06-02-2008, 01:42 AM
http://www.nba.com/media/playerfile/goran_dragic.jpg

Full Name: Goran Dragic
Position: Guard
Height/Weight: 6-4 / 180
Birthdate: May 6, 1986
High School:
Team: Union Olimpija (Slovania)

NBA (http://www.nba.com/draft2008/profiles/GoranDragic.html)
NBADraft.net (http://www.nbadraft.net/admincp/profiles/gorandragic.html)
DraftExpress (http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Goran-Dragic-1025/)

Kobayagi
06-02-2008, 03:45 AM
Slovenia, not Slovania.

I Don' want any more Slovenians on the Spurs. Besides, I got one word for you that is gonna make you change your mind immediately: TAU. He is their player.

ata
06-02-2008, 03:46 AM
He is ready for NBDL at best.
He's got skills, however still to inconsistent

TDMVPDPOY
06-02-2008, 04:09 AM
beno udrih v.2

plz no way

Kobayagi
06-02-2008, 04:21 AM
beno udrih v.2

No.

Bruno
06-02-2008, 04:23 AM
What is his exact contract situation with Tau. If eh is locked for something like 3 years in Europe, it won't be interesting at all for Spurs because he will come after the Duncan era.

Pero
06-02-2008, 04:24 AM
It would be hilarious if the the Spurs drafted him and then he'd sign an extension or something with Tau Ceramica. :lol

mountainballer
06-02-2008, 04:24 AM
for quite some time I liked him for the Raptors pick. still do, but since Tiago won't become a Spur, I think the draft strategy should be changed and one pick should be used on a wing and the other for a big. however, if Goran drops to #57, he would be a no brainer IMO.

I agree that he's to inconsistent, but I see the upside. in my book this could be Delonte West.
btw. if Beno did have half the heart and determination of Goran, he would have had a great career with the Spurs.

ata
06-02-2008, 07:36 AM
beno udrih v.2

plz no way
He is nothing like Beno. As player type he is more Parker, and he has heart - last year he played half of european championship with face mask, can you ever expect something like that from Beno?

velik_m
06-02-2008, 12:50 PM
He is nothing like Beno. As player type he is more Parker, and he has heart - last year he played half of european championship with face mask, can you ever expect something like that from Beno?

I agree, plus he plays good defense. Dragic may be a Slovenian, but he's certainly no Beno.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-02-2008, 12:55 PM
:tu

Texas_Ranger
06-02-2008, 01:45 PM
He still's got a lot to show in Europe. Not ready.

spursfan98
06-02-2008, 04:32 PM
How about drafting someone who's name we can prenounce

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-02-2008, 04:42 PM

This one is pretty simple.

mountainballer
06-02-2008, 04:51 PM

Kevin love will be gone when we pick. Bill Walker might be a good option.

no joke: I like Tadija Dragicevic for the #57 pick. that players all drop that far, because the GMs fear the laughter when they call this names at draft night.

spursfan98
06-02-2008, 04:55 PM

no joke: I like Tadija Dragicevic for the #57 pick. that players all drop that far, because the GMs fear the laughter when they call this names at draft night.

how about mario chalmers thats an easy one to prenounce. or courtney lee

ata
06-02-2008, 05:56 PM

Is that why Gregor Fucka was never drafted?

manufor3
06-02-2008, 06:01 PM
ill pass

mountainballer
06-02-2008, 06:05 PM
Is that why Gregor Fucka was never drafted?

:lol
definitely yes.

ata
06-02-2008, 06:16 PM
ill pass

Why exactly?

Gregor Fučka (fooch-ka) was one of the best european players who never played in the NBA
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gregor_Fu%C4%8Dka
http://www.iancavalier.com/spiralnotepad/2002/07/11/gregor-fucka-nba-jersey/

Pero
06-02-2008, 06:18 PM
Maybe he was thinking of Dragic?

exstatic
06-02-2008, 07:38 PM
What is his exact contract situation with Tau. If eh is locked for something like 3 years in Europe, it won't be interesting at all for Spurs because he will come after the Duncan era.

Splitter only had one year remaining, and we saw how that worked out. Tuck Fau.

timvp
06-02-2008, 07:41 PM
If Dragic is still on the board at 57, he'd be a very nice pick. Otherwise, from what I'm reading about his contract situation, he's not worth it.

I actually like him as a player, though. He's fast, can play defense and is tough. If he had no contract issues, he would have been very nice at 45 and not horrible at 26.

Marcus Bryant
06-02-2008, 07:56 PM
It'd be nice to take one from Tau eventually.

spursfan98
06-02-2008, 08:17 PM
this guy sux

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-02-2008, 09:10 PM
Not really.

spursfan98
06-02-2008, 09:11 PM
yes really

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-02-2008, 09:31 PM
Nope.

spursfan98
06-02-2008, 10:05 PM
Nope.

I dont think many fans would like dragic very much as our pick

TheProfessor
06-02-2008, 10:12 PM
And that has decided the Spurs' drafting strategy, when exactly?

spursfan98
06-02-2008, 10:16 PM
never said it did but this would be worse than us trading barbosa for nothin

TheProfessor
06-02-2008, 10:35 PM
never said it did but this would be worse than us trading barbosa for nothin
Picking Dragic in the second round would be worse than losing Barbosa?

Kobayagi
06-03-2008, 03:18 AM
5bUiaEzhBwY

angelbelow
06-03-2008, 03:27 AM
i havent seen him play in person, but from his draft analysis' i would pass.

mountainballer
06-03-2008, 05:38 AM
i havent seen him play in person, but from his draft analysis' i would pass.

I would pass, if it takes the 1st rounder to get him.
but at #45 I see him as a decent option and at #57 I would call him a steal.

people should remember that for example a player like Calderon went undrafted.
why? at 21/22 he was labeled inconsistent and turn over prone. it took 2 more years till he became the player who intrigued NBA teams.
(in fact, overall Dragic looked better in this Euroleague season, than Calderon did in his first at the same age. the TO/A ratio was worse than the ration of Dragic)
well, today any team in this league would love to have used a 2nd rounder on Calderon in 2003.
I don't want to compare the stile and abilities of this 2 players, it's quite different (but similarities about size and athleticism and defense).
just point out one fact: some people say that the fact that his rights are owned by Tau should keep the Spurs away. I say, the fact that Tau acquired his rights when he was very young is kind of an evaluation of his potential. because one fact can't be overlooked: Tau has the by far best scouting department in Europe. (likely the best all over the world)

sendman
06-03-2008, 06:29 AM
I watch Dragic regularly and I'll say this, he has a very good speed and he has excelent handles. His outside shot is to shaky and he makes to many boneheaded decisions for my taste. I don't think he is NBA ready, and I don't see him to be ready soon.
Also I find him a bit predictable. Being lefty doesnt have to mean that 90% of your drives should go to the left.
He is a hard worker and he has very strong will to improve. At the moment he is in the mayor slump and I hope he'll come out of it soon, national team needs him bad.

Pero
06-03-2008, 06:32 AM
Also I find him a bit predictable. Being lefty doesnt have to mean that 90% of your drives should go to the left.

Manu says hi. :lol

timvp
06-03-2008, 06:36 AM
Reason I originally liked Dragic is because I saw a few clips of him guarding Parker and he could stay in front of him a la Devin Harris. That is so rare to find in a point guard that I'd almost draft him on that fact alone. You can count that number of point guards on one hand who can successfully stay in front of TP.

sendman
06-03-2008, 06:56 AM
Reason I originally liked Dragic is because I saw a few clips of him guarding Parker and he could stay in front of him a la Devin Harris. That is so rare to find in a point guard that I'd almost draft him on that fact alone. You can count that number of point guards on one hand who can successfully stay in front of TP.
It's easier to contain any player (Parker included) under FIBA rules. Much more helping out is allowed and that makes much more difficult for a player to solve situations one on one. Isolation plays are almost no existent if compared with NBA. I believe US teams experienced that phenomena on their own skin enough times.

Also that is one of the reasons why european players need time to adapt their defense to different rules of NBA. That also explain that big willingness to pass the rock by European players. Coaches in Europe are all over their asses:lmao if they refuse to pass.
One more interesting fact. When American players come to play in Europe, they are often described as defensive liabilities, because they also need time to adapt to FIBA team defense schemes.

Slomo
06-03-2008, 12:29 PM
I watch Dragic regularly and I'll say this, he has a very good speed and he has excelent handles. His outside shot is to shaky and he makes to many boneheaded decisions for my taste. I don't think he is NBA ready, and I don't see him to be ready soon.
He is a hard worker and he has very strong will to improve. At the moment he is in the mayor slump and I hope he'll come out of it soon, national team needs him bad.

I really like the guy and he's most likable property is his willingness and effort on the defensive side.

But I do agree with your post. I'll go on a limb and say he may be NBA material, but definitely not yet. His bonehead decisions and going left all the time drive me up the wall - just like Manu :lol.

The hard worker part is also true and something I always respect in a player.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-03-2008, 03:53 PM

Wrong.

spursfan98
06-03-2008, 03:55 PM
Wrong.

This guy is trash he would never play

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-03-2008, 04:17 PM
You should probably watch his videos before you make such an opinion about him.

spursfan98
06-03-2008, 04:22 PM
i just did. just another beno.... before he went 2 sac-town

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-03-2008, 04:32 PM
Beno couldn't play defense like this guy.

Slomo
06-03-2008, 04:37 PM
This guy is trash he would never play

Bring some facts to the debate or STFU already.

These draft threads are full of good info and it's a shame idiotic posts like yours are ruining them.

Pero
06-03-2008, 05:01 PM
Beno is a better shooter, passer and has better court vision. Dragic is more athletic, better penetrator, faster, better defender, better ball handler, not as injury prone and better work ethic. He's a Tony Parker type point guard as someone already said (I think).
But he needs at least 1 more year in Europe.

Kobayagi
06-03-2008, 05:27 PM
Beno is a better shooter, passer and has better court vision. Dragic is more athletic, better penetrator, faster, better defender, better ball handler, not as injury prone and better work ethic. He's a Tony Parker type point guard as someone already said (I think).
But he needs at least 1 more year in Europe.

Yup, that pretty much sums it up. Nicely done. :tu

For selfish reasons I want him to stay with Olimpija one more year. He was one of the two main reasons I had a season ticket last year (the other one being Milic, of course) and I wouldn't think twice to buy it again next season if he stays. :p

angel_luv
06-03-2008, 05:35 PM
http://www.nba.com/media/playerfile/goran_dragic.jpg

Full Name: Goran Dragic
Position: Guard
Height/Weight: 6-4 / 180
Birthdate: May 6, 1986
High School:
Team: Union Olimpija (Slovenia)

NBA (http://www.nba.com/draft2008/profiles/GoranDragic.html)
NBADraft.net (http://www.nbadraft.net/admincp/profiles/gorandragic.html)
DraftExpress (http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Goran-Dragic-1025/)

Sign him! :)

spursfan98
06-03-2008, 06:40 PM
i watched him... looks like beno

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-03-2008, 06:41 PM
They have similar skin tone, but other than that he doesn't look like Beno.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-03-2008, 06:43 PM
5bUiaEzhBwY
1:36 is sick.

Marcus Bryant
06-03-2008, 06:46 PM
Normally I would be opposed, but this guy is intriguing.

spursfan98
06-03-2008, 08:05 PM
5bUiaEzhBwY
1:36 is sick.

he wont be able to do that in the nba. just another slovenian....

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-03-2008, 08:07 PM
You have no proof that he isn't capable of doing that in the NBA.

spursfan98
06-03-2008, 08:14 PM
You have no proof that he isn't capable of doing that in the NBA.

ok so what pick would we use to pick him?

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-03-2008, 08:17 PM

Slomo
06-04-2008, 05:49 AM
Normally I would be opposed, but this guy is intriguing.

He is. He's definitely a fighter and I like him a lot - on his good days he plays way beyond his knowledge. But please don't overlook the many warnings about him not being NBA ready. I would draft him only if a good plan was in place to bring him up to NBA speed. Without such plan, he will be just another waisted draft pick.

Beno when drafted, had a lot more experience and basketball knowledge than this guy.

TypicalSpursHater
06-04-2008, 12:46 PM
Yall WOULD pick this guy

sendman
06-12-2008, 04:00 AM
Latest on this guy:

2008 Reebok Eurocamp in Treviso, Days Three and Four

by: Luis Fernández - Director of International Scouting, Jonathan Givony - President
June 10, 2008

- Like Batum, Dragic made a lone appearance here in Treviso after finishing off his regular season in Slovenia. In his one game, he managed to leave a very strong impression, one that could very well have pushed his name back into the second round, possibly into the mid-portion of it even.

Dragic played spectacular defense on whoever he was guarding, mainly Rudy Mbemba, who’s terrific speed did not faze him in the least bit. He got right into his man’s grill on every possession of the game, fighting through screens admirably, showing excellent length and lateral quickness, and getting his hands on countless number of balls. It got to the point that players were just afraid to put the ball on the floor when Dragic was in the vicinity, as more often than not he would find a way to poke it away and bust up plays. He got his team into transition time after time, and made very good decisions once there, finishing strong and intelligently around the basket and getting to the line seven times.

As a point guard, Dragic did a better job than we anticipated based on the up and down season he had. He showed a lot more creativity than we’ve given him credit for in the past, making good reads and finding cutters slashing to the rim or shooters spotting up on the wing after slashing to the basket himself. His court vision probably isn’t spectacular, but if he continues to see heavy minutes in the Euroleague, he’s bound to improve his playmaking skills.

On the downside, Dragic’s shot remains his biggest weakness, which he showed by bricking a couple of ugly pull-up jumpers. Teams in the Euroleague completely took him out of his comfort level by backing off him this season and forcing him to beat them from long-range, and the players here foolishly took the opposite approach (thinking they are playing good defense by pressuring the ball), which played right into his hands. That’s why it probably isn’t too smart to get overly excited off what he showed here, but it definitely still leaves some room for optimism regarding his future development. Some team will likely draft him in the second round and see how he continues to progress over the next few years while competing at a high level in Europe, as he clearly still has upside left to tap into.

Whole article:
http://www.draftexpress.com/article/2008-Reebok-Eurocamp-in-Treviso,-Days-Three-and-Four-2921/

ata
06-12-2008, 04:25 AM
Thanks sendman.

I've also read in today's newspaper (Delo), that he will play for Tau next season.

As far as I know now, he signed 3+2 years contract with Tau. Next year is his 3rd year of the contract, I don't know conditions for +2.

Pero
06-12-2008, 05:27 AM
On the downside, Dragic’s shot remains his biggest weakness, which he showed by bricking a couple of ugly pull-up jumpers. Teams in the Euroleague completely took him out of his comfort level by backing off him this season and forcing him to beat them from long-range, and the players here foolishly took the opposite approach (thinking they are playing good defense by pressuring the ball), which played right into his hands.

He should work with Chip. :lol

Dario
06-12-2008, 05:42 AM
Thanks sendman.

I've also read in today's newspaper (Delo), that he will play for Tau next season.

As far as I know now, he signed 3+2 years contract with Tau. Next year is his 3rd year of the contract, I don't know conditions for +2.

If that is true, than he will have excelent opportunity to develop this year while playing among the best in europe. If this is his breakout year and he does well i wouldn't mind if spurs actually draft him.
Pop likes players like him, he has no attitude, he is team player and a fighter, much like parker. It would be nice if he would develop into another parker.

ata
06-16-2008, 02:59 AM
If Dragic is still on the board at 57, he'd be a very nice pick. Otherwise, from what I'm reading about his contract situation, he's not worth it.

I actually like him as a player, though. He's fast, can play defense and is tough. If he had no contract issues, he would have been very nice at 45 and not horrible at 26.

He has 5 years contract with Tau, however he can leave Tau after 3 years (i.e. after next season), but for NBA-team only.

timvp
06-16-2008, 03:36 AM
After the way he played in Treviso, I doubt he'll be on the board at 57. If he is, he's a no-brainer pick. At his age and experience level, he's one of the best European defenders I've ever seen at PG.

57 has about a 1% chance of making it no matter who the Spurs pick. Might as well use it on a guy who could come at some point in the next half decade.

Kobayagi
06-16-2008, 04:29 AM
Maybe it's worth mentioning, maybe not: Dragic likes nightclubs like Beno. :toast

Not long ago he had a lot of party pics on his myspace, now I think he has deleted his profile.

Perhaps he'd be a better fit somewhere in California like Beno or Sasha. :king

sendman
06-16-2008, 05:55 AM
He is not coming over for at least 2 years. Next year he will play with Tiago Splitter for TAU Ceramica as a backup PG for Pablo Prigioni. Zoran Planinic will be moved to SG position full time (with Rakocevic). So Dragic as backup next season and primary PG for TAU after that, when Prigioni takes the backup role. I don't know if Dragic will ever come to the NBA, because his situation looks more and more like Splitters and money for top players in Europe is getting better and better.

Holt's Cat
06-16-2008, 08:12 AM
He is not coming over for at least 2 years. Next year he will play with Tiago Splitter for TAU Ceramica as a backup PG for Pablo Prigioni. Zoran Planinic will be moved to SG position full time (with Rakocevic). So Dragic as backup next season and primary PG for TAU after that, when Prigioni takes the backup role. I don't know if Dragic will ever come to the NBA, because his situation looks more and more like Splitters and money for top players in Europe is getting better and better.

If you have draft rights to a player from a 2nd round pick, then it's a non-issue.

Kill_Bill_Pana
06-16-2008, 08:44 AM

Many reports say Planinic and Prigioni will leave TAU.

picnroll
06-16-2008, 09:09 AM
Hopefully Tau will suck ass and be bumped out of Euroleague play.

sendman
06-21-2008, 10:49 AM
Slovenian media is reporting that Dragic has left Slovenian NT camp (with permission of our head coach) to atend 2 day workouts in the USA. They are mentioning Portland and a team from LA (I guess Clippers).

kobyz
06-22-2008, 04:48 PM
he just sign with TAU!!!

sendman
06-23-2008, 01:52 AM
he just sign with TAU!!!
He signed with TAU over 2 years ago. He was on loan at Union Olimpija . Now, when he got some experience (he loaded big minutes last year) they just called him back.

Marcus Bryant
06-23-2008, 10:36 PM
-The Utah Jazz apparently fancy Goran Dragic as a potential backup for Deron Williams a few years down the road, and could take him with the #44 pick in the second round. Dragic has two more years remaining on his contract with Tau Vitoria (where he will return to this season after being on loan with Olimpja Lublijana), but has a buyout in his contract for one million Euros.

link (http://www.draftexpress.com/article/Word-on-the-Street-Rounding-Up-2940/)

ata
06-24-2008, 01:54 AM
Actually he has 3 more years.
He signed 3+2 years, and next season will be his 3rd. After 3 years (i.e. after next season) he is allowed to leave Tau for NBA. I don't know about buyout.

Kobayagi
06-24-2008, 05:38 PM
to atend 2 day workouts in the USA. They are mentioning Portland and a team from LA (I guess Clippers).

One newspaper said he was working out with the Suns.

Marcus Bryant
06-26-2008, 10:19 PM
Spurs select another Tau player.

timvp
06-26-2008, 10:21 PM
I've long been a Dragic fan but damn, Hendrix was on the board.

loveforthegame
06-26-2008, 10:22 PM
Spurs select another Tau player.

They apparently haven't learned their lesson.

rondoistimmyspenis
06-26-2008, 10:22 PM
this is so dumb, BILL WALKER, GARY FORBES, DEVON HARDIN are all on the board and you pick ANOTHER PG???

Solid D
06-26-2008, 10:30 PM
Dragic is a nice player for a 2nd round pick. Here's to you, Slomo!!!

Solid D
06-26-2008, 10:31 PM
Hendrix to the Warriors. Hmmm.

Spurtacus
06-26-2008, 10:34 PM
This is so Tragic.

TDMVPDPOY
06-26-2008, 10:39 PM
beno > this fukn wanker

Solid D
06-26-2008, 10:40 PM
Dragic is better than Beno defensively.

whitebust
06-26-2008, 10:45 PM
Dragic is Beno Jr.

bdictjames
06-26-2008, 10:50 PM
Saw some Dragic videos, and the guy reminds me of Ginobili. Worth it.

Dont know about Hill though.

Marcus Bryant
06-26-2008, 10:51 PM
Not a bad selection. But I hope there's a trade with #26 involved....

leemajors
06-26-2008, 10:54 PM
Not a bad selection. But I hope there's a trade with #26 involved....

2% of the forum will be patient and see what the rest of the offseason brings. i'm guessing the spurs are optimistic about landing some FAs.

angelbelow
06-26-2008, 10:54 PM
good pick, probably wont see him anything soon though.

urunobili
06-26-2008, 10:55 PM
It'd be nice to take one from Tau eventually.

:depressed

intlspurshk
06-26-2008, 11:13 PM
Gd pick but another fight with Tau???

rondoistimmyspenis
06-26-2008, 11:15 PM
fuck dragic he looks like a 12 year old world of warcraft freak...

SequSpur
06-26-2008, 11:15 PM
manpurse

objective
06-26-2008, 11:19 PM
lol

fool me once, fool me twice . . . fool me won't get fooled again?

RC's unbuttoned shirt revealing chest hair and a necklace strikes again.

Marcus Bryant
06-26-2008, 11:20 PM
Apparently his rights have been traded to the Suns.

koopa
06-26-2008, 11:22 PM
good, we've had two Slovenian and they were complete failures, no more Slovenians, they are all bums, sasha just had a good year cause it was a contract year

angelbelow
06-26-2008, 11:22 PM
hopefully for a future 1st round pick =) (2009)

Kobayagi
06-27-2008, 02:29 AM
One newspaper said he was working out with the Suns.

They must've liked what they saw when he was there.

hsxvvd
06-27-2008, 02:31 AM
I'm going to have to add him to my sig.

sendman
06-27-2008, 06:51 AM
It doesn't really matter any more, but for those that are interested.
Here is a link to an article that is worth reading in my opinon.
http://www.nba.com/suns/news/draft08_dragic.html

You can find a video of Dragic working out for the Suns in there.

mrspurs
06-27-2008, 07:53 AM
interesting point....go spurs go

ata
06-27-2008, 08:43 AM
good, we've had two Slovenian and they were complete failures, no more Slovenians, they are all bums, sasha just had a good year cause it was a contract year

How many US citizens were complete failures with Spurs?

BTW: Rasho was no failure, his contract was

ata
06-27-2008, 08:48 AM
lol

fool me once, fool me twice . . . fool me won't get fooled again?

RC's unbuttoned shirt revealing chest hair and a necklace strikes again.

How to fuck Suns? Trade a Tau player to them :lol

angel_luv
06-27-2008, 10:25 AM
I miss my home computer. I came to this party late.

Goran is gone already? :(

angel_luv
06-27-2008, 10:25 AM
I had to edit my happy post. :( :( :(