PDA

View Full Version : Just re-watched the telecast of Game 5, a few thoughts:

EJK5032
06-02-2008, 03:11 AM
Tony Parker played awesome! that was Finals MVP Tony Parker. some of us on here right after the game were critical of his play, including myself, but he played an all around great game!

Obviously TD was awesome, a triple double, abused Gasshole on the block, didn't get a couple calls.....but his poor free throw shooting really hurt. played great D, but had a couple moments where he didn't get out to stop Kobe's drives.

Kurt Thomas was awesome! No idea why he didn't play more. Pop wasted too much time trying to rekindle the magic with Horry. KT did have 2 crucial mistakes where he passed up shots that resulted in 24 sec violations, but overall he played well.

Oberto sucked.

Finley played pretty well........scored the ball and hit the boards.

Ginobili actually played a great all around game.......rebounding, assists, moving the ball, blocked shots.....and offensively he actually played pretty well, considering it was obvious he was hurt.....it seemed like he had more than 9 points.

Barry played well again. still needs to be more aggressive taking the ball to the hole. he had one drive at the very end of the game where we're down 5 points and he passes up a layup or foul or 3 point play for himself to dish to Duncan for a layup but TD was fouled, only converted 1 foul shot, and we went from getting a potential 3 points with Barry being a good foul shooter to only getting 1 with Duncan.

Bowen, as usual, was awesome.......made his shots, and made Kobe bust his ass to get his shots.

And that was the whole difference in the game......all the tough shots that the Spurs D forced Kobe into, from the wing and from the elbow, he made them. There were even some contested 3s that went in by others. But the Spurs had many wide open shots, and short shots, that just wouldn't go in......and not just in the second half, like the media would have you believe, citing the old age excuse.......it was mostly in the first half........that 17 point lead should have been a 30 point lead easily! we missed wide open corner 3s, bunny shots from the baseline, 24 sec violations. It wasn't even the inflated rebounding stats of Gasshole that beat us, at least not as bad as Game 4. It was just that some of our shots didn't fall, and their's did, and unfortunately in basketball sometimes that happens.

even though we lost, that was a great game.......it was cool to be there. very hostile environment, especially for like the 5 of us Spurs fans that were there. you can imagine how sweet the first half was, especially the first quarter!

The Lakers are lucky we didn't play them earlier in the playoffs.

angelbelow
06-02-2008, 03:16 AM
agreeed on everything. oberto was atrocious.

spurscenter
06-02-2008, 04:51 AM
lakers were lucky they didnt play PHX or NO, they would of been out if so.

Fake Dynasty
06-02-2008, 05:59 AM
Tony Parker played awesome! that was Finals MVP Tony Parker. some of us on here right after the game were critical of his play, including myself, but he played an all around great game!

Obviously TD was awesome, a triple double, abused Gasshole on the block, didn't get a couple calls.....but his poor free throw shooting really hurt. played great D, but had a couple moments where he didn't get out to stop Kobe's drives.

Kurt Thomas was awesome! No idea why he didn't play more. Pop wasted too much time trying to rekindle the magic with Horry. KT did have 2 crucial mistakes where he passed up shots that resulted in 24 sec violations, but overall he played well.

Oberto sucked.

Ginobili actually played a great all around game.......rebounding, assists, moving the ball, blocked shots.....and offensively he actually played pretty well, considering it was obvious he was hurt.....it seemed like he had more than 9 points.

Barry played well again. still needs to be more aggressive taking the ball to the hole. he had one drive at the very end of the game where we're down 5 points and he passes up a layup or foul or 3 point play for himself to dish to Duncan for a layup but TD was fouled, only converted 1 foul shot, and we went from getting a potential 3 points with Barry being a good foul shooter to only getting 1 with Duncan.

Bowen, as usual, was awesome.......made his shots, and made Kobe bust his ass to get his shots.

And that was the whole difference in the game......all the tough shots that the Spurs D forced Kobe into, from the wing and from the elbow, he made them. There were even some contested 3s that went in by others. But the Spurs had many wide open shots, and short shots, that just wouldn't go in......and not just in the second half, like the media would have you believe, citing the old age excuse.......it was mostly in the first half........that 17 point lead should have been a 30 point lead easily! we missed wide open corner 3s, bunny shots from the baseline, 24 sec violations. It wasn't even the inflated rebounding stats of Gasshole that beat us, at least not as bad as Game 4. It was just that some of our shots didn't fall, and their's did, and unfortunately in basketball sometimes that happens.

even though we lost, that was a great game.......it was cool to be there. very hostile environment, especially for like the 5 of us Spurs fans that were there. you can imagine how sweet the first half was, especially the first quarter!

The Lakers are lucky we didn't play them earlier in the playoffs.Wow, you painted the picture like the Spurs dominated. All I saw was a team that closed out and beaten 4-1. Excuses, Excuses. Doesn't matter when we played you guys, and if 4-1 doesn't convince you, can't help you.

Fake Dynasty
06-02-2008, 06:00 AM
lakers were lucky they didnt play PHX or NO, they would of been out if so.And this statement is even worse. It took us 15 games to beat 3 50+ win teams and the best you have is that if we'd've played a couple of other 50-win teams, we would've lost? lmao. Some Spurs fans never change.

EJK5032
06-02-2008, 12:48 PM
Wow, you painted the picture like the Spurs dominated. All I saw was a team that closed out and beaten 4-1. Excuses, Excuses. Doesn't matter when we played you guys, and if 4-1 doesn't convince you, can't help you.

throughout the series, the Spurs did dominate for longer periods of time than the Lakers......a few plays here and there, and the Spurs could have won that series 4-1

Ocotillo
06-02-2008, 01:03 PM
The Spurs are not that far off. They ran out of gas and I hang that on two things, old legs and Manu's injury.

On the other hand, Phoenix is not that far off either and neither is New Orleans and Utah is strong. Portland will be better next year when Oden joins them.

The Lakers should be better as well but that remains to be seen. Keep in mind Kobe is playing in the Olympics this summer and we'll see how his body holds up next year after that. He's not getting any younger either although is he is the best in the game at this time.

Bynum is the mystery. He has potential to be a very good one. Some Laker fan was projecting him at 24/12 but I don't see that happening when he has to share the ball with Kobe, Gasol and Odem. Doesn't mean he isn't capable but when you have that many scorers there are only so many shots to go around. And he has to show, like Amare that he will come back from his injury or is he brittle.

I'm not counting on that or hoping for that, it's just an observation that the Lakers will want to strike while the iron is hot this season. It won't be any easier next year for any of the Western Conference teams.

Ocotillo
06-02-2008, 01:06 PM
I didn't mention Houston although they in theory should be better, they just have not demonstrated they can stay healthy.

Denver may be the team that slips out of the playoffs due to Portland or Golden State coming on next season.

Finally, will Seattle be able to have any success against a stacked West? The team will be better but it is doubtful they will have much to show for it the form of wins/losses.

Beast
06-02-2008, 01:13 PM

Oberto sucked.

The Lakers are lucky we didn't play them earlier in the playoffs.

I LOVED this recap! spot on! i hope some of these other spurs fan/idiots or bandwagoners read this and take it all in! nice job! doesnt change the outcome but maybe some of these tards will think twice before throwing everyone under the bus so quickly, without thinking! those people dont deserve to be Spurs fans!

EJK5032
06-02-2008, 03:52 PM
I LOVED this recap! spot on! i hope some of these other spurs fan/idiots or bandwagoners read this and take it all in! nice job! doesnt change the outcome but maybe some of these tards will think twice before throwing everyone under the bus so quickly, without thinking! those people dont deserve to be Spurs fans!

thanks, dude.

I know some of the people on here get caught up in the heat of the moment, believe everything that the media is feeding them, and rush to judgment. You would think that after a few days, cooler heads would prevail, but the amount of threads still on here calling for the trading of Manu or Tony is absurd!

spursfan98
06-02-2008, 03:54 PM
throughout the series, the Spurs did dominate for longer periods of time than the Lakers......a few plays here and there, and the Spurs could have won that series 4-1

AMEN

DazedAndConfused
06-02-2008, 04:13 PM
A few plays here and there are often the difference in who wins ball games between two very good teams.

kaji157
06-02-2008, 04:32 PM
Man tony constantly killed us during our first half runs, you can argue that he played a better second hald, but the Tony of 2007 didnīt kill you at any moment.

EJK5032
06-02-2008, 07:26 PM
Man tony constantly killed us during our first half runs, you can argue that he played a better second hald, but the Tony of 2007 didnīt kill you at any moment.

what?!?! Parker had 23 points, shot 50% 11-22, even made a 3pt, had 3 boards, 2 assists, 1 steal, only 2 TOs

the only negative I see is that he did not shoot a single FT, although he did get hammered a couple times and didn't get the call.

Fake Dynasty
06-02-2008, 08:14 PM
throughout the series, the Spurs did dominate for longer periods of time than the Lakers......a few plays here and there, and the Spurs could have won that series 4-1This is the delusion that is Spurs fan... it's usually on display only following a gut-snatching loss to the Lakers. The truth is, a few plays here and there and the Spurs could've been swept. I will give it to you though, Spurs fan. Only your ass could sit there after being completely dominated and opine that the reverse could've been likely with "a few plays here and there" A few plays here and there and maybe the Spurs could defend a conference title? A few plays here and there and maybe the Spurs could even show UP to the Finals to defend a title? I think not. This is what San Antonio is all about: unsustained excellence. They simply don't have what it takes to defend a title or even make it back to the finals to do so.

The Spurs are like a bad sequel, every single time. :sleep

ElNono
06-02-2008, 08:18 PM
This is the delusion that is Spurs fan... it's usually on display only following a gut-snatching loss to the Lakers. The truth is, a few plays here and there and the Spurs could've been swept. I will give it to you though, Spurs fan. Only your ass could sit there after being completely dominated and opine that the reverse could've been likely with "a few plays here and there" A few plays here and there and maybe the Spurs could defend a conference title? A few plays here and there and maybe the Spurs could even show UP to the Finals to defend a title? I think not. This is what San Antonio is all about: unsustained excellence. They simply don't have what it takes to defend a title or even make it back to the finals to do so.

I'll take my 3 championships in 6 years, thank you.
You all faker fans weren't so righteous hiding in a closet for the past 4 years.

NewJerSpur
06-02-2008, 08:25 PM
This is the delusion that is Spurs fan... it's usually on display only following a gut-snatching loss to the Lakers. The truth is, a few plays here and there and the Spurs could've been swept. I will give it to you though, Spurs fan. Only your ass could sit there after being completely dominated and opine that the reverse could've been likely with "a few plays here and there" A few plays here and there and maybe the Spurs could defend a conference title? A few plays here and there and maybe the Spurs could even show UP to the Finals to defend a title? I think not. This is what San Antonio is all about: unsustained excellence. They simply don't have what it takes to defend a title or even make it back to the finals to do so.

Every playoff team that doesn't win the championship has fans that share this view...PHX could have said the same thing regarding their 1st round series against SA and many of its players/coaches and other analysts/announcers did. You must have one gigantic ego to think Spurs fans only feel this way after losing to L.A. You'd probably feel the same way after getting swept by Boston.

Fake Dynasty
06-02-2008, 08:30 PM
Every playoff team that doesn't win the championship has fans that share this view...PHX could have said the same thing regarding their 1st round series against SA and many of its players/coaches and other analysts/announcers did. You must have one gigantic ego to think Spurs fans only feel this way after losing to L.A. You'd probably feel the same way after getting swept by Boston.Um sorry to interrupt, Spurs fan, but you and yours should definitely quit with the predictions. How many games did you predict the Spurs would beat L.A. in, 5 or 6?

So :blah all you want, but Spurs fan always does this after the Lakers destroy their season. Even after the 01 sweep in which we beat you chumps by 39 and 29 in games 3 and 4 respectively, I noted Spurs fan thinking it could've gone differently if a few things had happened. (Yeh, like the Lakers team jet crashing and burning, killing all life onboard)

It's you who's ego is out of check, Spurs fan. It's you who somehow thinks you had a chance after being mugged 4-1. It's you who can't deal with reality.

ElNono
06-02-2008, 08:38 PM
So :blah all you want, but Spurs fan always does this after the Lakers destroy their season. Even after the 01 sweep in which we beat you chumps by 39 and 29 in games 3 and 4 respectively, I noted Spurs fan thinking it could've gone differently if a few things had happened. (Yeh, like the Lakers team jet crashing and burning, killing all life onboard)

We kicked your asses in 03, then you beat us in 04, then we won 2 more championships while you guys couldn't get out of the first round. Not really our fault your team sucked for 3 straight years.

NewJerSpur
06-02-2008, 08:40 PM
Um sorry to interrupt, Spurs fan, but you and yours should definitely quit with the predictions. How many games did you predict the Spurs would beat L.A. in, 5 or 6?

It's you who's ego is out of check, Spurs fan. It's you who somehow thinks you had a chance after being mugged 4-1. It's you who can't deal with reality.

Again, many fans of EVERY team that does not when the championship look back at VARIOUS moments when the series could have taken a turn for the better...it's not simply relegated to the Spurs whenever they lose to the Lakers in a series as you would like to believe for ego's sake; your belief in this idea and the fact you constantly post this stuff on a Spurs message board shows your infatuation with this team.

As for predictions: I'm not in the business of making them, your reading comprehension skills are just a bit off. I said that if you were to get swept by Boston you'd be coming up with the same topics of discussion that anchor this thread. Does that mean that whenever the Lakers don't play well against Boston in the finals (going back over 20 years) that they always come up with "excuses" just because they're playing Boston?

whottt
06-02-2008, 08:43 PM
IF you ask me the series was about the Laker defense more than anything else.

They outdefended the Spurs...it's as simple as that.

Fake Dynasty
06-02-2008, 08:44 PM
No, we just took our lumps and then dominated the 80's. Took more lumps and then stuck a 3-peat in the middle of your team's so-called "dynasty" in which they haven't even made it back to the finals to defend one of their titles, and worse, haven't even come close to defending a conference title. As if that isn't bad enough, "dynasties" don't get 3peats embedded in them by their arch rival. Pretty sad. To answer your question though, Laker fans realize there's life after basketball and there's other things to do in Los Angeles. Spurs fan is suicidal because outside the Spurs, there's nothing but looming death in San Antonio. Not sure if you're from NJ or not, but you should be smarter than to be a Spurs fan.

dbreiden83080
06-02-2008, 08:45 PM

Listen shit for brains, you guys needed 6, almost 7 games to beat a Utah team that was better last year, that we spanked in 5 games. You won the series primarily because of Manu's injury. The Celts who are younger, a bit deeper and most importanly healthier than us, are about to awaken you to that point. Oh you will be scratching your head as to how we could lose to the Celts after beating the Spurs but the answer is clear. Manu was beat to shit, that is why you got out of there in 5. Laker fans are talking nothing but smack and this team is not nearly as good as you think it is. Now give back the avvy you stole and go back to Laker land where your trolling ass belongs.

dbreiden83080
06-02-2008, 08:46 PM

Not hard when you are bricking open jumpshots and your 2nd best player is hobbling around on one foot.

Bob Lanier
06-02-2008, 08:47 PM

:tu

And say what you will about Pau Gasol, but that's mainly to his credit.

dbreiden83080
06-02-2008, 08:48 PM

Not really, no

NewJerSpur
06-02-2008, 08:49 PM
No, we just took our lumps and then dominated the 80's. Took more lumps and then stuck a 3-peat in the middle of your team's so-called "dynasty" in which they haven't even made it back to the finals to defend one of their titles, and worse, haven't even come close to defending a conference title. As if that isn't bad enough, "dynasties" don't get 3peats embedded in them by their arch rival. Pretty sad. To answer your question though, Laker fans realize there's life after basketball and there's other things to do in Los Angeles. Spurs fan is suicidal because outside the Spurs, there's nothing but looming death in San Antonio. Not sure if you're from NJ or not, but you should be smarter than to be a Spurs fan.

You have so much to do in L.A. yet you continue to post on a SPURS message board in the late evening. :rolleyes

Your team has been irrelevant since 2003 while the Spurs have made noise for 9 years straight producing 4 championships within that time period... 1 more than the temporary Lakers "dynasty" could secure. Admit it, you love us, lol.

ElNono
06-02-2008, 08:50 PM

So, whose ego is out of check? I am from NJ, and I enjoy being a Spurs fan.
But wait, a Laker fan tells me I should be smarter and not be a Spurs fan.
Hmm... decisions, decisions...

:flag::flag::flag:

Fuck you Laker fan, who the fuck you think you are? You still didn't answer my question... Where were you the last 3 or so years? Was the view from the closet pretty?

Fake Dynasty
06-02-2008, 08:50 PM
Listen shit for brains, you guys needed 6, almost 7 games to beat a Utah team that was better last year, that we spanked in 5 games. You won the series primarily because of Manu's injury. The Celts who are younger, a bit deeper and most importanly healthier than us, are about to awaken you to that point. Oh you will be scratching your head as to how we could lose to the Celts after beating the Spurs but the answer is clear. Manu was beat to shit, that is why you got out of there in 5. Laker fans are talking nothing but smack and this team is not nearly as good as you think it is. Now give back the avvy you stole and go back to Laker land where your trolling ass belongs.Oh you mean the Utah team that would've whipped your ass too? Manu's only real injury is the pride snatched from him by The Machine. Manu said "I feeling gweat, I just pwaying bad..." It's only tools like you that want to use his "injury" as a security blanket. Put Manu at 100% and we still kick your ass 4-2 or worse, idiot. The Spurs are so bad at defending titles that even Spurs fan notes that "HEY IT'S AN EVEN SEASON!" If that isn't self-ownage, I don't know what is. The bottom line is the Lakers took only 15 games to kick the shit outta three 50+win teams. So enjoy the Finals, and troll on these nuts, and stop acting like a bitch.

NewJerSpur
06-02-2008, 08:51 PM

It was less about Pau and more about the team's swarming defense and ability to close out on shooters, to the Laker's credit, which is normally a staple of Spurs defense.

dbreiden83080
06-02-2008, 08:51 PM
You have so much to do in L.A. yet you continue to post on a SPURS message board in the late evening. :rolleyes

Your team has been irrelevant since 2003 while the Spurs have made noise for 9 years straight producing 4 championships within that time period... 1 more than the temporary Lakers "dynasty" could secure. Admit it, you love us, lol.

Laker fans are obsessed with the Spurs. The ones here are not even talking about the Celts. They feel it is already done that they have the title locked up so they are here talking shit about our run being over and how they are going to start a new dynasty. These fans are pathetic beyond belief. Go back to the Laker boards and get ready for the finals already.

spursfan98
06-02-2008, 08:53 PM
It was less about Pau and more about the team's swarming defense and ability to close out on shooters, to the Laker's credit, which is normally a staple of Spurs defense.

I dont think it was so much our defense, it was our inability to score during long stretches after being ahead but it wasnt so much their defense

Fake Dynasty
06-02-2008, 08:53 PM
So, whose ego is out of check? I am from NJ, and I enjoy being a Spurs fan.
But wait, a Laker fan tells me I should be smarter and not be a Spurs fan.
Hmm... decisions, decisions...

:flag::flag::flag:

Fuck you Laker fan, who the fuck you think you are? You still didn't answer my question... Where were you the last 3 or so years? Was the view from the closet pretty?It wasn't as pretty as the view with my balls dangling from your chin, I have to admit. We were re-tooling and now we're making tools out of fake dynasties like the Spurs. You guys don't deserve to defend a title because you don't have what it takes. You're too pussy. We beat you with Tim Duncan having a monstrous series - didn't matter because we have #24. We have Derek Fisher, Spurs killer. And we have (lol) The MACHIIIIINE! Sorry you can't win them all.... EDIT- You can't defend any of them!!

NewJerSpur
06-02-2008, 08:55 PM
Laker fans are obsessed with the Spurs. The ones here are not even talking about the Celts. They feel it is already done that they have the title locked up so they are here talking shit about our run being over and how they are going to start a new dynasty. These fans are pathetic beyond belief. Go back to the Laker boards and get ready for the finals already.

Pathetic indeed. They better hope the Lakers aren't as satisfied with the Spurs defeat as many of their fans seem to be, otherwise they WILL get swept. I thought the goal was to win in the FINALS, lol.

spursfan98
It wasn't as pretty as the view with my balls dangling from your chin, I have to admit. We were re-tooling and now we're making tools out of fake dynasties like the Spurs. You guys don't deserve to defend a title because you don't have what it takes. You're too pussy. We beat you with Tim Duncan having a monstrous series - didn't matter because we have #24. We have Derek Fisher, Spurs killer. And we have (lol) The MACHIIIIINE! Sorry you can't win them all.... EDIT- You can't defend any of them!!

Get a life. Stop makin urself look like sasha's bitch.

Fake Dynasty
Laker fans are obsessed with the Spurs. The ones here are not even talking about the Celts. They feel it is already done that they have the title locked up so they are here talking shit about our run being over and how they are going to start a new dynasty. These fans are pathetic beyond belief. Go back to the Laker boards and get ready for the finals already.I admit I am used to getting this good pussy that the Spurs have been hiding from us the last few years. It feels good to be back in, but make no mistake, it's Spurs fans who are obsessed with L.A. So much so that even when we were mediocre a few years ago and the Lakers came to San Antonio, Kobe went for a walk to get some food and San Antonio radio stations were putting regularly-scheduled programming on hold.

conversely, when the Spurs are in town, it's just like the Grizzlies being in town. Next? :lmao

dbreiden83080
06-02-2008, 08:57 PM
Put Manu at 100% and we still kick your ass 4-2 or worse, idiot.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Game 1: 20 pt lead, game tied with a min to go, Manu a complete non-factor
Game 3: Manu plays well, we whip your ass something awful
Game 4: Manu a complete non-factor, 2 pt lead saved by the no-call at the end of reg by Joey "i belong in Jail" Crawford
Game 5: Manu a non-factor, game on the table for either team to win with 2 min to play.

But you beat us 4-2 or worse if he was right, yeah there is fucked up take by a trolling ass bitch, why are you here, go to the Laker boards and fuck off.

NewJerSpur
06-02-2008, 08:58 PM
I dont think it was so much our defense, it was our inability to score during long stretches after being ahead but it wasnt so much their defense

Not saying the scoring droughts didn't contribute to the losses, but those same droughts have been a staple of this team for the longest...they haven't stopped us from winning championships in the past. Not nailing 3's to keep us in the game hurt us the most on offense, but not contesting open jumpers and giving up offensive rebound after offense rebounding was just as bad if not worse.

ElNono
06-02-2008, 08:59 PM
It wasn't as pretty as the view with my balls dangling from your chin, I have to admit. We were re-tooling and now we're making tools out of fake dynasties like the Spurs. You guys don't deserve to defend a title because you don't have what it takes. You're too pussy. We beat you with Tim Duncan having a monstrous series - didn't matter because we have #24. We have Derek Fisher, Spurs killer. And we have (lol) The MACHIIIIINE! Sorry you can't win them all.... EDIT- You can't defend any of them!!

Sorry your team wasn't good enough to suck our dick for the past 3 years.
Now, was that the same #24 that choked a 3-1 lead against the Suns and still has to win anything without Shaq? I thought so...

spursfan98
06-02-2008, 08:59 PM
yeah but this playoffs it has been getting worse and worse. we had the same problem in new orleans so i dont really think it was so much the lakers defense

dbreiden83080
06-02-2008, 09:00 PM
but make no mistake, it's Spurs fans who are obsessed with L.A.

Really, yet your dumb ass is here talking shit to us about a series that is over and not talking at all about the series ahead. I don't see too many Spurs fans hassling Laker fans on their board but i do see you here, acting like the village idiot and a complete hypocrit.

Fake Dynasty
06-02-2008, 09:01 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Game 1: 20 pt lead, game tied with a min to go, Manu a complete non-factor
Game 3: Manu plays well, we whip your ass something awful
Game 4: Manu a complete non-factor, 2 pt lead saved by the no-call at the end of reg by Joey "i belong in Jail" Crawford
Game 5: Manu a non-factor, game on the table for either team to win with 2 min to play.

But you beat us 4-2 or worse if he was right, yeah there is fucked up take by a trolling ass bitch, why are you here, go to the Laker boards and fuck off.My point, idiot, is that the only place Manu was injured is in your injured mind. He wasn't hurt and simply had that Machine D put on his ass. When he scored 30 in game 3, all you muthafuckas were in here like MANU IS BACK!!! MANU TRES!!! As soon as Machine grabbed his ass and hauled him back to lockdown, you idiots went back to "Oh my God, what's wrong with Manu?"

Ownage hurts - deal with it.

NewJerSpur
06-02-2008, 09:04 PM
yeah but this playoffs it has been getting worse and worse. we had the same problem in new orleans so i dont really think it was so much the lakers defense

The Hornets defense was pretty opportunistic as well and pretty disciplined...at least at home (they fell apart in the 4th quarter in SA); playing 7 games wasn't a fluke. As for PHX, we simply outexecuted them so I believe you have to give the other teams (despite the obnoxious/arrogant nature of some of their trolls) credit defensively because we weren't as comfortable in our remaining 2 series as in the 1st round offensively.

Fake Dynasty
Really, yet your dumb ass is here talking shit to us about a series that is over and not talking at all about the series ahead. I don't see too many Spurs fans hassling Laker fans on their board but i do see you here, acting like the village idiot and a complete hypocrit.Spurs fans don't hassle Laker fans on Laker boards because they'd have nothing to say, knowing that the Lakers in the end, own the Spurs. That being said, I'm not here to hassle you, rather to pour some sense onto the delusion that engulfs this board. I'm here to save you from your own brainwashed form of thinking. Believe me, you're better off with me here telling your ass like it is.

ElNono
It feels good to be back in, but make no mistake, it's Spurs fans who are obsessed with L.A.

Really? You, in a Spurs forum, still talking after taking the series, and we are obsessed? We need to get our ego in check?

Keep talking dumbo, keep showing what a fool you are.

NewJerSpur
06-02-2008, 09:07 PM
Really? You, in a Spurs forum, still talking after taking the series, and we are obsessed? We need to get our ego in check?

Keep talking dumbo, keep showing what a fool you are.

BINGO! And by doing so he's missing out on the "L.A. Nightlife" he bragged so much about...pity. :lol

Fake Dynasty
06-02-2008, 09:07 PM

Keep talking dumbo, keep showing what a fool you are.I'm here to help you clowns get through the delusional state of mind that you're in. I'm here to keep you from jumping into the riverwalk and give you a sense of purpose; something to live for. Spurs fan is obsessed with the Lakers. Even when the Lakers sucked, Spurs fan couldn't sleep at the mention of the purple and gold. We fucked you guys and we fucked you bad this year. I know it hurts and so I'm here to make sure you guys don't turn into females and still have a purpose to live on. Like I told the other Spurs fans, you're better off with me here, bustin' your ass.

dbreiden83080
06-02-2008, 09:10 PM
Spurs fans don't hassle Laker fans on Laker boards because they'd have nothing to say,

Had plenty to say when we won 2 titles, and you assclowns got sent home by the Suns and Kobe went off on everyone on his team and MGT. Did not find me there talking shit to Laker fans, no sir.

"I'm here to save you from your own brainwashed form of thinking. Believe me, you're better off with me here telling your ass like it is"

This guy must have read trolling 101, looks he skipped a few chapters though.

dbreiden83080
06-02-2008, 09:12 PM
I'm here to help you clowns get through the delusional state of mind that you're in..

Everyone can stop reading right here, he is just repeating the same shit over and over, that's it for me Troll, incredible how pathetic some people are.

NewJerSpur
06-02-2008, 09:13 PM
I'm here to help you clowns get through the delusional state of mind that you're in. I'm here to keep you from jumping into the riverwalk and give you a sense of purpose; something to live for. Spurs fan is obsessed with the Lakers. Even when the Lakers sucked, Spurs fan couldn't sleep at the mention of the purple and gold. We fucked you guys and we fucked you bad this year. I know it hurts and so I'm here to make sure you guys don't turn into females and still have a purpose to live on. Like I told the other Spurs fans, you're better off with me here, bustin' your ass.

No, you're here to live out your life-long dream of being a Spurs fan undercover...love taps my man, that's all your posts are.:toast

Fake Dynasty
06-02-2008, 09:13 PM
Everyone can stop reading right here, he is just repeating the same shit over and over, that's it for me Troll, incredible how pathetic some people are.Sorry, man. Maybe next time we embalm your team you'll be able to deal? Take care.

Fake Dynasty
06-02-2008, 09:15 PM
No, you're here to live out your life-long dream of being a Spurs fan undercover...love taps my man, that's all your posts are.:toastHey, if a little red win is what you need to deal with the defeat then by all means, drink the whole bottle, baby! Don't forget to pour out a little for your fellow Spurs fans who don't have the benefit of the grape to help them drown out their sorrows. I have their back though, so no worries.

ElNono
06-02-2008, 09:15 PM
I'm here to help you clowns get through the delusional state of mind that you're in. I'm here to keep you from jumping into the riverwalk and give you a sense of purpose; something to live for. Spurs fan is obsessed with the Lakers. Even when the Lakers sucked, Spurs fan couldn't sleep at the mention of the purple and gold. We fucked you guys and we fucked you bad this year. I know it hurts and so I'm here to make sure you guys don't turn into females and still have a purpose to live on. Like I told the other Spurs fans, you're better off with me here, bustin' your ass.

Let me put it this way:
1) I personally don't give a shit that we didn't repeat once. So many teams can't win a single championship, and we got 4 in the past 9 years. So I'm grateful to the team for what they accomplished.
2) I don't give a flying fuck if you think we're a Dynasty or not. As a matter of fact, a Lakers fan opinion is basically useless.
3) I slept just fine when we got eliminated. As I stated on another thread, I thought the season was good, and we got further than I expected them to get to.

So, Laker fan, enjoy getting your ass handed to you in the Finals, making this season as meaningless as the Spurs one. When that happens, I want to hear the excuses...

Fake Dynasty
06-02-2008, 09:18 PM
Don't worry about the Finals, we'll deal with that. You just worry about keeping the other multitude of Spurs fans that don't possess your ability to not give a fuck...from jumping into the riverwalk, deal? And that's true that most teams can't even win one. I just don't want to hear the word dynasty mentioned on this fuckin' forum unless it's my handle coming out of your mouth. That goes for you and any of you other yahoos in this bitch, got it? Just messin', man. I'm here for you.

NewJerSpur
06-02-2008, 09:23 PM
Don't worry about the Finals, we'll deal with that. You just worry about keeping the other multitude of Spurs fans that don't possess your ability to not give a fuck...from jumping into the riverwalk, deal? And that's true that most teams can't even win one. I just don't want to hear the word dynasty mentioned on this fuckin' forum unless it's my handle coming out of your mouth. That goes for you and any of you other yahoos in this bitch, got it? Just messin', man. I'm here for you.

Let's simplify this:

-Your favorite team (so you say undercover Spur fan) is the Los Angeles Lakers

-Your name is "Fake Dynasty"

-"Los Angeles Lakers" + "Fake Dynasty"

-"Los Angeles Lakers Fake Dynasty"

You just OWNED yourself.

ElNono
06-02-2008, 09:27 PM

Dynasty. Dynasty. Dynasty. Dynasty. Dynasty. Dynasty. Dynasty. Dynasty. Dynasty. Dynasty. Dynasty. Dynasty. Dynasty. Dynasty. Dynasty. Dynasty.

So what are you going to do now, internet tough guy?
Swallow it like the vagina you are? Exactly.

dbreiden83080
06-02-2008, 09:28 PM
Let's simplify this:

You just OWNED yourself.

:lmao:lmao:lmao

Nothing left to say but that, if he has any pride he will asked to be banned.

Fake Dynasty
06-02-2008, 09:28 PM
Let's simplify this:

You just OWNED yourself.Damn did you do that or did the wine do that? Either way, that was pretty damned bad. My name represents the only truth on this board, as far as what the Spurs really are. I told you I'm here for you. You should probably stop drinking and go fishing. I heard the Spurs are holding a fan appreciation fishing expedition. :fishing

NewJerSpur
06-02-2008, 09:29 PM
Thank You. I do it for the people. :toast

NewJerSpur
06-02-2008, 09:36 PM
Damn did you do that or did the wine do that? Either way, that was pretty damned bad. My name represents the only truth on this board, as far as what the Spurs really are. I told you I'm here for you. You should probably stop drinking and go fishing. I heard the Spurs are holding a fan appreciation fishing expedition. :fishing

Alright, let me flip it for you:

Regardless of what you CLAIM your mission is here, whenever I think "Fake Dynasty" I will now always think "Los Angeles Lakers" thanks to your registration here. Think about it a little harder, but don't hurt yourself, LOL.

ElNono
06-02-2008, 09:47 PM
Alright, let me flip it for you:

Regardless of what you CLAIM your mission is here, whenever I think "Fake Dynasty" I will now always think "Los Angeles Lakers" thanks to your registration here. Think about it a little harder, but don't hurt yourself, LOL.

You know what's worse than talking smack? Being a retard trying to talk smack.
Good job exposing this troll. :tu

NewJerSpur
06-02-2008, 09:53 PM
Thanks. The funny thing is trolls like this further cement the old adage: "Even when many Laker fans when, they're still losers." :lol:toast

spursfan98
06-02-2008, 09:55 PM
Damn did you do that or did the wine do that? Either way, that was pretty damned bad. My name represents the only truth on this board, as far as what the Spurs really are. I told you I'm here for you. You should probably stop drinking and go fishing. I heard the Spurs are holding a fan appreciation fishing expedition. :fishing

Whats wrong with fishing? Fishing is fun. We actually have a life

TDfan2007
06-02-2008, 11:22 PM
what?!?! Parker had 23 points, shot 50% 11-22, even made a 3pt, had 3 boards, 2 assists, 1 steal, only 2 TOs

the only negative I see is that he did not shoot a single FT, although he did get hammered a couple times and didn't get the call.

5 of Tony's points came at the end of the game when it was all but over. His shot COMPLETELY dissapeared in those last two games. Game 5 wasn't his fault though. No Manu = no wins. Not with the way our team is currently made.

Bob Lanier
06-02-2008, 11:49 PM
It was less about Pau and more about the team's swarming defense and ability to close out on shooters
The perimeter game is a staple of the Spurs' offense, but so is the low-post game with Duncan and the pick-and-roll with Tony Parker.

Duncan got his points against Gasol on the block, but Pau forced him into Antoine Walker-level shooting percentages in order to get them. And on the screen/roll, he moved quickly enough to hedge off Parker from turning the corner, giving his guard time to recover while not allowing the dump-in to Duncan. He played absolutely perfect screen/roll defense.

Duncan played equally good man defense in the post, but his inferior athletic ability (and Bryant's superior jumpshot relative to Parker's) caused him to be abused on the pick-and-roll with Kobe Bryant.

I'm a huge Tim Duncan fan, but he was outplayed as a defender in this series by Gasol.

But yes, you do have to credit Fisher, Farmar, Vujacic, Bryant, and Radmanovic for their quickness recovering to the Spurs' shooters.

sexinthatsx
06-03-2008, 12:41 AM
This is indeed pathetic. I have never seen this much bitching since the Spurs beat the Suns, and even then that's when Suns lost the series. Lakers won the series, they still need to beat Boston to get a championship (which they wont) and this fucking laker troll is in spurstalk.com running his mouth like he's the queen bee of the fakers pack. If it bothers you that much that we won that many titles in the past 9 years and "interrupted" your 3-peat then that's something to cry to yourself, not here in this forum.

NewJerSpur
06-03-2008, 12:43 AM
The perimeter game is a staple of the Spurs' offense, but so is the low-post game with Duncan and the pick-and-roll with Tony Parker.

Duncan got his points against Gasol on the block, but Pau forced him into Antoine Walker-level shooting percentages in order to get them. And on the screen/roll, he moved quickly enough to hedge off Parker from turning the corner, giving his guard time to recover while not allowing the dump-in to Duncan. He played absolutely perfect screen/roll defense.

Duncan played equally good man defense in the post, but his inferior athletic ability (and Bryant's superior jumpshot relative to Parker's) caused him to be abused on the pick-and-roll with Kobe Bryant.

I'm a huge Tim Duncan fan, but he was outplayed as a defender in this series by Gasol.

But yes, you do have to credit Fisher, Farmar, Vujacic, Bryant, and Radmanovic for their quickness recovering to the Spurs' shooters.

Pau still hasn't impressed me thus far as an individual defender...again, I saw it as more of a team effort. TD can at times play average against even the most mediocre of defenders when he is not being as aggressiveness as he can. Take for instance game 5: early on Tim was getting to any spot that he wanted on the floor and getting L.A.'s bigs into foul trouble. He was more decisive in making offensive moves and NO ONE could stop him. As the game wore on he wore down a bit and became less sharp. No one else really picked up the slack besides Barry (who was easy to defend in that he only took wide open spot-up shots) which made it easier to converge on TD as a team and frustrate him. Also the Lakers (not Pau on his own) caused many turnovers by not trapping Tim as much early but waiting until he began to dribble and stripping him low. The reason why the pick and role wasn't as effective is because other defenders around Gasol cut off the passing lanes after Tony's man got screened off which caused either TO's or hesitation on TP's part which led to bad plays.

Tim is not quick enough to stick with Kobe on an island and he refused to foul him on layups...he also had to give Kobe a little bit of room for fear of a lob pass to Gasol. When the Spurs get their big man rotation worked out heading into '09 they will adjust to the lob plays in the Lakers/Hornets series that exposed the holes in their defense...hopefully they will acquire on more athletic big man.

In summary: Pau as an individual defender cannot stop Tim Duncan, it was a team effort. Duncan had too much on his plate to worry about to be as effective defensively as in past years, primarily because the team had a problem clogging the lane on Kobe and rotating to whomever the open man would be if Kobe kicked the ball out to the wing.

Spur-Addict
06-03-2008, 12:45 AM

Rebounding was an issue as well, more than people think.

sexinthatsx
06-03-2008, 12:46 AM
Oh by the way, I live in LA and I can't stand any of you laker jockriders who aren't even true fans to being with.
-I asked 10 people who were sporting laker gear who their current starting lineup is, and only 3 people managed to answer correctly. One guy even said Shaquille O Neal (wtf)
-I asked 2 girls who their starting shooting guard is, and they had blank faces and no answer

So before you start talking some more shit, I suggest you stop looking up the lakers on wikipedia to prove you know your own team and start learning some history before you talk shit thank you very much.

cly2tw
06-03-2008, 01:58 AM
lakers were lucky they didnt play PHX or NO, they would of been out if so.

And the Suns were unlucky to have to play Spurs in the 1st, since Pop owns DAntoni. Had the Spurs lost to Utah in their last regular season game, there might have been a Spurs vs Suns Western final and you guys might have won the trophy again. Karma.:downspin:

angelbelow
06-03-2008, 03:00 AM
since 2005, there has been 7 different teams representing their respective conferences in the finals. Spurs 2, celtics 1, heat 1, mavericks 1, lakers 1, cavs 1 and the pistons 1. We have been there the most and its no accident. were a dynasty whether you choose to accept or not.

midnightpulp
06-03-2008, 03:13 AM

Call them the Lakers. You have absolutely nothing to do with the organization other than parking your fat ass in front of the TV, gorging on Trans Fats, and giving your rating point to KCAL or FoxSports West. I'd say you fly one of those stupid Laker flags, but I'd guess your devotion runs about as deep as the latest Laker bandwagon prick: David Beckham.

I'm native SoCal, my best friend is a Lakers fan, a good one, but for every real SoCal sports fan, there's 100 fairweather ones. LA used to be a Dodger town, now all I run into is moron Angels fans, since the Angels have enjoyed more success over the past few years. Same thing with these fucktards who root for the Lakers.

Most of these fairweather types (like Dynasty and his 82 posts. What? This board didn't exist when Kobe was chucking your sideshow team out of the playoffs?) are transplants from Bumfuck Town USA looking to break into the Hollywood scene, and know that to be taken seriously as a Hollywood phony, they have to root for Lakers. You can see this dynamic when the great actor (but fake fan) Denzel Washington wears a Yankees cap to the Lakers game. Any self-respecting sports town that is home to the Yankees greatest National league rival wouldn't allow this, but it's Hollywood, and since Staples Center is filled with more pussy than a Ron Jeremy (who Dynasty probably resembles) birthday party, Denzel is safer than a new born baby held in its mother's arms.

I root for the Dodgers, USC, Clippers (unless they're going against the Spurs), LA/Oakland Raiders, but always had way too much self-respect to cheer for the team who possibly has the worst fanbase on planet earth. These idiots turned me off the Lakers from day one, and ironically, not because I had anything against the franchise, but because I didn't want to be associated with mouth breathers like Dynasty. Fans who come around only when the going is good and act like they've been a fan since the 60s, when the Lakers enjoyed perennial sodomy at the hands of the Celtics.

So fuck off, Dynasty, and go find some Lakers board where you can engage in enlightened debate with other pussies about which one of you would give Kobe the best blow-job.

Bob Lanier
06-03-2008, 03:18 AM
Re your last point:

Of the Lakers fans, fake or not, on this board, I strongly suspect that would be me. No need to fight, ladies and gentlemen.

midnightpulp
06-03-2008, 03:50 AM
Re your last point:

Of the Lakers fans, fake or not, on this board, I strongly suspect that would be me. No need to fight, ladies and gentlemen.

I wasn't referring to real Lakers fans like yourself. Even though I have one post, I've read this board for a while, and I can tell you're a good fan.

On average, good Lakers fans are 40+. I know Fake Dynasty is part of the MySpace generation when he denigrated the Spurs for not repeating. Any good Lakers fan knows the difficulty of that and how Red Auerbach used to insult the credibility of the Lakers Dynasty before they repeated in 88.

A young Lakers fan was basically born a bandwagoner, not knowing heartbreak of the failures in the 60s, 70s, the struggles to repeat in the 80s.

When Fake (Lakers fan) Dynasty was a middle schooler in the mid-90s, I doubt he was interested in the Sedale Threatt/Ced Ceballos Lakers, whom the Spurs destroyed in one playoff series. He probably got interested when they acquired Shaq, but tuned out when the Big Overrated got swept by the Jazz, then brutalized by the Spurs. His interested undoubtably peaked during the 3 peat years, and all of sudden, he found his inner hardcore fan. He probably started trolling the young message board communities around this time, most likely focusing on the Kings fans and like any good troll, always frontrunning. Then in '03, when the Spurs made Kobe cry like a scorned female, which prompted Dynasty to make a striptease video as a condolence and send it off to Kobe's fanclub address, is when his real dislike for the Spurs began.

'04 was obviously a great trolling year for him until the Finals, where his hero Kobe chucked all hope into the shitter. Then the team sucks ass for the next few years, Dynasty contemplates overdosing on coke, and the Spurs are fighting battles in the playoffs, winning titles. Fast-forward to this year, the Lakers are stacked and the Spurs have remained virtually the same, are worn out and aged.

But Fake Dynasty sees the WCF win as some kind of "ownage" (the favorite word of his stunted generation) when in reality, the Lakers took full advantage of a good opportunity. Why weren't the Lakers around to battle in 05, 06, 07? This Spurs roster peak years.

And where was his message board bravado then?

To sum up. Fake (Lakers Fan) Dynasty is a front running pussy, and he knows this, and like most Lakers fans, he's comfortable with it. Fickleness is a badge of honor in this town.

I know you better than you know yourself, Dynasty. It's not that I have any supernatural mind-reading abilities, it's just that simple minds are easy for the superior mind to devour.

midnightpulp
06-03-2008, 04:47 AM

The Duncan-era Spurs are a Dynasty. The 3 peat Lakers were more like premature ejaculation, something that I wished your father chronically suffered from, but you're here, making your stain on humanity.

Bob Lanier
06-03-2008, 04:48 AM
Well, I was referring to blowjobs.

As for the Lakers, I'm not a real fan; I'm a fan by default. I like the way they play.

midnightpulp
06-03-2008, 06:06 AM
My point, idiot, is that the only place Manu was injured is in your injured mind. He wasn't hurt and simply had that Machine D put on his ass. When he scored 30 in game 3, all you muthafuckas were in here like MANU IS BACK!!! MANU TRES!!! As soon as Machine grabbed his ass and hauled him back to lockdown, you idiots went back to "Oh my God, what's wrong with Manu?"

Ownage hurts - deal with it.

He was definitely hurt. Not as hurt as Tim Duncan in 00' when he missed the entire playoffs and the first chance to repeat, and being the opportunists they are, the Lakers stepped in and won the title, narrowly winning against a Jailblazer team that the Spurs swept a year before.

Injures are part of the game, however. And to throw your trolling ass a bone, I think the Spurs lose to the Lakers in 7 with a healthy Manu.

EJK5032
06-03-2008, 12:30 PM
wow, this thread ended up getting ugly

midnightpulp
06-03-2008, 06:49 PM
wow, this thread ended up getting ugly

Ugliness does seem to follow bandwagon Lakers fans where ever they go.

LakerLanny
06-03-2008, 10:24 PM
I don't think SA is that far away. They have one of the best 3 man cores in the NBA and some nice role players (Bowen, Barry, etc) to boot.

The dumbest thing to do is panic and I think your organization is too smart for that.

Horry is washed up and I very much doubt will be back, Finley is expendable and Oberto can stay or go, it doesn't matter much. So they will have some roster spots to work with as the Jacque Vaughn's and Dermarr Johnson's of the world are elsewhere going forward.

Maybe this Mahmini guy or whatever his name is will help. I think they could use a guy like Azubuike or Barnes from Golden St if they can't figure out a way to get Corey Maggette.

I would keep Kurt Thomas around personally.

NewJerSpur
06-03-2008, 10:30 PM
I don't think SA is that far away. They have one of the best 3 man cores in the NBA and some nice role players (Bowen, Barry, etc) to boot.

The dumbest thing to do is panic and I think your organization is too smart for that.

Horry is washed up and I very much doubt will be back, Finley is expendable and Oberto can stay or go, it doesn't matter much. So they will have some roster spots to work with as the Jacque Vaughn's and Dermarr Johnson's of the world are elsewhere going forward.

Maybe this Mahmini guy or whatever his name is will help. I think they could use a guy like Azubuike or Barnes from Golden St if they can't figure out a way to get Corey Maggette.

I would keep Kurt Thomas around personally.

This team doesn't need Maggette and his streaky offense. I wouldn't count Horry out just yet....after all he missed practically the entire season. Other than that you're in the right ballpark.