06-02-2008, 02:11 AM
http://www.nba.com/media/playerfile/keith_brumbaugh.jpg

Full Name: Keith Brumbaugh
Position: Forward
Height/Weight: 6-10 / 215
Birthdate: September 29, 1985
High School: Deland HS
College: Hillsborough Community College

NBA (http://www.nba.com/draft2008/profiles/KeithBrumbaugh.html)
NBADraft.net (http://www.nbadraft.net/admincp/profiles/keithbrumbaugh.html)
DraftExpress (http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Keith-Brumbaugh-228/)

E20
06-02-2008, 02:14 AM
Sort of ballsy to declare for the draft out of a JC, no? He wasn't good enough to make DIII? He did average 35 PPG.

JoshO501
06-04-2008, 12:19 AM
At least he likes the right team.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/basketball/magic/orl-nbacamp2808may28,0,1806518.story

timvp
06-04-2008, 12:42 AM
At least he likes the right team.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/basketball/magic/orl-nbacamp2808may28,0,1806518.story

Nice find :tu

This guy is intriguing. He was once one of the best prospects in the country. But then he got in repeated trouble with the law.

He didn't play well in the pre-draft camp. He didn't test out to be that good of an athlete. However, I think he's well worth the gamble at 57. 6-foot-9 shooting guard with scoring upside? Yes, please.

Spur-Addict
06-04-2008, 12:47 AM
Nice find :tu

This guy is intriguing. He was once one of the best prospects in the country. But then he got in repeated trouble with the law.

He didn't play well in the pre-draft camp. He didn't test out to be that good of an athlete. However, I think he's well worth the gamble at 57. 6-foot-9 shooting guard with scoring upside? Yes, please.

DITTO!!..

spursfan98
06-04-2008, 01:40 AM
DITTO!!..

I like this dude already! Lets get him!

SPURSGOAT
06-04-2008, 01:42 AM
Yea he looks like he could be a good fit... hope the FO is looking at this guy...

spursfan98
06-04-2008, 01:42 AM
I hope he is around at 57

angelbelow
06-04-2008, 05:01 AM
its rare that 57th picks are ever anything more than bench warmers.

MoSpur
06-04-2008, 08:27 AM
A 2 or 3 at 6"9? R U kidding me? If he is as good as he makes himself sound, I say go for it. He's very confident and that could be good and it could be bad. Seems like a good guy.

Mr. Body
06-04-2008, 08:44 AM
A good pick at the very end of the 2nd. If he can succeed, it'll be with a team like the Spurs where the locker room is extremely stable and close.

oligarchy
06-04-2008, 08:47 AM
He's almost 6'9 in shoes, but his wing span isn't what you would expect

w/o shoes: 6' 7.5"
w/shoes 6' 8.75"
weight: 190
wingspan: 6' 7.25"
stranding reach: 8' 8.5"
body fat %: 4.0
no step vert: 26.0
max vert: 27.0

K-State Spur
06-04-2008, 09:06 AM
Sort of ballsy to declare for the draft out of a JC, no? He wasn't good enough to make DIII? He did average 35 PPG.

For the record, much of JC ball is higher quality than D3, or even D2 for that matter.

You'll see more future NBA players at the NJCAA tournament in Hutchinson than you will in the D2 or D3 tournaments combined. (And that tournament in Hutch doesn't even include the California schools.)

Anyhow, declaring for the NBA straight of JC is not that uncommon. And Brumbaugh is already 22, so it's kinda now or never.

LakerLanny
06-04-2008, 10:36 AM
Major character risk, but I would guess the Lakers would also take a long hard look at him with their 2nd round pick if he is still on the board.

I would rather us take Joey Dorsey if available, we need a big body thug type to protect our delicate, highly skilled, finesse players.

TypicalSpursHater
06-04-2008, 12:44 PM
Major character risk, but I would guess the Lakers would also take a long hard look at him with their 2nd round pick if he is still on the board.

I would rather us take Joey Dorsey if available, we need a big body thug type to protect our delicate, highly skilled, finesse players.

Yep. Farmar and vujacic being the delicate ones.

Mr. Body
06-04-2008, 01:02 PM
DX is now suggesting, with character issues, a bad draft-camp, and underwhelming measurements, there is no reason to expect this guy to get drafted.

spursfan98
06-04-2008, 01:03 PM
this guy is a beast

ChumpDumper
06-04-2008, 01:04 PM
Take him in the D-League draft.

Marcus Bryant
06-06-2008, 06:31 PM
One of the teams most interested in Brumbaugh has been the four-time NBA champion San Antonio Spurs, according to Derrick Worrels, Brumbaugh's coach at Hillsborough Community College. (Spurs director of college scouting declined to comment on Brumbaugh on Thursday.)

link (http://www.news-journalonline.com/NewsJournalOnline/Sports/Headlines/sptNBA02053008.htm)

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-06-2008, 06:32 PM
:tu

timvp
06-06-2008, 06:42 PM
At 57 this guy would be well worth the risk. 45 would be too early ..... but not a horrible pick if the Spurs are for some reason sold on him. This guy was lottery projected not too long ago.

AFBlue
06-06-2008, 06:42 PM
Take him in the D-League draft.

:tu

AFBlue
06-06-2008, 06:43 PM
At 57 this guy would be well worth the risk. 45 would be too early ..... but not a horrible pick if the Spurs are for some reason sold on him. This guy was lottery projected not too long ago.

Arrested 6 times in the last 18 months and was terrible in pre-draft workouts.

Not that the 57th pick means a whole hell of alot, but damn...

Mr. Body
06-06-2008, 07:19 PM
Roll over the 57 like in previous years. Invite him to summer league, whatever.

ChumpDumper
06-06-2008, 07:38 PM
That isn't a bad idea unless there is some potential badass available at #57.

Given the shittiness of the free agent market, I'd be inclined to use #57 if one of the ridiculous athletes who have at least one basketball skill is still available.

SPURSGOAT
06-06-2008, 07:41 PM
35 points a game... hmmmm

might be worth the gamble at 57...

exstatic
06-07-2008, 11:50 AM
:lmao

The Spurs are interested, and he's one of the worst athletes in the draft, with a wingspan shorter than his height. Why am I not surprised?

TDMVPDPOY
06-07-2008, 11:58 AM
this guy is even worst than yao ming t-rex

Biggems
06-08-2008, 10:15 PM
http://www.nba.com/media/playerfile/keith_brumbaugh.jpg

Full Name: Keith Brumbaugh
Position: Forward
Height/Weight: 6-10 / 215
Birthdate: September 29, 1985
High School: Deland HS
College: Hillsborough Community College

NBA (http://www.nba.com/draft2008/profiles/KeithBrumbaugh.html)
NBADraft.net (http://www.nbadraft.net/admincp/profiles/keithbrumbaugh.html)
DraftExpress (http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Keith-Brumbaugh-228/)

he kinda looks like he belongs with the group Color Me Badd....

BTW, I would definitely spend a 57 on him.

Man of Steel
06-08-2008, 11:37 PM
Sign him

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-15-2008, 11:12 AM
Keith Brumbaugh: "I need to prove that the past is behind me"
by Raul Barrigon / June 14, 2008

Tell us about the workouts you have done lately and your schedule before the draft.

Keith Brumbaugh: Just worked out with the Detroit Pistons and I am currently in New Orleans (Wednesday) working out with the Hornets. I had a great experience playing against the Chinese Junior National Team in Houston the other day and I look forward to the remainder of my workouts. This is a great time and a tremendous learning experience.

How are your preparing for the draft in terms of conditioning? and mentally?

KB: I have a great relationship with John Lucas, so I have been working out with John in Houston who has been huge for me. He really pushes you. I am extremely focused right now.

About the workouts... Are they all the same or do they change from team to team?

KB: Usually a little different, team to team, but it’s great going up against guys from around the country and being able to measure yourself. Everything has been totally first class.

Some scouts compare you to Tayshaun Prince: lefty, 6-foot-9 tall, you play the 2/3 spot... Do you agree?

KB: Wow... That’s a great honor to even be compared to a player like Tayshaun. Obviously, I have a long way to go before I can even place myself anywhere near his level, but I feel like I am a natural scorer who brings versatility and have a good feel for the game.

Have you received any feedback from the teams so far?

KB: Clearly, I was disappointed that the Orlando camp did not go better for me. That week was a great learning experience for me. I did not play up to my ability that week, but this is a long process where I plan on redeeming myself leading up to the draft and giving people a real feel for my true potential. But I know that I need to keep moving, keep working hard and show teams that I do bring a lot to the table in terms of my basketball skill. I have enjoyed speaking with several NBA guys who have been very encouraging and tell me that I just need to keep playing and prove that the past is behind me. They have said some really nice things about my upside and versatility, so I am just taking this process day by day and trying to get better each day.

What are your best skills? And the ones where you have room to improve?

KB: I would say my best skill is my shooting ability and my ballhandling for my size, my court vision and creating mismatch problems due to my size at my position.... I would say my most immediate need for improvement is my upper body strength and my defense.

You averaged 35 ppg in junior college. How did Coach Derrick Worrels help you at the Hillsborough Community College?

KB: Coach Worrels was a huge help. He believed in me, trusted me. Taught me so much about life. Me and coach have a great relationship, so important for any young player to have a coach who really cares in his corner.

Do you keep in touch with anyone you met when you played at DeLand High School, the place where you became somewhat of a star in the making?

KB: I keep in close contact with my high school coach. He was another great influence in my life. I owe him so much. He always believed in me and had great confidence in me.

All the problems you had in the recent past, especially the arrests and withdrawing from Oklahoma State... What have you learned from them?

KB: I learned to surround myself with positive people and keep my circle small and be careful who you trust. I learned how important it is to do the right thing and make smart choices. I learned how important family is… And I learned to take responsibility for your actions and how important it is to learn from your mistakes. I have learned that being a father is the most special thing in the world and I care about giving my daughter the best life possible.

You said that your 17-month-old daughter, Deliah, has been a motivating force. Is there anything else that has motivated you to change?

KB: The biggest motivating factor is knowing that I never want to live through hard times again. I don’t want to live in the past, I want to move forward and show people that I have really grown up and learned from mistakes. I come from a college-educated family who I have learned to lean on quite a bit. Bottom line, I want my daughter to be proud of me and think of me always in a positive way. I want to set positive examples for my daughter. She is the driving force for everything I do. She is my world and I just want the best for her and my family.

Reports say that you have the talent to be a first-round pick, but first you must overcome all of the negatives in the minds of NBA executives. Do you agree?

KB: I definitely realize that I dug myself a hole because of my past mistakes. I look forward to teams getting to know me better and see that I have really matured and have incredible passion for the game of basketball. I have one goal in mind now and this is to be the best player I can be and have success at the next level NBA teams are interested in you.

Draft partners like Ty Lawson think that you are NBA-bound. But as Kevin Pritchard said, they are going to "talk with coaches, classmates, academic counselors, trainers, teachers"... As many people as they can who have been around you, like they do with every prospect. Does it bother you or it's just part of the draft process?

KB:Ty Lawson is one of the best point guards I have played with and I appreciate this compliment very much. Teams doing background checks and learning more about a player’s character goes with the territory. I understand this is a business and they have every right to do whatever they need to do to make the best decision possible. So no, this does not bother me. Me, more than a lot of other guys will be subject to more scrutiny. I understand this and can appreciate how much work has to go into evaluating hundreds of players.

You said that you're not worried if you make the NBA or not. If not, will you consider playing overseas or would you rather play in the D-League?

KB: Playing in the NBA has always been my dream. Maybe I pushed the issue in the past too soon, but I do want to be a part of the NBA. I am a basketball player and will work as hard as I can to get there. If I do not make a roster right away, then I will keep my head up and report to the D-League or overseas to keep improving and fight for my dream. I care about getting better and will work every day to become the best I can be.

http://hoopshype.com/interviews/brumbaugh_barrigon.htm

Biggems
06-15-2008, 11:58 AM
Keith Brumbaugh: "I need to prove that the past is behind me"
by Raul Barrigon / June 14, 2008

Tell us about the workouts you have done lately and your schedule before the draft.

Keith Brumbaugh: Just worked out with the Detroit Pistons and I am currently in New Orleans (Wednesday) working out with the Hornets. I had a great experience playing against the Chinese Junior National Team in Houston the other day and I look forward to the remainder of my workouts. This is a great time and a tremendous learning experience.

How are your preparing for the draft in terms of conditioning? and mentally?

KB: I have a great relationship with John Lucas, so I have been working out with John in Houston who has been huge for me. He really pushes you. I am extremely focused right now.

About the workouts... Are they all the same or do they change from team to team?

KB: Usually a little different, team to team, but it’s great going up against guys from around the country and being able to measure yourself. Everything has been totally first class.

Some scouts compare you to Tayshaun Prince: lefty, 6-foot-9 tall, you play the 2/3 spot... Do you agree?

KB: Wow... That’s a great honor to even be compared to a player like Tayshaun. Obviously, I have a long way to go before I can even place myself anywhere near his level, but I feel like I am a natural scorer who brings versatility and have a good feel for the game.

Have you received any feedback from the teams so far?

KB: Clearly, I was disappointed that the Orlando camp did not go better for me. That week was a great learning experience for me. I did not play up to my ability that week, but this is a long process where I plan on redeeming myself leading up to the draft and giving people a real feel for my true potential. But I know that I need to keep moving, keep working hard and show teams that I do bring a lot to the table in terms of my basketball skill. I have enjoyed speaking with several NBA guys who have been very encouraging and tell me that I just need to keep playing and prove that the past is behind me. They have said some really nice things about my upside and versatility, so I am just taking this process day by day and trying to get better each day.

What are your best skills? And the ones where you have room to improve?

KB: I would say my best skill is my shooting ability and my ballhandling for my size, my court vision and creating mismatch problems due to my size at my position.... I would say my most immediate need for improvement is my upper body strength and my defense.

You averaged 35 ppg in junior college. How did Coach Derrick Worrels help you at the Hillsborough Community College?

KB: Coach Worrels was a huge help. He believed in me, trusted me. Taught me so much about life. Me and coach have a great relationship, so important for any young player to have a coach who really cares in his corner.

Do you keep in touch with anyone you met when you played at DeLand High School, the place where you became somewhat of a star in the making?

KB: I keep in close contact with my high school coach. He was another great influence in my life. I owe him so much. He always believed in me and had great confidence in me.

All the problems you had in the recent past, especially the arrests and withdrawing from Oklahoma State... What have you learned from them?

KB: I learned to surround myself with positive people and keep my circle small and be careful who you trust. I learned how important it is to do the right thing and make smart choices. I learned how important family is… And I learned to take responsibility for your actions and how important it is to learn from your mistakes. I have learned that being a father is the most special thing in the world and I care about giving my daughter the best life possible.

You said that your 17-month-old daughter, Deliah, has been a motivating force. Is there anything else that has motivated you to change?

KB: The biggest motivating factor is knowing that I never want to live through hard times again. I don’t want to live in the past, I want to move forward and show people that I have really grown up and learned from mistakes. I come from a college-educated family who I have learned to lean on quite a bit. Bottom line, I want my daughter to be proud of me and think of me always in a positive way. I want to set positive examples for my daughter. She is the driving force for everything I do. She is my world and I just want the best for her and my family.

Reports say that you have the talent to be a first-round pick, but first you must overcome all of the negatives in the minds of NBA executives. Do you agree?

KB: I definitely realize that I dug myself a hole because of my past mistakes. I look forward to teams getting to know me better and see that I have really matured and have incredible passion for the game of basketball. I have one goal in mind now and this is to be the best player I can be and have success at the next level NBA teams are interested in you.

Draft partners like Ty Lawson think that you are NBA-bound. But as Kevin Pritchard said, they are going to "talk with coaches, classmates, academic counselors, trainers, teachers"... As many people as they can who have been around you, like they do with every prospect. Does it bother you or it's just part of the draft process?

KB:Ty Lawson is one of the best point guards I have played with and I appreciate this compliment very much. Teams doing background checks and learning more about a player’s character goes with the territory. I understand this is a business and they have every right to do whatever they need to do to make the best decision possible. So no, this does not bother me. Me, more than a lot of other guys will be subject to more scrutiny. I understand this and can appreciate how much work has to go into evaluating hundreds of players.

You said that you're not worried if you make the NBA or not. If not, will you consider playing overseas or would you rather play in the D-League?

KB: Playing in the NBA has always been my dream. Maybe I pushed the issue in the past too soon, but I do want to be a part of the NBA. I am a basketball player and will work as hard as I can to get there. If I do not make a roster right away, then I will keep my head up and report to the D-League or overseas to keep improving and fight for my dream. I care about getting better and will work every day to become the best I can be.

http://hoopshype.com/interviews/brumbaugh_barrigon.htm

This was a great interview. He appears to be completely humbled by his past. He seems to have matured a great deal over the past year or so. I would be completely stoked if the Spurs were able to get him at 57. Then we could sign him and give him a year in the D-League to develop on some of his weaknesses, like strength and conditioning, as well as defense.

Mr. Body
06-15-2008, 12:49 PM
That is a good interview. His newfound maturity comes through and it will be obvious to a lot of teams. The question now is whether he's worth an NBA pick, even a 2nd rounder, at this point in his career. If not, he can make some money abroad.

Biggems
06-15-2008, 01:13 PM
That is a good interview. His newfound maturity comes through and it will be obvious to a lot of teams. The question now is whether he's worth an NBA pick, even a 2nd rounder, at this point in his career. If not, he can make some money abroad.

If he is there at 57....I will be mad if the Spurs draft some Euro who we all know will never see the light of the NBA, instead of Brumbaugh. Since SA is his favorite team, I have a feeling he would play balls out for us.

SPURSGOAT
06-15-2008, 01:16 PM
I would be cool with it if the Spurs used one of their second round picks on him.

exstatic
06-20-2008, 07:02 PM
Sports Illustrated did a three page piece on him.

Brumbaugh piece (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/the_bonus/06/18/brumbaugh/index.html)

Ocotillo
06-20-2008, 07:39 PM
Nice Find

ChumpDumper
11-09-2008, 03:52 PM
Just noticed he went to Sioux Falls in the sixth round of the D-League draft. They are pretty loaded with talent, so it will be interesting to see if he makes that team. He'll probably be picked up by another team if he doesn't.

DANILO DRASKOVIC
11-10-2008, 11:18 PM
he started off the season in turkey but then got released

mrspurs
11-11-2008, 08:07 AM
If he is there at 57....I will be mad if the Spurs draft some Euro who we all know will never see the light of the NBA, instead of Brumbaugh. Since SA is his favorite team, I have a feeling he would play balls out for us.

Best point made so far.