PDA

View Full Version : For all of those who say "Trade Manu"

TDfan2007
06-02-2008, 11:47 PM
Fuck that.

Manu is our fiercest competitor. On a team like ours where players seem to use the regular season as an afterthought, he is a necessity.

On top of his fiercely competetive nature, he's the team's 2nd best passer (after Brent) and seems to have the best on-court chemistry with Tim.

Playing on a jammed ankle against NBA-level competition is next to impossible so you guys who say we should trade Manu are either idiots or have never tried to play ball with an injured or recently injured ankle.

You tend second-guess every move, often instictively favoring your other foot. Shots are either too flat or too high because you try to overcompensate for the lack of lift you have.

In other words playing with an injured ankle is extremely difficult, ESPECIALLY if it's bone-related (i.e. an ankle jam).

I honestly can't believe that you guys are giving up on a guy who has given his all to this franchise.

Spurtacus
06-02-2008, 11:49 PM
I agree. Thank you.

ducks
06-02-2008, 11:58 PM
Fuck that.

Manu is our fiercest competitor. On a team like ours where players seem to use the regular season as an afterthought, he is a necessity.

On top of his fiercely competetive nature, he's the team's 2nd best passer (after Brent) and seems to have the best on-court chemistry with Tim.

Playing on a jammed ankle against NBA-level competition is next to impossible so you guys who say we should trade Manu are either idiots or have never tried to play ball with an injured or recently injured ankle.

You tend second-guess every move, often instictively favoring your other foot. Shots are either too flat or too high because you try to overcompensate for the lack of lift you have.

In other words playing with an injured ankle is extremely difficult, ESPECIALLY if it's bone-related (i.e. an ankle jam).

I honestly can't believe that you guys are giving up on a guy who has given his all to this franchise.
pop wanted to trade david robinson

Spurtacus
06-03-2008, 12:00 AM
pop wanted to trade david robinson

I think Pop is a little more wiser now.

amy020
06-03-2008, 12:04 AM
I agree. what a wonderful player manu is! It's really crazy to trade him.

jag
06-03-2008, 12:09 AM
I think Pop is a little more wiser now.

http://spursinfo.com/presti/photos/060327/scola/gallery1/scola1.jpg

ducks
06-03-2008, 12:15 AM
I agree. what a wonderful player manu is! It's really crazy to trade him.

I doubt spurs resign him
I do not think they will trade him now
right before his contract up to get something for him
but spurs pay close to 11 million a year need to play more then 20 minutes a game
spurs are not new yokr

timvp
06-03-2008, 12:22 AM
The only way I trade Manu is if it's an overwhelming deal that basically guarantees a championship next year. That is very unlikely to happen so he's a keeper.

Typhoon
06-03-2008, 12:23 AM
I agree.

Blackjack
06-03-2008, 12:51 AM
Anyone who thinks it's a good idea to trade Manu is..... Well... How do I say this politely? AN ABSOLUTE MORON!!!

Manu was the best closer in the league this year,(check the stats) and you'll never get equal value for him.

Tim is the franchise, who always gives us a shot at winning a championship. While Manu is the heart and soul, who takes the shot, to win a championship.

I'm riding with Manu till the wheels fall off. :flag:

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-03-2008, 12:59 AM
The only way I trade Manu is if it's an overwhelming deal that basically guarantees a championship next year. That is very unlikely to happen so he's a keeper.

I'd trade Manu for the guaranteed fifth championship.
(but they need to mail Manu the finals MVP for making it all happen)

angelbelow
06-03-2008, 04:20 AM
I'd trade Manu for the guaranteed fifth championship.
(but they need to mail Manu the finals MVP for making it all happen)

haha good one.

Tyler_Durden
06-03-2008, 06:32 AM
I firmly agree with the "fuck that" sentiment.

SpurAddict561
06-03-2008, 07:02 AM
wow...this thread has to be a joke

are you idiots serious? TRADE MANU?!

urunobili
06-03-2008, 07:49 AM
any poster with a trade manu post should be banned 24 hrs! :ban:

tav1
06-03-2008, 08:43 AM

It's unlikey to happen, all agree. *Some* of us who advocate the Spurs consider all their options this offseason, including what options they have with Manu, are basically saying this same thing.

For those defending Manu, chill out. Everyone here loves him. He's my favorite player in the league, by far. I record games and rewatch them with my 5 year old son so that he can see his spirit and fire. But greater than my admiration of Ginobli is my desire to see the Spurs win more championships in the Duncan era. Although it's unlikely, there might be a bold move out there that would help them do that.

This is a crucial offseason. If the Spurs mistep this offseason, they won't win a title until at least 2010, if ever again in the Duncan era. It's also the case that teams in the West have improved dramatically. The Spurs need to take that seriously and figure out what options are at their disposal.

MarceloM!
06-03-2008, 09:48 AM
Trading Manu? fuck off assholes!

midgetonadonkey
06-03-2008, 09:56 AM
I disagree. I say we trade him for a young fierce competetor.