06-02-2008, 02:27 AM
http://www.nba.com/media/playerfile/ryan_anderson.jpg

Full Name: Ryan James Anderson
Position: Forward
Height/Weight: 6-10 / 240
Birthdate: May 6, 1988
High School: Oak Ridge HS
College: California

NBA (http://www.nba.com/draft2008/profiles/RyanAnderson.html)
NBADraft.net (http://www.nbadraft.net/admincp/profiles/ryananderson.html)
DraftExpress (http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Ryan-Anderson-1150/)

Mr. Body
06-03-2008, 07:27 AM
He was interesting a while ago with some mentions of a late first round, but he's really fallen off the map. No one's talking about him. A smart player with good offensive skills, good rebounding, but very limited athletically. Some have said he's a better player than his teammate - Hardin - but doesn't have the athleticism for the pros.

A.H 21-50
06-03-2008, 07:50 AM
He was interesting a while ago with some mentions of a late first round, but he's really fallen off the map. No one's talking about him. A smart player with good offensive skills, good rebounding, but very limited athletically. Some have said he's a better player than his teammate - Hardin - but doesn't have the athleticism for the pros.

Remember me a little bit Fazekas no ? and Fazekas didn't do nothing last year

Marcus Bryant
06-10-2008, 10:39 PM
If this guy is around at #45, he might warrant consideration. I think the Spurs could use some guys with some length. Not sure that he could play the 3 in the NBA.

pad300
06-10-2008, 11:07 PM
Remember me a little bit Fazekas no ? and Fazekas didn't do nothing last year

Your wrong there - Fazekas was decent to impressive in the minutes he got, by most statistical measures (he played 22 games for the Clips, averaging 11.8 MPG, he only played in 26 games total.

PER 19.8 (an average player is 15). As a Clipper only (where he got minutes), 20.03
His Rebound Rate (% of available rebound grabbed) 19.1
His EFG 56.1%
To put this in perspective Tim Duncan had a rebound rate of 19.6, an EFG of 49.7% and a PER of 24.5

The other major statistical approach is Win Shares. David Berri reviewed his draft predictions late in the year:

http://dberri.wordpress.com/2008/05/17/2007-nba-draft-preview-one-year-later/

Fazekas posted the best WS/min of the entire rookie class.

In summary, Fazekas did not suck last year. This is why I have suggested signing him into the project 6th big man spot vacated by Tiago not coming over. Any kind of a guaranteed contract, even the vet min, would likely do it. And if I understand the CBA right, he's a UFA, nobody even has partial bird rights to him as he has not completed even a season with any team...

wireonfire
06-11-2008, 12:10 AM
He averages 10 rebs a game in a tough conference. That is no easy feat.

Spur-Addict
06-11-2008, 12:22 AM
I'll pass. But thanks for the offer.

Marcus Bryant
06-16-2008, 03:28 PM
-Ryan Anderson is staying in the draft, according to a source close to the situation.

link (http://www.draftexpress.com/article/Early-Entry-Withdrawal-Deadline-Who-s-In-or-Out--353-EST--2929/)

timvp
06-17-2008, 04:17 AM
Anderson is deciding between two agents and is scheduling workouts with San Antonio, Houston, Minnesota, New Jersey, Philadelphia, New Orleans and Utah before the June 26 draft.Solid pick at 45.

Pistons < Spurs
06-17-2008, 11:49 AM
Solid pick at 45.

How bout at 26? That's what you're getting according to NBADrafts most recent mock. Looks like a real shitty mock though. They got DeVon Hardin going to you at 45, and he should be gone longgggg before then.

Mr. Body
06-17-2008, 11:55 AM
How bout at 26? That's what you're getting according to NBADrafts most recent mock. Looks like a real shitty mock though. They got DeVon Hardin going to you at 45, and he should be gone longgggg before then.

They're teammates, too. :lol

Hardin at 45 is as much a steal as Anderson at 26 is a bit of a reach.

Pistons < Spurs
06-17-2008, 11:56 AM
And they've got Lee falling to 33.

Mr. Body
06-17-2008, 11:59 AM
And they've got Lee falling to 33.

If Orlando isn't hot on Lee and for some reason the Spurs decide they don't want a ready-made scorer who can get his shot off anywhere and is a good defender, Lee could indeed take a slight tumble.

Pistons < Spurs
06-17-2008, 12:01 PM
If Orlando isn't hot on Lee and for some reason the Spurs decide they don't want a ready-made scorer who can get his shot off anywhere and is a good defender, Lee could indeed take a slight tumble.

If he fell in our laps at 29, I'd be extremely pissed if the Pistons didn't take him. Especially after 4 years of trying to find a backup for Prince/Rip.

LEN BIAS 4EVER
06-19-2008, 03:21 PM
I like the Fazekas idea posted up above. Hell I would have much rather drafted him or Glen Davis instead of Marcus Williams and those were the next two guys selected.

I Can't imagine Ryan Anderson being picked at 26. If we get him in the 2nd round fine but I hope we draft a better athlete than him at 26. CDR for me is the right fit.

urunobili
06-20-2008, 12:08 PM
Fox has us picking this guy with the 26th...

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/8228534

timvp
06-23-2008, 12:05 AM
-Serge Ibaka is in the United States, working out for NBA teams, sources told DraftExpress. Citing exhaustion, Ibaka initially decided to head straight back home to Barcelona after the Reebok Eurocamp in Treviso, but has changed his mind and worked out Sunday for the Utah Jazz. He also has workouts scheduled with the Detroit Pistons on Tuesday and San Antonio Spurs on Monday (with Ryan Anderson), which will also be attended by representatives of the Houston Rockets, Memphis Grizzlies, Seattle Supersonics and New Orleans Hornets. Ibaka is expected to be drafted anywhere from 23 to the early portion of the second round, depending on how he’s viewed by teams. If taken in the first round, he will likely stay overseas for one or two more years, as his contract is extremely flexible.

http://www.draftexpress.com/blog/Jonathan-Givony/Hopefully there isn't a valid reason why a lot of mock drafts have the Spurs picking Ryan Anderson. Like I said in another thread, if the Spurs want a perimeter shooting big they should play Bonner. If they don't like Bonner they should re-sign Horry. Drafting a perimeter shooting big at 26 makes no sense.

Blackjack
06-23-2008, 12:17 AM
If the Spurs use the 26 on Anderson with Chalmers on the board (as some mocks suggest) I'm going to....

Well... I dont know? How about, SHOOT MYSELF IN THE FACE!!!

TDMVPDPOY
06-23-2008, 12:45 AM
why waste a pick on anderson, when they can just bring over javtokas...depending on how much he wants and how much we willing to give him, is more better than wasting that pick on drafting players by position we really need.

if we draft a big, it better be a atheletic big....

wtf is the birdman doing? would he come here for the minimum and a years supply of mdma?

SenorSpur
06-23-2008, 01:47 AM
Hopefully there isn't a valid reason why a lot of mock drafts have the Spurs picking Ryan Anderson. Like I said in another thread, if the Spurs want a perimeter shooting big they should play Bonner. If they don't like Bonner they should re-sign Horry. Drafting a perimeter shooting big at 26 makes no sense.

..if they don't like either Bonner or Horry, they should sign Eduardo Najera.

angelbelow
06-23-2008, 03:08 AM
i dont think were taking this guy, too similar to bonner.

Pistons < Spurs
06-24-2008, 10:50 AM
Draft Report: Ryan Anderson

Ryan Anderson can extend the floor as a terrific spot-up shooter and has decent agility and foot speed, but he labors a little bit and takes small steps off the dribble.

He was face guarded and double-teamed on a Cal team that had very few other legitimate scoring options, so he worked hard for nearly every bucket during the entire season.

Anderson is an excellent perimeter shooter, but his mechanics are a little strange. He has a quick release, but his follow through is really flat and appears strange. He has been able to shoot over most players because of his height, but in order to shoot over NBA power forwards, which is where his value is, he will have to tweak that extension.

He hardly uses his size at all offensively and doesn’t do many things differently on the floor at 6-10 that he wouldn’t do at 6-6.

Much like Reno being the ‘Biggest Little City In The World’, Anderson is the ‘Littlest Big Man In Basketball’.

He has a good handle for a player of his size and can get into the lane, but is decidedly right-handed and struggles to truly beat his man off the dribble.

Anderson is not that strong when he gets the ball down low and needs to develop a mid-range game.

He avoids contact well in the post, but his balance is inconsistent when he gets bumped. He is better when he bumps against the defender and fades off for a jumper than simply trying to outmuscle his defender.

He does a nice job trying to get position in the post, sealing his man for an extra edge, but the constant double teams he faced here make it difficult to accurately gauge his potential. He has good length to the rim when he’s given a little space, but it is difficult for him to dunk on people.

Anderson has the potential to be a tremendous pick and roll/pick and pop player, but he doesn’t hold the screen long enough and his footwork when popping can be smoother.

Anderson doesn’t have much of a presence as a defender in the post, though he’s not altogether apathetic.

Guarding smaller players is difficult because he doesn’t move his feet well laterally and tends to reach.

Anderson chose to keep his name in the draft because teams informed him he would definitely be selected in the 20’s, but he is just as likely to be selected in the 30’s. One way or another, he will be on an NBA team in 08-09 and expected to be a Hedo Turkoglu type of player.

http://www.realgm.com/src_fromtherafters/206/20080624/draft_report_ryan_anderson_of_california/

Pistons < Spurs
06-24-2008, 10:59 AM
Ryan Anderson, California: Ryan Anderson is an excellent scorer. He actually looks like he’d be a better SF than PF if you look at his scoring numbers, but he does rebound better than most PFs and centers. The problem is his defensive numbers are practically non-existent. Here’s a comp of Anderson with other player who topped 24 P40 and 11 R40 as freshmen and sophomores and, like Anderson, could score from both inside and outside the arc:

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/9168/raer4.jpg

Anderson’s defensive numbers pale in comparison to those of Van Horn, Murphy and Robinson, which is a strong sign he has some serious work to do on that end of the court. I wouldn’t say this is a deal-killer for Anderson though. The following players all made at least some impact after posting an SB40 lower than 1.5 at one or more times during their college career: Jason Kapono, Danny Fortson, Pat Garrity, Bobby Simmons, Linas Kleiza, Anthony Mason, Detlef Schrempf, Juwan Howard and AC Green.

Anderson can rebound better than most PFs and shoot the lights out. That combination of skills should get him work somewhere and could keep him around for a long career. The defense probably isn’t as bad as it looks. California did have Devon Hardin to handle the bulk of the defensive chores, so it’s possible Anderson’s numbers were hurt by his presence. I could easily see him becoming a player in the mold of Murphy or Van Horn.

http://hoopsanalyst.com/0708ew18.htm

koopa
06-24-2008, 04:37 PM
fuck drafting this dude, i'd rather us just resign that bum robert horry.......... no more foreigners and no more white guys, we got enough of them

SequSpur
06-24-2008, 04:59 PM
kobetv has this guy going to the spurs at 26. wtf? I quit.

T Park
06-24-2008, 05:03 PM
fuck drafting this dude, i'd rather us just resign that bum robert horry.......... no more foreigners and no more white guys, we got enough of them

Zeno phobic and racist lovely.

Bum Robert Horry?

Get screwed.

koopa
06-24-2008, 05:33 PM
Zeno phobic and racist lovely.

Bum Robert Horry?

Get screwed.

horry can't live off his past forever, the dude is a complete bum now

just cause i'm tired of bum ass foreigners and bum ass white ppl coming to the spurs doesn't mean i'm xenophobic or racist...... i'm half white and half mexican........ just rather us draft ppl that might have talent

T Park
06-24-2008, 06:02 PM
just rather us draft ppl that might have talent

That aren't white or european. Got it.

koopa
06-24-2008, 06:26 PM
That aren't white or european. Got it.

good

T Park
06-24-2008, 06:27 PM
good

Yeah that doesn't make you racist or xenophobic at all :lol

Lord....

koopa
06-24-2008, 06:32 PM
Yeah that doesn't make you racist or xenophobic at all :lol

Lord....

i guess you can call me that when it comes to basketball players

T Park
06-24-2008, 06:33 PM
i guess you can call me that when it comes to basketball players

As long as your comfortable being a racist.

DMX7
06-24-2008, 06:34 PM
I don't think he's going to fall to any of our second round picks.

underdawg
06-24-2008, 07:15 PM

When did we draft a "white guy?"

koopa
06-24-2008, 07:17 PM
When did we draft a "white guy?"

oh, i'm not only talking about the draft about white ppl, i mean period, we have enough with bonner and barry

underdawg
06-24-2008, 07:21 PM
oh, i'm not only talking about the draft about white ppl, i mean period, we have enough with bonner and barry

So, you don't think Barry is a good player and Bonner is responsible for our team losing to LA?

koopa
06-24-2008, 07:23 PM
So, you don't think Barry is a good player and Bonner is responsible for our team losing to LA?

i said i don't want anymore, i didn't say get rid of them........

ace3g
06-24-2008, 11:48 PM
Draft Report: Ryan Anderson Of California

Ryan Anderson can extend the floor as a terrific spot-up shooter and has decent agility and foot speed, but he labors a little bit and takes small steps off the dribble.

He was face guarded and double-teamed on a Cal team that had very few other legitimate scoring options, so he worked hard for nearly every bucket during the entire season.

Anderson is an excellent perimeter shooter, but his mechanics are a little odd. He has a quick release, but his follow through is really flat and appears strange. He has been able to shoot over most players because of his height, but in order to shoot over NBA power forwards, which is where his value is, he will have to tweak that extension.

He hardly uses his size at all offensively and doesn’t do many things differently on the floor at 6-10 that he wouldn’t do at 6-6.

Much like Reno being the ‘Biggest Little City In The World’, Anderson is the ‘Littlest Big Man In Basketball’.

He has a good handle for a player of his size and can get into the lane but is decidedly right-handed and struggles to truly beat his man off the dribble.

Anderson is not that strong when he gets the ball down low and needs to develop a mid-range game.

He avoids contact well in the post, but his balance is inconsistent when he gets bumped. He is better when he bumps against the defender and fades off for a jumper than simply trying to outmuscle his defender.

He does a nice job trying to get position in the post, sealing his man for an extra edge, but the constant double teams he faced here makes it difficult to accurately gauge his potential. He has good length to the rim when he’s given a little space, but it is difficult for him to dunk on people.

Anderson has the potential to be a tremendous pick and roll/pick and pop player, but he doesn’t hold the screen long enough, and his footwork when popping could be smoother.

Anderson doesn’t have much of a presence as a defender in the post although he’s not altogether apathetic.

Guarding smaller players is difficult because he doesn’t move his feet well laterally and tends to reach.

Anderson chose to keep his name in the draft because teams informed him he would definitely be selected in the 20’s, but he is just as likely to be selected in the 30’s. One way or another, he will be on an NBA team in 08-09 and expected to be a Hedo Turkoglu type of player.

http://realgm.com/src_fromtherafters/206/20080624/draft_report_ryan_anderson_of_california/

ace3g
06-24-2008, 11:54 PM
oh, I really have no interest in him as well, I've just been posting these draft reports for all the players in the draft prospect section