PDA

View Full Version : USA or Argentina?

xtremesteven33
06-02-2008, 05:48 PM
How many of you Americans will be rooting for the Argentinian team this year? I know i will and does that make someone unpatriotic? i LOVE rooting for the underdog and the Argentinian team is the obvious underdog compared to the USA this year. and plus they have Manu Ginobili. nuff said right?

just a question

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-02-2008, 05:49 PM
US and A

spursfan98
06-02-2008, 05:50 PM
if manu plays
argentina

xtremesteven33
06-02-2008, 05:51 PM
i would hate to see Manu lose two competitions this year. plus i just love the argentinians

MannyIsGod
06-02-2008, 05:51 PM
I live in the United States of America. Fuck Argentina.

xtremesteven33
06-02-2008, 05:54 PM
i view the argentian team like i view the Golden state warriors. i know im supposed to root for spurs/usa. but i just love to see those teams play basketball and win.

bdictjames
06-02-2008, 05:58 PM
Im in the US but techically Im not American. Im pulling for China or Argentina this year.

spursfan98
06-02-2008, 05:59 PM
i would go 4 usa if they didnt cut bruce and if timmy decided to play again

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-02-2008, 06:00 PM
i would go 4 usa if they didnt cut bruce and if timmy decided to play again

I think Bruce will be trying out again.

CosmicCowboy
06-02-2008, 06:01 PM
I will root for the USA. I will also root for Argentina till they play the USA. If Manu goes for 30-10-6 against the US I will be pissed and wish he could have done that in a couple more of OUR games. If Argentina knocks off the USA I will still root for them to win it all.

spursfan98
06-02-2008, 06:02 PM
I think Bruce will be trying out again.

they better keep him on the team if they want to bring home the gold:lobt2:

EJK5032
06-02-2008, 06:10 PM
Gotta root for the USA!

but Team USA better be ready.....Manu will be back, healthy, and pissed !

I hope Team USA wins, but I hope it's payback time for Manu against Kobe. It was a shame that he wasn't healthy enough to prove all the doubters wrong again and show how good he really is in that Laker series.

Pero
06-02-2008, 06:10 PM
Im in the US but techically Im not American. Im pulling for China

:lol

Pero
06-02-2008, 06:12 PM
Why would anyone root against their own country???

SRJ
06-02-2008, 06:12 PM
In basketball, I root for both. If they meet, I'll root for the USA but if we get knocked out I am pro-Argentina.

In matters of international relations, I am unabashedly pro-USA.

xtremesteven33
06-02-2008, 06:15 PM
Its hard but i gotta go with team argentina....for manus sake

GrandeDavid
06-02-2008, 06:15 PM
USA all the way....and normally Brazil would be second, but they probably won't even qualify being that Leandro and Nene aren't even playing. While I certainly appreciate Manu's success representing his nation, I'm too disappointed in his recent play with the Spurs in the Conference Finals to give a shit, injured or not.

Go Team USA! And screw you Coach K for cutting Bruce, you b!tch.

v2freak
06-02-2008, 06:17 PM
I'll be rooting for the USA, but like EJK said, Argentina-USA will be tough. Manu seems to play a lot better with Argentina. A lot of the players on the US team I cannot stand, but it is the name on the front of the jersey, not the back.

timvp
06-02-2008, 06:19 PM
I'm as patriotic as the next guy but F Team USA. The team was basically put together by the Suns. Pop wanted either a head coaching job or an assisting coaching job with the team and they passed him over for Mike D'Antoni. They supposedly wanted a defense perimeter stopper and then cut Bowen.

My rooting interests will be: 1) Manu staying healthy and not playing many minutes. 2) Argentina winning gold. 3) If Slovenia qualifies, I'd root for them to do well. 4) Team USA getting embarrassed so it's rebuilt ... and this time not with the Suns as the model. 5) Team USA dominating so they can kill the Dream Team concept and stop sending NBA players to these lame national competitions.

Emanuel20
Of course, Argentina!

I will be in Argentina the first two weeks of August, therefore I will be rooting for Manulito and the national team.:)

I wish USA luck but do they need luck ---they got the best players on the planet. Hopefully, Argentina can come through and win by showing its capabilities as a TEAM!

spursfan98
BRUCE SHOULD BE ON USA! thats why they will lose

Magic_Johnson
06-02-2008, 06:23 PM
I'm rooting for France of course
wait... nevermind :bang

Emanuel20
06-02-2008, 06:25 PM
I'm rooting for France of course
wait... nevermind :bang

They have a solid team. I expect very good things from them in the future!

Bob Lanier
06-02-2008, 06:29 PM
Go China.

Magic_Johnson
06-02-2008, 06:31 PM
They have a solid team. I expect very good things from them in the future!

They have a solid team since 2003, but most of the french player who play in the nba have not enough playing time and they suck every year with the NT (except TP and Diaw)

1Parker1
06-02-2008, 06:32 PM
I'm as patriotic as the next guy but F Team USA. The team was basically put together by the Suns. Pop wanted either a head coaching job or an assisting coaching job with the team and they passed him over for Mike D'Antoni. They supposedly wanted a defense perimeter stopper and then cut Bowen.

My rooting interests will be: 1) Manu staying healthy and not playing many minutes. 2) Argentina winning gold. 3) If Slovenia qualifies, I'd root for them to do well. 4) Team USA getting embarrassed so it's rebuilt ... and this time not with the Suns as the model. 5) Team USA dominating so they can kill the Dream Team concept and stop sending NBA players to these lame national competitions.

:tu What he said. F Kobe. Go Manu!

I'm still raw from the loss of the Conference Finals :oops

kaji157
06-02-2008, 06:37 PM
Go China.

I like the chinese team but i think they are physically challenged, they could benefit from adding some size even if that cost them talent.

Emanuel20
06-02-2008, 06:39 PM
They have a solid team since 2003, but most of the french player who play in the nba have not enough playing time and they suck every year with the NT (except TP and Diaw)

That's sad b/c they can do some damage!
Hopefully, they can be at the next Olympics.

GrandeDavid
06-02-2008, 06:44 PM
LJ, as usual, you've got me thinking basketball on deeper terms. You know what? I'm almost with you on your feelings about Team USA and the Suns model etc. While I hope Team USA wins gold, if they don't, I won't sweat it and will get a laugh out of D'Antoni and Coach K looking stupid, especially if some perimeter player goes off and torches Team USA. That would be bittersweet.

Sway
06-02-2008, 06:59 PM
To my fellow Americans...how about you sack up and show a little pride. Here is an idea, root for your own country and let the Argentinians worry about the Argentine Team.

With that said, GO USA!!!

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-02-2008, 07:09 PM
:lol The notion of rooting for games and patriotism is a bit silly. These are sports, not war.

I've been rooting against Team USA exclusively in basketball, since the original remnances of the dream team stopped going like around 1996 2000. There's something more fun rooting for the Underdog. It became annoying when the U.S. basketball teams biggest worries were when the reporters actually addressed games where "...they didn't score over a 100!" and that was the biggest form of weakness.

Plus, some of the media bullshit/gloating is annoying from some of our Olympians in the past (Marion Jones). I like rooting for the US when there's true competition, like against another country that's also strong, or have athletes that are pretty damn good Olympians. Also the 2004 Basketball tournament was pretty fun to watch, seeing Carmelo, etc. Larry Brown losing.
I also liked seeing Pop and Timmy rooting on the sidelines for Manu the Gold Medal Tournament. It'd be cool if Manu bookends it.

Argentina all the way.

U.S. dominates everything else in the Summer games anyway, in gold medal counts etc. We only are underdogs in the Winter Olympics.

spurschick
06-02-2008, 07:20 PM
I'm as patriotic as the next guy but F Team USA.

Word. http://www.spurschick.com/argentina.gif

Mulletino
06-02-2008, 07:22 PM
Los Estados Unidos

spursfan98
06-02-2008, 07:23 PM
team usa = trash w/o bruce and timmy

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-02-2008, 07:27 PM
5) Team USA dominating so they can kill the Dream Team concept and stop sending NBA players to these lame national competitions.
:tu

That's a big reason why I stopped caring about the Basketball part of the Olympics. They need to go back to the old format of college to amateurs.

tlongII
06-02-2008, 07:30 PM
When the USA isn't playing I'll be rooting for Spain. Rudy Fernandez and Sergio Rodriquez baby!

Mulletino
06-02-2008, 07:31 PM

That's a big reason why I stopped caring about the Basketball part of the Olympics. They need to go back to the old format of college to amateurs.

The old school way.
That's where you find NBA prospects

Sway
06-02-2008, 07:42 PM
:lol The notion of rooting for games and patriotism is a bit silly. These are sports, not war.

Patriotism is love of and devotion to one's country. It does not equate to war. Anyway, I said, “show some pride,” not patriotism.

Like it or not, Team USA is representing the USA. That means you, the least you can do is cheer them on. The Argentinean support of their National Team is a good example of this. That’s all I am saying…

TheManFromAcme
06-02-2008, 07:45 PM

+1:ihit

Sway
06-02-2008, 07:47 PM
team usa = trash w/o bruce and timmy

Dude, I’m as big a fan of Timmy and Bruce as the next guy, but that comment is flat out delusional.

MarceloM!
06-02-2008, 07:47 PM
I'm Argentinian, so i will rooting for my Team. Argentina is a Team. But Usa have the most talented players. One thing is true: there is no more excuse for USA TEAM. I want an Argentina-USA final, but will be hard for Argentina beating the Usa. And will be so difficult for Argentina to reach the final. I hope Argentina would be in good shape and make a well tournament. I hope so. And i don't want to play with Team Usa til the final, cause Team Usa is a team that can eliminate my National Team.

DMX7
06-02-2008, 07:53 PM
I'm rooting for USA. I love Manu but I'm almost upset that he is playing. He has every right to but he seemed really batted up this post-season. I wish he would just get some rest and get ready for next season.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-02-2008, 07:53 PM
Patriotism is love of and devotion to one's country. It does not equate to war. Anyway, I said, “show some pride,” not patriotism.

Like it or not, Team USA is representing the USA. That means you, the least you can do is cheer them on. The Argentinean support of their National Team is a good example of this. That’s all I am saying…

I guess it depends on what your priorities are and what it means to have American pride. I'm all about competition, I'm not gonna buy an american product if we still stink at producing it. I'd say, "get better at competing with the rest of the world" But I still am proud when we excel in areas and when reading about history.

Some nations don't understand why the U.S. isn't as nationalistic or patriotic behind their teams, but I guess it has to do with some being spoiled, and the country being a mix of different ethnic groups, where you can appreciate other nations contributions etc.

I' still want the US, to dominate in medals, but unless it's war, or for the economy, I'm not going to blindly commit just because its for "devotion" or "duty's sake" .

That representation stuff, I don't take to heart. Some of the athletes are great while others are douches. I don't give a shit about that.
Carmelo doesn't represent me, when he's throwing away his bronze medal etc.
The U.S. hockey team doesn't represent me or my country when they're trashing their hotel room after a loss.

I guess I look at nationalism and freedoms to enjoy a product differently.

spursfan98
06-02-2008, 07:54 PM
until usa keeps bruce
GO Argentina

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-02-2008, 07:56 PM
until usa keeps bruce
GO Argentina

Yeah, that made me mad. Bruce really wanted it.

ElNono
06-02-2008, 07:56 PM
Argentina is just going to let JKidd shot from the perimeter... If he bites, it will be a blowout... Ask the Mavs fans around here...

spursfan98
06-02-2008, 07:58 PM
Argentina is just going to let JKidd shot from the perimeter... If he bites, it will be a blowout... Ask the Mavs fans around here...

mavs fans r idiots :lol

MarceloM!
06-02-2008, 07:58 PM

Detesto a Jason Kid. Fuck Jason Kidd!! vaamooosss argentinaaa. Olé, olé , olé, olé, olé , olé, olá, cada día te quiero más, ohhh Argentinaaa, es un sentimientooo, no puedo paraaaarrr.

Bob Lanier
06-02-2008, 08:04 PM
I like the chinese team but i think they are physically challenged, they could benefit from adding some size even if that cost them talent.
Oh, I know China's team sucks.

ElNono
06-02-2008, 08:07 PM
It's going to be the usual suspects: Spain, Greece, Italy, Argentina and USA. China might get a hand since they're at home, but they need a major hand because outside of Yao, they all suck.

MannyIsGod
06-02-2008, 08:19 PM
Argentinians have dirt floors

N.Y. Johnny
06-02-2008, 08:22 PM

x1

Hopefully the US won't embarrass itself this time around.

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
06-02-2008, 08:31 PM
From my very southern perspective, I don't understand this at all.

I wouldn't root for any other nation ever. Not even if Tim Duncan, Michael Jordan, Larry Bird and Magic Johnson played for my local club. I'd wish horrible failure on them if they stand in my country's path to a medal.

National Team>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Club

Brutalis
06-02-2008, 08:40 PM
I hope they lose and lose early. Given Manu more time to rest and think. Thinking is good.

Sway
06-02-2008, 08:41 PM

I wouldn't root for any other nation ever. Not even if Tim Duncan, Michael Jordan, Larry Bird and Magic Johnson played for my local club. I'd wish horrible failure on them if they stand in my country's path to a medal.

:tu:tu

Now that is what I am saying!

USA...USA...USA!!!

Argiebabe
06-02-2008, 09:02 PM
Argentina all the way!!!
But...if we don`t make it through USA is my second option

FJKgjD1AX08

And that`s how we root for our NT!

N.Y. Johnny
06-02-2008, 09:05 PM
Argentina all the way!!!

FJKgjD1AX08

For basketball like that too? Thats a FIFA Football crowd there! :downspin:

Sway
06-02-2008, 09:08 PM
Argentina all the way!!!

FJKgjD1AX08

That is a sweet video. Having spent many years overseas I have seen fans acting like that first hand. Nothing like it...

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-02-2008, 09:11 PM
i view the argentian team like i view the Golden state warriors. i know im supposed to root for spurs/usa. but i just love to see those teams play basketball and win.

You're dumb.

T Park
06-02-2008, 09:15 PM
USA is gonna romp to the gold medal.

Our country is ready to recapture its glory! :)

Argiebabe
06-02-2008, 09:18 PM
Well... crowds are very crazy here when it comes to sports and representing our country obviously soccer is the king of sports here but the NBL has lots of fans.

jag
06-02-2008, 09:18 PM
Why the hell would anyone root for China?? For anything

porscha
06-02-2008, 09:22 PM
I'm chinese and living in San Antonio and I will root for Argentina:lol:lol:lol

timmydidit
06-02-2008, 09:25 PM
argentina all the way.. although i wish manu would just forget about it and rest up

samikeyp
06-02-2008, 09:27 PM
I will root for both unless they play each other then I have to root for my country. If the US can't win gold then I hope the Argies do.

E20
06-02-2008, 09:36 PM
When I'm not watcing the Spurs I root for teams with players that I like. The only player on Team USA that I like is Lebron, the rest not so much. So Manu it is then. Team USA 2004 I loved (Tim Duncan + Pop).

MannyIsGod
06-02-2008, 10:52 PM
Manu = Manure

milkyway21
06-02-2008, 11:14 PM
Im in the US but techically Im not American. Im pulling for China or Argentina this year.
:lmao

Duncan is not on the team, so if Manu & Oberto will play-I'll be :cheer for the defending gold medalist Argentina for me.

but I think U.S.A will win the gold this yr.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-02-2008, 11:34 PM
Any American rooting for another country over ours should be deported.

E20
06-02-2008, 11:36 PM
Harsh.

I don't wanna know your stance on people against the war or who think the President is incompetent.

BiZNicK
06-02-2008, 11:44 PM
I'll root for both (only of Manu plays). If they happen to meet up. I hope Manu goes off for 50+.............but I'd rather have Team USA bring back the gold.

pawe
06-02-2008, 11:56 PM
GO USA!!! >>> for the sake of my US citizenship this year :toast

Spurtacus
06-03-2008, 12:01 AM
Team USA all the way!

Thompson
06-03-2008, 12:05 AM
Bruce makes the team and whispers to Manu "Pop told you not to wear yourself out this way. This is what happens" then he kicks his ankle and gives him a two week sprain.

Manu stares up at Bruce, who adds "Never go against the family again."

Go team U.S.A.

amy020
06-03-2008, 12:09 AM
argentina

velik_m
06-03-2008, 12:15 AM
USA is gonna romp to the gold medal.

Our country is ready to recapture its glory! :)

Of course they are, they will have Kobe leading them not Duncan.

:stirpot:

velik_m
06-03-2008, 12:18 AM
It's going to be the usual suspects: Spain, Greece, Italy, Argentina and USA. China might get a hand since they're at home, but they need a major hand because outside of Yao, they all suck.

Greece still needs to qualify and Italy has no chance of doing so.

misterx91578
06-03-2008, 12:22 AM
How many of you Americans will be rooting for the Argentinian team this year? I know i will and does that make someone unpatriotic? i LOVE rooting for the underdog and the Argentinian team is the obvious underdog compared to the USA this year. and plus they have Manu Ginobili. nuff said right?

just a question

do you know Argentina is the defending gold medalist in basektball? I will be rooting for the USA of course

xcoriate
06-03-2008, 12:27 AM
Bogut is going to own this bitch.

milkyway21
06-03-2008, 02:27 AM
:lol USA, China, Angola, & Spain in the same bracket

while,

Argentina vs Australia, Lithuania, Russia

I think Argentina has the the edge.
Spain is a dangeous team, IMO

The_Game
06-03-2008, 02:33 AM
all you guys are a bunch of manu groupies

makes me sick

mathbzh
06-03-2008, 02:45 AM
As a french fan I will root for team USA... for a stupid reason. I think basketball need a strong team USA to be under the spotlight like it was in the early 90s.

angelbelow
06-03-2008, 02:53 AM
im from the US but i'll be happy if argentina sucessfully defends their title.

Pero
06-03-2008, 04:10 AM
:lol USA, China, Angola, & Spain in the same bracket

while,

Argentina vs Australia, Lithuania, Russia

I think Argentina has the the edge.
Spain is a dangeous team, IMO

Uh, Australia, Lithuania, Russia>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>China, Angola

BigBigSpur
06-03-2008, 07:17 AM
Vamos Argentina!
Manu, we will wait for you in Beijing.
Please Defend it!

urunobili
06-03-2008, 08:07 AM
I'm rooting for USA. I love Manu but I'm almost upset that he is playing. He has every right to but he seemed really batted up this post-season. I wish he would just get some rest and get ready for next season.

sorry but that is what makes Manu being Manu... he gets his fire from this kind of challenges...

Team USA will face the world champs in Spain...
Argentina will face the euro champs in Russia...

i am rooting for Argentina but... it's obvious this year it's almost impossible for team USA not to recapture the gold... i think there will be tough decisions on their roster making (yet again) that can fuck up (as always) the chemistry of the team (PG mostly to choose Billups, J-Kidd, Deron, CP3)...

In a final game i think the US team will win... like 2004... if they face in the semi finals... that is a different story.. Argentina would have nothing to lose yet again on that stage...

Also in favor of Team USA.... the NBA has invested a whole bunch of money in China... we may see yet again a Crawford like incident... :stirpot:

spurschick
06-03-2008, 08:47 AM

Just exercising my freedom as an American. That is what we Americans pride ourselves on, is it not? The freedom to choose?

21_Blessings
06-03-2008, 08:49 AM
Bunch of a fucking communists in this thread

GrandeDavid
06-03-2008, 09:25 AM

Don't include me on this list. I'm Team USA all the way, with Brazil in second place. In fact, I'm so disappointed in Manu's performance for whatever reason in the WCF that in a way I'm hoping he doesn't even play in the Olympics. But that would be cold to Argentina, so I don't think I really mean that.

But I am for Team USA all the way, although I think K, D'Antoni and some of those players are cocks.

MarceloM!
06-03-2008, 09:46 AM
sorry but that is what makes Manu being Manu... he gets his fire from this kind of challenges...

Team USA will face the world champs in Spain...
Argentina will face the euro champs in Russia...

i am rooting for Argentina but... it's obvious this year it's almost impossible for team USA not to recapture the gold... i think there will be tough decisions on their roster making (yet again) that can fuck up (as always) the chemistry of the team (PG mostly to choose Billups, J-Kidd, Deron, CP3)...

In a final game i think the US team will win... like 2004... if they face in the semi finals... that is a different story.. Argentina would have nothing to lose yet again on that stage...

Also in favor of Team USA.... the NBA has invested a whole bunch of money in China... we may see yet again a Crawford like incident... :stirpot:

Che, Urunobili, la murga y el candombe es de Uruguay, no de Argentina. Quien dijo eso???

xtremesteven33
06-03-2008, 10:27 AM
Ole, Ole, Ole, Ole, Ole!!

GrandeDavid
06-03-2008, 11:20 AM
More than hoops, I can't wait to see Jeremy Wariner kick ass in the 400.

urunobili
06-03-2008, 11:52 AM
Che, Urunobili, la murga y el candombe es de Uruguay, no de Argentina. Quien dijo eso???

listen to la bersuit and your new artists there... you don't need an official declaration from the government as they did with Tango and Mate lacking respect to us as it should have been a shared credit....

u try to get everything good we have and THAT makes y'all thieves... Victor Hugo (your best soccer broadcaster) is not even Argie! China Zorrilla, Enzo (you wish) the list is huge mate i could go on all day... :devil:

gaKNOW!blee
06-03-2008, 11:55 AM
Fuck Argentina. U.S.A!

MarceloM!
06-03-2008, 12:05 PM
Uru, podrías ser más piola y escribir en español, o ya te olvidaste? muchos pueden decir muchas cosas , pero el candombe y la murga son uruguayos. Es verdad que lo del mate y el tango es algo compartido, como muchas otras cosas, son cosas más bién del Rio de la Plata. Eso si, no me van a venir a decir también que el Che Guevara, Gardel, Eva, el Diego o Cortazar son uruguayos porque sería lo único que falta. He notado muchas veces cierto resentimiento en algunos uruguayos con respecto a estas y otras cosas, lo cual no está bueno. No me parece mal que haya algún tipo de rivalidad en ciertos aspectos, deportivos, culturales, etc.., pero a veces pareciera que se detectara algún resentimiento de origen cultural que tendrá que ver quizás con la etapa misma de formación de ambos estados y encima ahora están esas posiciones encontradas con respecto a las papeleras que exacerban la estupidez reinante en mucha gente a ambos lados del Río. Mas allá de todo, los logros como pais o de las personalidades deberian ser festejados y admirados independientemente de la nacionalidad de los mismos tomándolos como logros de esta región del sur del mundo. Para mí , por ejemplo, es un orgullo un tipo como Eduardo Galeano, que es uruguayo y otros tantos personajes destacables como él, como China Zorrilla, Perciavalle, El Enzo, etc..

Cherry
06-03-2008, 12:08 PM
Argentina.

btw, the Spain coach was fired!:wow
http://www.elmundo.es/elmundodeporte/2008/06/03/baloncesto/1212487757.html

urunobili
06-03-2008, 12:20 PM
pero a veces pareciera que se detectara algún resentimiento. el resentimiento sobre ESTE tema en particular nace del momento en que el estado argentino lo intento patentar como algo suyo y no compartido... aca creemos en el "nuestro" pero uds tomaron acciones para que sea "suyo" cachay?

urunobili
06-03-2008, 12:25 PM
Argentina.

btw, the Spain coach was fired!:wow
http://www.elmundo.es/elmundodeporte/2008/06/03/baloncesto/1212487757.html

this is actually good news for Team USA... :downspin:

MarceloM!
06-03-2008, 12:44 PM
el resentimiento sobre ESTE tema en particular nace del momento en que el estado argentino lo intento patentar como algo suyo y no compartido... aca creemos en el "nuestro" pero uds tomaron acciones para que sea "suyo" cachay?

No sé nada respecto de el tema patentes del que hablás. Lo mismo podrían opinar los paraguayos, para ellos el mate también es de ellos, y en cierta parte de Brasil también es parte de su cultura.
Pero volviendo a lo que escribiste más arriba. Decir que somos ladrones no ayuda mucho. No somos ladrones, hay ladrones como los hay en tu país también y eso no debería darle orgullo a nadie. Por lo tanto decir "ustedes son ladrones" para adjetivar a una nación no corresponde. No hace falta decir que Victor Hugo es uruguayo y que es el "mejor relator" que tenemos en Argentina. Tampoco alardear por China, ambos eligieron trabajar en Argentina y les ha ido muy bien, porque siguen acá, como muchos otros uruguayos, sino, estarían en su país, no?. Han sido recibidos y bien tratados. Y son como un argentino más, estas son las cosas que más deberían destacarse, la fraternidad entre pueblos hermanos, más allá de miserias y resentimientos.

urunobili
06-03-2008, 01:22 PM
No sé nada respecto de el tema patentes del que hablás. Lo mismo podrían opinar los paraguayos, para ellos el mate también es de ellos, y en cierta parte de Brasil también es parte de su cultura.
Pero volviendo a lo que escribiste más arriba. Decir que somos ladrones no ayuda mucho. No somos ladrones, hay ladrones como los hay en tu país también y eso no debería darle orgullo a nadie. Por lo tanto decir "ustedes son ladrones" para adjetivar a una nación no corresponde. No hace falta decir que Victor Hugo es uruguayo y que es el "mejor relator" que tenemos en Argentina. Tampoco alardear por China, ambos eligieron trabajar en Argentina y les ha ido muy bien, porque siguen acá, como muchos otros uruguayos, sino, estarían en su país, no?. Han sido recibidos y bien tratados. Y son como un argentino más, estas son las cosas que más deberían destacarse, la fraternidad entre pueblos hermanos, más allá de miserias y resentimientos.

resentimiento de mi parte niguno... mi firma es una broma a TODOS... yo soy hincha de independiente (voy a la cancha 2, 3 veces al año) y tengo una CANTIDAD de amigos argentinos... los uruguayos nos vamos para ahi porque nos sentimos queridos cosa que aca no pasa... y no generalizo a todo el pueblo argentino por tener gobiernos de mierda ya que pasa aca tambien... aca da bronca el porteño que no nos respeta como pais sino que se piensa y actua como si fueramos otra provincia.. eso es lo que genera resentimientos...

FYI en paraguay tienen terere no mate... el sur de brasil (rio grande do sul), y entre el norte de la provincia de buenos aires hasta cordoba era todo territorio de "la banda oriental" y eramos todos el mismo pais... Ronaldinho seria uruguayo si Rivera no se hubiera emborrachado y perdido esas tierras cno los portugueses!!! jajajajaj

relax buddy... this is a Spurs board and we should be talking about basketball... if you have more questions or want links for the Argie government trying to officialize mate and Tango as Argentinean ONLY belongings PM me and i'll shed some light on the issue for you...

The Franchise
06-03-2008, 01:50 PM

Give me my ticket. I'll take Africa!!!:toast

chaco
06-03-2008, 02:34 PM

root for leBRONZE

21_Blessings
06-03-2008, 03:49 PM
root for leBRONZE

Try as he might, Kobe won't let Lebronze come home with yet another bronze failure.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-03-2008, 03:53 PM
Le Bron Silver has a nice ring to it.

Sway
06-03-2008, 08:17 PM
Give me my ticket. I'll take Africa!!!:toast

LOL! Dude, come on, can you even find Africa on a map?

You know if you really dislike it in the USA that much you can leave and never come back. It is a free country after all.

N.Y. Johnny
06-03-2008, 08:57 PM
Bunch of a fucking communists in this thread

Red Bastards. Its like the 1980's all over again. :lol

kuato
06-05-2008, 11:11 AM
Any American rooting for another country over ours should be deported. American ? , America or "the americas" is a continent, not a country. :p: , so if you say americans you are talkin about every person living in "the Americas"

kuato
06-05-2008, 11:17 AM
Uru, podrías ser más piola y escribir en español, o ya te olvidaste? muchos pueden decir muchas cosas , pero el candombe y la murga son uruguayos. Es verdad que lo del mate y el tango es algo compartido, como muchas otras cosas, son cosas más bién del Rio de la Plata. Eso si, no me van a venir a decir también que el Che Guevara, Gardel, Eva, el Diego o Cortazar son uruguayos porque sería lo único que falta. He notado muchas veces cierto resentimiento en algunos uruguayos con respecto a estas y otras cosas, lo cual no está bueno. No me parece mal que haya algún tipo de rivalidad en ciertos aspectos, deportivos, culturales, etc.., pero a veces pareciera que se detectara algún resentimiento de origen cultural que tendrá que ver quizás con la etapa misma de formación de ambos estados y encima ahora están esas posiciones encontradas con respecto a las papeleras que exacerban la estupidez reinante en mucha gente a ambos lados del Río. Mas allá de todo, los logros como pais o de las personalidades deberian ser festejados y admirados independientemente de la nacionalidad de los mismos tomándolos como logros de esta región del sur del mundo. Para mí , por ejemplo, es un orgullo un tipo como Eduardo Galeano, que es uruguayo y otros tantos personajes destacables como él, como China Zorrilla, Perciavalle, El Enzo, etc..

No te enojes con la gente de Uruguay, provincia de Argentina. :P , na joda, pero siempre le hago ese chiste a una amiga uruguaya y se re calienta.
Sorry to the anglo people for the spanish. :P

Budkin
06-05-2008, 11:47 AM
I will never root against my own country. I'll root for Argentina in every game they play other than versus us.

21_Blessings
06-05-2008, 11:49 AM
American ? , America or "the americas" is a continent, not a country. :p: , so if you say americans you are talkin about every person living in "the Americas"

United States of North and South America. Obama for President of Space in 2012

bdictjames
06-05-2008, 11:51 AM
Yes, this is the concept of liberty America was born on. :lol

xtremesteven33
06-05-2008, 12:09 PM
rooting for another country does not reflect your patriotism.

voting for Bush shows your "patriotism"

smeagol
06-05-2008, 12:25 PM
Argentina, manga de maricones . . . !

kace
06-05-2008, 04:01 PM

a WCF against the lakers seemed not so bad as a challenge for getting his fire from...

urunobili
06-06-2008, 07:29 AM
a WCF against the lakers seemed not so bad as a challenge for getting his fire from...

yeah he tanked it to have fuel for the Olympics... :wakeup

kuato
06-07-2008, 02:56 AM
United States of North and South America. Obama for President of Space in 2012 Well, here in Argentina we have Google and MTV regional headquarters, soon we will be cashing our salaries in "ameros" :whine ! I can`t wait for "Los Espuelas" basketball team when the NBA assimilates all the Latin American leagues. :P

dg7md
06-07-2008, 06:19 AM
All about Argentina in this series, great country.

Most of the US doesn't give a damn about the Olympics in general so don't let the US take from what is an honor for the people.

People who are even talking about how we can't root for other countries, or that it's wrong to in this country is goddam hypocrisy. There could be family roots, player origins and other reasons at play for the reasoning for cheering over a country not the USA.

MacGyver
06-07-2008, 06:50 AM
Forza Italia!

Sway
06-07-2008, 10:17 AM
All about Argentina in this series, great country.

Most of the US doesn't give a damn about the Olympics in general so don't let the US take from what is an honor for the people.

People who are even talking about how we can't root for other countries, or that it's wrong to in this country is goddam hypocrisy. There could be family roots, player origins and other reasons at play for the reasoning for cheering over a country not the USA.

Other Reasons at Play = HATERS!