PDA

View Full Version : Any recent news on Spanoulis?

Kindergarten Cop
06-02-2008, 05:59 PM
Initially it was reported that he had no intentions to ever play in the NBA again and I assumed that he was just used as salary filler in the trade with Houston, but I remember reading a piece a few months ago about him perhaps reconsidering and wanting to join the Spurs this coming season. It makes sense for both sides. Does anyone have any recent update on the situation? Thanks in advance for and obviously your input will be appreciated.:flag:

Pero
06-02-2008, 06:10 PM
Oh my Lord noooooooooo!!!!!!! Why did you have to post a topic on V-Spam?!?

kaji157
06-02-2008, 06:13 PM
Initially it was reported that he had no intentions to ever play in the NBA again and I assumed that he was just used as salary filler in the trade with Houston, but I remember reading a piece a few months ago about him perhaps reconsidering and wanting to join the Spurs this coming season. It makes sense for both sides. Does anyone have any recent update on the situation? Thanks in advance for and obviously your input will be appreciated.:flag:

I read the same as you but i am not sure if there is any recent news about it.
He sure is in a great team in Phan and i doubt he comes over if a lot of PT is not offered and the Spurs cannot guarantee that.

spursfan98
06-02-2008, 06:13 PM
VSPAN SUX! we only aquired him to free up some salary cap issues we knew he wanted to go back to wherever the hell he came from and he's not coming back! especially not with the spurs!

stxspurs
06-02-2008, 09:17 PM
seems like rocket fans want him back....he has to be somewhat good. i think kill bill overexposure left the fans not wanting billy....i dont know....what ive seen he isnt all that bad...better than vaughn to backup parker

spursfan98
06-02-2008, 09:18 PM
rockets can have him back

smrattler
06-02-2008, 09:21 PM
I see the future... Kill Billy vol. 2 post coming soon.

K-State Spur
06-02-2008, 09:25 PM
I see the future... Kill Billy vol. 2 post coming soon.

there is certainly some good bait in this thread.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-02-2008, 09:27 PM
Yup, this thread is a ticking time bomb.

ElNono
06-02-2008, 09:33 PM
Somebody Lock/Delete this thread before it's too late...

stxspurs
06-02-2008, 10:14 PM
im suprised KBP isnt up in here

jag
06-02-2008, 10:45 PM
KBP has turned Spurstalk against V-span.

He's gonna nut his pants when he sees this thread.

stxspurs
06-02-2008, 11:17 PM
thats what i said but if he is better than vaughn...why not? unless we get a sweet FA

angelbelow
06-02-2008, 11:18 PM
hes not THAT bad..

Kindergarten Cop
06-02-2008, 11:24 PM
I apologize for this thread, because it appears that I unknowingly struck a nerve with several posters. I had no intentions on starting a flame war or causing problems - I was genuinely curious. With all of the talk about the Spurs needing to get younger, I had wondered if people had forgotten that we actually had his rights and he had recently voiced a possibility (perhaps only a small one) of joining our team. I check in to SpursTalk from time to time, but I must have missed the feud in regards to Spanoulis. Again, I apologize for delving into a sensitive topic.

mystargtr34
06-02-2008, 11:25 PM
Accoring to Kill Bill hes better than Parker.

Lets sign him.

Kori Ellis
06-02-2008, 11:27 PM
I apologize for this thread, because it appears that I unknowingly struck a nerve with several posters. I had no intentions on starting a flame war or causing problems - I was genuinely curious. With all of the talk about the Spurs needing to get younger, I had wondered if people had forgotten that we actually had his rights and he had recently voiced a possibility (perhaps only a small one) of joining our team. I check in to SpursTalk from time to time, but I must have missed the feud in regards to Spanoulis. Again, I apologize for delving into a sensitive topic.

Don't worry. There's just a Greek poster here who is friends with Spanoulis who has flooded us with (useless) info about him pretty regularly.

Spanoulis is very skilled, though I don't know if he has the mental makeup for the NBA. The Spurs don't have his rights though. They didn't draft him. They just traded for/waived him. Supposedly he does have interest in coming to the NBA but not for cheap.

DaDakota
06-02-2008, 11:30 PM
The guy has ALL star potential, he is an aggressive player who is big, quick and smart.

He got ZERO chance under JVG, he would be the Rockets starting PG right now, and a guy that you guys could play with Manu, Parker and Duncan.....you would have 4 penetrating players.

DD

bigdog
06-03-2008, 12:08 AM
no way he has all star potential.

he's a good shooter, but that's all I'll give him credit for. He turned us down the first time and made us release him, so fuck him. I'll put him in the Javtokas/Splitter category.

angelbelow
06-03-2008, 02:32 AM
no way he has all star potential.

he's a good shooter, but that's all I'll give him credit for. He turned us down the first time and made us release him, so fuck him. I'll put him in the Javtokas/Splitter category.

are far as talent or as far as likely to never play in the nba

hsxvvd
06-03-2008, 05:46 AM
News Flash: He's Shit.

mountainballer
06-03-2008, 05:51 AM
there is only one Greek player I would like to see at the Spurs and he is a FA this summer:
Dimitris Diamantidis.
however, word is that he isn't looking to join the NBA and considering the money he's making currently (2 million Euros net. that's 3.3 M$ net. I guess that's about the equal of a MLE contract gross?), he won't be an option. but I see him as a much better fit.

Bruno
06-03-2008, 06:11 AM
Panthinaikos is playing the Greek league final against Olympiacos. The best of 5 series is tied 2-2 and the last game will be played tomorrow.
If Pana lost this game, it will have been a disastrous season for them.

I don't think Spanoulis will come in NBA next season and while I wanted him last summer, I'm not sure it is still the case after his very average season.

Right now, I don't have a clue on how spurs will solve their backup PG troubles. I don't see them drafting a player like Chalmers with the 26th pick and the free agent PG poll is very limited this year.

Tyler_Durden
06-03-2008, 06:30 AM
Spanoulis is on the Spurs roster in NBA Live 08 for PS3.

stxspurs
06-03-2008, 07:07 AM
well lets see how he does in the olympics. i believe he does have a "handshake" agreement with the spurs to give them first crack at him...according to KBP

remingtonbo2001
06-03-2008, 07:19 AM
Where's KBP?

I need some amusement. :jack

bigdog
06-03-2008, 07:33 AM
We don't need Spanoulis, period.

stxspurs
06-03-2008, 09:10 AM
i would rather not have vaughn backing up parker....

Indazone
06-03-2008, 09:13 AM
This Thread Certified Kill Bill Ready

stxspurs
06-03-2008, 09:20 AM
maybe jj reddick can be picked up........KBP in shocked u r not here