PDA

View Full Version : Funny

Laker12112
06-02-2008, 11:12 AM
http://www.garyhoeffler.com/images/spursfshing051706.jpg

Don't worry guys the season starts again in 5 months. The bad thing is, your guys will keep getting older.

:lobt:

FromWayDowntown
06-02-2008, 11:13 AM
Yes, and amazingly, each one of the current Lakers just keeps getting younger.

Viva Las Espuelas
06-02-2008, 11:18 AM
Yes, and amazingly, each one of the current Lakers just keeps getting younger.it must be the air down here. its clearly better than
http://oceanworld.tamu.edu/resources/oceanography-book/Images/LA-smog-2.jpg<--theirs

Holt's Cat
06-02-2008, 11:24 AM
Laker fan must be the most insecure motherfuckers on the planet.

GrandeDavid
06-02-2008, 11:29 AM
The Spurs will win the championship next season. They'll come back stronger and, yes, they'll get a couple of young additions. The Spurs are old, my ass. I would order you to come up with something more original, but then again you are a brainless Lakers fan, so what's the point?

spurscenter
06-02-2008, 11:49 AM
i always find it weird how in 5 months, it starts up again, not like baseball where there is a winter break and year break.

cobbler
06-02-2008, 12:13 PM
i always find it weird how in 5 months, it starts up again, not like baseball where there is a winter break and year break.

Actually, depending on the length of the series, Baseball starts over in 5-6 months as well. Year break? WTF is that?

baseline bum
06-02-2008, 12:44 PM
it must be the air down here. its clearly better than
http://oceanworld.tamu.edu/resources/oceanography-book/Images/LA-smog-2.jpg<--theirs

LA's air doesn't look anything close to that anymore. That photo is from 1988 at the latest, as the Library Tower is not in it.

ShoogarBear
06-02-2008, 12:47 PM
The season would be starting a month earlier if there wasn't this huge break before the Finals. Good thing they really rushed to get the conferences finals started.

K-State Spur
06-02-2008, 12:51 PM
http://www.garyhoeffler.com/images/spursfshing051706.jpg

Don't worry guys the season starts again in 5 months. The bad thing is, your guys will keep getting older.

:lobt:

Given that big men tend to age better than guards - don't be surprised if the shelf life of Duncan and Kobe are relatively equal.

EJK5032
06-02-2008, 12:53 PM

hey, spurscenter, your "collusion" signature is effen great!

there was some seriously shady shite between BOS, MIN, MEM, & LAL that lead to this Finals matchup

Lakers08Champs
06-02-2008, 01:26 PM
:lmao GONE FISHING!!

Zero Point Four
06-02-2008, 01:51 PM
hey, spurscenter, your "collusion" signature is effen great!

there was some seriously shady shite between BOS, MIN, MEM, & LAL that lead to this Finals matchup

This issue has been debated for quite some time.

You are wrong.

Simple as that.

McHale is an idiot. And the owner of the team, Glen Taylor, was very reluctant to trade Garnett, too. But after the fans got disenchanted with the Wolves after their decline following the Western Conference semi-Finals loss (to the Lakers), they realized that the future with Garnett was not championship.

In order to have a chance at rebuilding, the Wolves took youth and draft picks.

Believe in collusion all you want. I cannot cure delusions about collusions.

If you want to make an argument that they got less than fair value, that is a reasonable discussion point.

But if you want to believe that the Timberwolves (and Grizzlies) deliberately made their teams worse, then I can't help you.

TheManFromAcme
06-02-2008, 02:00 PM
The Spurs will win the championship next season. They'll come back stronger and, yes, they'll get a couple of young additions. The Spurs are old, my ass. I would order you to come up with something more original, but then again you are a brainless Lakers fan, so what's the point?

:donkey....."Did someone say, ASS?"

Spurs may very well contend next year but to deny that they need some good infusion of youth and faster legs is stupid.

No doubt the "BIG THREE" will wreck havoc again next year but your going to have to have something better coming off the bench.

That's just the way it is. Not the way you want it to be.

EJK5032
06-02-2008, 03:32 PM
This issue has been debated for quite some time.

You are wrong.

Simple as that.

McHale is an idiot. And the owner of the team, Glen Taylor, was very reluctant to trade Garnett, too. But after the fans got disenchanted with the Wolves after their decline following the Western Conference semi-Finals loss (to the Lakers), they realized that the future with Garnett was not championship.

In order to have a chance at rebuilding, the Wolves took youth and draft picks.

Believe in collusion all you want. I cannot cure delusions about collusions.

If you want to make an argument that they got less than fair value, that is a reasonable discussion point.

But if you want to believe that the Timberwolves (and Grizzlies) deliberately made their teams worse, then I can't help you.

And McHale gave in and let Ainge keep Rondo in that deal.

I like how you totally shied away from the Jerry West - Memphis connection

Zero Point Four
06-02-2008, 04:47 PM
And McHale gave in and let Ainge keep Rondo in that deal.

I like how you totally shied away from the Jerry West - Memphis connection

Only because it has been the primary focus of conspiracy talk over the past few weeks. It has been discussed repeatedly until it became nauseating.

Look at the Lakers/Memphis trade. The Lakers got Pau Gasol, a one-time all-star who had gone 0-12 in the playoffs. The Lakers will also got the Grizzlies second round draft choice in 2010. In exchange Memphis got forward Kwame Brown (with his $9 million expiring contract), guard Javaris Crittenton, guard Aaron McKie (and his $2 million expiring contract), the draft rights to Marc Gasol and first round picks in 2008 and 2010.

The Grizzlies are for sale.

After making the trade with the Lakers (who actually did offer the best package to Memphis, because Memphis desired - more than anything else - expiring contracts) the Grizzlies now short-term will not lose money because their expenses are low, and will get good draft picks because they're crummy (plus two first round picks from the Lakers), plus are more attractive to a potential buyer because of the ability to make changes.

So for Memphis, making the deal with the Lakers was actually trading the current good-but-not-great outlook for the Grizzlies for a future with a lot of flexibility and potential.

Of course, choosing the right players in the draft is key (think where Detroit would be if they'd skipped Darko Milicic and drafted Carmelo Anthony, Chris Bosh, or Dwayne Wade instead). And getting free agents to go to Memphis instead of other locations might be tough.

But blowing up their squad and starting over was their intent. And that's why the Kwame Brown trade made more sense for Memphis than trading for any other long-term contract.

Memphis wasn't looking to get better today. Memphis was looking to be better after rebuilding with new ownership.

With all those first round picks and cap space (and Marc Gasol), they will be a dynamic team.

Or you can persist in believing that the retired Jerry West convinced the guy who took over his job to make a trade benefiting an opposing team.

Mulletino
06-02-2008, 04:50 PM
Yes, and amazingly, each one of the current Lakers just keeps getting younger.

Soon they'll be a bunch of sperm playing on the court. All the other players will be slipping all over the place.
:lmao

EJK5032
06-02-2008, 06:03 PM
Only because it has been the primary focus of conspiracy talk over the past few weeks. It has been discussed repeatedly until it became nauseating.

Or you can persist in believing that the retired Jerry West convinced the guy who took over his job to make a trade benefiting an opposing team.

May I "persist in believing" that all the Lakers fans on this website really wish they were Spurs fans, because they know deep down that the Spurs are the superior team and superior franchise, and that's why these Faker fans continue to post here ?

you don't think the presence of Jerry West helped at all? how could it not? I'm sure he was able to help each side push the right buttons and reassure each other that they weren't getting screwed. Crittendon should be a good player but the Griz are already stacked with PGs, MGasol could be good but who knows, and the first round picks have potential but they are from the Lakers so they are going to be low picks. Plus the Lakers got a high second round pick? MEM traded the franchise player for a bunch of potential.....if you trade your franchise player, you better be getting a sure thing in return. At least MIN got Al Jefferson, and should have insisted on Rondo.......that's where the collusion comes in.