06-02-2008, 12:49 AM
http://www.nba.com/media/playerfile/roy_hibbert.jpg

Full Name: Roy Denzil Hibbert
Position: Center
Height/Weight: 7-2 / 278
Birthdate: December 11, 1986
High School: Georgetown Prep
College: Georgetown

NBA (http://www.nba.com/draft2008/profiles/RoyHibbert.html)
NBADraft.net (http://www.nbadraft.net/admincp/profiles/royhibbert.html)
DraftExpress (http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Roy-Hibbert-585/)

bdictjames
06-02-2008, 12:51 AM
Lots of upside, but the kid seems like a bust to me. Waaay overrated

K-State Spur
06-02-2008, 12:55 AM
I don't think he's rated high enough to be way overrated.

urunobili
06-02-2008, 08:52 AM
he got owned by way shorter centers last year while playing for Team USA on the pan american games in Rio... even my country Uruguay got it's first historic win against a US team with this guy starting... if Batista was able to outplay this... not a good choice... he is just size...

bigdog
06-02-2008, 10:41 AM
he has the size, he has some skills, but he's soft.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-02-2008, 12:28 PM
:td

EVAY
06-02-2008, 12:34 PM
I saw him play last year. He is certainly not in the league of the well-known Georgetown centers....nowhere near as good as a Ewing or a Mourning or a Motumbo...more like that other Georgetown center ( can't remember his name...tells you something right there, doesn't it)...who came out and became something of a journeyman player. He is still trainable though, and Georgetown guys take coaching much better than others. He could be developed into ok. Why do you think he will still be available when it gets to be our turn? Oh yeah, his name is Othella Harrignton. Good...just not great. But Hibbert could be better than Harrington because of his size.

A.H 21-50
06-02-2008, 12:46 PM
I saw him play last year. He is certainly not in the league of the well-known Georgetown centers....nowhere near as good as a Ewing or a Mourning or a Motumbo...more like that other Georgetown center ( can't remember his name...tells you something right there, doesn't it)...who came out and became something of a journeyman player. He is still trainable though, and Georgetown guys take coaching much better than others. He could be developed into ok. Why do you think he will still be available when it gets to be our turn? Oh yeah, his name is Othella Harrignton. Good...just not great. But Hibbert could be better than Harrington because of his size.

you talk about jahidi white , a big center from G-Town who didn't do something in the nba despite having size , weight .....
He plays two or three average seasons and disappears but he was only a second round pick (43th)
Hibbert will be a first round pick so things are different , i didn't watch him so i don't know if he could be good
comments says he's slow and not athletic but good BB IQ , shot blocking ability and good hands

ECZ
06-02-2008, 01:52 PM
no thanks

remingtonbo2001
06-02-2008, 01:53 PM
I could possibily see the Spurs trading up in the second round.

Would this guy be worth it? I'm not sure.

mountainballer
06-02-2008, 04:22 PM
I can't see that either the Jazz or the Rockets pass on him.
just for the record, what if they did? Spurs will take a close look, now that they won't be able to add Tiago.
did you all forget, that Spurs tried hard to get Joel Przybilla in the offseason 2006 and have offered him the full MLE?
only a few teams still belive they can succeed with a huge slow space eater in the middle, but Spurs are definitely one of this teams. in fact Hibbert reminds me about a crossing between Przybilla and Rasho. so don't be surprised if they do have him on their draft list.
btw. what he really does well is setting screens. and that's something quite important for the Spurs style, but of course not measured in stats. he's also a good passer out of the post. another much appreciated quality in this system.

spursfan98
06-02-2008, 04:23 PM
OK pick, if your goin big id rather get joey dorsey

Mr. Body
06-02-2008, 05:05 PM
I can't see that either the Jazz or the Rockets pass on him.

He could be an excellent choice for Houston. A nice backup for Yao in case Lopez is gone.

Sad for Hibbert, he was a top 10 pick last year. He still has very nice skills and I wouldn't be surprised to see him have a fairly productive career. He may be slow, but isn't without skills.

manufor3
06-02-2008, 06:01 PM
lets get him

ShoogarBear
06-02-2008, 06:15 PM
Hibbert is going to be a slug. If you're looking for the next Greg Ostertag, he's your man.

spursfan98
06-02-2008, 06:21 PM
Hibbert is going to be a slug. If you're looking for the next Greg Ostertag, he's your man.

no one will ever be as bad as the osterage

tlongII
06-02-2008, 07:43 PM
Hibbert won't be available where the Spurs pick.

spursfan98
06-02-2008, 07:46 PM
Hibbert won't be available where the Spurs pick.

many mock drafts show the spurs taking him. we probably wont take him though

Mr. Body
06-02-2008, 07:52 PM
Ostertag was a more than serviceable big man who stuck in the league for a very long time. I mean, the guy was a joke otherwise, but Hibbert should count his lucky stars to have that career.

spursfan98
06-02-2008, 07:53 PM
osterage was the most overpaid player in nba history no joke

DMX7
06-02-2008, 07:54 PM
Too Similar to IAN. IAN is probably more developed and athletic than this guy anyway.

spursfan98
06-02-2008, 07:55 PM
Too Similar to IAN. IAN is probably more developed and athletic than this guy anyway.

+1

tlongII
06-02-2008, 09:47 PM
many mock drafts show the spurs taking him. we probably wont take him though

Really? What mocks are those? I've seen him going at #23 in most of the mocks I've looked at.

tlongII
06-02-2008, 09:48 PM

Mahinmi is 6-10, 230 lbs. Hibbert is 7-2, 280 lbs. They couldn't be more different.

spursfan98
06-02-2008, 09:51 PM
Mahinmi is 6-10, 230 lbs. Hibbert is 7-2, 280 lbs. They couldn't be more different.

Mahinmi is more athletic

TDfan2007
06-02-2008, 11:33 PM
No fucking way. We don't need ANOTHER unathletic big.

mystargtr34
06-02-2008, 11:38 PM

:lol exactly... no comparison at all.

Its like comparing Shaq to Stoudemire

Spur-Addict
06-02-2008, 11:40 PM
Ssss...Ooooo....Ffffff...with a Capital T........Sawwwwffffffffttahtsss

mystargtr34
06-02-2008, 11:40 PM
Although i can see it now

Hibbert
Thomas
Bonner
Finley
Vaughan

Make it happen

ShoogarBear
06-03-2008, 04:23 AM
Ostertag was a more than serviceable big man who stuck in the league for a very long time. I mean, the guy was a joke otherwise, but Hibbert should count his lucky stars to have that career.

Maybe Hibbert would be happy with that, but I don't think any team drafts a player in the first round hoping that he turns out to be the next Greg Ostertag.

angelbelow
06-03-2008, 04:52 AM
if hes still there, i dont see why dont.

mountainballer
06-03-2008, 05:04 AM
osterage was the most overpaid player in nba history no joke

90% of the NBA players are overpaid and half of them are the most overpaid of all time.
some people could even argue, that a player who delivers less than 7 PPG in a postseason, on a bad shooting percentage, for a salary of 22 million per year, is the most overpaid player in history.

50 cent
06-03-2008, 10:59 AM
I think the right environment might help Hibbert turn the corner. If he learned the Spurs defensive rotations, I think he would be a decent big.

Mr. Body
06-03-2008, 11:05 AM
Maybe Hibbert would be happy with that, but I don't think any team drafts a player in the first round hoping that he turns out to be the next Greg Ostertag.

I was just defending Ostercrap. He'll live long and well shooting squirrel guns off his back porch for being able to be the brunt of jokes for so long. I'd get dunked on by Shaq for a million dollars.

GrandeDavid
06-03-2008, 11:11 AM
Hibbs will not be that good in the NBA. I thought he was overrated in college. I've seen him play a few times as my alma mater is a Big East rival.

Mr. Body
06-03-2008, 11:13 AM
I think he'll be a serviceable big man for a number of years. Not bad, really.

angelbelow
06-03-2008, 02:01 PM
well he definitely took a step back this year, him being drafted around 20-30 is fitting. if hes still on board it might be hard not to draft him.

A.H 21-50
06-16-2008, 08:43 AM
Two players we haven’t heard great things about from their workouts so far as DeAndre Jordan and JaVale McGee. Both have reportedly been outplayed by lower rated prospects such as Alexis Ajinca (in Charlotte) and Roy Hibbert. Jordan has not impressed anyone by showing up for his job interview (what this is essentially) in a t-shirt and shorts while players such as Hibbert and Courtney Lee arrived prepared to get down to business in a suit and tie. Hibbert has gotten some strong reviews from teams who have seen him so far, as he appears to be in excellent shape and is reminding people why he was considered a lock for the lottery just a year ago, running the floor well (better than his peers), finishing with either hand around the basket, and shooting the ball better than expected from outside. Not surprisingly, the 21-year old Georgetown product has been extremely impressive off the court as well—which is an underrated element in this process.

Mr. Body
06-16-2008, 08:54 AM
Hibbert has only a few teams where he'd work out well due to offensive pace. The Spurs are one of them. I don't know if he'd be quick enough on defensive rotations for the Spurs' liking, and C isn't quite a need, but this is a nicely skilled player. When he was alongside Jeff Green he was better than having to go alone. He's a hardworker, regardless, has a nice touch, can rebound and block shots, and is a very nice passer for his size. He could be the best Spurs center since Robinson. As for shooting touch, let's remember he hit a game-winning 3 against Connecticut last year that showed excellent form.

angelbelow
06-17-2008, 03:07 AM
DX has us taking him.

Pistons < Spurs
06-17-2008, 07:17 AM
DX has us taking him.

And for those that didn't notice, this is DX's first mock that actually incorporates team needs.

timvp
06-17-2008, 07:21 AM
If the draft plays out like DX has it, the Spurs have to take Chalmers. Hibbert just doesn't fit. Duncan will become more and more a center as he ages. The Spurs would be way too slow if they had to rely on Hibbert next to Duncan.

Even though just Budinger and Lawson pulled out, it looks like those two players pulling out could be just enough to push players like CDR, Batum and even Chalmers just out of reach of the Spurs at 26 :shootme

Mr. Body
06-17-2008, 08:13 AM
And for those that didn't notice, this is DX's first mock that actually incorporates team needs.

Does it? Almost none of the 15-30 picks make sense.

angelbelow
06-17-2008, 03:50 PM
Does it? Almost none of the 15-30 picks make sense.

yea i agree with that, however most mock drafts should be finalizing their mocks because the players who are going to be in the draft are set.

urunobili
06-20-2008, 12:02 PM
it seems every place but ESPN have us going big... now this guy too... :lmao

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Ap32y1j0kpX8BSVOnUH2NqE5nYcB?slug=ys-mockdraftc061708&prov=yhoo&type=lgns