PDA

View Full Version : A little advice please.

PakiDan
06-03-2008, 02:49 PM
I know ya'll are probably tired of hearing from me, but I promise this is the last thread I start pertaining to me and my situation... As a result of everything that's happened, I've been declared disabled and had to resign from my job. The doctor says I should probably not do anything to demanding right now, but I can't stand not working. Does anyone know of any legit work from home ideas, assistance for those with disabilities etc. programs? My background is sales and communications. My most recent gig was producing press conferences for the Army around the country(In which I MC'd as well) but have experience in mortgage and investments and writing/editing. Thanks in advance for your help.

ashbeeigh
06-03-2008, 02:52 PM
There was a thread from late October about work from Home jobs. I can't remember what the place was called that I interviewed with last October that did home stuff. It was insurance. Like a call center that directed the calls to home. You answer their questions about insurance, providers, doctors, plans, etc.

It's off of De Zavala. I can't remember it for the life of me though. If I remember I'll post it.

BacktoBasics
06-03-2008, 02:56 PM
It was my thread about the home based business industry. Lots of good ideas there. Two or three were awesome and my wife would have jumped on them but they wouldn't allow her to work out of Corpus only SA. Someone bump the thread for him.

peewee's lovechild
06-03-2008, 02:57 PM
You might want to PM Melmart.

She does writing and editing.
I'm sure she'd be willing to point you in the right direction.

florige
06-03-2008, 03:05 PM
I'm sure nobody here minds about your threads buddy.

BacktoBasics
06-03-2008, 03:19 PM

easjer
06-03-2008, 03:43 PM

+1

Also check out craigslist; sounds odd, but there are frequently editing and other jobs posted there that can be done from home.

Melmart1
06-03-2008, 03:49 PM
+1

Also check out craigslist; sounds odd, but there are frequently editing and other jobs posted there that can be done from home.

Yeah, but don't just check the SA board. That one sucks, for the most part. Try big cities too ... I get most of my gigs from New York, Chicago, Austin and occasionally something good in Boston and DC/Northern Virginia. I use MyYahoo to list them all for me on one page instead of going to each Craigslist page directly. It's a huge timesaver.

bendmz
06-03-2008, 09:34 PM
AARP.......they're pretty good about stuff like this.

ShoogarBear
06-03-2008, 09:39 PM
Damn, Paki. Good to see you're keeping in shape by typing. :p:

Chief
06-03-2008, 09:48 PM
paki check ur pms

Slydragon
06-03-2008, 09:49 PM
Can I borrow your parking window thing?

So did they tell how long the heart list is? Crazy how coughing lead to all this.
If no job gets too straining on your cash flow set up a paypal account and post it. Gladly chip in.

PakiDan
06-04-2008, 10:22 AM
Can I borrow your parking window thing?

So did they tell how long the heart list is? Crazy how coughing lead to all this.
If no job gets too straining on your cash flow set up a paypal account and post it. Gladly chip in.

:) Thanks Sly - if it comes to that - I'll let you know :)