PDA

View Full Version : Shaq:Being Like DROB Not Good Enough!

Sportcamper
01-28-2005, 12:55 PM
Who wants to be mediocre? (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap;_ylc=X3oDMTBpZmFlcXBpBF9TAzk1ODYxOTQ4BHNlYwN 0aA--?gid=2005012628&prov=ap)

TORONTO (AP) -- Shaquille O'Neal was off-target again from the free throw line, and this time he was upset about it.
O'Neal had 33 points and 18 rebounds and Eddie Jones added 23 points to lead the Miami Heat past the Toronto Raptors 111-96 Wednesday night...

``I'm upset at myself. I should have had 50,'' said O'Neal, who made just seven of his 20 attempts from the line. ``I missed 13 free throws. That's unacceptable. If I want to be accepted by Wilt and Kareem and Russell I've got to start playing better than that. Right now I'm still in the class of Hakeem and David Robinson and that's not good enough for me. I want to be out there with the immortals...''

O'Neal is shooting a career-worst 46 percent from the line this season.
``I've got to start hitting my throws. It will be there playoff time, but I've got to start hitting them now so people know,'' O'Neal said.

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20050127/capt.fng10501270313.heat_raptors__fng105.jpg

Solid D
01-28-2005, 12:58 PM
Yeah, Shaq is there with the immortals in FTs though. Immortals like Chris Dudley, Larry Smith and Rasho Nesterovic. :lol

Phenomanul
01-28-2005, 12:59 PM
DROB did not struggle from the line... get your facts straight SHAQ!!!!

Solid D
01-28-2005, 01:05 PM
Actually, I don't think Shaq's FT shooting is the difference-maker in immortality. Bill Russell was .561 lifetime from the FT line. Wilt Chamberlain was .511.

maxpower
01-28-2005, 01:08 PM
Who wants to be mediocre? (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap;_ylc=X3oDMTBpZmFlcXBpBF9TAzk1ODYxOTQ4BHNlYwN 0aA--?gid=2005012628&prov=ap)

``I've got to start hitting my throws. It will be there playoff time, but I've got to start hitting them now so people know,'' O'Neal said.

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20050127/capt.fng10501270313.heat_raptors__fng105.jpg

Of course. Over a decade after entering the league and not being able to hit the rim from the free throw line, he is going to start hitting them. :lol

whottt
01-28-2005, 01:13 PM
He's not even in the class of Hakeem or Drob yet...they both won the DPOY award as well as an MVP. They both lead the league in rebounds and blocks, neither of which Shaq has done. They also both have a winning record against him. As for what Shaq has done, lead the NBA in dunks and scoring...DRob lead the NBA Dunks a shitload of times and he lead it in scoring...at Shaq's expense.

Fuck Shaq, he doesn't even belong in the same sentence as Drob and class...Someone tell Shaq to look at the name on that community assist plaque on his mantle...then he'll know how truly owned he is.

Immortality indeed.

Phenomanul
01-28-2005, 01:17 PM
He's not even in the class of Hakeem or Drob yet...they both won the DPOY award as well as an MVP. They both lead the league in rebounds and blocks, neither of which Shaq has done. They also both have a winning record against him. As for what Shaq has done, lead the NBA in dunks and scoring...DRob lead the NBA Dunks a shitload of times and he lead it in scoring...at Shaq's expense.

Fuck Shaq, he doesn't even belong in the same sentence as Drob and class...Someone tell Shaq to look at the name on that community assist plaque on his mantle...then he'll know how truly owned he is.

Immortality indeed.

Whott...You need to submit this response to the press.....

samikeyp
01-28-2005, 02:04 PM
he should be damn lucky to be in the class of Olajuwon and Robinson...too bad he will never have the class of Olajuwon and Robinson.

Spurminator
01-28-2005, 02:07 PM
I can't say I disagree with him. As great as his career has been, he's also been somewhat of an underachiever. He SHOULD be in the top tier of all-time centers.

Phenomanul
01-28-2005, 02:10 PM
I can't say I disagree with him. As great as his career has been, he's also been somewhat of an underachiever. He SHOULD be in the top tier of all-time centers.

No one is denying that he is a great center, they were all good in their own way....

I am annoyed by the classless way in which he called out David and Hakeem... who IMO were better all-around players....

BigVee
01-28-2005, 02:16 PM
The free throws will be there at playoff time? Since when?

bigzak25
01-28-2005, 02:32 PM
if he can win another title without kobe, then i'll give him props as a better center. but yeah, he's way behind on class.

Rummpd
01-28-2005, 03:10 PM
David Robinson and Hakeem in their prime were far superior than Shaq and they had to play against each other Ewing and many others.

Shaq is the most over hyped and media loved jerk/player ever period.

MadDco

E20
01-28-2005, 06:41 PM
Shaq's starting to act like a fag again. No one disses Hakeem or Drob.

milkyway21
01-28-2005, 08:46 PM
[QUOTE=Sportcamper]Right now I'm still in the class of Hakeem and David Robinson and that's not good enough for me. I want to be out there with the immortals...''shaq QUOTE] :wtf :wtf :wtf

this is THE REASON why I HATED this self-proclaimed superman soooo much. :cuss

HE HAS THE BIGGEST EGO & MOUTH :blah AS BIG AS HIS BUTT, you can ever imagined....

Sorry Dwyne Wade I love your game, but I just proclaim your MIAMI HEAT AS MY MOST-HATED team this season...

slayermin
01-28-2005, 09:02 PM
Admiral>Snaq

:smokin

RobinsontoDuncan
01-28-2005, 10:12 PM
Why would anyone who was around in the Admiral's prime ever find fault with being in the same "class"? I'm tempted to re-post one of whottt's thesis to answer this one.

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-28-2005, 10:44 PM
For as gigantic and skilled as Shaq is, he has never lived up to his potential.

He could have been to today's NBA what Wilt Chamberlain was in his day. Shaq is bigger and stronger than everyone else he faces, much like Wilt was. But Shaq's come nowhere close to dominating his opposition the way Wilt used to. Wilt Chamberlain's impact on basketball changed the NBA forever, much like Jordan did. Shaq's impact is merely that of a good, often great, player, but he hasn't made the kind of impression that the elite ones have.

Sorry Shaq, you're nowhere close to the status of Wilt or Russell. Hitting a few more free throws won't help.

whottt
01-28-2005, 10:52 PM
Why would anyone who was around in the Admiral's prime ever find fault with being in the same "class"? I'm tempted to re-post one of whottt's thesis to answer this one.

It does no good sadly. While you can make an occassional breakthrough... the media brainwashing and small market self cannibalism is usually permanent...about the only thing you consistently get out of stating the truth is personal satisfaction and a sense of doing the right thing.