PDA

View Full Version : Trade for Marco Belinelli?

phxspurfan
06-02-2008, 05:03 PM
I think he has a lower value now than he had in last year's draft, and we could possibly steal him in a trade...

kaji157
06-02-2008, 05:06 PM
I think he has a lower value now than he had in last year's draft, and we could possibly steal him in a trade...

I would like the Spurs to do this but i donīt think he is on the Spurs radar, yet i think he was before the draft.

An expiring (Vaughn) or Rightīs to Splitter + our trade exception from the beno trade should be enough, he has almost no trade value.

Maybe Orlando and GS sweep shooters in Reddick and Belinelli, Orlando will end up winning in that scenario.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-02-2008, 05:06 PM
Attitude problem, no defense. Pass.

mardigan
06-02-2008, 05:08 PM
More likely I think would be trading for someone like Reddick.

Mr. Body
06-02-2008, 05:10 PM
One of the hardest trades to make is for recent draft picks.

spursfan98
06-02-2008, 05:11 PM
we dont need him he sux

kaji157
06-02-2008, 05:14 PM
Attitude problem, no defense. Pass.

Not true, he is a good defender, not great, just like Manu when he entered the league, and he doesnīt have an attitude problem, he just is a pro that resigned good money to come and play in the NBA and is pissed he wasnīt even given the chance.

This is what happens with the American fan, they donīt know a lot of things about europe players yet they always make opinion based on impressions.

Belinelli turned down a 4 million euros for 3 seasons to come to the NBA, this means that he will be getting twice as much as he gets in the NBA (remember euro contracts are tax-free).

And about the fact that he is not a willing defender you are just wrong, as a matter of fact if i have to say something about belinelli is that he is not a consistent shooter as some reports over there say, he is rather streaky as Manu.

Mr. Body
06-02-2008, 05:17 PM
He refused to play in the NBDL last year when Nelly asked him. That's part of the attitude problem. An ego.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-02-2008, 05:17 PM
Not true, he is a good defender, not great, just like Manu when he entered the league, and he doesnīt have an attitude problem, he just is a pro that resigned good money to come and play in the NBA and is pissed he wasnīt even given the chance.

This is what happens with the American fan, they donīt know a lot of things about europe players yet they always make opinion based on impressions.

Belinelli turned down a 4 million euros for 3 seasons to come to the NBA, this means that he will be getting twice as much as he gets in the NBA (remember euro contracts are tax-free).

And about the fact that he is not a willing defender you are just wrong, as a matter of fact if i have to say something about belinelli is that he is not a consistent shooter as some reports over there say, he is rather streaky as Manu.

He refused to go to the D-League because he wanted playing time. He wasn't NBA ready. Does he not know that you go to the D-League to improve when you can't do so in the NBA?

LakerHater
06-02-2008, 05:18 PM
Really!?! I'm a HUGE fan! I'd love to have him!
http://db.funformobile.com/images/smiles/cheer.gif (javascript:emoticon('form_text',':cheer:'))

urunobili
06-02-2008, 05:21 PM
He refused to play in the NBDL last year when Nelly asked him. That's part of the attitude problem. An ego.

i would edit that saying an "unhealthy" ego

kaji157
06-02-2008, 05:23 PM
He refused to go to the D-League because he wanted playing time. He wasn't NBA ready. Does he not know that you go to the D-League to improve when you can't do so in the NBA?

By this time you should know that the D-league is not even close of the Euro leagues, if he can play in the italian league he cannot improve by playing in a lesser league.

Anyway i donīt see that as an attitude problem, if a player thinks he can improve the most by training with the A team instead of playing with a B team (d-league) i am ok, a player usually knows best what is good for him.

phxspurfan
06-02-2008, 05:26 PM
Nellie is an idiot who doesn't adjust well to other types of players. If Belinelli were a 6'8" tweener, regardless of attitude, Nellie would give him all the PT he could handle.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-02-2008, 05:27 PM
By this time you should know that the D-league is not even close of the Euro leagues, if he can play in the italian league he cannot improve by playing in a lesser league.

Anyway i donīt see that as an attitude problem, if a player thinks he can improve the most by training with the A team instead of playing with a B team (d-league) i am ok, a player usually knows best what is good for him.

He wasn't getting time in the Warriors. Why would he refuse to go to the D-League where he would get like 40+ minutes? If anything, to at least go out and play. With GS, he wasn't doing shit.

phxspurfan
06-02-2008, 05:29 PM
He wasn't getting time in the Warriors. Why would he refuse to go to the D-League where he would get like 40+ minutes? If anything, to at least go out and play. With GS, he wasn't doing shit.

He doesn't fit within Don Nelson's system -- plain and simple. If we offered 6'6" Brent Barry, Nelli would give us Belinelli and a backup PG.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-02-2008, 05:30 PM
He doesn't fit within Don Nelson's system -- plain and simple. If we offered 6'6" Brent Barry, Nelli would give us Belinelli and a backup PG.

With some free agents leaving GS this offseason, I'd say it's pretty safe to think he'd be a part of their rotation now.

phxspurfan
06-02-2008, 05:31 PM
By the way Barry's trade value is sky high right now. The way he performed in his last game here and a soon-to-be expiring contract make him golden. We need to pursue that angle. We could get a lot to match his salary.

Mr. Body
06-02-2008, 05:34 PM
What is Barry's salary now?

I don't think you can trade him at this point, though. That'd be a big smack in the face.

phxspurfan
06-02-2008, 05:38 PM
What is Barry's salary now?

I don't think you can trade him at this point, though. That'd be a big smack in the face.

Actually, yeah you're right on both counts. His salary isn't high anymore now that he got traded last year. And the fact that he came back makes him pretty untradeable to an ethical organization like the Spurs.

Brent Barry

2007/2008 Salary
$179,351

2008/2009 Salary
$1,262,000

DDS4
06-02-2008, 05:43 PM
I always labelled him as a right handed Manu Ginobili.

byrontx
06-02-2008, 05:46 PM
Barry stays a Spur!

kaji157
06-02-2008, 05:56 PM
Barry is not going anywhere.

manufor3
06-02-2008, 05:59 PM
i like him, but ill pass

SenorSpur
06-02-2008, 06:00 PM
pass

spursfan98
06-02-2008, 06:00 PM
he wears an arm sleeve... Get Him!!!

spursfan98
06-02-2008, 06:01 PM
i mean mo evans lol

Bob Lanier
06-02-2008, 06:33 PM
He can do everything Michael Finley can.

Could he be the Spurs' smallball power forward of the future?

SpurOutofTownFan
06-02-2008, 07:34 PM
Barry is not going anywhere.

agree with this

spursfan98
06-02-2008, 07:35 PM
were not getting belinelli he sux

timvp
06-02-2008, 07:37 PM
Marco Belinelli is like Brent Barry if Barry couldn't pass, played worse defense, shot worse, was shorter, weighed less, and was an arrogant, pompous azzhole. Belinelli might one day be something but when Nellie benches him for shooting too many stupid shots and not playing defense, that should sound big warning sirens to the rest of the league.

Mr. Body
06-02-2008, 07:43 PM
Marco Belinelli is like Brent Barry if Barry couldn't pass, played worse defense, shot worse, was shorter, weighed less, and was an arrogant, pompous azzhole. Belinelli might one day be something but when Nellie benches him for shooting too many stupid shots and not playing defense, that should sound big warning sirens to the rest of the league.

Well said.

If Belinelli can't find time on a no-defense, high-octane, jack-em-up team like GSW he truly sucks.

SenorSpur
06-02-2008, 07:46 PM
Looks like another product of the overblown, pre-draft, hype machine

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-02-2008, 09:51 PM
Belinelli shares nothing with Manu, other than having a decent three point shot and being referred to as a Euro Kobe during his time in Italy.

The only way Belinelli got that reputation was from shooting low percentage shots and having a decent jumper.

The kid had his ego inflated before he even accomplished anything.

spursfan98
06-02-2008, 09:56 PM
The last thing we need is someone with very poor shooting percentage

angelbelow
06-03-2008, 12:20 AM
he did explode in a summer league game.

spurscenter
06-03-2008, 12:42 AM

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

HE IS A STAR IN THE MAKING

DO IT NOW

TDMVPDPOY
06-03-2008, 01:32 AM
belinelli is a scrub compared to brent barry

untill he can show winnin a slam dunk comp with a jacket on then he can be better than barry

kace
06-03-2008, 03:30 AM
i'd be really curious to know how many of you have seen him play.

this guy, like batum, is very skilled. more skilled than any others spurs player outside the big three. what players they will be is yet to be known but as prospects, they would be an incredible gift for us considering we can't draft high this year like last year.

and i still believe that they could be productive soon enough not to waste the last good years of Tim.

angelbelow
06-03-2008, 03:33 AM
i see a lot of belinello being=to finley's skills or equal to barrys shooting, that sounds great but how is his iq? is he smarter than barry? is he smarting than finley?

kobyz
06-03-2008, 03:34 AM
no thank you, he take tough shots and not play D

spurscenter
06-03-2008, 06:02 AM
hes gonna be a star, save this warning

he is gonna shine if he gets past the NBA politics

Manu Pacquiao
06-03-2008, 06:26 AM
Bellinelli is a skilled player. Fundamentally sound, a good shooter, and a great team player.

I saw him play for Italy, in the Olympics and the World Championships, and I think if he just finds a team that utilizes all his skills well, he'll be very effective.

He works very well on set plays.

spurscenter
06-03-2008, 06:31 AM
yea, he is going to be great. I saw him out in the review games last off season

great player IMO. He will shine if given PT, he be 20PPG if he played for a team like say Memphis or low seeded team.

Manu Pacquiao
06-03-2008, 06:38 AM
yea, he is going to be great. I saw him out in the review games last off season

great player IMO. He will shine if given PT, he be 20PPG if he played for a team like say Memphis or low seeded team.

I wouldnt guarantee the 20 ppg average.

But I guarantee, if he gets enough PT, touches and confidence from the coach, and he gets in the groove of the team offense, he'll be a very effective and important part of the team, whatever his ppg averages may be.

For me, a conservative estimate would be, I'd say is 12-15 ppg on his first year with a team, with significant PT.

m33p0
06-03-2008, 08:57 AM
the only advantage marco has over brent is that he is younger. brent has proven to be a gamer. coming back after being traded also has made brent a legend in the spurs organization.

MeloHype
07-24-2013, 12:51 AM
wow