Laker forum and a Hornet forum wouldn't be the worst thing...what say you Kori?

:toast

jack sommerset
06-02-2008, 10:54 AM
Dizzyg at SR is a LOSER HOMER. I lived in SA 10 years. Was banned a few times. It became a joke with my friends and co-workers (Spur Fans) because they saw how sensitive those tards r over there. Have not been there in years. Nice to see them struggle.

TDMVPDPOY
06-02-2008, 10:56 AM
MELTDOWN......too many bots

Taco
06-02-2008, 12:31 PM
It banned itself.

Blake
06-02-2008, 12:33 PM
I used to post over there before coming here many years ago. But the number of idiots posting over there is just too much - you will have a huge number of spurs fans actually insulting you every 10 minutes. Not sure if that practice is still observed in that place though but I didn't care to find out.

welp.......I've only got about 20 posts over here and have already been insulted once and have seen about 3 other people being called things like "dipshit".

It's water off of duck's backs to me, but to say things like that happen only at SR just because it's SR is pretty lame.

I joined the board back when it was a non-sports board-Chris Duel's board- with WOAI, then it merged with SR (which seemed to piss off everyone involved), then broke off with WOAI and went on it's own. Since Duel's show went into the tank, I just stayed on with SR and went wherever the boat sailed.

From what I've heard, Kori got a bum deal and it's too bad for them they cut ties with her because I've seen her work (Tony Parker's dad's interview was outstanding) but this ST site looks great itself.

Either way, people are people and there's gonna be good people and bad people wherever you go. There's plenty of a-holes at SR (Ive been called one more than my share of times), and I've already seen a few a-holes over here as well.
But make no mistake, there are some good people over at SR as well as some I recognize here.

so why am I here? I've got an addiction for smack talk and I need to take a big whiff of the smack pipe to get my fix. If this place and SR were to ever go down at the same time, then I guess I'd have to wander on over to lakersground forums and run some trash out over there......I dunno.....

cheers :toast

Kori Ellis
06-02-2008, 12:40 PM
From what I've heard, Kori got a bum deal and it's too bad for them they cut ties with her because I've seen her work (Tony Parker's dad's interview was outstanding) but this ST site looks great itself.

Thanks.

Either way, people are people and there's gonna be good people and bad people wherever you go. There's plenty of a-holes at SR (Ive been called one more than my share of times), and I've already seen a few a-holes over here as well.
But make no mistake, there are some good people over at SR as well as some I recognize here.

Very true. Enjoy your time here, even if you just post until their site is back up.

Have fun everyone.

And this thread doesn't need to turn into a SR bash fest. Server problems are a real bitch to deal with and I hope they can get their site up soon.

Chief
06-02-2008, 02:32 PM
I post mostly at SpursReport. Not because I hate any of you, but just simply because i was a regular poster there and have met several of their members first. I've talked with Kori several times over pm's, she's awesome.

As a spurs fan , I think it's foolish to insult each other when we are all part of the same team. Wether your a spursreport poster or a spurstalk one.

N.Y. Johnny
06-02-2008, 02:45 PM
whats funny is them sending come back messages to banned people like myself.

You too?

Could we not tempt you back? :wow:downspin:

Lirica
06-02-2008, 02:53 PM
http://service-update.theplanet.com/

..it would appear that some of their servers are still down...I know another forum I use has been down since it first happened and is still down...

Kori Ellis
06-02-2008, 03:23 PM
http://service-update.theplanet.com/

..it would appear that some of their servers are still down...I know another forum I use has been down since it first happened and is still down...

SpursReport isn't on Planet servers and SR has been down for 2 days before that explosion. So this isn't relevant, but thanks.

spurs50_
06-02-2008, 03:52 PM
I don't know why spursreport is down, but this is a cool site and I can get my spurs fix in here just fine. I love the draft prospects in here, saves me a lot of time. Go Spurs.......

Mulletino
06-02-2008, 04:05 PM
It went down the day after the Spurs lost. Maybe it's down for maintenance

JWest596
06-02-2008, 04:12 PM
Probably having to run all those advertising scripts per messages times hundreds of posters after the last game really did melt the server. I was having to refresh 2 and 3 times to get just the thread posts to appear after the 2-3 ads kicked in on the first page for the last week of the playoffs. Could have been my browser as well. Who knows? They'll figure it out.

sehui
06-02-2008, 04:23 PM
Im from spurs report..I dont really have any preference (we are all spurs fans), but SR is pretty unreliable concerning their server..

Nbadan
06-02-2008, 05:28 PM
Welcome all Spur fans....look, it's hard to switch allegiance, especially when you've got a rep on another site, but Spurs Report has been on the decline for years, so if your gonna make a move, the off-season is as good a time as any....and don't let any of the Spurs homers here get to you, like someone already posted, there are good and bad posters on every site...

Mr. Body
06-02-2008, 05:31 PM
SpursTalk is easily a better site, but the draft pages on SpursReport are better in general.

tejas_woman
06-02-2008, 06:42 PM
Welcome all Spur fans....look, it's hard to switch allegiance, especially when you've got a rep on another site, but Spurs Report has been on the decline for years, so if your gonna make a move, the off-season is as good a time as any....and don't let any of the Spurs homers here get to you, like someone already posted, there are good and bad posters on every site...

Both places are ok. Don't know what the problem is with SR, but I just need my Spurs fix and this place is pretty cool. :toast

562bulldog
06-03-2008, 09:31 AM
it's back up with this explanation

What Happened To SR?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After the Spurs won the championship in 1999, some of you may remember that the site was hacked by some hacker claiming to be a Laker fan.

A few days ago, shortly after the Spurs got eliminated, the forums were attacked using a denial of service tactic. The server was not only shut down, but the hard drive was physically harmed as well, somehow the attackers caused it to go into read only mode, thus rendering the forums useless.

We have taken great measures to prevent this from happening again, but as some of you may know these hacker attacks happen to even the biggest and most popular sites from time to time. Just last week, one of our favorite sites, Revision3 was hit with a similar DOS attack and it knocked them off the web for some time before the FBI was called in to investigate.

We appreciate your patience and understanding and welcome everyone back!

Spread the word!

Mulletino
06-03-2008, 11:38 AM
That goes to show what type of fans the Lakers have.

spurscenter
06-03-2008, 01:34 PM

:wakeup thats funny

Slomo
06-03-2008, 03:59 PM

What Happened To SR?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After the Spurs won the championship in 1999, some of you may remember that the site was hacked by some hacker claiming to be a Laker fan.

A few days ago, shortly after the Spurs got eliminated, the forums were attacked using a denial of service tactic. The server was not only shut down, but the hard drive was physically harmed as well, somehow the attackers caused it to go into read only mode, thus rendering the forums useless.

We have taken great measures to prevent this from happening again, but as some of you may know these hacker attacks happen to even the biggest and most popular sites from time to time. Just last week, one of our favorite sites, Revision3 was hit with a similar DOS attack and it knocked them off the web for some time before the FBI was called in to investigate.

Spread the word!

I'm pretty sure timvp got a chuckle out of this one. I know I did.

DOS attacks are the IT equivalent of "the check is in the mail".

ElNono
06-03-2008, 05:57 PM
I'm pretty sure timvp got a chuckle out of this one. I know I did.

DOS attacks are the IT equivalent of "the check is in the mail".

Must be the first Denial of Service attack that hacks a hard-drive, and makes the file system read-only. :lol
I wonder if they ever heard of /etc/fstab

The problem with clueless people is that once their system is hacked into, they go into panic mode and don't know what to do. I bet they're paying good money for an 'expert' to reinstall the whole site.

Chief
06-03-2008, 06:09 PM
it's back up and running

ms dos attacks, supposedly by laker fans.

ducks
06-03-2008, 06:10 PM
pretty sad that their it department would let that happen
must be on a windows server

ElNono
06-03-2008, 06:13 PM
pretty sad that their it department would let that happen
must be on a windows server

Apache/2.0.52 (Red Hat) Server at www.spursreport.com Port 80

Probably RHEL running on a VM. I think it was showing a Parallels page a few days ago. Gotta keep up with those security fixes, even on linux.

Brutalis
06-03-2008, 06:24 PM

Good! Just wait till I set off another one as soon as you guys fix this, again.

exstatic
06-03-2008, 06:54 PM

What Happened To SR?

Spread the word!

OMG, Garza is in love with himself. I thought it was just a summer thing.

mouse
06-03-2008, 07:44 PM
The hacker excuse is lame and DizzG has used it before. If anyone was that good they would be working for the NSA

But hey!........it works on the non Geeks when you want to not really say what really took place.

Someone brings me a laptop and they can't figure out why it crashed I can just say it was hacked into who are they to disagree?

As far as the tree huggers in this topic saying.."both sites are good! and the same, and they both possess a quality that I enjoy, bla.. bla ..bla.."

ask your selves how long would a topic about ST being down last at SR? and why does SpursTalk still show up as *********?

SR/Dusty/DizzG/LadySpur and others are like 9/11, they will always avoid the real truth.......

NFO
08-19-2008, 08:03 AM
Go there now, many posters have vanished.

mrspurs
08-19-2008, 08:41 AM
Several people have emailed/PM'd me about it. I'm not sure what would cause their forum to be down this long.

meaning no disrepect to this site. but i sure hope SR comes back. thou this site is fun as long as you use the ignore feature, i have this feeling they had more adults then kids. behind typing you could be any age. i for one personally have kids and know how they act.(just when you think, alright he or she is making the right moves, boom there goes the diaper coming off) imo debating with adults is alot more fun then debating with kids over the internet. thou ive been using the internet for years now. all the great sites i know come from my kids. i dont except cussing, nor do i except pictures of half naked ladies. i wouldnt want tobe caught discussion a spurs conversation and while scrolling down, one of my younger kids see's big che che's flopping around the screen. :nope...call it what you like, i call it good parenting :p:

mrspurs
08-19-2008, 08:58 AM
I post mostly at SpursReport. Not because I hate any of you, but just simply because i was a regular poster there and have met several of their members first. I've talked with Kori several times over pm's, she's awesome.

As a spurs fan , I think it's foolish to insult each other when we are all part of the same team. Wether your a spursreport poster or a spurstalk one.

very well said, its unfortunate that some people just cant control their keyboards. the first time i went into SR, i thought this place aint so bad. the first time i came into this site, my first thoughts were, wow i feel sorry for whoever has to clean this place up everyday. and then i found out its up to you to clean up whatever you dont like about this place. i can live with that. :wow

mrspurs
08-19-2008, 09:05 AM
yesssssss, the spursreport site is back up. yeeeeehaaaaa

Trainwreck2100
08-19-2008, 09:06 AM
meaning no disrepect to this site. but i sure hope SR comes back. thou this site is fun as long as you use the ignore feature, i have this feeling they had more adults then kids. behind typing you could be any age. i for one personally have kids and know how they act.(just when you think, alright he or she is making the right moves, boom there goes the diaper coming off) imo debating with adults is alot more fun then debating with kids over the internet. thou ive been using the internet for years now. all the great sites i know come from my kids. i dont except cussing, nor do i except pictures of half naked ladies. i wouldnt want tobe caught discussion a spurs conversation and while scrolling down, one of my younger kids see's big che che's flopping around the screen. :nope...call it what you like, i call it good parenting :p:

So thats why you average 9 posts per day here. if you don't like the sigs of half naked ladies, maybe you should turn off the sigs.

NFO
08-19-2008, 10:53 AM
yesssssss, the spursreport site is back up. yeeeeehaaaaa

Just watch what you say here because you could get banned at SR for what you say here. :hat

mrspurs
08-19-2008, 10:58 AM
So thats why you average 9 posts per day here. if you don't like the sigs of half naked ladies, maybe you should turn off the sigs.

i dont know what my average of posts per day is. i dont know how look that up. and honestly i dont care about that. and i dont know how to turn off sigs either, so i just started putting those nics on ignore. i was asked nicely by kori to type better so i could be understood, and im complying with her wishes. other then that this place is fine. i have total control of whom i find worthy and those i dont find worthy. as long as i can do that, it makes learning the different things on this place easier and tons more fun for me. and thats what its all about...... me..... oh and of course the spurs :wow

mrspurs
08-19-2008, 11:09 AM
Just watch what you say here because you could get banned at SR for what you say here. :hat

i aint here to put people down, or make friends. im here cos i like talking about the spurs. this forum thing is all fairly new to me. i didnt goto these sites during the season. like many im trying to learn how these forums work, what kind of words to use in order not to offend anyone, and still get my point across. if at anytime i feel this is a waste of time. you wont know about it.

Ed Helicopter Jones
08-19-2008, 01:54 PM
i aint here to put people down, or make friends. im here cos i like talking about the spurs. this forum thing is all fairly new to me. i didnt goto these sites during the season. like many im trying to learn how these forums work, what kind of words to use in order not to offend anyone, and still get my point across. if at anytime i feel this is a waste of time. you wont know about it.

Mrs. Purs, you seem like a nice enough lady, perhaps just a little insecure. I'm sure that as your knowledge of the team grows, so too will your posting ability.

Keep up the good work! :tu

mrspurs
08-19-2008, 03:19 PM
Mrs. Purs, you seem like a nice enough lady, perhaps just a little insecure. I'm sure that as your knowledge of the team grows, so too will your posting ability.

Keep up the good work! :tu

see now this is the kind of humor i like :lol im more man then most men will ever become. i spent 20 years in the military, i have good kids (one in sapd academy ) and a wonderful wife(incase she logs on and reads this). i get to see the spurs you guys talk good and bad about every single game at the at@t center. there is no insecurity here. i posted pics of myself along with some of my friends that visit both the at@t center and freeman coliseum every year. i bet you dont even that hockey players practice fighting after practice is over.(its a total blast to watch). i bet you dont know that sometimes its gets so boring being on the floor most fans would dream to be on. i invented this game in which we all find roaches then take those roaches, and as the ice grows place bets on which roach makes it off the ice :lol . i wont name any players names who sometimes take in on the action. try try again my friend look at the avatar im not afraid to show my face. whatcha got next? :wow

Kori Ellis
08-19-2008, 03:22 PM
Why did this get bumped today?

ArgSpursFan.
08-19-2008, 03:24 PM
I guess is BUMP DAY

who cares anyways???