PDA

View Full Version : Finals: Celtics vs. Lakers....Big Surprise there.

41times
06-02-2008, 10:44 AM
Well the script was written months ago after the Gasol trade. David Sperm gets his wish to have Celtics and Lakers in the Finals once again in over 20 years. Anyone who predicted differently does not not know the NBA well enough.

30 of the 61 NBA titles have been won by these 2 franchises. So while most all of us saw it coming and were basically helpless to stop it, the league will get it's best ratings in a long time. I'm sure the commish is laughing manically in his office right now.

Not that it matters to most here but who do you think will win? The old Big 3 or the LakeShow?

Boston has home court but don't play well on the road. Could this be a 7 game marathon? Do the Celtics have enough stamina to play 7 more games on top of the 20 playoff games they have already played? or will youth prevail?

Bottom line, the league wins in this Scripted battle.

magnificent
06-02-2008, 11:14 AM
stern is an idiot. bottom line. everything he does. or tries to do. the NBA needs a new head dog

Viva Las Espuelas
06-02-2008, 11:15 AM
Well the script was written months ago after the Gasol trade. David Sperm gets his wish to have Celtics and Lakers in the Finals once again in over 20 years. Anyone who predicted differently does not not know the NBA well enough.

30 of the 61 NBA titles have been won by these 2 franchises. So while most all of us saw it coming and were basically helpless to stop it, the league will get it's best ratings in a long time. I'm sure the commish is laughing manically in his office right now.

Not that it matters to most here but who do you think will win? The old Big 3 or the LakeShow?

Boston has home court but don't play well on the road. Could this be a 7 game marathon? Do the Celtics have enough stamina to play 7 more games on top of the 20 playoff games they have already played? or will youth prevail?

your post and your name hold many parallels.

thank you

Lake_show
06-02-2008, 11:22 AM

Lakers in 6

DarrinS
06-02-2008, 12:09 PM
I know everyone loves their conspiracies, but if Stern has always wanted a Celtics/Lakers finals, why let the Spurs draft Tim Duncan in 1997 and not rig the system to let the Celtics draft him?

Just curious.

Ironically, the Celts drafted some kid named Chuncey Billups with their #3 pick.

Ocotillo
06-02-2008, 12:14 PM
Ironically, the Celts drafted some kid named Chuncey Billups with their #3 pick.

Wrong. The Celts drafted Tony Batie from Texas Tech. The Denver Nuggets drafted Billups.

Ocotillo
06-02-2008, 12:18 PM
My bad, they traded, you were right.