PDA

View Full Version : T.O. gets new 3 year deal

mardigan
06-02-2008, 06:47 PM
Owens agrees to four-year deal with Dallas Cowboys

06:53 PM CDT on Monday, June 2, 2008
By TODD ARCHER / The Dallas Morning News

Terrell Owens will have a chance to retire a Cowboy, just as he has wished.

The Dallas Cowboys and the veteran receiver agreed to a four-year deal on Monday according to two sources.

Owens, who turns 35 in December, was entering the final year of three-year, $25 million deal he received in 2006 and was scheduled to receive a $3 million roster bonus tuesday in addition to a base salary of $4 million.

In two seasons with the Cowboys, Owens has 166 catches for 2,535 yards and 28 touchdowns. He holds the team’s single-season record with 15 touchdown receptions, set last year. In 15 games in 2007 Owens caught 81 passes for 1,355 yards and was named to the Pro Bowl for the sixth time in his career. He also had four straight 100-yard receiving games and his 45 100-yard games are tied for third-most among active players (Indianapolis’ Marvin Harrison has 59).

Owens came to the Cowboys after much-publicized run-ins with management, coaches and teammates in San Francisco and Philadelphia. After a tumultuous 2006 season, in which he fought a broken hand, torn tendons in a finger and, at times, the coaching staff, Owens became a leader of sorts under new coach Wade Phillips, coordinator Jason Garrett and receivers coach Ray Sherman.

In 11 seasons, Owens ranks ninth in NFL history with 882 catches for 13,070 yards and 129 touchdowns. Only former teammate Jerry Rice (197) and Cris Carter (130) have more touchdown catches in NFL history. With another 13-touchdown catch season in 2008, he would join Rice as the only receivers in league history with eight seasons of 13 or more TD grabs.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/football/cowboys/stories/060308dnspoowens.551677bf.html

Whoops, guess it was 4 years.

mardigan
06-02-2008, 07:07 PM
Cowboys give Owens new 4-year, $34 million deal
ESPN.com news services

Updated: June 2, 2008, 8:03 PM ET

This is definitely not the same T.O.

Without the controversy that led to his departure from Philadelphia, Terrell Owens quietly received a new contract with the Dallas Cowboys on Monday, team sources told ESPN's Michael Smith.

The wide receiver was slated to earn $7 million this season in the last year of his contract, but he now receives a four-year, $34 million deal. Owens is slated to earn $27 million over the next three seasons, making him -- along with Randy Moss, Javon Walker and Larry Fitzgerald -- one of the highest paid wide receivers in the league.

Owens will receive $12.9 million to sign and $100,000 of his $830,000 2008 base salary guaranteed, for a total of $13 million guaranteed. He is now under contract through 2011.

In 2004, Owens was heading into the second year of a seven-year, $48.97 million contract with the Eagles when he began squawking about a new deal. He showed up for training camp wearing camouflage, signifying he was at war with the organization, and wound up getting sent home, leading to the bizarre scene of him giving interviews while doing sit-ups in his driveway. The saga dragged on for months, ending with a suspension, then his release.

He signed a three-year, $25 million contract with Dallas in March 2005 and has certainly lived up to it, leading the team in receiving both years while piling up club records. His 28 touchdown catches over the last two seasons are more than any other receiver, and that includes Moss, who set the league record for TDs in a single-season last year.

Michael Smith covers the NFL for ESPN. Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3423170

Evan
06-02-2008, 07:08 PM
Dallas Cowboys.com

Big Shot Blurbs
Owens Expected To Sign 3-Year Extension

This from Nick Eatman...

The Cowboys are expected to sign Pro Bowl wide receiver Terrell Owens to a three-year extension, with a press conference likely scheduled for Tuesday.

The three-year portion of Owens' new contract is expected to be in the neighborhood of Randy Moss' three-year, $27 million deal with New England which included a $12 million signing bonus and a total package of $15 million in guarantees.

Moss caught an NFL-record 20 touchdown passes last season, while Owens set a Cowboys single-season record with 15 touchdowns. Owens, who turns 35 in December, was due a $3 million roster bonus today and was expected to count $9.1 million against the salary cap in the final year of a three-year, $25 million deal signed back in 2006.

Evan
06-02-2008, 07:08 PM
Well deserved for TO

StylisticS
06-02-2008, 09:31 PM
$15 million for TO? That's a fuckin bargain. Great Job Jerry.

Horry For 3!
06-02-2008, 09:47 PM
You will be seeing a lot more Romo to Owens = TD

Squid
06-02-2008, 10:03 PM
Have all you people forgotten that he is 35? He has been near the top of the league in drops the past couple of seasons and age will catch up to him this season. A 4 year deal? :lmao

Maybe Jerry Jones should've ponied up some of that cash to find a decent number 2 WR, or is he going to give Terry Glenn a 4 year extension as well?

Vinnie_Johnson
06-02-2008, 10:16 PM
Have all you people forgotten that he is 35? He has been near the top of the league in drops the past couple of seasons and age will catch up to him this season. A 4 year deal? :lmao

Maybe Jerry Jones should've ponied up some of that cash to find a decent number 2 WR, or is he going to give Terry Glenn a 4 year extension as well?

Oh yeah 35 old man can't run he has lost a step.:lmao Great signing by Jerry.

possessed
06-02-2008, 11:16 PM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/to.jpg

I guess now he can afford that special hat he always wanted.

Spurtacus
06-02-2008, 11:42 PM
Looks like he'll retire a Cowboy. Not realy sure how I feel about that...

O-Factor
06-03-2008, 12:42 AM
Glad this deal got done.

DBryant88
06-03-2008, 08:47 AM
To+tr=td

Evan
06-03-2008, 08:49 AM

Yeah he has dropped some balls, no doubt.

But have you paid attention to what else he has done?

"His 28 touchdown catches over the last two seasons are more than any other receiver, and that includes Moss, who set the league record for TDs in a single-season last year. "

I'll take a drop for every td

jack sommerset
06-03-2008, 10:36 AM
Owens without question gets more crap than anyone in league. Contracts mean crap in the NFL. I guess its cool for TO but they can cut him anytime and all he sees is the signing part.

Look at Seattles former rb Alexander. Signed a 67 million dollar contract a year ago. Cut the year after. Happens everyday in NFL. What makes me laugh is the media actually cover the contracts. I bet half of the million dollar contracts are cancelled in NFL

midgetonadonkey
06-03-2008, 10:38 AM
Yeah he has dropped some balls, no doubt.

But have you paid attention to what else he has done?

"His 28 touchdown catches over the last two seasons are more than any other receiver, and that includes Moss, who set the league record for TDs in a single-season last year. "

I'll take a drop for every td

How many playoff wins has he led them two these past two years?

Evan
06-03-2008, 10:43 AM

What does that have to do with TO and this contract? If TO were released today the line would form to the left for teams to grab him.

Vinnie_Johnson
06-03-2008, 10:48 AM

:lmao Yeah that's TO'S Fault.

O-Factor
06-03-2008, 10:53 AM

Hey, worry about your shitty team, not our superior one.

Spuradicator
06-03-2008, 11:24 AM

And who is your team and what have they done lately?

midgetonadonkey
06-03-2008, 11:30 AM
And who is your team and what have they done lately?

They have won as many playoff games as the Cowboys since 2002.

Spuradicator
06-03-2008, 11:38 AM

Did you forget you were not logged in at your troll Squid? :lmao

outed

midgetonadonkey
06-03-2008, 11:40 AM
Did you forget you were not logged in at your troll Squid? :lmao

outed

Oh yeah I was outed. Because nobody knows I'm Squid. Dumbshit.

Avery_Johnson
06-03-2008, 11:41 AM
I'm responsible for TO's success.

Spuradicator
06-03-2008, 11:46 AM
Oh yeah I was outed. Because nobody knows I'm Squid. Dumbshit.

Don't get pissy.

peewee's lovechild
06-03-2008, 03:54 PM

How many winning seasons have the Texans had since they came into the league?

Yea, loser talk coming from you like always.

midgetonadonkey
06-03-2008, 08:19 PM
I've been a Bucs fan since hey came in the league.

peewee's lovechild
06-04-2008, 08:37 AM
^^

This comming from the guy who's supposed such a huge Spurs fan but turned his back on them at the start of the 4th Quarter during game 5.

You're support of your "supposed team" really showed.

You bailed out on them pretty quick.

I'll probably be seeing you in a Celtic jersey soon.
Will it be a Garnett or Pierce jersey?