PDA

View Full Version : Are you over it?

cbinge
06-03-2008, 11:46 AM
I know it's been almost a week now, but I'm still bothered by how we went out.

Everytime I see a lakers/celtics commercial/plug/story I want to puke. I'm working in boston this week, and it's everywhere.:bang

The guys I'm working with here say I need to see a therapist?

And I know it wasn't all about Crawford, but when I think about this guy sitting in a bar with his buddies thinking he got the last laugh. Excuse me while I puke again....

Does anyone else feel this way or have i lost it....

koriwhat
06-03-2008, 11:48 AM
it still bothers me but i like to bottle up my emotions... hahaha.

fuck LA and Boston!

thispego
06-03-2008, 11:52 AM
this is by far the easiest one to get over

Los Spurs
06-03-2008, 11:52 AM
Forgive and Forget is the best medicine in these cases...

Until next Season :flag:

VinnyTestesVerde
06-03-2008, 11:55 AM
not happy about it, but i'm a bit resigned. we had our chances and blew them. we really missed our chance to punch em in the mouth right out of the gate in game 1 and squandered that, which i think most everyone knew was an enormous blown opportunity.

even though we got the shaft at the end of game 4, we still had our opportunities there as well.

It's just lame. I'm hoping we can re-tool, get some fresh blood and take it in 2009 baby...

VinnyTestesVerde
06-03-2008, 11:56 AM
i also feel great that we sent the s0ns and the hornets packing :clap

that was still a helluva lot of fun :lmao

Mr. Body
06-03-2008, 11:57 AM
They were a weak team, last year was nearly fortunate but the roster clearly had problems. It was willpower alone that would win it this year, so it's not like it was predetermined.

That said, I'm living abroad now so get to avoid ESPN and promo spots and basically the entire American media establishment on all things. So I'm good.

caŽlo
06-03-2008, 11:59 AM
the spurs beat themselves.

this one is pretty easy to get over.

unlike the previous exits.

Fabbs
06-03-2008, 12:04 PM
the spurs beat themselves.
True that.
I can't stand Pop but aint nothing i can do about it.
To me the 6 year window with Timmy Dunks, Manu and Parker has been pissed away 3Xs.

The 65-45 lead with 5:00 left 3rd qtr no i am not over it.
Nor the 17 pt lead in another game.

Thank goodness my assignment up in L.A. ended just before Gm 4. Being up there now would be unbearable.

E20
06-03-2008, 12:04 PM
For a minute I read therapist as the rapist.

Obstructed_View
06-03-2008, 12:25 PM
The Spurs didn't play well when it mattered, didn't make the right decisions when they had the opportunities and lost to a better team in a convincing series without actually rolling over and quitting like little bitches. I'm not happy with the outcome, but given the uninspiring play and inconsistent performance of both offense and defense this year I'm pleased the Spurs even got to the conference finals.

And no, I'm not over it. The Redwings are going to win the Stanley Cup, and either KG and Ray Allen are going to win a ring or Kobe and Derek Fisher are going to get another one. If it weren't for the Giants this would be the most difficult sports year to stomach.

urunobili
06-03-2008, 12:26 PM
not yet... :(

kobyz
06-03-2008, 12:43 PM
it's the hardest to get over, a lot of things bothered me in this year lost: i think we not play are best in this series, the refs screw us in game 4, and generality i think we were supposed to win this series, another thing that bothered me is that the lakers will gonna to improve with Bynum, and the hardest part that bothered me is that Duncan is 32 and he dont gonna have a lot of opportunities for his 5 ring and we wasted a good opportunity for that that we should not wasted

Sigz
06-03-2008, 12:44 PM
I'm over it. Bring on the NFL season.

Guajalote
06-03-2008, 12:59 PM
The absolute HARDEST playoff exit(s) I can remember were:

A- Utah Jazz (Malone/Stockton days). I am originally from the Northwest and went to school in Spokane, Washington, which is where Gonzaga is (Stockton's school). Every ****ing night, I had to listen to the VERY biased local sportscasters, "John Stock-ton and the Utah Jazz". One funny side story was, Stockton's dad owns a tavern up there, which as you can imagine, was crammed full of Jazz memorabilia. My dad was going to dress head to toe in Spurs stuff and go in there and order a beer. :lol

B- The Snaq/Kobe era Lakers. Snaq's mouth was the reason I still can't stand to see a Lakers logo, although now I am getting over it enough. The hardest part was waiting for that guy to cut his own throat, but when he finally did it, BOY was I happy.

This playoff exit was easier for me for two reasons. First, Kobe has matured a bit (although, not even a full season ago, he was whining about wanting to be traded). Second, there are four awfully nice pain killers.:lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2:

dbreiden83080
06-03-2008, 01:02 PM
I'm not happy about it but we were really beat up in the series, and at the end of the day i was proud they got that far being down 0-2 to NO and coming back. People love writing off the Spurs, but they'll be back.

said7
06-03-2008, 01:02 PM
Im over it. but...

Nothing in all sports as hurt more than .4.

koopa
06-03-2008, 01:28 PM
i'm over it, got over the same day as the loss, we just don't have the talent or the coaching to ever repeat so when we win it one year, i already prepare my self for complete failure the next because when we win, we never try to get better......... so it's real easy for me to get over it now

SenorSpur
06-03-2008, 01:36 PM
I already had reservations about this roster coming into this season - despite the championship in hand. In one way I'm resigned about it. In another way, I'm pissed at Pop and RC.

Watching this team's inconsistency and their road woes during the season made me realize they would continue to struggle into the playoffs, depending on the matchup. Indeed, the struggles against the younger, quicker, hungrier teams continued through the playoffs. I never expected the Fakers to be the ones to take us out, but now I understand why.

Though they will NEVER admit it publicly, Pop and RC bet on this roster one season too long. They should have jettisoned a couple of the old guys and added another piece or two in order to sustain their bench. Several "bad", key decisions cost them the opportunity to truly compete for a title. The Scola deal has and will continue to haunt the organization. Had they gotten something of value in return, it would've been palatable. The Beno washout with no viable backup. The Damon Stoudamire signing. Now to add insult to injury, now the Splitter selection is now considered bust, for the next 2 seasons anyway.

All in all, I've accepted it, but still somewhat pissed because I feel it could've been avoided.

Thomas82
06-03-2008, 01:39 PM
i'm over it, got over the same day as the loss, we just don't have the talent or the coaching to ever repeat so when we win it one year, i already prepare my self for complete failure the next because when we win, we never try to get better......... so it's real easy for me to get over it now

That's an interesting way to look at it.

MoSpur
06-03-2008, 01:40 PM
I got over the next day. The Spurs got beat by a team that took advantage of the Spurs weaknesses. Their main weakness was Manu not being 100%. Its not an excuse. Its the truth. The Lakers saw exactly what could happen when Manu scored over 30. However, Manu couldn't put on another performance like that in the series because of a bum ankle.

I know the Spurs could have made it to the Finals or at least more competetive with a healthy Manu. The Lakers did what they had to do. They handled their business.

I'm now looking forward to what the Spurs FO is gonna do to get back there again next year.

rascal
06-03-2008, 01:44 PM
Anyone who really thought the spurs would win this year with the way they played in March and April against the top teams was foolish. They did well going as far as they did.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-03-2008, 01:46 PM
I got over it by Saturday. (The Spurs not repeating and going all the way that is)

HOWEVER, I can't get over Kobe and Phil and KG's Motley Crew being in the Finals. That I still hate. It's like the worst of both worlds. I could have dealt with Chris Paul making his finals appearance instead of us. Even Sloan, and even Shaq-Nash, with the talent they had. But the Manufactured Finals scenario? :vomit: It's like the bad guys won finally. (not referring to the two teams players) Manu's right, the Finals should be suspended.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-03-2008, 01:49 PM
I never expected the Fakers to be the ones to take us out, but now I understand why.

Though they will NEVER admit it publicly, Pop and RC bet on this roster one season too long. They should have jettisoned a couple of the old guys and added another piece or two in order to sustain their bench. Several "bad", key decisions cost them the opportunity to truly compete for a title. The Scola deal has and will continue to haunt the organization. Had they gotten something of value in return, it would've been palatable. The Beno washout with no viable backup. The Damon Stoudamire signing. Now to add insult to injury, now the Splitter selection is now considered bust, for the next 2 seasons anyway.

All in all, I've accepted it, but still somewhat pissed because I feel it could've been avoided.

I agree. All the Spurs needed to do was be more proactive and not rely on the logic of repeating, and not doing what they've done in the past.
All we needed was a little more depth and we could have beat the Lakers. To be fair, Pop and RC played it too conservative, and the stellar blockbusters were something they couldn't have foreseen. But the Scola, Beno thing were issues they could have addressed better possibly.

rascal
06-03-2008, 02:00 PM
I already had reservations about this roster coming into this season - despite the championship in hand. In one way I'm resigned about it. In another way, I'm pissed at Pop and RC.

Watching this team's inconsistency and their road woes during the season made me realize they would continue to struggle into the playoffs, depending on the matchup. Indeed, the struggles against the younger, quicker, hungrier teams continued through the playoffs. I never expected the Fakers to be the ones to take us out, but now I understand why.

Agree. What have the spurs done over the last two years in player acquisistions that have been all that good?

I can't think of anything the spurs have done that really you can say was a good move. Maybe Thomas but he is not an impact player that really improves the team all that much. And they made some bad moves.

They were very lucky to win it all last year, catching breaks with the playoff suspensions and cut nose to Nash ect. They did not win by dominating the league so I did not agree with keeping the entire roster as it was going into the season.

The dynamics of the league was not going to be the same and of course it changed with teams getting stronger so last years team was not good enough anymore in the end. It was obvious to me that standing pat with the team last year would not be good enough.

mrspurs
06-03-2008, 02:13 PM
i got over it....after we barely beat the hornets...win a few more games....and this whole story changes.....wasting time with mighty mouse, and kurt thomas is was lost us home court advantage....and with these old boys we got....it was just to much to overcome....go spurs go

Los Spurs
06-03-2008, 03:05 PM
Anyone who really thought the spurs would win this year with the way they played in March and April against the top teams was foolish. They did well going as far as they did.

I remember back in March when the Spurs were up by 20+ points against the Celtics and all of a sudden BOOM! :depressed

KobeBeef
06-03-2008, 03:05 PM
Lakers BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Celtics are dead meat!

Jobbs
06-03-2008, 03:28 PM
No i'm not over it. I still refuse to watch the Finals and re-watch the Spurs championship special edition dvds :|

spursfan98
06-03-2008, 03:29 PM
Im over it. Cant wait till the draft! Please dont dissapoint us RC!

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-03-2008, 03:30 PM
For all those in the thread (myself included) who said they were over it within a day or two...there will be plenty of relapses, come Thursday...GUARANSHEED

mexicanjunior
06-03-2008, 03:50 PM
I got over it this past weekend...still hurts though. I have directed my anger into rooting for the Celtics though, I don't want to see Kobe, Phil or that classless bastard Vujicac win a fucking thing...

spurs 09
06-03-2008, 03:54 PM

Everytime I see a lakers/celtics commercial/plug/story I want to puke. I'm working in boston this week, and it's everywhere.:bang

And I know it wasn't all about Crawford, but when I think about this guy sitting in a bar with his buddies thinking he got the last laugh. Excuse me while I puke again....

I am over it and you have lost it. We deserved to lose that series. I hate everyone making excuses. It makes us look bad. We lost, stop acting like a little spoiled kid.

lefty
06-03-2008, 03:54 PM

I'll be over it only if Bird and Magic play; oh well, I guess we'll get to see them during the 2 hour pregame ceremony........ :sleep

cbinge
06-03-2008, 04:49 PM
I am over it and you have lost it. We deserved to lose that series. I hate everyone making excuses. It makes us look bad. We lost, stop acting like a little spoiled kid.

OUCH. This is supposed to be a make me feel better thread, not a flame the originator thread. I'm 42, and I'm not trying to make excuses(although I am spoiled with 4 championship after years of heartbreak). If you suffered the pain of spurs disappointments in late 70's, 80's, and early-mid 90's, I think I know about getting over it.

I don't know exactly why it's bothering me so much, again being in boston, all the media is acting like they(celts) and the lakers were entitled to get to this championship series. FUCK THAT.
I am paranoid/conspiracy theorist, etc... and this really smells

Anyway, I was hoping this thread would give me some peace of mind, maybe I do need to get some help...

florige
06-03-2008, 04:52 PM
I'm over this one alot easier than last time due to the fact of how we went out. With a healthy Manu we probably win that series. That series against Dallas was the worst because it was because of a bonehead play that we were not finally winning back to back championships. You couldn't really do anything about Manu being hurt.

rAm
06-03-2008, 05:09 PM
OUCH. This is supposed to be a make me feel better thread, not a flame the originator thread. I'm 42, and I'm not trying to make excuses(although I am spoiled with 4 championship after years of heartbreak). If you suffered the pain of spurs disappointments in late 70's, 80's, and early-mid 90's, I think I know about getting over it.

I don't know exactly why it's bothering me so much, again being in boston, all the media is acting like they(celts) and the lakers were entitled to get to this championship series. FUCK THAT.
I am paranoid/conspiracy theorist, etc... and this really smells

Anyway, I was hoping this thread would give me some peace of mind, maybe I do need to get some help...

He is a Laker Troll, don't get all upset

cbinge
06-03-2008, 05:43 PM
He is a Laker Troll, don't get all upset

thanks?

mytespurs
06-03-2008, 07:14 PM
I'm over it in a sense. I'm trying to look forward, not backward.
I won't escape the championship coverage since I live in LA. It would be easier to ignore if I lived in another area like SD or Northern California. But I've been tuning out so far.

It will end when the the championship is over...then life will be a be a bore until nfl preseason camps open....Go DOLPHINS!!! :toast :lol
They may suck but that's my team.

mytespurs
06-03-2008, 07:15 PM
I remember back in March when the Spurs were up by 20+ points against the Celtics and all of a sudden BOOM! :depressed

That game always crossed my mind after watching the Spurs blow leads during the playoffs.

dknights411
06-03-2008, 07:27 PM
I was in Vegas when we got knocked out, but I won $88 on the slots that night, and anothert $40 the following day (I just put one dollar in the machine and BOOM! Instant cash!!!), so I never really felt that binge of depression after the loss. Man, am I pissed I had to go back today. I was on a roll too...:depressed

So to answer your question, I've gotten over the Spurs loss, but not leaving Vegas.

Magic_Johnson
06-03-2008, 07:45 PM
I was over it, then I saw this thread
Thank you:bang

Sp Ginobili 20
06-03-2008, 07:47 PM
I got over it the same day they lost the series. It was tough, but they still fought. Plus, it doesn't hurt that much to watch the Champ DVDs

Budkin
06-03-2008, 08:16 PM
It was hard to believe we won again last year so this one was easy to get over.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-03-2008, 08:21 PM
I was over it within the hour. I always look forward to the draft greatly. The draft is probably my favorite time of the basketball year.

NewJerSpur
06-03-2008, 08:28 PM
2006 was tougher for me:

1) SA lost to DALLAS of all teams (and they were clearly the better team in that series which at the time scared the hell out of me moving forward).

2) SA lost to a team coached by a former Spurs icon in Avery Johnson...oh the irony.

3) SA lost in SA

4) SA kept making you think they were going to come back and take the series only to fall apart and make poor decisions down the stretch.

5) SA lost to a finess offensive team who's primary threat wasn't a dynamic slasher nor a dominating force in the post....he was a pure jump shooter, and I nearly crapped my pants everytime the ball left his finger tips.

Even though this one will sting until the NFL and new NBA season come around (Go Seahawks...I hate the Giants) the Dallas series left a more bitter taste in my mouth.

Mister Sinister
06-03-2008, 08:36 PM
Meh.

Avitus1
06-03-2008, 10:51 PM
Still pissed off about it. Dont like to think to much about it. All and all though the Playoffs were great for us considering our team wasn't entirely great this year. I wont be watching the Finals though.. the real Champs are not playing in it. Next year is an odd year...

carina_gino20
06-04-2008, 02:35 AM
I think I'm over it, but there's some bitter taste left. I took it more calmly than 2006 and 2004, though, for some reason. But it still sucks that I won't be seeing them for a long time and I'll have to hear about the Celtics and Lakers for the next couple of months. Detroit winning the East would have lessened it a bit, but it wasn't in the script.

angelbelow
06-04-2008, 02:42 AM
i live in LA, im not gonna be over this until the laker fan stfu.

ATXSPUR
06-04-2008, 02:54 AM
All I can say is thank God for LSU Football and the New York Giants....if not for them this year in sports would have killed me.

ugh....i'm sorry but the media and casual fans getting what they want in this finals just doesn't work for me...Detroit winning in the east atleast would have been nice. ugh....DAMNIT!!! Ok now i'm pissed again.

SenorSpur
06-04-2008, 03:07 AM
I'll looking forward to RC and Pop doing what they should've done last offseason. So if we come back next season with 2 new swingmen (FA +!st rounder), another backup big + Ian and a backup PG, I'll be happy and it'll have been worth the sacrifice.

Benvolio_Montague
06-04-2008, 03:18 AM
no. I'm not over it.

I watched every single Spurs game in its entirety for the whole season.

I saw every game of the first and second round of the playoffs, and the Spurs prevailed.

I got a new job, and the hours forced me to miss Every game of the Lakers series, except Game 3, which the Spurs won.

Every game I missed, the Spurs lost.

It is all my fault.

EJK5032
06-04-2008, 11:38 AM

dude, you oughta be me.......I live in SoCal.......I gotta put up with the Fakeshow bandwagon all the time

Obstructed_View
06-05-2008, 05:15 PM
In 2006 the Spurs lost in overtime of game seven at home with their two (healthy)starting centers completely out of the rotation for five of those games, and Oberto ahead of them in the rotation. THAT one was tough to handle.

TampaDude
06-05-2008, 05:18 PM

+1 The Spurs got straight up beat in the WCF...no .4...no Manu foul...the Lakers were just better...I hope they win it all, too...FUCK BOSTON!!! :flipoff

Budkin
06-05-2008, 05:29 PM
Yes, looking forward to next year already.

mVp
06-05-2008, 05:36 PM

No kidding, I feel the same way.

dknights411
06-05-2008, 08:57 PM
+1 The Spurs got straight up beat in the WCF...no .4...no Manu foul...the Lakers were just better...I hope they win it all, too...FUCK BOSTON!!! :flipoff

Seeing Boston fans crying over the Lakers all over again would be sweet. :lol

brettn
06-05-2008, 09:00 PM
i hope they both lose.

SenorSpur
06-05-2008, 09:27 PM
I was over it until I tuned in to Game 1 of the NBA Finals. Seems I'm not interested, so I wont watch.

SPURSGOAT
06-05-2008, 10:03 PM
I was over it until I tuned in to Game 1 of the NBA Finals. Seems I'm not interested, so I wont watch.

I hear ya.... I was completely over it til I started watching Game 1 of the Finals and it just didn't feel right that we were not there... like someone had just stole my lunch money. :depressed

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-05-2008, 10:13 PM
I'm JEALOUS

I don't understand how people say this is the easiest to get over. This 2008 season sucked, because we actually had a worthy opponent to meet in the Finals. That's what it's all about. I want the Spurs to play the best team at the biggest stage. :pctoss

I hated the piece of shit no competition finals for the other ships besides 2005.

dknights411
06-05-2008, 11:20 PM
I'm JEALOUS

I don't understand how people say this is the easiest to get over. This 2008 season sucked, because we actually had a worthy opponent to meet in the Finals. That's what it's all about. I want the Spurs to play the best team at the biggest stage. :pctoss

I hated the piece of shit no competition finals for the other ships besides 2005.

In 1999 and 2003, the entire East was pretty weak (Keep in mind that the Lakers three-peat came against Indiana, Philly, and New Jersey. people seem to forget about that). We SHOULD have had the Pistons again in 2007, but they shot themselves in the foot. It's not really the Spurs fault that the East (except for the Pistons) sucked balls for the better part of the decade.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-05-2008, 11:26 PM
In 1999 and 2003, the entire East was pretty weak (Keep in mind that the Lakers three-peat came against Indiana, Philly, and New Jersey. people seem to forget about that). We SHOULD have had the Pistons again in 2007, but they shot themselves in the foot. It's not really the Spurs fault that the East (except for the Pistons) sucked balls for the better part of the decade.

I think I"m just mad specificaly because of the 2007 Finals, with the exception of the Trophy celebration and Tony lighting it up--it was very anti-climactic, Varsity team vs. Jr. Varsity... Pistons would have been a worthier opponent for sure.

The 1999, 2003, were still fun to watch, but it was easy to get cocky and expect the championship. The suspense of 2005, was what I was hoping to see again, if Spurs made it all the way.

Mr. Body
06-05-2008, 11:30 PM
What sucks is LA is such a pansy, uninspiring band of douches.

cbinge
06-07-2008, 10:37 PM

couldn't watch either. maybe tommorrow at least in the 4th. I must admit I would have enjoyed watching kobe choke on thursday.

can't see myself wanting la to win this, kobe getting his 4th and phil getting another one, but kg and ray ray aren't my favorites....i'll agree with the poster who said maybe neither will win...

T Park
06-07-2008, 11:12 PM
I was until the ABC commercials with the music they started using last year, and seeing the Lakers in it, when they aren't the better team.

tmtcsc
06-07-2008, 11:57 PM
Over what ? :p:

Yeah, it's over. I'm looking forward to the Draft, Free Agency and then Fantasy Football and then....game on.

The West got tougher but I think we'll be fine. We need to plug some holes and add some new offense to the team and we'll be right back in the thick of it.

I'm Bullish on the Spurs bouncing back. There has been so much speculation as to who we will draft or who we will pick up but the answer may be some hungry, no name FA from God Knows Where that will bring it every night and flourish in our system.

From the "Players Discussed on this board File":

I liked what I saw from Kelenna Azabuike but his numbers are modest. Would he really do well here ? He's young and athletic but can he shoot ?

Kori Ellis
06-08-2008, 12:21 AM
I was over it about 2 minutes after the game ended.

timvp
06-08-2008, 12:26 AM
I'm still not over 2006. Don't foul and then the Spurs have the Amare-less Suns and the Antoine Walker Heat. Three championships in a row.

:depressed

spurschick
06-08-2008, 09:42 AM
I was over it about 2 minutes after the game ended.

My sentiments exactly. I turned the TV off and went straight to bed.

fotan2
06-08-2008, 11:29 AM

i dont agree . the spurs always hold back themselves in the regular season.

alamo50
06-08-2008, 02:27 PM
I am, cause I know I am gonna be there again next season.

nfg3
06-08-2008, 04:28 PM
I'm still not over 2006. Don't foul and then the Spurs have the Amare-less Suns and the Antoine Walker Heat. Three championships in a row.

:depressed

Ditto.

No foul and we take out the Suns and the Heat.

3peat.

DAMN! :pctoss

samikeyp
06-08-2008, 08:21 PM
I am, cause I know Alamo50 is gonna be there again. :lol

:toast brother!