PDA

View Full Version : Lesson about Basketball

cajunspur
06-02-2008, 04:38 PM
In today's lesson I will discuss a few different types of offenses:

- Motion offenses - In the NBA a lot of teams use motion principles in their sets. In motion sets, there is typically a lot of back door cuts and constant movement. Most motion offenses are "if ___ then ___" offenses, where you have choice dictates the next step in the offense. For example one pass may make the next step a ball screen, and the next would cause the next step to be a back door cut. Most motion sets require all 5 players on the court to handle the ball. Some different looks for motion offenses include 5 out motion and 4 out 1 in motion to name a couple.

- Flex - Flex consists of 2 perimeter players and 3 players along the baseline. Every top to top pass results in a down screen then back screen where each spot is replaced. It is good in getting 15 footers or 3's off the down screens. It also opens up driving lanes from the outside. The Utah Jazz run a version of flex as well as the University of Tennessee.

- Zone offenses utilize ball movement as well as cuts to get open. Driving is encouraged to open up the outside shots as well as for shots near the goal. High low principles are typically used in order to get post up position with big men. You can usually get teams out of a zone with good outside shooting. If you can't shoot that well, you have to rely on more penetration and cutting.

cajunspur
06-02-2008, 04:44 PM
Why did you move this Kori? Other spurs fans could use this knowledge?

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-02-2008, 04:46 PM
Got username banned?

cajunspur
06-02-2008, 04:48 PM
Got username banned?

huh?

SAtown
06-02-2008, 04:48 PM
L O L

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-02-2008, 04:53 PM
huh?

How come you didn't log in as cajunhornetsbayou?

cajunspur
06-02-2008, 04:59 PM
How much did you learn from today's lesson?

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-02-2008, 05:00 PM
How come you didn't log in as cajunhornetsbayou?

cajunspur
06-02-2008, 05:02 PM
I was banned for knowing more about basketball than Kori Ellis

cajunspur
06-02-2008, 05:05 PM
She has also banned my avatar of her

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-02-2008, 05:05 PM
Well why must you make such a fuss about claiming to know more knowledge than her?

cajunspur
06-02-2008, 05:12 PM
Well why must you make such a fuss about claiming to know more knowledge than her?

- First because I do.
- Second because she gets paid to write for newspapers and she doesnt know that much about basketball
- Third because she banned me when I actually talked basketball. I didnt bash the spurs or anything like that
- Fourth because she is a women and should stick to the WNBA
- Fifth because she is a women and thinks she knows about men's basketball

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-02-2008, 05:15 PM
- First because I do.
Dramaqueen.

- Second because she gets paid to write for newspapers and she doesnt know that much about basketball
So then go apply for her job.

- Third because she banned me when I actually talked basketball. I didnt bash the spurs or anything like that
It's not that she doesn't like you, it's because you make such a commotion with the other Spurs fans and she didn't want that.

Sexist comments are lame. :td

xtremesteven33
- First because I do.

i love this guy...haha

balli
- First because I do.

I'd suspect the idiotic and arrogant attitude displayed in the post above had more to do with your banning than your ability to copy and paste information about offensive sets.

xtremesteven33
06-02-2008, 05:22 PM
why do yall get so offended when someone makes fun of kori...i thinks its hilarious what this guy says....kori is not God guys....haha

cajunspur
06-02-2008, 05:29 PM
I'd suspect the idiotic and arrogant attitude displayed in the post above had more to do with your banning than your ability to copy and paste information about offensive sets.

First off I did not copy and paste the information. I love how some of you guys think I copy this stuff. I know it. I know a lot about basketball. If I am arrogant, its because people like you think I copy this stuff when really it comes from my vast knowledge of basketball

cajunspur
06-02-2008, 05:32 PM
Dramaqueen.

So then go apply for her job.

It's not that she doesn't like you, it's because you make such a commotion with the other Spurs fans and she didn't want that.

Sexist comments are lame. :td

Dramaqueen? That has nothing to do with being a dramaqueen. The truth is the truth.

I dont want her job. I just dont think an unqualified woman should have a job talking about sports. Affirmative action is a bitch.

Spurs fans hate me because I know more than them.

Is it sexist if its the truth? I dont think so. People like Jemele Hill, Doris Burke and Michelle Tifoya dont know as much about sports as your average guym but are on espn because they are females. It is ridiculous.

SAtown
06-02-2008, 05:34 PM
Why did you have to be a bitch and hide the fact you're a Hornets fan?

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-02-2008, 05:34 PM
Well you keep getting banned and there's nothing you can do about women in the sports workplace. So it's either you shape up or you're outta here for good.

cajunspur
06-02-2008, 05:46 PM
Why did you have to be a bitch and hide the fact you're a Hornets fan?

I am not being a bitch. Kori would let me sign up as a hornets fan. If you sign up as a spurs fan you get approved right away. If you sign up as a hornets fan, "you don't meet the requirements to join." Its another ridiculous thing about Kori.

cajunspur
06-02-2008, 05:47 PM
there's nothing you can do about women in the sports workplace.

I can give my opinion

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-02-2008, 05:49 PM
I can give my opinion

Yes you can. But your opinion comes off as dumb and sexist to just about everybody. We frown on that at SpursTalk.

cajunspur
06-02-2008, 05:50 PM
Yes you can. But your opinion comes off as dumb and sexist to just about everybody. We frown on that at SpursTalk.

A lot of people agree with me that the women on ESPN are terrible and shouldnt be on there. You probably can't tell though since your sports knowledge is pretty weak. Anybody that knows sports knows they suck. The truth may hurt sometimes.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-02-2008, 05:52 PM
A lot of people agree with me that the women on ESPN are terrible and shouldnt be on there. You probably can't tell though since your sports knowledge is pretty weak. Anybody that knows sports knows they suck. The truth may hurt sometimes.

Just because the women at ESPN suck doesn't mean all women do.

cajunspur
06-02-2008, 05:57 PM
Just because the women at ESPN suck doesn't mean all women do.

I have read Kori's articles. They are far from knowledgeable and impressive

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-02-2008, 05:57 PM
Okay.

cajunspur
06-02-2008, 05:59 PM
Okay.

Glad to see you conceded defeat

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-02-2008, 05:59 PM
Your previous response had nothing to do with the quote. So why bother continue arguing? You can't even keep up with what you're quoting.

Kori Ellis
06-02-2008, 06:02 PM

Most people including women will agree that the women on ESPN (in general) aren't that good.

Kori Ellis
06-02-2008, 06:04 PM
Why did you move this Kori? Other spurs fans could use this knowledge?

Because it's not about Spurs basketball. It's about basketball.

You should start your own "basketball knowledge" website and post there for more exposure.

SUPERHORNETSFAN!!!!!
I am not being a bitch. Kori would let me sign up as a hornets fan. If you sign up as a spurs fan you get approved right away. If you sign up as a hornets fan, "you don't meet the requirements to join." Its another ridiculous thing about Kori.

:lmao

You're such a douchebag liar.

SUPERHORNETSFAN!!!!!
I did it easily, and now I have to take a shower because I feel dirty.

Kori Ellis
06-02-2008, 06:05 PM
If you sign up as a hornets fan, "you don't meet the requirements to join." Its another ridiculous thing about Kori.

I'm not even sure what that means. Anyone can sign up as a fan of any team. It happens everyday. We don't moderate who signs up.

balli
06-02-2008, 06:14 PM
This fucking asshole may know a lot about basketball (I remain unconvinced) but he doesn't know shit about being a decent human being. It isn't really my place around here to act authoritative, but still, I move for an IP ban.

Bitch
06-02-2008, 06:23 PM
Another West Nile victim. What a shame.

stretch
06-02-2008, 07:12 PM
This fucking asshole may know a lot about basketball (I remain unconvinced) but he doesn't know shit about being a decent human being. It isn't really my place around here to act authoritative, but still, I move for an IP ban.

I just say he should be pinked. I think he fits the description, as he is unable to show common decency.

cajunspur
06-02-2008, 07:53 PM
I'm not even sure what that means. Anyone can sign up as a fan of any team. It happens everyday. We don't moderate who signs up.

I tried to signup with the name "bighornetsfan" and I didnt get approved. Here is the exact email:

"Dear bighornetsfan,

Unfortunately your registration at SpursTalk.com - Forums did not meet our membership requirements. Therefore your registration was deleted.

Sorry,
SpursTalk.com - Forums"

You lie Kori. You are a fraud

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-02-2008, 08:21 PM

:lol

You take for granted Kori's tolerance, Cajun man.

Kori Ellis
06-02-2008, 08:28 PM
I tried to signup with the name "bighornetsfan" and I didnt get approved. Here is the exact email:

"Dear bighornetsfan,

Unfortunately your registration at SpursTalk.com - Forums did not meet our membership requirements. Therefore your registration was deleted.

Sorry,
SpursTalk.com - Forums"

:lol I have never seen that before. You should feel special.

I'm guessing it was a personal thing to you specifically. But I didn't do it - we normally keep the registration open completely. Did you use the same email address or IP address you had already been banned with?

Anyway, like I told you before - I don't care if you post here. But if we start getting complaints about you again like last time, then you'll just be deleted/banned again.

ChumpDumper
06-02-2008, 08:57 PM
Let me be the first to complain this time.

cajunhornetsgayou
06-02-2008, 09:03 PM
:elephant:elephant:elephant:elephant:elephant :elephant:elephant

I JUST COULDN'T STAY AWAY, A LONELY BITCH LIKE ME NEEDS THE ATTENTION

dickface
06-02-2008, 09:03 PM
That douchebag probably just gave the wrong answer to "are you a human?"

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-02-2008, 09:13 PM
:lol

cajunspur
06-02-2008, 09:42 PM

I JUST COULDN'T STAY AWAY, A LONELY BITCH LIKE ME NEEDS THE ATTENTION

Hey the pathetic copycat is back

cajunspur
06-02-2008, 09:43 PM
:lol I have never seen that before. You should feel special.

I'm guessing it was a personal thing to you specifically. But I didn't do it - we normally keep the registration open completely. Did you use the same email address or IP address you had already been banned with?

Anyway, like I told you before - I don't care if you post here. But if we start getting complaints about you again like last time, then you'll just be deleted/banned again.

I used a different email address and ip address. The only reason people would have to complain is that they are upset that someone knows so much more about basketball than them. If they do that, then they are being pathetic. Glad to know that you weren't the one that sent me that message Kori.

cajunspur
06-02-2008, 09:44 PM
Let me be the first to complain this time.

Chumpdumper? That has to be one of the worst usernames I have ever seen on a message board.

SAtown
06-02-2008, 09:50 PM
That douchebag probably just gave the wrong answer to "are you a human?"

cajunspur
06-02-2008, 09:51 PM

Really funny huh. Well I did give the right answer so you can quit laughing. Your sense of humor needs to improve.

SAtown
06-02-2008, 09:54 PM
There's only one answer :lmao

mavs>spurs2
06-02-2008, 10:07 PM
What a fucking pussy. Hey cajunspurs, u wanna fight?

CubanMustGo
06-02-2008, 10:13 PM
Hey the pathetic copycat is back

So if that was a "copycat" then you admit you're a "lonely bitch that needs the attention" ??

cajunspur
06-03-2008, 08:12 AM
What a fucking pussy. Hey cajunspurs, u wanna fight?

How am I a pussy? You have to love the guy that challenges someone else on the internet to a fight

cajunspur
06-03-2008, 08:12 AM
So if that was a "copycat" then you admit you're a "lonely bitch that needs the attention" ??

No his name is a copycat of my former name that was banned

dbreiden83080
06-03-2008, 10:32 AM
- First because I do.

If you think so little of her, stay the hell off the forum. You made your feelings clear, repeating yourself over and over is pointless.

cajunspur
06-03-2008, 10:54 AM
If you think so little of her, stay the hell off the forum. You made your feelings clear, repeating yourself over and over is pointless.

I was asked a question so I responded.

mavs>spurs2
06-03-2008, 10:59 AM
How am I a pussy? You have to love the guy that challenges someone else on the internet to a fight

You have the personality of a pussy. Anyone that bashes on women is insecure, small in the pants, and deserves to have his ass kicked. So like I said, do you wanna fight?

cajunspur
06-03-2008, 11:03 AM
You have the personality of a pussy. Anyone that bashes on women is insecure, small in the pants, and deserves to have his ass kicked. So like I said, do you wanna fight?

I don't have a problem with women. I have a problem with them talking sports. I have no reason to fight a person from an internet board. This is one of those things where you know we will never actually meet up to fight, so you think you can look hardcore by challenging me. You seem like a very cool guy.

mavs>spurs2
06-03-2008, 11:09 AM
I'm trying to act irrational to prove a point. Fight trolling with trolling. There is no law saying that women can't be knowledgable about sports :lol

dbreiden83080
06-03-2008, 11:11 AM
I was asked a question so I responded.

In a nasty uncalled for like fashion. You got banned before for personal attacks.

cajunspur
06-03-2008, 11:24 AM
In a nasty uncalled for like fashion. You got banned before for personal attacks.

I have never personally attacked anyone. Other people called my mom a whore and made katrina jokes.

Avery_Johnson
06-03-2008, 11:27 AM
This guy knows a lot about tha gaeme o' baasssketbawl. We should get together and dip into some o'dat gumbo and drink a few bottles o'dat berra, and talk about bassketbawl.

Avery_Johnson
06-03-2008, 11:28 AM
I have never personally attacked anyone. Other people called my mom a whore and made katrina jokes.

tha Spurs faaans are good faaanns. They probly only made those jokes cuz they was dippin into dat berra a bit too much. But they are passionate about tha gaeme of baaasssketbawl.

dbreiden83080
06-03-2008, 11:34 AM

:rolleyes:rolleyes

- "First because I do.
- Fifth because she is a women and thinks she knows about men's basketball"

You sir are hopeless.

cajunspur
06-03-2008, 11:36 AM
:rolleyes:rolleyes

- "First because I do.
- Fifth because she is a women and thinks she knows about men's basketball"

You sir are hopeless.

Those are facts and opinions. None of them are a personal attack. I have talked basketball with her on here, and she has made some ridiculous comments that she later took back. Those statements along with the articles I have read prove that she knows nothing about basketball. I feel women should stick to the wnba. That is not an attack, it is my opinion.

koriwhat
06-03-2008, 01:30 PM
Those are facts and opinions. None of them are a personal attack. I have talked basketball with her on here, and she has made some ridiculous comments that she later took back. Those statements along with the articles I have read prove that she knows nothing about basketball. I feel women should stick to the wnba. That is not an attack, it is my opinion.

it is what it is... and well speaking from the view of another who has gotten banned; MOVE THE FUCK ON! is there not a hornets forum somewhere on the net? i mean kori and i have had our little back and forth bitching but i finally opened my eyes and tried to contribute instead of pulling the offensive card and resorting to name calling/bashing. wow never thought i'd say this but grow the fuck up or find another site on the net to spew your betterbasketball™ "knowledge" cause frankly we don't give a shit here.

ps: FUCK THE HORNETS!

cajunspur
06-03-2008, 03:24 PM
i finally opened my eyes and tried to contribute instead of pulling the offensive card and resorting to name calling/bashing. wow never thought i'd say this but grow the fuck up or find another site on the net to spew your betterbasketball™ "knowledge" cause frankly we don't give a shit here.

ps: FUCK THE HORNETS!

I do contribute with my basketball lessons.

The knowledge comes from my head. How many times do I have to say that before you realize it.

Real mature with your post script.

koriwhat
06-03-2008, 03:47 PM
Real mature with your post script.

mature is realizing you ain't the only dick your wife could be sucking right now... i'm sure with all the comments you have about women she's probably off scrubbing someone else's dishes as we speak. remember your place: hornetstalk.com not spurstalk.com

ps: is this mature enough for ya? FUCK YOU & the HORNETS!

mavs>spurs2
06-03-2008, 03:55 PM
Cajun since you're definitely not trolling or anything, just here to talk basketball, let's hear your expert opinion in the Hakeem vs Duncan thread.