06-02-2008, 12:37 AM
http://www.nba.com/media/playerfile/joe_alexander.jpg

Full Name: Joe Anthony Alexander
Position: Forward
Height/Weight: 6-8 / 230
Birthdate: December 26, 1986
High School: Hargrave Military Academy
College: West Virginia

NBA (http://www.nba.com/draft2008/profiles/JoeAlexander.html)
NBADraft.net (http://www.nbadraft.net/admincp/profiles/joealexander.html)
DraftExpress (http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Joe-Alexander-1185/)

mffl89
06-02-2008, 06:48 AM
He went to my high school in Beijing for his freshman/sophomore year.
His athleticism is incredible and has a decent-good stroke.
He's also fluent in Mandarin.

thekingrobert
06-02-2008, 08:43 AM
if he can improve his ball control and shot he's worth a look

Sway
06-02-2008, 08:57 PM
Yeah I like this guy but his stock is rising quickly. The "head butting the rim" and "elbow inside the rim" tricks tend to do that. He will probably be gone long before the Spurs pick.

tlongII
06-02-2008, 09:43 PM
This guy won't be available when the Spurs pick.

spursfan98
06-02-2008, 10:00 PM
This guy won't be available when the Spurs pick.

That is true but hibbert probably will

hsxvvd
06-04-2008, 03:17 AM
Looks like he killed the tests at draft camp.

Jumps higher, lifts more and runs faster.... he's superman.

mountainballer
06-04-2008, 03:37 AM
if he can improve his ball control and shot he's worth a look

jesus. worth a look, if he improves his ball handling?? :lol
hey, we have the pick #26 , not #6.

angelbelow
06-04-2008, 04:58 AM
heard he absolutely tore it up at the draft camp. wow didnt realy this guy is projected to go at 14 according to draftexpress. i guess we can forget about him.

mountainballer
06-04-2008, 06:01 AM
heard he absolutely tore it up at the draft camp. wow didnt realy this guy is projected to go at 14 according to draftexpress. i guess we can forget about him.

tore it up is an understatement.
I'm pretty sure the combined results will show the best athletic test ever.
2.99 for the 3/4 court sprint is the 2nd best time ever. and it's especially impressive, because he's a true 6-8 220 lbs player. other "lightning quick" (and much smaller) players were for example: 3.05 (Derrick Rose), 3.06 (Ray Felton), 3.07 (DJ Augustin), 3.08 (Dwayne Wade), 3.09 (Mike Conley).
and his 24 bench press repetitions is only 2 under the all time record.
this guy is a white Shawn Marion.

hsxvvd
06-04-2008, 06:52 AM
Could this be the best white player to enter the league since ...... :stirpot:?

fishrap
06-04-2008, 07:56 AM
Too bad he won't make it to the Spurs pick. He has "Spurs" written all over him.

A.H 21-50
06-04-2008, 07:57 AM
The guy looks impressive , he's athletic :rolleyes

Porjected as top 15-20

Joe Schmoogins
06-04-2008, 08:09 AM
Too bad he won't make it to the Spurs pick. He has "Spurs" written all over him.

I agree... he's old, unathletic, a vet, foreign, dirty, boring, humble, and prefers to lay it up instead of dunk it. Seems like a spur to me too!

MoSpur
06-04-2008, 08:19 AM
The tournament really helped this guy. I like is passion for the game. I have my doubts though.

SenorSpur
06-04-2008, 08:24 AM
Is there another word for stud?

mountainballer
06-04-2008, 09:13 AM
The guy looks impressive , he's athletic :rolleyes

Porjected as top 15-20

meanwhile projected top 10 by many mocks.

Bruno
06-04-2008, 09:22 AM
Bust, the next Joey Graham.

MoSpur
06-04-2008, 04:12 PM
Seems like all he does is dunk. Reminds me of someone the Spurs use to have who could dunk like crazy and then went over seas. Oh Yeah,

James White!!!!

hsxvvd
06-04-2008, 04:17 PM
He's not just an athletic freak, he has skills. He was the focus of every defence he played in college and was still able to rack up the numbers.

Danny Granger at the very worst.

Borosai
06-04-2008, 04:23 PM
I loves me some James White!

SenorSpur
06-04-2008, 04:25 PM
Could this be the best white player to enter the league since ...... :stirpot:?

Tom Chambers or Rex Chapman

SPURSGOAT
06-04-2008, 04:48 PM
watching that vid clip I was like... :D:drool:

then realized.. he won't fall to us... :depressed:(

angelbelow
06-04-2008, 04:50 PM
He's not just an athletic freak, he has skills. He was the focus of every defence he played in college and was still able to rack up the numbers.

Danny Granger at the very worst.

damn.. then he is our type of player.

Behrooz24
06-04-2008, 05:53 PM
I like this kid (no homo). I watched him play in the tourney, his jump hook is nice.

wildbill2u
06-05-2008, 04:19 PM
http://www.nba.com/media/playerfile/joe_alexander.jpg

Full Name: Joe Anthony Alexander
Position: Forward
Height/Weight: 6-8 / 230
Birthdate: December 26, 1986
High School: Hargrave Military Academy
College: West Virginia

NBA (http://www.nba.com/draft2008/profiles/JoeAlexander.html)
NBADraft.net (http://www.nbadraft.net/admincp/profiles/joealexander.html)
DraftExpress (http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Joe-Alexander-1185/)

He'll never drop that low in the draft for us to pick him up. On the other hand we got Splitter for nothing....er...that didn't come out right

ace3g
06-06-2008, 02:34 PM
Draft Report: Joe Alexander Of West Virginia

Joe Alexander combines elite athleticism and a pure offensive game to emerge as one of the draft’s elite versatile scorers.

He busted out for West Virginia in 07-08 and the biggest difference between his sophomore and junior season is the quality and complexity of his footwork in the post and before using the dribble while in the triple threat position.

As a sophomore he would score off a single dribble move and pivot; during the middle and latter part of his junior season there would be multiple fakes, spins and crossovers before scoring, which would give him shot attempts despite a double team or simple good defense that would be unavailable to him in the past.

His balance is impeccable and his incredible elevation allows him to do pretty much anything he wants to do on so many different parts of the floor, particularly in the midpost. He often reverse pivots when catching the ball in this area of the floor, which sets him up nicely to shoot his jumper if his man gives him space.

He can beat his man off the dribble, but once he loses the triple threat he becomes easier to defend because his dribble shakes are on the average side; his best dribble moves are north/south.

Alexander is one of the most dangerous players I’ve ever seen in how he flies down the lane; he can pull up at 5-feet and bank a runner or turn the corner and flush it on just about anyone. He also has a large radius of range on a little one-hand scoop shot and more impressively on how far he can take off on dunks.

He can also go from rapid dribble to pull up jumper on a dime.

Alexander moves very well without the ball, stealthily getting into space and finding the creases of the defense. He makes use of nice lateral movements from block to block, block to elbow, elbow to corner, etc. to get himself open. He will flash to the elbow for a catch-and-shoot and hit the jumper in one very fluid motion. Alexander makes hard productive cuts, especially after he completes a pass.

You can probably blindfold him and he’d still know where he is on the floor.

He has good-sized hands (palming the ball MJ style sometimes in the halfcourt) and rarely fumbles anything on the catch.

Alexander can hit from just about anywhere on the floor with his jumper; he has a great 3-point shot and is fully comfortable with the mid-range jumper, which has become increasingly uncommon.

His form is compact but he gets great elevation on his shot, allowing him to comfortably shoot over most defenders. He has good arc and rotation and his misses are rarely ‘bad’ misses and his makes are typically pure swishes or sophisticated bank shots.

He loves the bank shot and will shoot them premeditated from up to 18-feet out and occasional from highly unusual angles. From day one he will be in the 90 percentile amongst NBA players with his use of the glass.

Alexander’s shot mechanics are incredibly consistent and he rarely misses open 3-point attempts.

He has a great instinctual feel for when he needs to break towards the basket or go back out on the perimeter in transition when nothing is there.

He isn’t a prodigal passer but is developing, learning he can do things he didn’t know were possible, as well as the limitations in this area of the game which will decrease turnovers.

He has a host of options available to him when he jump stops into the paint because of his pivot work and passing abilities.

He makes an occasional brilliant outlet pass from underneath the basket past halfcourt to trigger an easy early offense opportunity. Alexander also is an effective point forward when he grabs a defensive rebound, seeing the floor and handling the ball very well at a legitimate 6-8.

Alexander’s defensive talents rest largely on his great leaping ability and length. He is an active on-ball shotblocker and will affect shots and passes he can’t get a finger on. He also can get high into the air to get blocks in help defense; there is really no way to understate the kind of vertical he has.

He sometimes over commits on the perimeter but I like the intensity and it’s easier to scale someone back then to implant a motor that isn’t there.

Alexander is a blue-collar rebounder on both sides of the floor, which of course pairs nicely with his athleticism and how well he anticipates a shot attempt to get a jump on the inside position.

I expect Alexander to become a slam dunk champion and occasional All-Star in the NBA, the latter could even be more likely than the former.

http://realgm.com/src_fromtherafters/177/20080606/draft_report_joe_alexander_of_west_virginia/

MoSpur
06-06-2008, 02:56 PM
Dang! Who wrote that report? Is he agent?

JamStone
06-06-2008, 06:39 PM
Could see him go as high as #6 to the Knicks or #8 to the Bucks.

tmtcsc
06-11-2008, 01:17 AM
Damn...hopefully the Blazers won't get him too. Good Lord, that team will be stacked. Maybe we can move Bonner to climb up in the draft.

Yep, I'm joking. We have nothing to offer to get us up high enough to draft him.

Marcus Bryant
06-16-2008, 11:59 AM
Alexander entered his name in the draft on April 9 but left open the option of a return to WVU.

The last few months, he has been testing the waters working out with numerous pro teams in Phoenix, New York and San Antonio to name a few.

link (http://www.cbs59.com/story.cfm?func=viewstory&storyid=40063)

Mr. Body
06-16-2008, 12:01 PM
Could see him go as high as #6 to the Knicks or #8 to the Bucks.

I don't know about the Knicks, but at 8 to the Bucks is not outside the realm of possibility. Alexander might push Gallinari out of the draft (as he wants to be top 10).

duncan228
06-16-2008, 05:49 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/8248414/Alexander-signs-with-agent,-won't-return-to-school?CMP=OTC-K9B140813162&ATT=99

Alexander signs with agent, won't return to school
by Jeff Goodman

West Virginia forward Joe Alexander finally made it official. He's not returning to college for his senior season.

The 6-foot-8 Alexander, who is considered a lottery pick in this year's NBA draft with his strong play down the stretch last season and a series of impressive workouts, has signed with agent Doug Neustadt.

"I waited to the last minute to make my final decision because I wanted to put as much thought into it as possible so I could make sure I was making the right one," Alexander told FOXSports.com. "And after two months of weighing my options, I think I've made the right one."

Alexander, who barely played his freshman season at West Virginia and was not highly regarded out of high school, averaged 16.9 points and 6.4 rebounds per game as a junior under Bob Huggins.

He also helped lead the Mountaineers to an improbable berth in the Sweet 16, where they lost to Xavier.

Marcus Bryant
06-16-2008, 06:05 PM
Good.

wildbill2u
06-17-2008, 10:06 AM
He's been moving steadily up on the draft charts--maybe because it wasn't certain he'd stay in the draft.

I'd love to have him, but he's now way out of our range in the draft.

timvp
06-22-2008, 04:03 AM
GdAYyqSOuPc

By watching him in college I knew he was pretty damn athletic. But that YouTube of him is just sick. He'd solve the Spurs athleticism problem single-handedly.

Too bad there's no way for the Spurs to trade up and get him.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-22-2008, 06:30 AM
Damn, we're never gonna get that guy. Doesn't play like a pussy either.

Biggems
06-22-2008, 10:16 AM
as long as my favorite player in the draft doesnt go to PHX I am happy. I also would hate for Milwaukee to get him, his talents will be wasted on them.

The Knicks would be quite smart to draft him, but they won't. They will go after some other prospect who will probably flame out.

oligarchy
06-22-2008, 10:49 AM
By watching him in college I knew he was pretty damn athletic. But that YouTube of him is just sick. He'd solve the Spurs athleticism problem single-handedly.

Too bad there's no way for the Spurs to trade up and get him.

I don't think he has a game outside of dunking. Are you really that high on him? I guess this years SF crop isn't that spectacular either -- it's more of a big man draft.