PDA

View Full Version : June 3 Basketball Lesson

cajunspur
06-03-2008, 08:46 AM
Today I will discuss a couple of different defensive technique's that are commonly used:

- Close Outs - I saw some people on here saying that the only reason different games were won was because one team made more shots. You have to realize though that there is usually a reason a team is making all its open shots. One of the main reasons is that the other team is not closing out well. A close out is where a defender goes out to guard his man after the ball was just passed to him. The proper technique is having your hands up, bending your knees, and chopping your feet. Your hands are up to guard against the shot. Your knees are bent and feet are chopping, so you can move left or right in case of a drive. You should not leave your feet until you see the shooter leave his feet and challenge his shot.

- Backing into the gap - This is done in help side man to man defense. When you see your teammate is beat and you have to help off your man, the proper way to do it is by backing into the gap. This means you stick your rear in the gap, so you are able to still see your man and can close out on him if there is a pass out to him. It also allows you to see him, so he does not cut to the basket without you knowing. This is a tough technique to teach because of the tendency of players to want to turn their body and face up to stop a drive to the goal.

Hope you ladies and gentleman enjoyed todays lesson.

tav1
06-03-2008, 08:50 AM
Dude, if you go find a mirror you'll also find your only audience. Otherwise, fuck off. I'd rather listen to Laker and Hornet trolls.

cajunspur
06-03-2008, 08:58 AM
Dude, if you go find a mirror you'll also find your only audience. Otherwise, fuck off. I'd rather listen to Laker and Hornet trolls.

Sorry if this is over your head

GrandeDavid
06-03-2008, 09:12 AM
Cajunspur, thanks for taking the time to post this for less knowledgeable fans which, by the way, does not include me. But very nice.

cajunspur
06-03-2008, 09:16 AM
Cajunspur, thanks for taking the time to post this for less knowledgeable fans which, by the way, does not include me. But very nice.

Your welcome. You can look search for more of my advanced lessons if you know about this already.

GrandeDavid
06-03-2008, 09:17 AM
Where are they posted?

cajunspur
06-03-2008, 09:28 AM
Where are they posted?

I posted them on here under the name cajunhornetsbayou before Kori banned me for knowing more about basketball than her

curtismedellin
06-03-2008, 09:47 AM
I posted them on here under the name cajunhornetsbayou before Kori banned me for knowing more about basketball than her

cajunhornetsbayou = idiot

Thought that was you, now trolling as Spur fan.

...soon to be giving lessons about racial predjudice and as hinted in avatar female inferiority; or should i say homosexuality? Not that there's anything wrong with that.

:sleep

cajunspur
06-03-2008, 09:58 AM
cajunhornetsbayou = idiot

Thought that was you, now trolling as Spur fan.

...soon to be giving lessons about racial predjudice and as hinted in avatar female inferiority; or should i say homosexuality? Not that there's anything wrong with that.

:sleep

I would not get approved with the name bighornetsfan. Its not trolling if I actually talk basketball. I am not prejudice or "predjudice" as you see it. I also do not feel that females should not discuss basketball with males. I am not homosexual. My wife is great. She cooks, cleans, irons, etc... She watches sports with me, but doesn't pretend to know a lot about it. She would never go on a message board to discuss sports. She might be on a sex and the city or a bed bath and beyond message board.

koriwhat
06-03-2008, 09:59 AM
stop regurgitating betterbasketball™ video scripts.

Supreme_Being
06-03-2008, 10:00 AM
Oh geez. I was about to say "good riddance" but you came back. Oh well.

polandprzem
06-03-2008, 10:04 AM
Now I know why they missed so many shots !

Thanks!

I was not sleeping all the time looking for that information, all long 10 years.
My savior :worthy:

better then google

stepmonkey
06-03-2008, 10:07 AM
My wife is great... She watches sports with me, but doesn't pretend to know a lot about it.

You two are perfect for each other.

cajunspur
06-03-2008, 10:53 AM
stop regurgitating betterbasketball™ video scripts.

Never heard of it.

cajunspur
06-03-2008, 10:53 AM
You two are perfect for each other.

She knows her place as a woman

duncan228
06-03-2008, 10:59 AM
You just couldn't stay away, could you? For a site that's beneath you with an owner that doesn't know as much basketball as you, somehow you're back under at least your third name.

Tells me what I already knew about ST and your sorry ass.

Find a board that cares about your preaching. We don't.

cajunspur
06-03-2008, 11:01 AM
You just couldn't stay away, could you? For a site that's beneath you with an owner that doesn't know as much basketball as you, somehow you're back under at least your third name.

This board has collectively learned a ton about basketball since I have been here. You all can know sound like you know what you are talking about when watching a game.

dbreiden83080
06-03-2008, 11:15 AM

:toast

Duncan228 laying the smackdown

Medvedenko
06-03-2008, 11:17 AM
This is pretty funny really.....

Pistons < Spurs
06-03-2008, 11:19 AM
ban this douche bag.

Spuradicator
06-03-2008, 11:20 AM
Today I will discuss a couple of different defensive technique's that are commonly used:

- Close Outs - I saw some people on here saying that the only reason different games were won was because one team made more shots. You have to realize though that there is usually a reason a team is making all its open shots. One of the main reasons is that the other team is not closing out well. A close out is where a defender goes out to guard his man after the ball was just passed to him. The proper technique is having your hands up, bending your knees, and chopping your feet. Your hands are up to guard against the shot. Your knees are bent and feet are chopping, so you can move left or right in case of a drive. You should not leave your feet until you see the shooter leave his feet and challenge his shot.

- Backing into the gap - This is done in help side man to man defense. When you see your teammate is beat and you have to help off your man, the proper way to do it is by backing into the gap. This means you stick your rear in the gap, so you are able to still see your man and can close out on him if there is a pass out to him. It also allows you to see him, so he does not cut to the basket without you knowing. This is a tough technique to teach because of the tendency of players to want to turn their body and face up to stop a drive to the goal.

Hope you ladies and gentleman enjoyed todays lesson.

:lmao @ you not having a life

cajunspur
06-03-2008, 11:21 AM
:toast

Duncan228 laying the smackdown

Wow now on this site I have seen:
- Rick Roll
- Chuck Norris jokes
- The Rock's line used

cajunspur
06-03-2008, 11:23 AM
:lmao @ you not having a life

Consider yourself informed about basketball. It took about about 4 minutes to write that. I wouldn't consider knowing a lot about basketball not having a life. I love the game. I love to play and coach it. You must not be a basketball fan.

cajunspur
06-03-2008, 11:23 AM
ban this douche bag.

Why do you think I am a douchebag?

duncan228
06-03-2008, 11:24 AM
ban this douche bag.

He's been banned at least twice, I'm sure it's just a matter of time.

Spuradicator
06-03-2008, 11:31 AM
Consider yourself informed about basketball. It took about about 4 minutes to write that. I wouldn't consider knowing a lot about basketball not having a life. I love the game. I love to play and coach it. You must not be a basketball fan.

its childsplay to copy and paste douchebag. The fact that you spend time trolling on another teams fan board because you are a bitter fuck tells me you have no fucking life, and its funny to me.

cajunspur
06-03-2008, 11:34 AM
its childsplay to copy and paste douchebag. The fact that you spend time trolling on another teams fan board because you are a bitter fuck tells me you have no fucking life, and its funny to me.

I didnt copy and paste. Can you explain to me what trolling is? I have not said anything negative about the spurs, and still I get attacked. I am not bitter about anything. I am glad you are amused by something that isn't true.

polandprzem
06-03-2008, 11:39 AM
Just like a junkyard dog

You kick his ass and he don't leave, he loves to be here

:lol

pathetic

cajunspur
06-03-2008, 11:44 AM
Just like a junkyard dog

You kick his ass and he don't leave, he loves to be here

:lol

pathetic

Nobody has come close to kicking my ass

rAm
06-03-2008, 11:45 AM
I think it's pretty funny actually.

polandprzem
06-03-2008, 12:04 PM

you have no idea :lol

balli
06-03-2008, 12:14 PM

If I knew who and where you were and I had the freedom and financial means to get there I'd knock your front teeth into your fucking throat.

cajunspur
06-03-2008, 12:55 PM
If I knew who and where you were and I had the freedom and financial means to get there I'd knock your front teeth into your fucking throat.

Judging by your username, if you were where I am at I would be your boss

balli
06-03-2008, 01:05 PM
Hence the reason you (particularly someone as idiotic and bigoted as you) shouldn't rush to judgment.

SAtown
06-03-2008, 01:30 PM
Why aren't these threads being renamed like the older ones?

cajunspur
06-03-2008, 03:25 PM
Why aren't these threads being renamed like the older ones?

What would you want the names to be?

td4mvp21
06-03-2008, 05:32 PM
This is fucking ridiculous :lol What an arrogant prick.

Avitus1
06-03-2008, 10:30 PM
Here I was hoping you left this place when we beat the Hornets.... :-(

kingsfan
06-03-2008, 11:22 PM
That is way too confusing for me, can you please dumb it down for use poor females. I have some ironing to do while I wait.