PDA

View Full Version : Spurs get no respect...(WRONG!)

CosmicCowboy
01-28-2005, 05:10 PM
check it out...almost scary...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1977868

SLOVENIAN 8
01-28-2005, 05:17 PM
Nice about Finals Prediction, but midseason awards are funny :lol

boutons
01-28-2005, 05:26 PM
As last season, the NBA title is the Spurs' to lose.

exstatic
01-28-2005, 05:27 PM
As last season, the NBA title is the Spurs' to lose.
Uh, The Lakers were the press and fan fave last year, before the Shaq/Kobe divorce.

timvp
01-28-2005, 05:29 PM
Larry Hughes and LeBron James as defensive player of the year?

:lmao X 1000

exstatic
01-28-2005, 05:30 PM
Had to laugh at the one sad, misguided vote for LeBron for DPOY. :lmao

exstatic
01-28-2005, 05:31 PM
Nice to see the love for Tim and BB in that category.

1Parker1
01-28-2005, 05:31 PM
I usually don't watch Cavs games, but this is the first I've heard of Lebron as a defensive player. Does he really play great defense?

timvp
01-28-2005, 05:35 PM
No.

1Parker1
01-28-2005, 05:37 PM
Sheldon Specer from ESPN: EC FINALS: Pistons over RAPTORS??

haha, what the hell is he smoking?

bigzak25
01-28-2005, 05:39 PM
DPOY is TD's. His blocks are up and the Spurs D is tops, he's right their in boards and he's behind only? ak47? in blocks......ak must have been temendous in his 17 games played....

smeagol
01-28-2005, 05:41 PM
I usually don't watch Cavs games, but this is the first I've heard of Lebron as a defensive player. Does he really play great defense?
No, he is just good at picking pockets.

Phenomanul
01-28-2005, 05:46 PM

That's what the league will push for so that they can market Lebron as belonging in MJ's class.....

That being said, LeBron is an awesome player... but DPOY??... not quite..

boutons
01-28-2005, 05:51 PM
"The Lakers were the press and fan fave last year"

WTF does that have to do with reality? I give the ESPN poll no credibility. I trust my own observations of Spurs and other top teams. The Spurs are 2005 champions, if they want to be.

The Spurs were the best team last year, but they wimped out, dumbed down, 4-downed, and collapsed vs Lakers.

RobinsontoDuncan
01-28-2005, 05:59 PM
i wonder why rick bucher thinks the Wolves are going to make it to the western finals, does he know something i don't?

Matrix
01-28-2005, 06:02 PM
7 out of 9 picking a suns/spurs WCF, that will be fun....

Man In Black
01-28-2005, 06:10 PM
Screw that. ESPN Magazines and Websites are fine. IT'S THE STUPID TV COVERAGE THAT PISSES ME OFF. How many times have we seen the Spurs do something amazing like last night's pass from Parker to Manu and get no run on top 10? If it was a pass from McInnis to LBJ, it would be #1 on all of the top 10's. Last night, I saw 5 plays from the same COLLEGE game that made the Top 10. All of them paled in comparison to either of Manu's dunks...Utter Bull-shit!!!

This morning I'm watching Cold Pizza-The 1st & 10 segment with Woody Page and Skip Bayless. Topic of discussion-Manu Ginobili. Skip talked about how awesome Manu has played of late and how the team is much more exciting to watch with him and the Spurs running more now than in year's past. Woody Paige-A UT-Austin grad no less-Busted out Kermit the Frog and then continued to call the Tim Duncan and the Spurs Boring. Screw him and the ESPN TV Media. I'll be laughing at them when their forced to "enjoy" another party on the Riverwalk.
I'm almost ready to detail a months worth of how BADLY the team gets treated. I watched the replay of last weeks destruction of the Suns and out of 2 hours allotted for the replay. It gets cut down to an hour & a half. On top of that, they skipped forward and instead of playing the game they hit us with more commercials. So for that entire time, I was forced to watch 1 hour of commercials. Literally.
Makr Shapiro and the ESPN TV Programming crew are biased against small-market San Antonio and it's ways of team basketball. I hate them.

SequSpur
01-28-2005, 06:12 PM
Blame City Council. This city sucks. It ain't ever going to get any run, haven't you figured that out after 2 NBA Championships?

exstatic
01-28-2005, 06:29 PM
I have watched almost every game this year, and I have to say that LeBron was, hands down, the worst wing defender we faced. I think for overall defender, the worst was Steve Nash, but he really only matches up with PGs. Nash doesn't even try. LeBron either goes for a steal and dunk, or loses all interest. At least he tries occasionally. The most basic crossover will get you by him, though. I think even Bowen got by him off the dribble.

CosmicCowboy
01-28-2005, 06:49 PM
Blame City Council. This city sucks. It ain't ever going to get any run, haven't you figured that out after 2 NBA Championships?

Its that damn three foot rule for strippers...how can you respect a town that is that pussy whipped?...:lol

Dre_7
01-28-2005, 07:48 PM

He has gotta be high! Hes the only one that has the Suns winning it all! Gimme a break!

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
01-29-2005, 12:52 AM
coach of the year should be skiles, especially if the bulls make the playoffs

Rummpd
01-29-2005, 11:30 AM
THE RAPTORS by Sheldon Spencer in Finals losing to Suns.

Dumbest sports columnist prediction (MOUSE LIKE IN NATURE)
ever???????????????????????????????????????

ALVAREZ6
01-29-2005, 11:33 AM
THE RAPTORS by Sheldon Spencer in Finals losing to Suns.

Dumbest sports columnist prediction (MOUSE LIKE IN NATURE)
ever???????????????????????????????????????
Sheldon Spencer...who ever that is, that's one clueless dumb fuck.

The Raptors won't even make the play-offs, so that's a pretty retarded prediction.

ShoogarBear
01-29-2005, 12:16 PM
Coach of the year should be Nate McMillan, hands down. No one else should even be close.

Phoenix and Chicago improved their talent from last year.

Seattle got no one and lost Brent Barry from a team that didn't make the playoffs last season. F'in unbelievable.

boutons
01-29-2005, 12:29 PM
WTF? how about their new bigs??

Collison is playing important minutes after being injured all his rookie season, and Danny joined SEA this year from DAL. Two critical bench additions when their starting C and PF suck.

ShoogarBear
01-29-2005, 12:49 PM
All right, "Seattle got no one" was clearly an exaggeration, but NO ONE at the beginning of the year said that Collison or Fortson would be of any significance.

Everyone knew that Nash/Q and Deng/Gordon were big pick-ups.

sa_butta
01-29-2005, 04:31 PM

Crack
Raptors would not even be in the playoffs at this point.