06-02-2008, 01:34 AM
http://www.nba.com/media/playerfile/richard_hendrix.jpg

Full Name: Venard Richard Hendrix
Position: Forward
Height/Weight: 6-9 / 255
Birthdate: November 15, 1986
High School: Athens HS
College: Alabama

NBA (http://www.nba.com/draft2008/profiles/RichardHendrix.html)
NBADraft.net (http://www.nbadraft.net/admincp/profiles/richardhendrix.html)
DraftExpress (http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Richard-Hendrix-229/)

timvp
06-16-2008, 03:52 AM
Hendrix did everything he possibly could to help himself reportedly, blocking shots, rebounding well, scoring points both inside and outside, running the floor and playing strong defense. This is not the first strong report we’ve received from a workout he’s been in-- others have mentioned how much better he’s shooting free throws and mid-range jumpers, as well as the confidence he exudes and how impressive he is off the court as well. As we’ve discussed before, Hendrix’s numbers and overall profile compares favorably with Carlos Boozer’s at the same age, and even though we might not ever become an all-star like Boozer, he could develop into a Paul Millsap type steal if he falls into the second round.

http://www.draftexpress.com/blog/Jonathan-Givony/

Sounds intriguing. The Spurs could use a rebounder/shotblocker type at power forward. It sounds like he outplayed a very good group of players in that report.

Marcus Bryant
06-16-2008, 11:56 AM
On a day when a little fatherly advice might be welcome, Ronald Steele and Richard Hendrix won’t be gathered around the family dinner table.

Both University of Alabama basketball players will have to spend their Father’s Day getting words of wisdom over the telephone behind making flight connections and working out for National Basketball Association teams. Hendrix will be in Seattle today and San Antonio on Monday.

link (http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/article/20080616/NEWS/918453104/-1/NIE)

Mr. Body
06-16-2008, 11:57 AM
I could have sworn Ron Steele pulled out already.

Marcus Bryant
06-16-2008, 02:49 PM
UA has confirmed that Steele's teammate Richard Hendrix will indeed remain in the draft and not be back next season. Hendrix's father confirmed that news earlier to the Press-Register.

"Richard called me and informed me he is going to stay in the draft," Alabama coach Mark Gottfried said in a statement. "We had a great conversation. I told him I loved him and supported him. Richard has always represented the University of Alabama with a great deal of class which shows because he's a three-year graduate. I will be pulling hard and cheering for him as he moves on with his future."

link (http://blog.al.com/bamabeat/2008/06/steele_expected_to_return_to_a.html)

Mr. Body
06-16-2008, 02:50 PM
Three year graduate? Sign him up. Or draft him. Whatever.

Pistons < Spurs
06-16-2008, 02:53 PM
I could have sworn Ron Steele pulled out already.
I thought I had heard the same thing, but Draftexpress lists him as 'on the fence' per their most recent update.

timvp
06-17-2008, 03:02 AM
It'd be nice if the Spurs came away from the draft with Hendrix. Good rebounder and plays physical. Plus the Spurs have had luck with Alabama power forwards.

Looking at his measurements, he's basically 6-foot-8 with shoes on, which isn't very good. However, he had the third fast lane agility time, which is amazing for a 250 pound power forward.

Agile 250 pound rebounding and shotblocking power forward? Spurs could use one of those. Plus he comes across as smart enough to not wilt when Pop opens the playbook.

390XoZqQwnk

kobyz
06-17-2008, 03:36 AM
yea he will be great, but i can't see it happened, we won't take him with the 26 pick and he probably will taken in the earlier second round

Marcus Bryant
06-17-2008, 04:14 PM
yea he will be great, but i can't see it happened, we won't take him with the 26 pick and he probably will taken in the earlier second round

45 + 57 + a little cash to move up into the mid-30s to nab him?

Silverheart80
06-17-2008, 04:26 PM
This guy really wasn't on my radar until Marcus started hyping him. I watched the video up there......his demeanor sure comes off like a Spur, doesn't it? Not like that means anything though....I need to go hit YouTube and find some video of him...

I really feel like the Spurs have gotta have an athletic 3 as more of a priority than an undersized 4. Much as I respect Marcus' takes, I suspect he disagrees. That said, if we got CDR at 26 and took this guy in the 2nd (even if it meant putting together the package that Marcus outlined above)......hmmmm......yeah, maybe....food for thought, for sure....I need to go think about it some more.

timvp
06-18-2008, 09:28 PM
Hendrix may be this draft's poster child for productive players underrated because of tweener size. Hendrix made more than 60 percent of his two-point shots and his offensive rebound rate (12.9 percent of his own team's misses) was 59th in the country. He's a tireless worker, adept at getting to the foul line (52.5 free throws per 100 field-goal attempts) and--here's the kicker--had a block rate of 7.2 (82nd). That suggests that Hendrix plays bigger than his height, probably because of his long arms. He'll be a steal for somebody. He's not a star but could be this year's version of Millsap.

http://www.basketballprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=368

Past the projected top 30, there are a handful of Win Score favorites highly likely to pleasantly surprise their new organizations. Richard Hendrix, Chris Lofton, and Joey Dorsey all appear to be excellent NBA prospects per Win Score. These gentlemen are coming out of strong programs, yet seem underappreciated by the scouting majority.
While DraftExpress’s scouting report on Richard Hendrix is positive, his mock draft spot winds up south of the first round. Hendrix’s body of work is solid, posting consistently high PAWS/40 regardless of competition (marks of 5.7 vs top 25 and 6.5 vs top 100). To lock this guy up for 4 years would be a solid investment for any NBA team.

http://www.draftexpress.com/article/2008-Win-Scores-NBA-Draft-Preview-2932/

Hendrix sounds like the leading candidate to be the undersized power forward steal of this draft. There always seems to be a couple each year. Hendrix at 26 may be a little bit of a reach but not a horrible reach. If the Spurs want a big who can produce right away at 26, he seems like a top target. At 45 he's a no-brainer.

Spurs da champs
06-18-2008, 10:50 PM
10rpg and 2bpg I say take him.

Silverheart80
06-18-2008, 11:05 PM
Marcus' proposed deal (45 + 57 + a little cash to move up into the mid-30s to nab him?)....is sounding like a pretty darn good idea....

I say CDR in the first round + Hendrix in the 2nd round = a very promising draft for the Spurs...fingers crossed....

Guajalote
06-19-2008, 11:51 PM
Marcus' proposed deal (45 + 57 + a little cash to move up into the mid-30s to nab him?)....is sounding like a pretty darn good idea....

I say CDR in the first round + Hendrix in the 2nd round = a very promising draft for the Spurs...fingers crossed....

Agreed. After seeing his interview (thanks timvp) when he talked about liking to muscle people around, I'd like to see Hendrix on board as our enforcer. Seems like he's got a good head on his shoulders too (talked about his parents' influence, not a bunch of handlers or agents).

oligarchy
06-20-2008, 12:02 AM
Hendrix won't be on the board at 45. Dorsey might be there at 45.

It might be worth giving up the 26 to pickup the 33 and 36. They then have 33, 36, 45, and 57.

Picks: Calathes, Hendrix or Dorsey, Giddens, and Hill.

Guajalote
06-20-2008, 12:07 AM
Hendrix won't be on the board at 45. Dorsey might be there at 45.

It might be worth giving up the 26 to pickup the 33 and 36. They then have 33, 36, 45, and 57.

Picks: Calathes, Hendrix or Dorsey, Giddens, and Hill.

Choices, choices. CDR or Hendrix? :(

Holt's Cat
06-20-2008, 12:10 AM
How about both?

oligarchy
06-20-2008, 12:11 AM
Don't sleep on Dorsey.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-20-2008, 10:43 AM
Three year graduate? Sign him up. Or draft him.

Sounds good. I hope he's on the Spurs radar.

timvp
06-22-2008, 05:05 AM
Hendrix stands out in the DraftExpress stats comparison. (http://www.draftexpress.com/article/Just-By-The-Numbers--Evaluating-This-Year-s-Power-Foward-Crop-2935/)

Even Hollinger has Hendrix ranked above a lot of bigs who are ahead of him in mock drafts. (http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft2008/insider/columns/story?columnist=hollinger_john&page=DraftRater-080620)

If the wings are off the board and the Spurs want to keep their first round pick, Hendrix would be a damn safe pick that could potentially help pretty quickly. He's still a risk because he's a little undersized and got by on his strength in college, however the same could be said about someone like Paul Millsap.

MannyIsGod
06-22-2008, 12:04 PM
This guy has Milsap written all over him. Milsap was a huge force in college who was supposed to be undersized for the NBA. One of the better 2nd rounders in recent memory.

I think you can get Hendrix with a 2nd though. You should try to trade down if you plan on taking him.

Tully365
06-23-2008, 12:21 AM
This year's Carl Landry?

TDMVPDPOY
06-23-2008, 12:27 AM
his ceiling?

at worst...malik rose?

timvp
06-23-2008, 05:25 PM
Hendrix was limited in the workout after straining his left quadriceps in a weekend audition for San Antonio.

http://www.theledger.com/article/20080623/APS/806231132

:hungry:

Hopefully this is a "we'll draft you in the second round and give you guaranteed money if you disappear" type injury.

angelbelow
06-24-2008, 04:12 AM
45 + 57 + a little cash to move up into the mid-30s to nab him?

im down for that, or maybe even the 30th.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-24-2008, 04:34 AM
I hope we get this guy.

Marcus Bryant
06-24-2008, 10:57 AM
Interesting comparison (http://www.draftexpress.com/article/Just-By-The-Numbers--Evaluating-This-Year-s-Power-Foward-Crop-2935/) of the 4s in the draft from DraftExpress. Hendrix looks like one of the top 5 PFs in this draft. Rebounds well, including on the offensive end, blocks shots, forces turnovers, and takes care of the rock. I think he could be a valuable member of the rotation as a reserve big in SA. Plus he seems mature.

The knocks on him would be the lack of height and the lack of a polished offensive game. For the Spurs' purposes those wouldn't be that important.

All in all, I think he'd be a solid pick at #26.

Marcus Bryant
06-24-2008, 11:02 AM
Actually he might be the 3rd best PF overall, if you believe Hollinger.

Buddy Holly
06-26-2008, 08:25 AM
Seattle looks like a team we could package our two second rounders to for their 32nd pick.

A.H 21-50
06-26-2008, 08:29 AM
Seattle looks like a team we could package our two second rounders to for their 32nd pick.

maybe the better solution
then you can have something like cdr/batum/lee and a big like hendrix/hardin or dorsey

i hope the spurs could have a second round pick in the 30's

The Truth #6
06-26-2008, 08:41 AM
So if the wings we want are gone at 26 and we end up taking Hendrix, I'm curious how that affects the rest of our big men.

TD, Oberto, Ian, (Hendrix), Bonner, Kurt Thomas - would one of those guys not be needed? Obviously, I'm referring to Bonner or KT.

Ocotillo
06-26-2008, 08:59 AM
^^ Either Hendrix goes to the Toros or Bonner is shipped out.

Marcus Bryant
06-26-2008, 09:36 AM
Hendrix fits the profile of the classic "Spurs pick," at least for domestic players. He has his degree. Great attitude. Performed well at a D1A school.

timvp
06-26-2008, 09:39 AM
Richard Hendrix, Alabama: On some levels I understand why numbers are generally ignored for athleticism when grading prospects. Some players make better pros than players who were superior to them in college. Things like height, wingspan, quickness and vertical leap are all much more important on the pro than college level. That being acknowledged, sometimes the numbers are too good to ignore and Hendrix is one of those cases. As the table above shows, he meets or surpasses every number a PF has historically hit to succeed. Not too many PFs have been over .600 in 2 pt. FG pct., 22 P40, 12.5 R40 and 4 SB40 in the same season. Here’s the list:

http://spurstalk.com/hendrix0.jpg

I limit these things to player with over 500 minutes, so Loren Meyer didn’t quite make the list. Miller is more of a center than a PF, but I decided to include him just to add some perspective and because he probably played some PF in his career. I didn’t include Shaq and David Robinson in the group, because they’re both pure centers and I just didn’t see the point. Stanley Brundy was a 6’6” 210 lb. PF from DePaul who was drafted by New Jersey and suspended his first season for violating the drug policy. He left the league after his rookie year and played for many years in Europe. It’s an impressive group, but hardly makes Hendrix a lock for stardom. Brand and Webber were both sophs when they accomplished this feat and none of the others had a great career, though Gatling made an all-star team and Miller was a very efficient player. I can say that Hendrix compares favorably to successful PFs in their junior season.

One more thing I’d like to do with Hendrix is compare his freshman season to the seasons of this years’ stellar PF crop. If I’m ranking him ahead of the likes of Randolph he should at least have had a comparable freshman campaign.

http://spurstalk.com/hendrix1.jpg

Other than the P40, Hendrix matches up well with players in this group not named Love and Beasley. He’s a little better than some and a bit worse than others. As a freshman, Hendrix joined a Crimson Tide team featured two PFs, Chuck Davis and Jermareo Davidson who were the 1st and 3rd returning scorers, top 2 returning rebounders and shot blockers. For that reason the low P40 isn’t a big deal. That Hendrix was able to earn 27 minutes per game as a freshman in a crowded frontcourt is impressive.

I like Richard Hendrix and I feel he’s a legit first round draft pick. If he lasts into round 2, he’ll become a pleasant surprise in the way Carlos Boozer or Paul Millsap have. He’s in a very strong PF field and is mainly being measured against freshmen, who are generally preferred to juniors because of their upside. That hurts his stock some, as does the fact that Alabama didn’t make the tournament. But players with numbers this good who have the size to play in the league usually make it and do well. At the very least Hendrix should become a valuable reserve on the inside. But he’s probably better than that and will be a starter somewhere.

http://hoopsanalyst.com/0708ew19.htm

Very nice writeup :tu

I don't think he's really a starting level big but as a Millsap type player who can come in and bang for 15 minutes a night. Rebound, block shots and finish strongly around the basket.

He's also a son of a coach who got his degree in three years so that's a good sign that he'll be able to comprehend and digest the Spurs' defensive schemes.

Marcus Bryant
06-26-2008, 09:40 AM
Very nice writeup :tu

I don't think he's really a starting level big but as a Millsap type player who can come in and bang for 15 minutes a night. Rebound, block shots and finish strongly around the basket.

He's also a son of a coach who got his degree in three years so that's a good sign that he'll be able to comprehend and digest the Spurs' defensive schemes.

I saw a comparison on DraftExpress of all the 4s in the draft. Hendrix looked like he was in the top 5. Let me dig that up...

Marcus Bryant
06-26-2008, 09:41 AM
Here you go. (http://www.draftexpress.com/article/Just-By-The-Numbers--Evaluating-This-Year-s-Power-Foward-Crop-2935/)

Marcus Bryant
06-26-2008, 09:45 AM
Of course, that relies on the Stat Man's model. So take it FWIW.

timvp
06-26-2008, 09:47 AM
Of course, that relies on the Stat Man's model. So take it FWIW.Speaking of Stat Men, Hollinger also has Hendrix rated as a first rounder.

Marcus Bryant
06-26-2008, 09:50 AM
Top 5 PFs using Holly's PER:

1. Beasley
2. Love
3. Hendrix
4. Hines
5. Anderson :(

2centsworth
06-26-2008, 09:50 AM
Here you go. (http://www.draftexpress.com/article/Just-By-The-Numbers--Evaluating-This-Year-s-Power-Foward-Crop-2935/)

this guy is in the top 5 in every good category and doesn't show up in the bad. Seems consisently good.

Southwest Texas Fan
06-26-2008, 10:19 AM
He looks like a football player:lol. But he sounds like he could be a solid pick up.

Marcus Bryant
06-26-2008, 10:22 AM
He looks like a football player:lol. But he sounds like he could be a solid pick up.

He's definitely physical. Has a nose for the offensive board.

timvp
06-26-2008, 02:32 PM
-Houston may trade out of the first round, according to reports we received from a team drafting in the 20’s. If Courtney Lee is not available at their pick (25), they may trade down with Minnesota and acquire the #31 and #34 picks. They are also talking with other teams.

http://www.draftexpress.com/article/Word-on-the-Street-Draft-Day-Rumblings--250-PM-EST--2950/

If Rockets end up not doing the trade and the Spurs want Hendrix, that may be a good avenue to take. Hendrix at 31, maybe someone like Hill or Walker at 34 and take two international flyers at 45 and 57.

Bruno
06-26-2008, 02:38 PM
If Spurs really want Hendrix, they should be able to get him either at 26th or by getting a second pick just after.
A lot of teams with a late first or early second round pick are said to be interested in trading their pick. Cash and/or future second round picks should be enough to get an additional pick in this area.

tav1
12-18-2008, 02:19 PM
Hendrix was just waived by Golden State. I'd like to see the Toros sign him. He was averaging 14 and 11 for Bakersfield, and rebound rate almost always carries over from one context to another.

I'm still in favor of Sims to the Spurs, if Mahinmi isn't going back down, but the Toros should try to land Hendrix to give him another look.

angelbelow
12-18-2008, 02:47 PM
agree to that, hendrix would have been a great pick at 45. worth giving him a look just to keep up to date.

tav1
12-18-2008, 04:35 PM
Gaines played well this afternoon and Brown is a decent player, but neither of them is likely to stick with the Spurs. Hendrix may be in their category, and he certainly duplicates their production. But still, it's worth seeing if he could the Spurs version of Paul Milsap. The fact that he didn't make it in in Nellie's system tells us nothing.

benefactor
12-19-2008, 06:51 PM
I'll take him....:)

ChumpDumper
12-19-2008, 07:13 PM
Foul prone, but he was the most productive rebounder in the D-League.

Not exactly the kind of player the Spurs need now, but it wouldn't cost much to take a look.

mrspurs
12-20-2008, 12:07 AM
interesting

benefactor
12-20-2008, 05:29 PM
Now a free agent, Hendrix weighs options (http://www.tradingmarkets.com/.site/news/Stock%20News/2094981/)

Richard Hendrix is the eternal optimist.

Just one day after the Golden State Warriors cut the former Alabama forward and Athens High grad from their roster, Hendrix was weighing his options.

An upbeat Hendrix sounded hopeful Wednesday that he could soon land with another NBA team.

"I understand that this is part of professional sports," said Hendrix, who had been playing for Golden State's NBA Development League team in Bakersfield, Calif. "Everything is a part of it -- cuts, injuries. You have to bounce back and recover."

Hendrix said he will try to sign with another NBA team, though he was not sure when it would happen. He did not rule out signing with a team in Europe, but said that was not the top option at the moment.

Hendrix graduated and left Alabama after last season with one year of eligibility remaining. He said he has no doubts about his choice, even if his first year in the NBA has not gone as planned.

"I'm still happy with my decision," Hendrix said. "I don't have any regrets about leaving Alabama, because I went to Alabama to get a degree. I still root for the fellas when they are playing basketball. Life goes on, and everything happens for a reason."

Hendrix did not play a minute for the Warriors. In nine games with Bakersfield, he averaged 13.9 points and 10.9 rebounds a game.

The Warriors chose Hendrix with the 49th overall pick in the second round of the NBA draft.

SenorSpur
12-20-2008, 05:35 PM
With Ian and Fab currently out, this would seem to be a prime opportunity to audition a young PF like this guy. It'd be nice if the Spurs gave him a look until such time as Ian comes aboard.

tav1
12-20-2008, 06:21 PM
I'm thinking maybe the Toros could sign Hendrix. I don't think he's done anything to warrant a Spurs contract yet. ABoom-Tho is a free agent again. While Demps likes him, the Spurs/Toros know all they need to on that front. So I'd take a pass. The only big prospect I'd like to see the Spurs bring in for an audition is Courtney Sims. He's foul and turnover prone, but he's doing enough positive things that he deserves a closer look.

ChumpDumper
12-20-2008, 06:26 PM
I don't know exactly how the order for signing a player in the D-League is being determined this season. I think it just rotates over time now.

Pretty much every team has signed a player since the Toros signed Andre Brown -- except Erie, and they need a big man more than any team.

timvp
12-21-2008, 01:52 AM
After the draft, there were rumors that Hendrix had a degenerative knee condition and that's' why he came out early and why he was drafted late.

SenorSpur
12-21-2008, 02:32 AM
After the draft, there were rumors that Hendrix had a degenerative knee condition and that's' why he came out early and why he was drafted late.

Nevermind on Hendrix.

I did read that GSW has given Anthony Randolph permission to seek a trade. I saw him have a "breakout" game last week vs the Rockets. Now the Warriors are suddenly trying to get rid of him. I guess they're trying to open up a space for Monta Ellis.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/56096/20081220/report_nellie_tells_randolph_to_seek_trade/

HarlemHeat37
12-21-2008, 03:05 AM
they aren't trying to get rid of him..

Nelson is trying to get fired, like he has in previous stints..he already assigned a "defensive coordinator" so he doesn't have to coach defense himself..he's in feuds with a few of the players too, and has a feud going with Warriors management..

Randolph is one of the guys they are high on..we'd have to give up a lot to get him anyways..

Kori Ellis
12-21-2008, 03:10 AM
they aren't trying to get rid of him..

Nelson is trying to get fired, like he has in previous stints..he already assigned a "defensive coordinator" so he doesn't have to coach defense himself..he's in feuds with a few of the players too, and has a feud going with Warriors management..

Randolph is one of the guys they are high on..we'd have to give up a lot to get him anyways..

I'm not sure if they are trying to get rid of him or not. But we couldn't give up that much for him - he only makes $1.7M.

venitian navigator
12-21-2008, 03:23 AM
Just tried on the trade checker of real gm.
Considering our big problem is rebounding and now we have more than one good ball handler (Hill, Mason, Gino and Voughn - and even udoka sometoimes - can all play the PM role) ...that Maggette is a good friend with some of our team, the GS front office already regret his contract, they want to get rid of Randolph, they already are out of play off contention etc etc.....if we like to risk, that could be a way :

Parker, Bonner and Mahinmi for Biedrins, Maggette and Randolph

Just an option...however the numbers work...

HarlemHeat37
12-21-2008, 03:26 AM
I'm not sure if they are trying to get rid of him or not. But we couldn't give up that much for him - he only makes $1.7M.

ya I know, but if they trade Randolph, they're going to package him with contracts they don't want anymore..like Maggette for instance, which they regret already..

they're going to want cap room or something else for the future..so if we wanted him, we'd have to give up a lot..and we probably don't have anything to give up anyways..

regardless, I doubt they get rid of him..

Golden State is having a sale though, and I think we should go after Azubuike..

Kori Ellis
12-21-2008, 03:28 AM
Yeah I know they are trying to get rid of Maggette, but I don't think the Spurs would consider paying that kind of money for Maggette.

HarlemHeat37
Just tried on the trade checker of real gm.
Considering our big problem is rebounding and now we have more than one good ball handler (Hill, Mason, Gino and Voughn - and even udoka sometoimes - can all play the PM role) ...that Maggette is a good friend with some of our team, the GS front office already regret his contract, they want to get rid of Randolph, they already are out of play off contention etc etc.....if we like to risk, that could be a way :

Parker, Bonner and Mahinmi for Biedrins, Maggette and Randolph

Just an option...however the numbers work...

Golden State doesn't make that trade, and I wouldn't for the Spurs neither..

they're already planning on having Ellis start at PG, and they already have a bunch of ball handlers, so getting Parker is meaningless for them..they'd be giving up Biedrins, who is one of their key pieces for the future..

HarlemHeat37
Yeah I know they are trying to get rid of Maggette, but I don't think the Spurs would consider paying that kind of money for Maggette.

definitely not, and I wouldn't want him anywhere near this team..he's leukemia..

Kori Ellis
12-21-2008, 03:33 AM
Golden State doesn't make that trade, and I wouldn't for the Spurs neither..

they're already planning on having Ellis start at PG, and they already have a bunch of ball handlers, so getting Parker is meaningless for them..they'd be giving up Biedrins, who is one of their key pieces for the future..

Yeah that trade wouldn't make much sense for either team.

venitian navigator
12-21-2008, 03:33 AM
G.S. is already out of play offs, Mahinmi gives, in perspective, the some of Biedrins and is a friend of parker. Ellis is nor and will never be a point man...instead, a duo of him and Parker could be more than wonderful the light speed game Nelson could work.
Plus they get rid of players and contracts they don't want anymore...

I think could be more S.A. that won't take the risk than G.S that won't bite...

timvp
12-21-2008, 03:34 AM
Mahinmi gives, in perspective, the some of Biedrins

:smchode:

venitian navigator
12-21-2008, 03:41 AM
well...i still have high expectations on Mahinmi...!!!

HarlemHeat37
12-21-2008, 04:31 AM
if Mahinmi is as good as Biedrins, we have a title wrapped up..

let's aim lower..just being better than Oberto will be the aim for the beginning..

RuffnReadyOzStyle
12-21-2008, 05:34 AM
Trade Parker... :bang

I'd only trade Parker for Deron Williams or Chris Paul, and even then I wouldn't.

Why do people continually want to trade our core?

SenorSpur
12-21-2008, 09:00 AM
G.S. is already out of play offs, Mahinmi gives, in perspective, the some of Biedrins and is a friend of parker. Ellis is nor and will never be a point man...instead, a duo of him and Parker could be more than wonderful the light speed game Nelson could work.
Plus they get rid of players and contracts they don't want anymore...

It sounds like it's just a mess out in San Francisco. All the good feeling, spirit and momentum that was created by the Warriors monumental upset of the Mavs, in that 2007 NBA playoff series, has gone to "hell in a handbasket". As much as Nelson and Mullin should be credited for that accomplishment, they should now be blamed for screwing everything up. I can't wait to see how this all plays out.

tav1
12-21-2008, 09:42 PM
This thread has gone in a weird direction. When I bumped it I simply said that Hendrix *might* be worth the *Toros* taking a look at it.

benefactor
12-21-2008, 09:47 PM
This thread has gone in a weird direction. When I bumped it I simply said that Hendrix *might* be worth the *Toros* taking a look at it.
SpursTalk threads seem to have a bad habit of doing this....

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/05vi8GT8zQ4og/610x.jpg

ChumpDumper
12-28-2008, 04:14 PM
Wizards Make Their First Roster Move of the 08-09 Season

BISMARCK, ND, December 28, 2008 – The two-time defending NBA Development League Central Division Champion Dakota Wizards announced today that they have acquired forward Richard Hendrix from the NBA Development League official player pool.

Hendrix, a second round NBA draft pick (19th pick) by the Golden State Warriors was assigned to the their D-League affiliate the Bakersfield Jam playing in nine contest while averaging a double double 13.9 points and 10.9 rebounds. The 6’9 255 forward from played his college ball for Alabama.

Hendrix will make his first appearance for the Wizards tonight at the Bismarck Civic Center when they take on the Rio Grande Valley Vipers. Hendrix will wear jersey number 33.

Wizards center Brad Stricker has been release and is returning home due to personal reasons. Wizards do retain his rights should he return.

http://www.nba.com/dleague/dakota/hendrix_081228.html

Rod Benson is also mulling returning to the Wizards.

exstatic
12-28-2008, 05:19 PM
Trade Parker... :bang

I'd only trade Parker for Deron Williams or Chris Paul, and even then I wouldn't.

Why do people continually want to trade our core?

Because they are idiot, retard dumb fucks.