PDA

View Full Version : Ufc 85



Evan
06-03-2008, 07:43 AM
Here already...

When: June 7, ‘08
Where: London, UK @ O2 Arena
Watch: PPV

Here’s the latest on the UFC 85 event:
Main Card

-Matt Hughes (#3 WW) vs. Thiago Alves (#9 WW)
-Nate Marquardt (#5 MW) vs. Thales Leites
-Fabricio Werdum (#6 HW) vs. Brandon Vera-
Michael Bisping vs. Jason Day
-Marcus Davis vs. Mike Swick

Preliminary Bouts:
-Martin Kampmann vs. Jorge Rivera
-Kevin Burns vs. Roan Carneiro
-Thiago Tavares vs. Matt Wiman-
Jess Liaudin vs. Paul Taylor
-Eddie Sanchez vs. Antoni Hardonk
-Jason Lambert vs. Luiz Arthur Cane

Evan
06-03-2008, 07:47 AM
Not a huge headlining card but solid nonetheless. This card has been cursed from the beginning with injuries and pull outs. Should still be fun to see.

"UFC 85: Bedlam is an upcoming mixed martial arts event to be held by the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC), the event is to be held on June 7, 2008 at The O2 arena in London, England.[1]

The card has been plagued by a number of injuries sustained by scheduled fighters, forcing the UFC to rework the card several times. Originally, the main event was to be between light heavyweights Chuck Liddell and Mauricio Rua; however, Rua required surgery on an injured knee and could not compete. Rashad Evans then replaced Rua in the main event with Liddell,[2] but Liddell was forced to withdraw from the card due to a hamstring injury.[3] The UFC then named James Irvin as Liddell's replacement to fight Evans, but Irvin sustained a foot injury that forced him to pull out. Evans has now been removed from the card as well. The main event is currently set for Matt Hughes against Thiago Alves.

In other changes, a Jonathan Goulet and Paul Kelly match was abandoned when Goulet dropped out citing a lack of training time, followed by Kelly withdrawing because of an injury sustained in practice. Due to legal problems which resulted in a lack of time to prepare for his fight with Michael Bisping, Chris Leben withdrew from the card and the UFC announced Jason Day would face Bisping. Ryo Chonan was replaced by Kevin Burns,[4] and Neil Wain was replaced by Eddie Sanchez[5]."

Evan
06-03-2008, 07:54 AM
PPV numbers will be the lowest of 2008 but still not awful.

MMAnews.com is claiming its free but I can't find anything to back that up and my directv schedule both on the screen and online says CSI and TNA.

LEONARD
06-03-2008, 08:24 AM
You're card is jacked up dude!! :lmao

Evans, Irvin, Leben, Chonan, and Wain are all off the card...

Freakin' rookie!!

-Matt Hughes (#3 WW) vs. Thiago Alves (#9 WW)
-Nate Marquardt (#5 MW) vs. Thales Leites
-Fabricio Werdum (#6 HW) vs. Brandon Vera
-Michael Bisping vs. Jason Day
-Marcus Davis vs. Mike Swick

Preliminary Bouts:
-Martin Kampmann vs. Jorge Rivera
-Kevin Burns vs. Roan Carneiro
-Thiago Tavares vs. Matt Wiman
-Jess Liaudin vs. Paul Taylor
-Eddie Sanchez vs. Antoni Hardonk
-Jason Lambert vs. Luiz Arthur Cane

Evan
06-03-2008, 08:25 AM
You're card is jacked up dude!! :lmao

Evans, Irvin, Leben, Chonan, and Wain are all off the card...

Freakin' rookie!!

-Matt Hughes (#3 WW) vs. Thiago Alves (#9 WW)
-Nate Marquardt (#5 MW) vs. Thales Leites
-Fabricio Werdum (#6 HW) vs. Brandon Vera
-Michael Bisping vs. Jason Day
-Marcus Davis vs. Mike Swick

Preliminary Bouts:
-Martin Kampmann vs. Jorge Rivera
-Kevin Burns vs. Roan Carneiro
-Thiago Tavares vs. Matt Wiman
-Jess Liaudin vs. Paul Taylor
-Eddie Sanchez vs. Antoni Hardonk
-Jason Lambert vs. Luiz Arthur Cane

Dammit...I went off 5ozofpain.

owned...

LEONARD
06-03-2008, 09:21 AM
Tavares is gonna smash Wiman...

Evan
06-03-2008, 09:32 AM
Tavares is gonna smash Wiman...

Considering your betting record I feel safe staying where I'm at.

dbreiden83080
06-03-2008, 10:36 AM
Burned a hole in my pocket on the last 2, i'm gonna skip this card.

Evan
06-03-2008, 10:51 AM
Burned a hole in my pocket on the last 2, i'm gonna skip this card.

I can only do 1 a month. DirecTV HD PPV is $55

LEONARD
06-03-2008, 11:44 AM
Considering your betting record I feel safe staying where I'm at.

I've been pretty hot lately BIATCH!

8-3 for UFC 83
9-2 for UFC 84

Evan
06-03-2008, 11:50 AM
I've been pretty hot lately BIATCH!

8-3 for UFC 83
9-2 for UFC 84

I'm about 20% over your picks since the day I joined.

so yeah I rule :lobt2:

LEONARD
06-03-2008, 12:07 PM
Where is your proof? :fro

dbreiden83080
06-03-2008, 12:19 PM
I can only do 1 a month. DirecTV HD PPV is $55

I'm in New York and it is 44.95 here. Why the hell did they jack up the prices so much in the last year?? UFC PPV's used to be more affordable. I can't imagine 10-15 $ increases has skyrocketed their buy rates.

dbreiden83080
06-03-2008, 12:31 PM
Here already...

When: June 7, ‘08
Where: London, UK @ O2 Arena
Watch: PPV

Here’s the latest on the UFC 85 event:
Main Card

-Matt Hughes (#3 WW) vs. Thiago Alves (#9 WW)
-Nate Marquardt (#5 MW) vs. Thales Leites
-Fabricio Werdum (#6 HW) vs. Brandon Vera-
Michael Bisping vs. Jason Day
-Marcus Davis vs. Mike Swick



Agreed, :toast

Hughes will likely lose then fight Serra next, probably beat him and retire.

Evan
06-03-2008, 12:33 PM
Where is your proof? :fro

Just messing with ya. I never go back and see how I did unless someone mentions it.

Evan
06-03-2008, 12:34 PM
By the way LEONARD, your email is bouncing back again. I don't think its my email because everyone else is ok.

"Too many connections to this listener.
<**********@*********.us>... Deferred: 421 #4.4.5 Too many connections to this listener.
Warning: message still undelivered after 4 hours Will keep trying until message is 5 days old

Evan
06-03-2008, 12:35 PM
I'm in New York and it is 44.95 here. Why the hell did they jack up the prices so much in the last year?? UFC PPV's used to be more affordable. I can't imagine 10-15 $ increases has skyrocketed their buy rates.


For HD? Do you have DirecTV?

dbreiden83080
06-03-2008, 12:36 PM
For HD? Do you have DirecTV?

No, cablevision and strangely enough, it is the same price HD or not.

Evan
06-03-2008, 12:40 PM
No, cablevision and strangely enough, it is the same price HD or not.


yeah its 45 for non HD on direcTV and was $40 for Time Warner. I've heard cablevision is pretty good.

DirecTV is a must have for HD but man its pricey.

dbreiden83080
06-03-2008, 12:42 PM
yeah its 45 for non HD on direcTV and was $40 for Time Warner. I've heard cablevision is pretty good.

DirecTV is a must have for HD but man its pricey.

Is the DirecTV HD the best quality??

dbreiden83080
06-03-2008, 12:43 PM
. I've heard cablevision is pretty good.


They are actually pretty bad. The pricing on their cable deals is not very good and they don't offer enough channels in HD, i might be switching soon.

Evan
06-03-2008, 12:47 PM
Is the DirecTV HD the best quality??

I have had...

Comcast
TimeWarner
U-Verse
DirecTV in the past few years and DirecTV is by far the best IMO. They have a ton of channels in HD.

Time Warner was good but they don't have two channels I want, SETANTA and NFL Network. So if something like that isn't important to you I wouldn't rush over and switch to DirecTV, its not worth the massive installation costs unless you're really shopping.

Evan
06-03-2008, 12:49 PM
They are actually pretty bad. The pricing on their cable deals is not very good and they don't offer enough channels in HD, i might be switching soon.

Ah well then, see above.

Evan
06-03-2008, 12:50 PM
Plus you can access your DVR online which I get a kick out of...lol

Evan
06-03-2008, 12:51 PM
Agreed, :toast

Hughes will likely lose then fight Serra next, probably beat him and retire.

That sounds very likely.

dbreiden83080
06-03-2008, 12:52 PM
I have had...

Comcast
TimeWarner
U-Verse
DirecTV in the past few years and DirecTV is by far the best IMO. They have a ton of channels in HD.

Time Warner was good but they don't have two channels I want, SETANTA and NFL Network. So if something like that isn't important to you I wouldn't rush over and switch to DirecTV, its not worth the massive installation costs unless you're really shopping.

Cool, thanks for the Info Evan :toast

I think i may go with Direc TV next year if the number of HD channels does not start getting better. Cablevision says they are working on it, we'll see.

Evan
06-03-2008, 12:52 PM
Cool, thanks for the Info Evan :toast

I think i may go with Direc TV next year if the number of HD channels does not start getting better. Cablevision says they are working on it, we'll see.

Welcome!!!

djohn14
06-03-2008, 02:02 PM
-Matt Hughes (#3 WW) vs. Thiago Alves (#9 WW)-I just dont know if Hughes has it, but Alves sure does.
-Nate Marquardt (#5 MW) vs. Thales LeitesGREAT FIGHT, toss up, but I love Leites
-Fabricio Werdum (#6 HW) vs. Brandon Vera-Could be a good fight, go Werdum
-Michael Bisping vs. Jason Day-Day is going to be seeing stars
-Marcus Davis vs. Mike Swick-They might as well call him the Irish bomb thrower

Preliminary Bouts:
-Martin Kampmann vs. Jorge Rivera
-Kevin Burns vs. Roan Carneiro
-Thiago Tavares vs. Matt Wiman
-Jess Liaudin vs. Paul Taylor
-Eddie Sanchez vs. Antoni Hardonk
-Jason Lambert vs. Luiz Arthur Cane-ehhh I dont know, but Lamberts chin is suspect

Like previously stated, its not a GREAT card, but has some pretty nice fights.

oligarchy
06-03-2008, 02:44 PM
I've been pretty hot lately BIATCH!

8-3 for UFC 83
9-2 for UFC 84

8-3 for UFC 84
10-1 for UFC 83 :toast

Evan can't give correct numbers because he didn't update his picks with the correct card line up. :downspin: Stephens vs Etim who won that fight :hat

oligarchy
06-03-2008, 02:47 PM
Matt Hughes vs. Thiago Alves
Nate Marquardt vs. Thales Leites
Fabricio Werdum vs. Brandon Vera
Michael Bisping vs. Jason Day
Marcus Davis vs. Mike Swick

Preliminary Bouts:
Martin Kampmann vs. Jorge Rivera
Kevin Burns vs. Roan Carneiro
Thiago Tavares vs. Matt Wiman
Jess Liaudin vs. Paul Taylor
Eddie Sanchez vs. Antoni Hardonk
Jason Lambert vs. Luiz Arthur Cane

desflood
06-03-2008, 02:52 PM
Not a bad card, but the upcoming TUF Finale does more for me.

Kendall Grove vs. Evan Tanner
Luigi Fioravanti vs. Diego Sanchez
Finalist #1 vs. Finalist #2
Spencer Fisher vs. Jeremy Stephens
Jeremy Horn vs. Dean Lister
Josh Burkman vs. Dustin Hazelett
Marvin Eastman vs. Drew McFedries
Matt Arroyo vs. Matt Brown

Evan
06-03-2008, 02:53 PM
8-3 for UFC 84
10-1 for UFC 83 :toast

Evan can't give correct numbers because he didn't update his picks with the correct card line up. :downspin: Stephens vs Etim who won that fight :hat

Didn't I update that the day before after you pointed it out?

Oh well

LEONARD
06-03-2008, 03:10 PM
8-3 for UFC 84
10-1 for UFC 83 :toast

Nice!

I was actually 10-1 for 83 also, but never came back here and changed my pick to Yoshida...I posted it elsewhere though... :bang

dallaskd
06-03-2008, 04:31 PM
-Matt Hughes (#3 WW) vs. Thiago Alves (#9 WW)
-Nate Marquardt (#5 MW) vs. Thales Leites
-Fabricio Werdum (#6 HW) vs. Brandon Vera
-Michael Bisping vs. Jason Day
-Marcus Davis vs. Mike Swick

Preliminary Bouts:
-Martin Kampmann vs. Jorge Rivera
-Kevin Burns vs. Roan Carneiro
-Thiago Tavares vs. Matt Wiman
-Jess Liaudin vs. Paul Taylor
-Eddie Sanchez vs. Antoni Hardonk
-Jason Lambert vs. Luiz Arthur Cane


oh and Dish Network owns all.

oligarchy
06-03-2008, 05:08 PM
oh and Dish Network owns all.

Dish!

djohn14
06-03-2008, 05:15 PM
Just a little news. I read on 411mania/MMA that the Rashad-Liddell fight may be back on for September.

Evan
06-03-2008, 06:25 PM
oh and Dish Network owns all.

missing channels

djohn14
06-04-2008, 05:19 PM
Just can't wait for my current favorite welteweight (Thiago Alves) versus my previous favorite welteweight (Matt Hughes)...Go Pitbull.

djohn14
06-04-2008, 05:21 PM
Just can't wait for my current favorite welterweight (Thiago Alves) versus my previous favorite welterweight (Matt Hughes)...Go Pitbull.I hope my brother orders it...Im a free loader...or I'll have to watch it on the internet.

polandprzem
06-05-2008, 07:06 AM
There is slight chance I will be able to watch the event

It scheudled to be 3 hours from 9pm till 12am in that case I will get 4 hours of sleep (before going to work for 13 hours) and that's okay with me :tu


---edit

I forgot to add that we have a war at the end of a Sunday with Germans plus Kubica is driving his car in Canada after that.

So good weekend for me ... hopefully hehe :)

Evan
06-05-2008, 07:43 AM
There is slight chance I will be able to watch the event

It scheudled to be 3 hours from 9pm till 12am in that case I will get 4 hours of sleep (before going to work for 13 hours) and that's okay with me :tu


---edit

I forgot to add that we have a war at the end of a Sunday with Germans plus Kubica is driving his car in Canada after that.

So good weekend for me ... hopefully hehe :)


The words you type confuse me really

polandprzem
06-05-2008, 09:21 AM
:lol

Confusion is my second name



Umm

Soccer - Poland vs Germany (we have some quite BIG history behind us - we don't like them much they do not like us - and it's soccer #1 sport in here)
Kubica - F1 - GP Canada, nuff said.


All in all many events in short period of time.

DBryant88
06-05-2008, 09:39 AM
i got matt hughes

Evan
06-05-2008, 09:53 AM
I'm switching to Hughes

LEONARD
06-05-2008, 11:46 AM
Alves via knee to the forehead...

Evan
06-05-2008, 11:57 AM
poor Hughes gets no credit..

cornbread
06-05-2008, 03:08 PM
-Matt Hughes (#3 WW) vs. Thiago Alves (#9 WW)
-Nate Marquardt (#5 MW) vs. Thales Leites
-Fabricio Werdum (#6 HW) vs. Brandon Vera
Michael Bisping vs. Jason Day
-Marcus Davis vs. Mike Swick

Preliminary Bouts:
-Martin Kampmann vs. Jorge Rivera
-Kevin Burns vs. Roan Carneiro
-Thiago Tavares vs. Matt Wiman
Jess Liaudin vs. Paul Taylor
-Eddie Sanchez vs. Antoni Hardonk
-Jason Lambert vs. Luiz Arthur Cane

Looks like it's just me and Evan who think Hughes still has a W in him.

cornbread
06-05-2008, 03:09 PM
I even had to break one of my own rules of the thumb: Never bet against a guy named Thiago.

Evan
06-05-2008, 03:52 PM
I even had to break one of my own rules of the thumb: Never bet against a guy named Thiago.

:lol

LEONARD
06-05-2008, 05:23 PM
Alves is a bad MOFO!!

Alves via Hughes verbal tap to legkicks... :lol

Evan
06-05-2008, 06:42 PM
Alves is a bad MOFO!!

So is Hughes. How much more can he prove?

dbreiden83080
06-05-2008, 07:24 PM
Not much Matt Hughes love here, i know GSP made him look bad but who doesn't GSP do that too??

oligarchy
06-05-2008, 07:37 PM
I think Jason Day has more of a chance than Hughes :eyebrows

LEONARD
06-06-2008, 09:36 AM
Weigh-ins should be this morning sometime I would think...11:00 or so?

Previews/picks
http://www.cagepotato.com/2008/06/04/ufc-85-bedlam-%e2%80%94-ipecac-rematch-picks/
http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2008/06/03/im-officially-ready-for-ufc-85/
http://mmajunkie.com/news/4504/performifys-picks-for-ufc-85.mma

Pre-fight press conf videos
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2008/6/5/546515/ufc-85-pre-fight-press-con

Hughes video interview
http://www.cagepotato.com/2008/06/04/matt-hughes-talks-ufc-85-retirement-rumors-and-licks-his-chops-over-matt-serra/

Hughes training video
http://mmamania.com/2008/06/04/matt-hughes-trains-for-thiago-alves-ufc-85-fight-at-hit-squad-video/

Alves video interview
http://www.sherdog.com/videos/videos.asp?v_id=1609

Vera article
http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles.asp?n_id=13050

Marcus Davis video interview
http://www.sherdog.com/videos/videos.asp?v_id=1615

Kampmann article…glad to see him back finally…
http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles.asp?n_id=13046

Swick training pics
http://www.sherdog.com/news/pictures.asp?n_id=13042

Evan
06-06-2008, 11:29 AM
Thiago Alves failed to make weight for his UFC 85 main event fight with Matt Hughes.

Alves weighed 174 pounds for the welterweight bout, three pounds over the 171-pound limit. The fight will now be contested at a catchweight of 174 pounds.

Today's weigh-ins took place at the 02 Arena in London, England -- the same venue that hosts Saturday's pay-per-view event.

The full results, courtesy of UFC.com, included:

Thiago Alves (174) vs. Matt Hughes (170)
Michael Bisping (184) vs. Jason Day (184)
Marcus Davis (170) vs. Mike Swick (170)
Thales Leites (185) vs. Nate Marquardt (185)
Fabricio Werdum (247) vs. Brandon Vera (228)
Martin Kampmann (186) vs. Jorge Rivera (185)
Thiago Tavares (154.5) vs. Matt Wiman (155)
Kevin Burns (170) vs. Roan Carneiro (171)
Luiz Cane (204) vs. Jason Lambert (205)
Jess Liaudin (169) vs. Paul Taylor (169)
Antoni Hardonk (247) vs. Eddie Sanchez (244)

LEONARD
06-06-2008, 11:34 AM
Alves...wtf?

Evan
06-06-2008, 11:37 AM
I can't freaking believe it

desflood
06-06-2008, 12:25 PM
Hey, if Gina Carano got away with it...

I know - she's hot and women's mma isn't taken seriously anyway. Spare me the usual shallow male arguments :rolleyes

Evan
06-06-2008, 12:28 PM
Hey, if Gina Carano got away with it...

I know - she's hot and women's mma isn't taken seriously anyway. Spare me the usual shallow male arguments :rolleyes

I love womens MMA. Fight Girls was an awesome show.

EliteXC 1 and the last one with that Kimbo mess... the women had the best fights. Both involved Gina so she is more than just looks. But on the other coin I am not sure she takes women's MMA seriously either.

djohn14
06-06-2008, 12:43 PM
Hey, its one time, its not a title fight, and he only had 5 weeks to prepare. Its no excuse for 4 pounds, but.....

LEONARD
06-06-2008, 02:18 PM
Please Hardonk...kick this guy's head into the stands...
http://www.combatlifestyle.com/pics/albums/060608ufc/1002.jpg

a little heated? Please Cane...kick this guys weird pecs into the stands...
http://www.combatlifestyle.com/pics/albums/060608ufc/1017.jpg

Kampmann looks ready to go after major knee surgery...his fight with McFedries is still one of my all-time favorites...
http://www.combatlifestyle.com/pics/albums/060608ufc/1030.jpg

Please Thales...win so we don't have to see Marquardt anymore...
http://www.combatlifestyle.com/pics/albums/060608ufc/1040.jpg

Can't wait for this one...great HW matchup...
http://www.combatlifestyle.com/pics/albums/060608ufc/1038.jpg

Marcus "the guy that only fights in England because he's a roid-head" Davis... (no proof of that, just my opinion based on how his body changed after failing on TUF)
http://www.combatlifestyle.com/pics/albums/060608ufc/1046.jpg

Would kinda like to see Day win...
http://www.combatlifestyle.com/pics/albums/060608ufc/1055.jpg

I wish I was fat and out of shape like Alves... :(
http://www.combatlifestyle.com/pics/albums/060608ufc/1056.jpg

dallaskd
06-07-2008, 01:39 AM
Changing my picks to Tavares and Hughes. how the hell did alves not make weight by 3 pounds! I hope "the manic hispanic" gets smashed and out of the UFC. that crap with sao palieli(sp?) was bad.

dallaskd
06-07-2008, 01:40 AM
I think Jason Day has more of a chance than Hughes :eyebrows

I got Day in this one. Pretty much every fight could go either way. its going to be exciting.

dallaskd
06-07-2008, 01:43 AM
:lol at Bisping's boxers. and i just read over leonard's post and realized Davis does only fight overseas. do they not test in ireland/england? cause hes not really a huge crowd favorite like Bisping.

Evan
06-07-2008, 07:27 AM
Marcus "the guy that only fights in England because he's a roid-head" Davis... (no proof of that, just my opinion based on how his body changed after failing on TUF)
http://www.combatlifestyle.com/pics/albums/060608ufc/1046.jpg


They test in England now brutha. The first UFC in the UK was the only one that they didn't test.

Evan
06-07-2008, 07:30 AM
Please Hardonk...kick this guy's head into the stands...
http://www.combatlifestyle.com/pics/albums/060608ufc/1002.jpg


:ihit:ihit

Can't wait

LEONARD
06-07-2008, 11:19 AM
They test in England now brutha. The first UFC in the UK was the only one that they didn't test.

Yea, but it's handled by the UFC...so who knows...

We never got results from 72... (other than Dana saying nobody failed)

Davis wasn't one of the ones tested at 75...

Can't find any drug testing results from 80...

Davis also fought at UFC 69 in Houston, where nobody was tested...

I just want to see Davis tested and pass ONCE, then I'll drop it...

Evan
06-07-2008, 11:47 AM
Yea, but it's handled by the UFC...so who knows....

Wait...no...a third party does it but the system is set up by Marc Ratner.

LEONARD
06-07-2008, 11:51 AM
Wait...no...a third party does it but the system is set up by Marc Ratner.

So Ratner, who is a UFC employee, is in charge of who's tested? Reporting results?


UFC 75 took place at the O2 Arena in London, England. However, because the U.K. has no sanctioning body, UFC Vice President of Regulatory Affairs Marc Ratner was in charge of regulating the event. Those duties included overseeing drug testing of fighters. According to Iole, eight of the night's 18 fighters were tested.

Evan
06-07-2008, 11:54 AM
So Ratner, who is a UFC employee, is in charge of who's tested? Reporting results?


UFC 75 took place at the O2 Arena in London, England. However, because the U.K. has no sanctioning body, UFC Vice President of Regulatory Affairs Marc Ratner was in charge of regulating the event. Those duties included overseeing drug testing of fighters. According to Iole, eight of the night's 18 fighters were tested.

I thought you were saying the UFC actually took the samples and handled the testing.

Personally I see no issue with it. Its the same system as the other major sports. The NFL and the like do it no different.

Evan
06-07-2008, 11:57 AM
And to be clear...I have no opinion on Davis and steroids. I'm simply discussing the testing process.

Personally I believe the vast majority of athletes have tried or seriously considered cheating at one point.

Where there is money there is someone trying to take a short cut to get it.

LEONARD
06-07-2008, 11:59 AM
I thought you were saying the UFC actually took the samples and handled the testing.

Personally I see no issue with it. Its the same system as the other major sports. The NFL and the like do it no different.

Oh no, wasn't meaning that the UFC handled the actual testing...

I'd have less of a problem with it if EVERY fighter was tested...but when only 8 of 18 are tested, and the UFC is choosing who to test, I'm sure they could almost never have a positive...

Evan
06-07-2008, 12:10 PM
Oh no, wasn't meaning that the UFC handled the actual testing...

I'd have less of a problem with it if EVERY fighter was tested...but when only 8 of 18 are tested, and the UFC is choosing who to test, I'm sure they could almost never have a positive...

I thought title fights were automatic and the rest random?

Hey why don't you email Loretta or that new sherdog writer...I am sure one of them know.

I'll try Caplan or Baramba.

I'm really curious now.

Evan
06-07-2008, 12:12 PM
And I would like every fighter tested as well. I know places like MFC and IFL can't afford it but the UFC sure as f-ck can. I wish NSAC and CSAC made this a bigger issue sooner than later.

Evan
06-07-2008, 12:12 PM
I thought title fights were automatic and the rest random?

Hey why don't you email Loretta or that new sherdog writer...I am sure one of them know.

I'll try Caplan or Baramba.

I'm really curious now.

I'll do this next week at work...wouldn't want to waste my free time...:lmao

LEONARD
06-07-2008, 12:14 PM
I thought title fights were automatic and the rest random?

Hey why don't you email Loretta or that new sherdog writer...I am sure one of them know.

I'll try Caplan or Baramba.

I'm really curious now.

Title fights are mandatory...but for the "random" testing that's being handled by the UFC I doubt if they're drawing out of a hat...

I'll email Loretta <3

Evan
06-07-2008, 12:16 PM
Title fights are mandatory...but for the "random" testing that's being handled by the UFC I doubt if they're drawing out of a hat...

I'll email Loretta <3

Dude I think thats exactly what their doing.

oligarchy
06-07-2008, 12:18 PM
Anthony Torres tested positive at UFC 75. I'd be happier if they just tested everyone.

Evan
06-07-2008, 12:21 PM
Anthony Torres tested positive at UFC 75. I'd be happier if they just tested everyone.

I think sports as a whole is going to have to start testing everyone to convince fans that what their watching is real.

And I think we're within 5 years of that.

LEONARD
06-07-2008, 12:40 PM
Dude I think thats exactly what their doing.

So they draw Joe Blow who they suspect is on something and throw his name back in...

Or they just skip the whole process all together and choose who the "random" names are...

oligarchy
06-07-2008, 12:53 PM
So you're saying they purposely leave Marcus fighting overseas and don't test him because they know he is on steroids?

LEONARD
06-07-2008, 02:00 PM
I'm just saying he changed a LOT after TUF and I've yet to see him show a negative test...

Evan
06-07-2008, 02:32 PM
Vera got screwed!

Kimbo ref sucks ass!!!!!!!!!!!!

dbreiden83080
06-07-2008, 02:34 PM
Vera got screwed!

Kimbo ref sucks ass!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kimbo totally sucks, that guy got so badly exposed it is hilarious. I still can't believe he was so gassed out, he basically collapsed trying to KO a bum with a glass jaw who was hand picked for him to look good against.

Evan
06-07-2008, 02:38 PM
Kimbo totally sucks, that guy got so badly exposed it is hilarious. I still can't believe he was so gassed out, he basically collapsed trying to KO a bum with a glass jaw who was hand picked for him to look good against.

Yeah but UFC 85 is on right now and Vera just got screwed like JT from the same ref

dbreiden83080
06-07-2008, 02:50 PM
Yeah but UFC 85 is on right now and Vera just got screwed like JT from the same ref

Oh god, that sucks

oligarchy
06-07-2008, 02:55 PM
Yeah but UFC 85 is on right now and Vera just got screwed like JT from the same ref

Why post a spoiler? You could've waited for the re-broadcast tonight. :depressed

polandprzem
06-07-2008, 03:00 PM
Illegal my a$$

Evan
06-07-2008, 03:07 PM
Why post a spoiler? You could've waited for the re-broadcast tonight. :depressed

its on right now on ppv

Evan
06-07-2008, 03:09 PM
Why post a spoiler? You could've waited for the re-broadcast tonight. :depressed

and there is no replay tonight on spike...its ppv only

oligarchy
06-07-2008, 03:12 PM
and there is no replay tonight on spike...its ppv only

Yup. The live at 3 and the replay at 9; both on PPV.
Even the blogs hide the results and put them in the click only links.

Evan
06-07-2008, 03:13 PM
Yup. The live at 3 and the replay at 9; both on PPV.
Even the blogs hide the results and put them in the click only links.

You're buying the 9pm replay?

oligarchy
06-07-2008, 03:23 PM
I'm not buying it; someone else is. But, that is when I am watching it, yes. I wasn't able to get to watch the early show.

Evan
06-07-2008, 03:24 PM
I'm not buying it; someone else is. But, that is when I am watching it, yes. I wasn't able to get to watch the early show.

ok...sorry man.

LEONARD
06-07-2008, 03:27 PM
then stay off the internet til tonight...

My underdog picks are going well so far. Marquardt is lucky he didn't lose another point for the pile driver!

Evan
06-07-2008, 03:29 PM
then stay off the internet til tonight...

My underdog picks are going well so far. Marquardt is lucky he didn't lose another point for the pile driver!

True

Evan
06-07-2008, 03:37 PM
oligarchy don't read this thread anymore....spoilers coming...

Evan
06-07-2008, 03:38 PM
last warning

Evan
06-07-2008, 03:38 PM
Swick looked great

LEONARD
06-07-2008, 03:38 PM
So much for the Davis hype! He's got nothing on his back...

and his face is WRECKED

Evan
06-07-2008, 03:40 PM
Swick talks as fast as I do...and it drives people nuts....and me listening to him. lol

Evan
06-07-2008, 03:51 PM
Bisping is going to kill him

LEONARD
06-07-2008, 03:52 PM
Don't count on it!! Watch for Day's rubber guard elbows...

Kimbo ref might screw this one up too...

LEONARD
06-07-2008, 03:53 PM
Save a little energy for the fight, Bisping... :lol

Evan
06-07-2008, 03:57 PM
Don't count on it!! Watch for Day's rubber guard elbows...

Kimbo ref might screw this one up too...

lol

that was awesome. straight out murder

LEONARD
06-07-2008, 03:58 PM
lol...jeez, Day had nothing...

Evan
06-07-2008, 03:59 PM
That was like a B level Silva Vs Leben

polandprzem
06-07-2008, 04:01 PM
haha Bisbing with his english :lol


185 Bisbing
170 swick

Any more fighters going down the weight?

VEra?:)

Evan
06-07-2008, 04:02 PM
bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa hahahahahahahhahaha

suck it Eddie!!!!!!!!

Evan
06-07-2008, 04:02 PM
haha Bisbing with his english :lol


185 Bisbing
170 swick

Any more fighters going down the weight?

VEra?:)

Vera could never make 185...he needs to drop to 205.

Evan
06-07-2008, 04:02 PM
haha Bisbing with his english :lol


185 Bisbing
170 swick

Any more fighters going down the weight?

VEra?:)

Do you have it on SETANTA?

polandprzem
06-07-2008, 04:03 PM
Hughes will go down but I'm cheering for him

polandprzem
06-07-2008, 04:04 PM
Do you have it on SETANTA?

nope

polandprzem
06-07-2008, 04:05 PM
European (more polish) ways of finding a way :wink

LEONARD
06-07-2008, 04:07 PM
bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa hahahahahahahhahaha

suck it Eddie!!!!!!!!

I caught the tail end of that clip...did he get KO'd?

polandprzem
06-07-2008, 04:07 PM
Is Iceman on every UFC?

HE even came to London to see the fighters, a true fan :tu

Evan
06-07-2008, 04:12 PM
Is Iceman on every UFC?

HE even came to London to see the fighters, a true fan :tu

Chuck will be invited to every UFC until he dies. The dude really loves the sport.

Evan
06-07-2008, 04:13 PM
I caught the tail end of that clip...did he get KO'd?
yup

I can't wait to see it again.

:ihit:ihit:ihit:ihit:ihit:ihit:ihit

LEONARD
06-07-2008, 04:13 PM
He was supposed to be the main event, so he at least wanted to show for the fans... :fro

Evan
06-07-2008, 04:15 PM
BTW eddie...TKO...not KO

confusing film editing.

polandprzem
06-07-2008, 04:26 PM
Damn that was brutal

polandprzem
06-07-2008, 04:26 PM
Awefull and BAD

LEONARD
06-07-2008, 04:26 PM
Alves is a bad MOFO!!

:fro

Evan
06-07-2008, 04:27 PM
Highlight reel KO...awesome

I love Matt Hughes but that was awesome

polandprzem
06-07-2008, 04:28 PM
Dana give me title ... belt !

polandprzem
06-07-2008, 04:29 PM
Hughes knows Jesus?

Evan
06-07-2008, 04:36 PM
Hughes knows Jesus?

Nothing wrong with what he said

Evan
06-07-2008, 04:38 PM
matt wiman!!!!!!! HOLY SHIT

LEONARD
06-07-2008, 04:40 PM
Whoa...huge upset there!

LEONARD
06-07-2008, 04:43 PM
His fiance is hot...saw her in Weatherford at her nursing school graduation... :D

LEONARD
06-07-2008, 04:49 PM
Love Kampmann...

dallaskd
06-07-2008, 04:56 PM
Changing my picks to Tavares and Hughes.

:bang:bang:bang

ahhh!!!!

polandprzem
06-07-2008, 04:57 PM
Nothing wrong with what he said

Never said that.

I'm just throwing jokes and sarcasm here and there


UFC 85 was real good, I think you could not expect more from this card.

Swick, Bisbing, Alves

good nighty mma fans

dallaskd
06-07-2008, 04:57 PM
Swick talks as fast as I do...and it drives people nuts....and me listening to him. lol

hence the name "quick"

dallaskd
06-07-2008, 05:00 PM
Every fight was fantastic. the vera fight was bullshit. rematch at 87 or something. sanchez gets KO'd. Swick wins. great fights and it went by pretty fast too. my new rule is only go to BWW and Hooters for day fights cus the place is completely empty and i can stand up and scream like an idiot and no ignorant douche bags.

The Wiman fight was FOTN. beast! and i shouldve kept my pick on him but Leonards post made me second guess myself.

dallaskd
06-07-2008, 05:06 PM
Is Iceman on every UFC?

HE even came to London to see the fighters, a true fan :tu

Im sure he was invited but i think Chuck came to help corner someone because i remember seeing him in the cage giving someone a hug afterwards.

dallaskd
06-07-2008, 05:08 PM
oh and i found it hilarious when vera drops the f-bomb in the resturant with a little kids birthday party there.

dbreiden83080
06-07-2008, 07:58 PM
Is Bisping for real at 185 or is he fighting a bunch of cans right now?? He sure talks enough shit, everytime he fights i want to see him get destroyed.

Evan
06-07-2008, 08:20 PM
Is Bisping for real at 185 or is he fighting a bunch of cans right now?? He sure talks enough shit, everytime he fights i want to see him get destroyed.

I am a huge fan of Bisping...I read all of his blogs and follow him closely. For some reason I love the guy. I think people like Tito are great for the sport even though I personally don't like Tito since his mouth doesn't match his results.

I think Bisping is simply having fun with his mouth as UK sporting fans tend to do. The shit talking on this entire forum doesn't match one thread on a Euro football forum. :lol

So with that said....

to answer your question.

I don't know. :)

dbreiden83080
06-07-2008, 08:58 PM
I am a huge fan of Bisping...I read all of his blogs and follow him closely. For some reason I love the guy. I think people like Tito are great for the sport even though I personally don't like Tito since his mouth doesn't match his results.

I think Bisping is simply having fun with his mouth as UK sporting fans tend to do. The shit talking on this entire forum doesn't match one thread on a Euro football forum. :lol

So with that said....

to answer your question.

I don't know. :)

You know what Evan i didn't mind the guy when he was on TUF 3, i liked him fine. However i hated the way he handled the loss, yes i said it LOSS to Hamill. Got beat handily, handed a bad decision and talks a bunch of shit after the fight, Tells him to "Go back to wrestling", Matt is all class and did not say anything bad about Bisping. I just don't like the guy mainly for that.

Evan
06-07-2008, 10:05 PM
You know what Evan i didn't mind the guy when he was on TUF 3, i liked him fine. However i hated the way he handled the loss, yes i said it LOSS to Hamill. Got beat handily, handed a bad decision and talks a bunch of shit after the fight, Tells him to "Go back to wrestling", Matt is all class and did not say anything bad about Bisping. I just don't like the guy mainly for that.

Can't blame you. He pulled a c-ck sucker attitude when he did that.

djohn14
06-08-2008, 12:24 PM
All hail Thiago Alves

atxrocker
06-08-2008, 03:24 PM
All hail Thiago Alves

no shit, he fucking dominated hughes baaad. hughes seriously looks like he may be done here, just a shell of his former self. alves looked huge compared to hughes last night. hate to say it, but hughes may be a has been. (which would be sad)

and that vera fight was some absolute bullshit, that shit was called very prematurely.

some very good fights on this card, bisping was impressive in his win. good times. few more weeks till ufc 86 which should also be very good.

djohn14
06-08-2008, 04:39 PM
no shit, he fucking dominated hughes baaad. hughes seriously looks like he may be done here, just a shell of his former self. alves looked huge compared to hughes last night. hate to say it, but hughes may be a has been. (which would be sad)

and that vera fight was some absolute bullshit, that shit was called very prematurely.

some very good fights on this card, bisping was impressive in his win. good times. few more weeks till ufc 86 which should also be very good.
Yeah, I honestly think Thiago is ready for a title shot. He's either number one or he should fight Swick. Dont forget about the Ultimate Fighter Finale show. That might be good too. Diego Sanchez-Luigi Fiorvanti...Kendell Grove and Evan Tanner...Spencer Fisher and is it Josh Burkman?...anyway....Im not as upset as some of you are over the Vera-Werdum stoppage. A refs job is to protect the fighters, and Vera wasnt fighting back, he was just laying there with his hands over his face. Werdum did land a few big shots as well. Was it called to early...probably...yeah it was, but Im not upset at all because Vera wasnt fighting back. The ref couldnt tell how hurt he was, and he had to call it, because if he was out, and he gets pounded on for another 15-20 seconds, that could hurt him in the long term.

IX_Equilibrium
06-08-2008, 09:07 PM
Tavares is gonna smash Wiman...


Wiman got PISSED! What a brutal KO.

Oh, and good job in the other forum. Reps.

Evan
06-08-2008, 09:20 PM
Wiman got PISSED! What a brutal KO.

Oh, and good job in the other forum. Reps.

You mean the "bullshit" thread?

LEONARD
06-09-2008, 08:43 AM
Wiman got PISSED! What a brutal KO.

Oh, and good job in the other forum. Reps.

Huge upset for Wiman...glad to see him win...local guy...


You mean the "bullshit" thread?

No, a different MMA forum...

LEONARD
06-09-2008, 08:44 AM
Here are my uploads...most are non-English (all that's available)

Matt Hughes vs Thiago Alves
Avi - http://www.mediafire.com/?t1sdtmnvweb

Michael Bisping vs Jason Day (streaming)
Avi - http://www.sendspace.com/file/gvrv5s

Fabricio Werdum vs Brandon Vera
Avi - http://www.sendspace.com/file/pchblz

Marcus Davis vs Mike Swick
Avi - http://www.sendspace.com/file/4m3my4

Thales Leites vs Nate Marquardt
Avi – http://www.sendspace.com/file/s16osl

Jason Lambert vs Luis Cane
Avi - http://www.mediafire.com/?xilvzq9ajjh

Martin Kampmann vs Jorge Rivera
Avi - http://www.mediafire.com/?95mtxmfn1ny

Thiago Tavares vs Matt Wiman
Avi - http://www.sendspace.com/file/pd6z9g

Still waiting on un-aired fights to hit UFC.com

desflood
06-09-2008, 09:21 AM
Joe Rogan got it right - "Alves is a Destroyer!"

The Vera/Werdum stoppage was... iffy. Vera didn't look like he was in a whole lot of trouble, but he wasn't exactly intelligently defending himself either. Like Randy Couture said in the first TUF season, "This (forearms over face) is not an intelligent defense."

Goodbye, Eddie Sanchez. We hardly knew ye. And even that little bit was too much.

Marquardt really screwed himself out of what would have been a good win, IMHO.

Evan
06-09-2008, 09:32 AM
Joe Rogan got it right - "Alves is a Destroyer!"

The Vera/Werdum stoppage was... iffy. Vera didn't look like he was in a whole lot of trouble, but he wasn't exactly intelligently defending himself either. Like Randy Couture said in the first TUF season, "This (forearms over face) is not an intelligent defense."

Goodbye, Eddie Sanchez. We hardly knew ye. And even that little bit was too much.

Marquardt really screwed himself out of what would have been a good win, IMHO.


Sadly...I don't think he's going anywhere…he's 3-2 in the UFC and took this fight on like 10 days notice.

LEONARD
06-09-2008, 09:32 AM
Leites will beat Marquardt if they rematch...he wasn't the same after the illegal knee...

Props to him for wanting to continue. Remember James Irvin and how he bitched out against Luis Cane after his illegal knee that barely touched him? :lol

http://i6.tinypic.com/85dijj7.gif

http://i5.tinypic.com/8f3r9jb.gif

oligarchy
06-09-2008, 10:08 AM
That was full force. LOOK AT THAT. IT COULD HAVE KILLED HIM!

LEONARD
06-12-2008, 08:33 AM
Hardonk vs Sanchez is actually a pretty good scrap...

Roan Carneiro vs Kevin Burns
http://www.sendspace.com/file/0gupz4

Hardonk vs. Sanchez
http://www.sendspace.com/file/hih9ru

Paul Taylor vs. Jess Liaudin
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SXLD0SXY

djohn14
06-12-2008, 10:40 AM
Leites will beat Marquardt if they rematch...he wasn't the same after the illegal knee...

Props to him for wanting to continue. Remember James Irvin and how he bitched out against Luis Cane after his illegal knee that barely touched him? :lol

http://i6.tinypic.com/85dijj7.gif

http://i5.tinypic.com/8f3r9jb.gif

I do agree with that Leonard.