PDA

View Full Version : Miles Suspended Two Games By Blazers

Kori Ellis
01-28-2005, 04:41 PM
PORTLAND, Ore., (Sports Network) - The Portland Trail Blazers have suspended forward Darius Miles for two games for conduct detrimental to the team and insubordination.

"I am disappointed that we've had this distraction to deal with today," said Trail Blazers President Steve Patterson. "We expect a certain behavior from everyone in our organization, and what happened yesterday is not acceptable behavior. The organization is suspending Darius for two games effective today."

Miles, who is averaging 12.9 points and five rebounds in 32 games this season, reportedly berated head coach Maurice Cheeks on Thursday during a film session, repeatedly calling the coach a racial epithet.

The 23-year-old Miles and Cheeks have a history of disagreements in practice this season, but none was thought to have reached this intensity.

It is unknown what started the confrontation in question, but Miles has made it clear he wants to be a starter. He took over the starting small forward spot in December when Shareef Abdur-Rahim was injured, then kept it when Abdur-Rahim returned.

However, in his 10th game as a starter, after averaging 16.6 points and 7.1 rebounds, Miles injured his left knee, and was forced to miss eight games. He returned to the team on Saturday but has not started any of the three games since.

Miles, who never attended college, was originally selected by the Los Angeles Clippers with the third overall pick in the 2000 NBA Draft.

This isn't the first time the team has had to suspend a player for a run-in with Cheeks. Bonzi Wells was suspended one game in March 2003 for cursing at Cheeks during a practice. Then, in November 2003, Wells was suspended two games for a profanity-laced tirade to Cheeks on the court after he was taken out of a game at Dallas.

Two weeks later, Wells was traded to Memphis.

Portland will host the Clippers on Friday at the Rose Garden.

Kori Ellis
01-28-2005, 04:42 PM
reportedly berated head coach Maurice Cheeks on Thursday during a film session, repeatedly calling the coach a racial epithet.

:wtf

Why do the losers migrate to Portland?

Rummpd
01-28-2005, 04:48 PM
Somebodies going to start the thread so I will:

Maybe it all the the team mix so:

Malik Rose straight up if salaries work or small matching parts fit in - Malik (among my favorite Spur but forever in the dog house) gets a needed fresh start and would bring a class act for all his sometimes erratic BB lately to that team. Also, he would probably feel less pressure and flourish as a pretty good piece there.

Miles gets a chance to rehabiltate his image, and probably if it doesn't work out he would be easier to move than an aging Rose. He won the game for Portland vs. Spurs and might be worth the risk.

MadDoc

timvp
01-28-2005, 04:49 PM
Maybe Miles should have gone to college to figure out that a use of a racial epithet is not called for, especially if the person is of the same race.

:smokin

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-28-2005, 04:56 PM
Dave Chappelle uses the word, gets paid millions and gets put on TV.

Darius uses it, he gets suspended and gets his pay taken away.

Welcome to America.

As an aside, I would love to see RC and Pop get this guy to SA. He's got a ton of talent, would work great at the three, and I think the positive SA environment would help him turn things around.

exstatic
01-28-2005, 04:59 PM
Why couldn't he have done that earlier, and been suspended for the SA game? :lol

Useruser666
01-28-2005, 05:04 PM
WWPD?

"What Would Pop Do" if he was talked to like that from Miles?

tlongII
01-28-2005, 05:08 PM
Cheeks has got to go! He is a terrible coach.

Question for any black posters: Is it a big deal if another black person calls you a racial epithet? (I am assuming this is the dreaded "N" word) I didn't think it carried much weight if both people are of the same race.

Kori Ellis
01-28-2005, 05:10 PM

Question for any black posters: Is it a big deal if another black person calls you a racial epithet? (I am assuming this is the dreaded "N" word) I didn't think it carried much weight if both people are of the same race.

Well if you listened to Tupac, you'd know that the word that's "okay" to use ends in "a" not "er".

maxpower
01-28-2005, 05:13 PM
Of course it's all in about the context. As for the suspension ...it's great to know the trailgangster name is alive and well.

Solid D
01-28-2005, 05:13 PM
Cheeks has got to go! He is a terrible coach.

It could have been the "N" word but unless details are known, who knows? If he called him an Oreo or something like that, that would be offensive. It also depends on the degree of respect, or lack thereof, shown to his coach.

tlongII
01-28-2005, 05:16 PM
Well if you listened to Tupac, you'd know that the word that's "okay" to use ends in "a" not "er".

Yeah, but Tupac's dead................alledgedly.

Seriously, can someone respond to this? Bueller? Anyone......anyone?

exstatic
01-28-2005, 05:18 PM
Two things: Miles doesn't really shoot well enough to space the floor for Tim, and if he's this much of a baby, he will throw a fit that Devin already has #23.

tlongII
01-28-2005, 05:20 PM
It could have been the "N" word but unless details are known, who knows? If he called him an Oreo or something like that, that would be offensive. It also depends on the degree of respect, or lack thereof, shown to his coach.

So can I conclude that it certainly is not as big a deal as if Darius were white, correct? I am curious because the local fish-hack here made a big deal out of this particular part of the argument. My opinion is that this aspect of the situation has been overblown locally.

tlongII
01-28-2005, 05:21 PM
Two things: Miles doesn't really shoot well enough to space the floor for Tim, and if he's this much of a baby, he will throw a fit that Devin already has #23.

Don't worry about it. Darius is going to stay here. We are very happy with him. Cheeks is the one that will be gone.

timvp
01-28-2005, 05:22 PM
Yeah, but Tupac's dead................alledgedly.

Seriously, can someone respond to this? Bueller? Anyone......anyone?

It's all gravy if dun ain't fina front on boss man, ya unda dig?

exstatic
01-28-2005, 05:25 PM
Don't worry about it. Darius is going to stay here. We are very happy with him. Cheeks is the one that will be gone.
Well, that WAS the business as usual model...until they shipped out 'Sheed and Bonzi. Wouldn't surprise me to see them BOTH gone. DMiles has athletic skills, and little else. I would think he would be replacable at a cheaper cost, and probably with a player minus the attitude.

Question, TLong: Was Miles close to Woods? Could this be a delayed effect of Woods' release?

Kori Ellis
01-28-2005, 05:26 PM
I think if the N word is used in a regular conversation (Come on n..., let's go to the club) then they aren't offended, but if you are cussing someone out using it derogatorily then it's very bad.

tlongII
01-28-2005, 05:38 PM
Well, that WAS the business as usual model...until they shipped out 'Sheed and Bonzi. Wouldn't surprise me to see them BOTH gone. DMiles has athletic skills, and little else. I would think he would be replacable at a cheaper cost, and probably with a player minus the attitude.

Question, TLong: Was Miles close to Woods? Could this be a delayed effect of Woods' release?

To my knowledge Miles and Woods were not exceptionally close. However, Zach was pretty close to Woods.

tlongII
01-28-2005, 05:41 PM
It's all gravy if dun ain't fina front on boss man

I think that means "it's no big deal if it isn't in front of the boss", correct?

, ya unda dig?

I think that means "do you understand", correct?

Thank you for your perspective.

tlongII
01-28-2005, 05:42 PM
I think if the N word is used in a regular conversation (Come on n..., let's go to the club) then they aren't offended, but if you are cussing someone out using it derogatorily then it's very bad.

But not as bad as if it was a white man saying it to a black man, correct?

Useruser666
01-28-2005, 05:49 PM
I remember the day and age when you just respected your coach enough not to cuss him out. :lol

Kori Ellis
01-28-2005, 05:50 PM
I think that means "it's no big deal if it isn't in front of the boss", correct?

No, it means. It's not a big deal if he's not CONFRONTING (disrespecting) the boss (Cheeks).

boutons
01-28-2005, 05:57 PM
I like Mo a lot, but watching him sitting on the bench with his chin on his hand for nearly all of every game (already a weird kind of behavior), he looks like just another spectator, not a very happy one, and in control of nothing.

The Blazers org seems to suck even worse than "SchlongII-incher" does.

pjjrfan
01-28-2005, 06:03 PM
Why couldn't he have done that earlier, and been suspended for the SA game? :lol
My exact senitments, why he couldn't he have missed the Spurs game. What a waste of talent. My guess is that he already feels like he can go anywhere and be a star so why don't these guys treat me like one. I'd like to see him come to SA and watch how he reacts the first time Pop chews into his ass.

boutons
01-28-2005, 06:11 PM
"he reacts the first time Pop chews into his ass"

Miles: "shut the fuck up, you fuckin white-ass honkey cracka!!"

SequSpur
01-28-2005, 06:14 PM
Sup niggas, how about a gtg?

Supergirl
01-28-2005, 06:31 PM
It's not WHAT he said, it's the meaning of what he did. A player who doesn't respect the coach reduces the coach's authority and ability to lead/coach. Likewise, a coach who doesn't respect a player loses the respect of other players.

Miles will be gone, I predict, after the next infracton. The Blazers' management has made it their priority (at the detriment of winning, it would seem) to appease their fans who are sick of the players' frequent arrests and troublemaking. And ultimately, with Blazers ticket sales suffering, that speaks louder than even winning, if it gets the fans back to the games.

atlfan25
01-28-2005, 07:14 PM
Dat nigga Miles must have stretched tha R.

T Park
01-28-2005, 08:08 PM

Welcome to the hypocrisy of american media period.

And for T Long,

had a white guy said this to cheeks, the n word?

There would be a TV Delay on ESPN ripping the white player for that.

The white player would get ALOT of flak, are you kiddin.

SequSpur
01-28-2005, 08:12 PM
wgaf tpark?

I am sick of the shit. I don't care if its white, black, brown, I just don't give a fuck. When someone mentions the race card, I just fucking turn it or walk away. Also, religion............

Topics, I don't get involved in............ religion, race, or queers.

I don't give a crap about religion.
I don't give a crap about your race as long as you are from America or England. :wink
And I don't give a crap if you take the pole in da ass, just keep away from me.

I say whatever, I want and I don't mean it in a derogatory way, but hell, if I can listen to Cracka this and Cracka that, then I am throwin the shit out as well. No harm, no foul.

Get over it, that's life. Don't sweat the BULLSHIT.

timvp
01-28-2005, 08:19 PM

And for T Long,

Yeah and if a black player did something to a white coach, they'd probably lynch him.

Whatcha talkin' bout Willis?

T Park
01-28-2005, 08:22 PM
black player did something to a white coach, they'd probably lynch him.

No one mentions latrell anymore.

But its ok to say the N Word if your black.

Thats a fact.

Its ok TIMVP, I wont keep going, a white person cant win these debates.

Sequ, if you dont want to get into the debate, WTF did you post??

Idiot.

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-28-2005, 08:23 PM

And for T Long,

For somebody always bitching about the media, you sure don't offer a whole hell of a lot of solutions.

SequSpur
01-28-2005, 08:24 PM
Dude, you are out of control.

-KKK Forum

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-28-2005, 08:25 PM
No one mentions latrell anymore.

No one mentions Latrell? You just fucking did.

Say the name "P.J. Carlesimo" to any casual, non-Spurs but NBA fan and what do they think?

T Park
01-28-2005, 08:27 PM
No one mentions Latrell? You just fucking did.

lol i count for no one???

ok that makes sense.

What I mean is, Latrell isnt villified for his comments as much as the golfer that made the joke about Tiger.

Look media kid, if i dont find a solution dont critisize??

Hilarious hypocrisy there.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-28-2005, 08:38 PM
If they want good guys... Rose, LJIII, rights to Scola for Miles.

:)

SequSpur
01-28-2005, 08:39 PM
The Spurs need a big, they have enough guards and small forwards already.

Miles sucks.

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-28-2005, 08:39 PM
lol i count for no one???

ok that makes sense.

What I mean is, Latrell isnt villified for his comments as much as the golfer that made the joke about Tiger.

Look media kid, if i dont find a solution dont critisize??

Hilarious hypocrisy there.

Alright bitch.

1. "Latrell isn't villified for his comments as much as the golfer that made the joke about Tiger"

A. Yeah, they villify the golfer so much - you can't even remember his fucking name. BTW, it was Funny Zoeller. And anybody that has even sniffed at the Wolves problems this year has blamed Latrell and his "can't feed my family" speech.

2. "Look, media kid. If I don't find a solution, don't criticize? Hilasrious hypocrisy there."

A. When the fuck did I say "Don't criticize"? Where? Where is it, Park? I said that you always bitch, yet offer no solutions. Try it, people might actually listen without contempt for you.

3. "Media kid."

A. Wow. Just wow. Here comes Park, bitching about Manny at a GTG, crying because his fiance dumped his ass, bitching that Bennigan's is too far. Guess what, your "fiance" looked a whole lot like your parents at Spurs games. Guess what, nobody gives a rat's ass that Manny punked you. Guess what, WE ALL FUCKING PUNK YOU. Guess what, true fans/friends don't give a fuck about "Bennigan's is gonna close in thirty minutes!"

Sequ pulled Psuedo out of bed and they both had fun. Exstatic showed and didn't even get potato skins. Boutons committed a misdeameanor at the event. User, SW, Kori, LJ and I stood outside laughing our asses off for nearly an hour AFTER they closed and nearly kicked us out.

No wonder you don't have friends. Maybe you should try the "hole-in-the-bucket" trick when the new Harry Potter movie comes out.

You're a sad man, Park. Damn right I'm a media kid. I'm part of the editorial board of a respected student newspaper. I have aspirations for future greatness (and by future greatness, I mean doing something that can be a respected cog in our community if done correctly).

You aspire to get another blow job during a kid's flick.

T Park
01-28-2005, 08:40 PM
[QUOTE]Miles sucks[QUOTE]

Miles > Vince Carter

Suck it.

timvp
01-28-2005, 08:43 PM
Let's keep it above the belt, folks. We don't need this to turn into a race thread.

Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-aa-aaaaaaaaa-aaanks.

T Park
01-28-2005, 08:45 PM
Alright bitch.

I stopped reading after that.

Wanna talk?? Leave the 3rd grader language at home Mitch Albom.

T Park
01-28-2005, 08:47 PM
[QUOTE]what, your "fiance" looked a whole lot like your parents at Spurs games[QUOTE]

She lives in San Diego, and she was at the games before and after Thanksgiving.

But keep talking out of your ass, its most becoming to you.

And IM sorry I was a little down about breaking up with a fiance, that kind of thing has a negative effect on you.

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-28-2005, 08:48 PM
Wanna talk?? Leave the 3rd grader language at home Mitch Albom.

Because you've never cursed in this forum.

Pot, kettle, TPark.

T Park
No wonder you don't have friends.

You would know how??

interesting......

Keep the insults up its cute.

timvp
TPark got in the "media kid" blast and then JB47 got in his blasts. Let's let it die, my nikkas.

:)

T Park
01-28-2005, 08:51 PM
Fuck it.

I mean, I make a slight joke and he bums in on my fiance.

Fair right???

Thats cool.

Yeah, Id love to come to a GTG when I have such wonderfull people insulting me here that are at these GTGs.

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-28-2005, 08:58 PM
Last one, I promise.

Fuck it.

I mean, I make a slight joke and he bums in on my fiance.

Fair right???

This from the "man" who started a thread asking people online if his fiance was a skank.

T Park
01-28-2005, 09:05 PM
You accused me of not having one period.

Then you accuse me of not having friends.

So Id say your lower on the pole right now.

Im suprised Johnny.

I didnt think you were that big of a prick.

jalbre6
01-28-2005, 09:11 PM
A. Yeah, they villify the golfer so much - you can't even remember his fucking name. BTW, it was Funny Zoeller.

You mean Fuzzy Zoeller?

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-28-2005, 09:12 PM
You mean Fuzzy Zoeller?

:lmao Whoops.

Man, did I fuck that one up. The "N" isn't even close to the "Z".

:lmao @ Me.

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-28-2005, 09:14 PM
Apparently, SAS is saying that Cheeks might resign over this.

Check ESPN.com.

We demand vBookie on coaches!

boutons
01-29-2005, 01:27 AM
(The "N" isn't even close to the "Z".)

You were right, just rotate N 90% clockwise.

mattyc
01-29-2005, 05:53 AM
Portland should be eradicated from the league.

I'm sick of hearing about their bullshit.