PDA

View Full Version : which pizza is best?

Blake
06-02-2008, 03:33 PM
was gonna get pizza tonite.......can't decide which one....

Domino's is the best deal for the taste......5-5-5.....

I think Pizza Hut deep dish is the tastiest, but dang if they don't want a firstborn to pay for it...

Little Ceasars is cheap, but crust is nasty

I havent had Papa John's in a while.......anyone still like this joint?

Thunder Dan
06-02-2008, 03:33 PM
get CPK

G-Nob
06-02-2008, 03:34 PM
Do they have Little Caesar's where you live?

Don Quixote
06-02-2008, 03:36 PM
Papa Juan's is awesome! They are one of the few mainstream pizzas I can eat. Not to be a snob, but I find most of the big chain's pizza to be too greasy, too heavy on the meat and cheese, and not enough sauce. When I'm done eating, say, Pizza Hut, I feel like I'm about to have a coronary. Should I just go to the emergency room now?

So, Papa Juan's is the best. Too bad there's not one near here in my part of town. Katrina wiped out all the pizza joints, and they are only now starting to come back, one at a time. The closest pizza is still several miles away, Dominoe's.

balli
06-02-2008, 03:37 PM
IMO, out of all the big national chains Papa Johns is the best in terms of quality.

I see you don't like Little Caesar's crust, but do you know about the crazy crust? It's pretty underground.

angel_luv
06-02-2008, 03:38 PM
Pizza Hut.

It is worth the money.

Viva Las Espuelas
06-02-2008, 03:46 PM
dude, stay away from the chains. find a mom and pop pizza joint and stick with that. if you're in dallas i could give you a couple of good places.

Blake
06-02-2008, 03:47 PM
get CPK

CPK? If that's like Totinos, I'll pass

balli
06-02-2008, 03:48 PM
dude, stay away from the chains.

Ding, ding, ding, ding, ding. Ladies and gentlemen we have a winner. SA has to have soemthing other than the 4 places originally mentioned, right?

Chief
06-02-2008, 03:49 PM
In America We usually get Domino's simply cuz it's cheap .
But i prefer pizza hut even tho it's very greasy.

overseas in india and paki i love getting papa john's, their beef pepperoni pizza rocks my socks.

here in costa rica I eat Pizza Hut, it's not as greasy and you can get a super huge one for like $11

balli
06-02-2008, 03:50 PM
CPK? If that's like Totinos, I'll pass
http://www.cpk.com/menu/pizzas.aspx
California Pizza Kitchen. I think it's gross. They have weird shit like peanut butter sauces and carrots for toppings. They have regular pizza's too, but I think both their tomato sauce and dough taste like sugar, plus it's overpriced.

Blake
06-02-2008, 03:50 PM
dude, stay away from the chains. find a mom and pop pizza joint and stick with that. if you're in dallas i could give you a couple of good places.

ya know, mom and pop pizza joints usually let me down.....

now Italian restaurants that serve pizza? thats a different story.....

Don Quixote
06-02-2008, 03:52 PM
New Orleans has some great mom-and-pop places, if anyone plans on coming here anytime soon. They are just in other parts of town, far from where I live.

Blake
06-02-2008, 03:52 PM
California Pizza Kitchen. I think it's gross. They have weird shit like peanut butter sauces and carrots for toppings. They have regular pizza's too, but I think both their tomato sauce and dough taste like sugar, plus it's overpriced.

ah yeah........I like it enough, but I'd agree it's overpriced

Viva Las Espuelas
06-02-2008, 03:53 PM
ya know, mom and pop pizza joints usually let me down.....

now Italian restaurants that serve pizza? thats a different story.....i think big lou's is one place that i went to once down there. it was pretty good. i don't know where it is though

Don Quixote
06-02-2008, 03:54 PM
Pizza Hut.

It is worth the money.

Pizza Hut is good IFFF they go easy on the grease, and put enough sauce on their pizza.

I cannot emphasize the latter condition enough.

midgetonadonkey
06-02-2008, 03:55 PM
The Pizza Patron is best for cheap. Plus they have the best logo for any food chain ever.

http://www.brandchannel.com/images/FeaturesProfile/347_profile_img1_pizzapatron.jpg

Kori Ellis
06-02-2008, 03:57 PM
For chain pizza, I like Papa John's chicken pizza.

mrsmaalox
06-02-2008, 04:04 PM
If you in SA, you have to do Florio's in Lincoln Heights. That is the best I've had outside of Patsy's in NYC.

mrsmaalox
06-02-2008, 04:05 PM
And for chain pizza I only do thin crust veggie and they are all okay.

MoSpur
06-02-2008, 04:14 PM
Double Dave's Pizza is good

MoSpur
06-02-2008, 04:15 PM
http://www.doubledaves.com/

Spurminator
06-02-2008, 04:20 PM
I remember when I used to think Mr. Gatti's was the end-all be-all of pizza joints. I don't know if they changed recipes, relaxed standards or if my taste evolved that much, but they are absolute dogshit now.

Michael Scott
06-02-2008, 04:34 PM
When I'm in New York City I like to stop by my favorite pizza joint to get a 'New York' slice. It's called Sbarro, I bet you have never heard of it

https://www.emich.edu/dining/images/shoplogos/sbarroemusc.jpg

to21
06-02-2008, 04:35 PM
I remember when I used to think Mr. Gatti's was the end-all be-all of pizza joints. I don't know if they changed recipes, relaxed standards or if my taste evolved that much, but they are absolute dogshit now.That's the problem.....pretty much everything out there is dogshit. I've learned to lower my expectations when I order a pizza.

Thunder Dan
06-02-2008, 04:38 PM

they don't force you to get carrots and peanut butter on your pizza -atleast not here in Ohio. Try the meat pizza it's awesome. I would say it's the best for a chain. Also, Girodanos in Chicago is good for a chain too. It's giant and you can only eat like 1 1/2 slices because of how thick it is. There is better pizza in Chicago, but it's basically a chain now so technically that could win

monosylab1k
06-02-2008, 04:40 PM
When I'm in New York City I like to stop by my favorite pizza joint to get a 'New York' slice. It's called Sbarro, I bet you have never heard of it

lol now that's some funny shit.

2centsworth
06-02-2008, 04:43 PM
For Chains I like Double Dave's the best. Florios is a good non-chain joint.

Blake
06-02-2008, 04:53 PM

you joking? cant tell.....

there's a Sbarro's at Rivercenter mall that sells pizza by the slice......I think it's a chain....

Blake
06-02-2008, 04:55 PM
I'm not too high on the Double Dave's pizza thing......a little too high for the quality you get.....

there's a reason why the one in Castle Hills and the one near San Pedro and Oblate both shut down.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-02-2008, 04:56 PM
I don't really have a favorite but I were forced to pick, I'd say Pizza Hut. Then Caesar's. Then Domino's.

Blake
06-02-2008, 04:57 PM
I remember when I used to think Mr. Gatti's was the end-all be-all of pizza joints. I don't know if they changed recipes, relaxed standards or if my taste evolved that much, but they are absolute dogshit now.

yeah, when I was a kid, Gatti's was alright.....

now it's like cheap pizza sauce on a piece of cardboard.......I'd almost rather eat Peter Piper or Chuck E Cheese........almost.......

fyi, the Gattiland at Jones Maltsberger and thousand oaks just shut down last week

mrsmaalox
06-02-2008, 04:58 PM
The thing about Double Dave's is that they have nice beers on tap. A good beer on the side can improve any pizza :lol

balli
06-02-2008, 04:59 PM
you joking? cant tell.....

there's a Sbarro's at Rivercenter mall that sells pizza by the slice......I think it's a chain....

You don't watch The Office?

Blake
06-02-2008, 05:10 PM
You don't watch The Office?

DOH! was that the episode where Michael and Dwight went to party in NY with Ryan or when he went for the job interview for Jan's job?

went right over my head

Blake
06-02-2008, 05:11 PM
The thing about Double Dave's is that they have nice beers on tap. A good beer on the side can improve any pizza :lol

now that's very true......

and you can sample 'em!!

Viva Las Espuelas
06-02-2008, 05:14 PM
The thing about Double Dave's is that they have nice beers on tap. A good beer on the side can improve any pizza :lol...........and your date

Thunder Dan
06-02-2008, 05:34 PM
DOH! was that the episode where Michael and Dwight went to party in NY with Ryan or when he went for the job interview for Jan's job?

went right over my head

actually no that's not the episode. It's the one when Michael has to go to NYC for a presentation for the new boss

mrsmaalox
06-02-2008, 05:36 PM
...........and your date

Well I can certainly understand how your dates need to be shitfaced! :D

Viva Las Espuelas
06-02-2008, 05:52 PM
guess which finger I'm holding up

Capt Bringdown
06-02-2008, 06:21 PM
If you're in Austin, Brick Oven Pizza, mmmmm.
Mangias is delish too.

Blake
06-02-2008, 06:31 PM
actually no that's not the episode. It's the one when Michael has to go to NYC for a presentation for the new boss

well honk my hooter..... that one was a couple of years back if I remember right.....??

sheez, how many episodes has Michael been to NY in? has it been more than 3?

CubanMustGo
06-02-2008, 06:35 PM
If you're in Austin, Brick Oven Pizza, mmmmm.
Mangias is delish too.

+1
+1

Brick Oven makes awesome thin crust .. pepperoni and fresh garlic FTW!!

atxrocker
06-02-2008, 06:40 PM
Mangias is delish too.

mangias made me puke once and i have not been back to that shit hole. if you're in austin, the best pizza is at conans, miltos or make the drive to round rock and visit lampost pizza. lampost is the best in the area in my opinion.

1Parker1
06-02-2008, 06:42 PM
The new Mamma Mia pizzas from Pizza Hut Rock :tu

1Parker1
06-02-2008, 06:43 PM

That's good too. :tu Unfortuntaly, here in Philly we only have these at the malls. :lol

Pistons < Spurs
06-02-2008, 06:46 PM
It's all about Pizza Hut!!! Nothing else compares. It's that buttery crust on their Pan Style that put them over the top.

atxrocker
06-02-2008, 07:18 PM
i used to love pizza hut when i was a kid, now i only eat it occassionally.

tlongII
06-02-2008, 07:25 PM
Blondie's Pizza in Sunriver!

Coach Norman Dale
06-02-2008, 07:41 PM
Pizza Italia on Thousand Oaks @ Jones Maltsberger.

Tonight is $5.99 large one topping night.

Good stuff.

Dex
06-02-2008, 07:54 PM
http://z.about.com/d/firstaid/1/0/-/5/-/-/049_2007_jenos3_160x160.jpg

Leetonidas
06-02-2008, 08:09 PM
Too bad there's no Round Table here.

N.Y. Johnny
06-02-2008, 08:10 PM

Nah I think they sold it off and its different stuff now. I Know it used to be MR. Gatti's but in Austin now that I returned over there I've seen them just called Gattis or Gattiland I think, but either way I agree with you that it isn't as good as it used to be.

Dex
06-02-2008, 08:19 PM
Nah I think they sold it off and its different stuff now. I Know it used to be MR. Gatti's but in Austin now that I returned over there I've seen them just called Gattis or Gattiland I think, but either way I agree with you that it isn't as good as it used to be.

Yeah, I think they decided to try to rip off CiCis Pizza.

I remember when you could go to Mr. Gatti's and get real pizza and watch the game on a big screen.

Now it's nothing but a buffet of hot circles of garbage, and a big room full of games for kids to waste your money.

robino2001
06-02-2008, 08:28 PM
http://z.about.com/d/firstaid/1/0/-/5/-/-/049_2007_jenos3_160x160.jpg

These were the shit growing up... unfortunately I ate one last year (the Totino's ones) and it gave me the shits... I ate one of the EColi-recall pizzas (if anyone remembers that).

Gatti's back in the day - like late 80's - were awesome. There was one on Pat Booker that had a lunch buffet for all of the military folk. My mom would pull me out of school for lunch and we'd meet my dad there - so good memories. As for chains now, I like Papa Johns if I have the choice. Domino's got old for me when they did the Two-for-Tuesday and my mom ordered pizza every Tuesday for many months on end - so it got REALLY old quick. I've liked Mangia pizza in Bergstrom, but I've eaten at the one in Round Rock twice and it was pure crap both times - all of our meals. Wife and I really like the Saccones in RR - I know there are a couple more throughout Austin - good Jersey/NE style pizza.

All the said, we'll eat a good Digornio <sp?> more than anything now - or I REALLY like the take and bake pizzas. We hit up the Papa Murphy's in RR more than any chain anymore.

ShoogarBear
06-02-2008, 08:30 PM
Guess there aren't many Chicago-style deep dish lovers in here.

Uno's was the shit, but they seem to have changed once they went nationwide.

N.Y. Johnny
06-02-2008, 08:32 PM
For anyone else that remembers in the 80's I used to like Godfather's Pizza. That was decent but it seemed to disappear now.

Oh, those eColi Totino Pizza's rock a fat ass!

Thunder Dan
06-02-2008, 09:17 PM

already mentioned, Uno's is better than Girodanos

Viva Las Espuelas
06-02-2008, 10:36 PM
http://z.about.com/d/firstaid/1/0/-/5/-/-/049_2007_jenos3_160x160.jpgback in 5th grade those rocked

leemajors
06-02-2008, 10:56 PM

i haven't been to the original since around 2000 or so, but it was beyond compare.

InRareForm
08-27-2016, 11:57 PM
What do you guys like for upscale pizza

Nbadan
08-28-2016, 12:05 AM
Mellow Mushroom in stone oak

DJR210
08-28-2016, 02:47 AM

Little Caesars if you don't mind a tux for the drive thru

SpursforSix
08-28-2016, 01:19 PM

Lol at Little Ceasars.

I've already mentioned Olive Garden. But also I'd include Carinos in that top tier.

chunticakes
08-28-2016, 02:42 PM
If you want upscale do Dough's on Blanco. Get their pork love pizza. It's pricey and the portions are small but nonetheless it's delicious. Just prepare to wait, it's always full.

If you're balling on a budget go to Goomba's. They're all over San Antonio. $6 will get you a nice combo last I checked.

SpursforSix
08-28-2016, 03:57 PM
If you want upscale do Dough's on Blanco. Get their pork love pizza. It's pricey and the portions are small but nonetheless it's delicious. Just prepare to wait, it's always full.

If you're balling on a budget go to Goomba's. They're all over San Antonio. $6 will get you a nice combo last I checked.

Bend over, I'll fucking show you a nice combo.

chunticakes
08-28-2016, 04:03 PM
Bend over, I'll fucking show you a nice combo.

Shut up and eat your Totino's.

I. Hustle
08-29-2016, 12:54 PM

Is Goomba's still around? I used to go to the original all the time. It's called Ray's now. That was a great lunch.