PDA

View Full Version : Possible to get these two FA?

SPURSGOAT
06-03-2008, 06:27 PM
Childress and Pietrus? is it possible to get both... I know dreaming... :depressed

If not both, then which one? Childress plays great D, has great hops, athletic, and young... Pietrus Plays decent D, young, athletic, buddies with Parker..

djohn14
06-03-2008, 06:29 PM
Both?...NO...Pietrus probably more so because of the French connection.

spursfan98
06-03-2008, 06:36 PM
Both?...NO...Pietrus probably more so because of the French connection.

probobly not both... pietrus yes. maybe another player too but i dont think childress too

djohn14
06-03-2008, 06:38 PM
Id love to get Pietrus. We get him and let him and Manu handle the 2 gaurd duties. Then when Bowen leaves he can play SF with Udoka off the bench.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-03-2008, 06:40 PM
I'd rather have Azubuike or JR than Pietrus.

Southwest Texas Fan
06-03-2008, 06:43 PM
Is Pietrus a slasher and can he create his own shot?

SPURSGOAT
06-03-2008, 06:57 PM
knew I was dreaming... oh well.. Pietrus will be a good role player...Childress will probably be too expensive anyhow. Just think Childress would have a better shot at being a starter of the two...

AFBlue
06-03-2008, 07:01 PM
Pietrus is most likely because he's an unrestricted FA, but getting both is impossible.

Marcus Bryant
06-03-2008, 07:02 PM
Spurs' top target should be JR Smith. He is more than a MLE player, but he will probably end up with the MLE given Denver's lux tax situation.

If not him, I really like the idea of Pargo. He fits Spurs basketball. That would give TP a dependable backup for the next 4 seasons. Plus he's an unrestricted FA.

After that, I think Matt Barnes makes a lot of sense. Maybe the Spurs could pull off a sign and trade with Golden State for Barnes and keep the MLE free for Smith or Pargo. Barnes figures to be an odd man out in Oakland.

SPURSGOAT
06-03-2008, 07:16 PM
Spurs' top target should be JR Smith. He is more than a MLE player, but he will probably end up with the MLE given Denver's lux tax situation.

If not him, I really like the idea of Pargo. He fits Spurs basketball. That would give TP a dependable backup for the next 4 seasons. Plus he's an unrestricted FA.

After that, I think Matt Barnes makes a lot of sense. Maybe the Spurs could pull off a sign and trade with Golden State for Barnes and keep the MLE free for Smith or Pargo. Barnes figures to be an odd man out in Oakland.

--------------------------------

Yea actually Pargo would be a good addition... good backup for Tony...I think JR Smith would be tough to get... Denver probably wants to keep him. Not too high on Barnes...

Mr. Body
06-03-2008, 07:28 PM
Childress is the best, IMO, but Atlanta won't let him go.

I like the idea of Pargo, too.

S&T for Barnes using Bonner would be nice.

spursfan98
06-03-2008, 07:31 PM
Childress is the best, IMO, but Atlanta won't let him go.

I like the idea of Pargo, too.

S&T for Barnes using Bonner would be nice.

Barnes caught my attention in the series against dallas. he can sure fucking shoot and score. we need that

Russ
06-03-2008, 07:47 PM
Barnes caught my attention in the series against dallas. he can sure fucking shoot and score. we need that

Matt Barnes has too many tatoos to be a Spur (and you think I'm kidding).

Pietrus looks intriguing. Three questions:

(1) Can he go to the rack?

(2) Can he create his own shot?

(3) Can he (will he) defend?

spursfan98
06-03-2008, 07:52 PM

Who cares if he has tatoos that doesnt decide how he plays

spursfan98
06-03-2008, 07:53 PM
Who cares if he has tatoos that doesnt decide how he plays

We used to have Cherokee Parks... He had the most tats in the league... more than iverson

Russ
06-03-2008, 07:54 PM
We used to have Cherokee Parks... He had the most tats in the league... more than iverson

I rest my case. :)

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-03-2008, 07:55 PM

He can go to the rack and defend, but I don't know about creating his own shot.

Magic_Johnson
06-03-2008, 07:56 PM
Pietrus = low basketball IQ, but good finisher and decent 3pt shooter

timaios
06-03-2008, 07:56 PM

yes
no
yes

Russ
06-03-2008, 07:58 PM
He can go to the rack and defend, but I don't know about creating his own shot.

Two outta three ain't bad -- let's get him!

tav1
06-03-2008, 08:00 PM
No. Childress is restricted and will demand at least the MLE. Pietrus, on his own, we could get, if we wanted.

spursfan98
06-03-2008, 08:00 PM
Cherokee parks was a joke
matt barnes aint a joke

SPURSGOAT
06-03-2008, 08:02 PM
Two outta three ain't bad -- let's get him!

ha-ha! yea I would be happy with him... Parker is probably over there twisting the FO's arm to bring him on board... lol! :downspin:

SPURSGOAT
06-03-2008, 08:04 PM
Cherokee parks was a joke
matt barnes aint a joke

True about Barnes' shot though... he can shoot the lights out... gets on some real hot streaks and plays some pretty decent D...

spursfan98
06-03-2008, 08:08 PM
True about Barnes' shot though... he can shoot the lights out... gets on some real hot streaks and plays some pretty decent D...

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/h_OosSMj50Y&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/h_OosSMj50Y&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

spursfan98
06-03-2008, 08:10 PM

http://youtube.com/watch?v=h_OosSMj50Y

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-03-2008, 08:12 PM
h_OosSMj50Y

spursfan98
06-03-2008, 08:12 PM
h_OosSMj50Y

thanks bro.

AFBlue
06-03-2008, 08:14 PM
If the Spurs got Pietrus you'd have to call their off-season a success. This is a very athletic and relatively young kid that could come in on a short contract and prove he's worth keeping around.

He's still got holes in his game, but is probably the best option for the money at this point.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-03-2008, 08:14 PM
thanks bro.

For the future, you take the video ID, which is the part in bold, www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_OosSMj50Y , and put the code [ youtube ] [ / youtube ] before and after, with no spaces at all.

spursfan98
06-03-2008, 08:15 PM
For the future, you take the video ID, which is the part in bold, www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_OosSMj50Y , and put the code before and after, without the spaces.

thanks again

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-03-2008, 08:22 PM
If you have problems doing it, you can just quote my comment where I put the video and see how I did it.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
06-03-2008, 08:23 PM

Nice plan, that, although I'd prefer Azubiuke rather than Smith. However, you are probably right that they resign Kelenna and Barnes becomes the odd man out.

I could live with Pargo, Barnes, Mahinmi coming in, and maybe one more cheap vet bigman. This lineup:

TP, Pargo, JV
Manu, Barry
Bowen, Udoka, Barnes
TD, KT
Oberto, Ian

plus a young swingman from the draft, and we'd be in the mix yet again methinks, whilst getting a bit younger.

As for Pietrus and Smith, they are both very talented, but I think they both have head issues - Smith's ego, and Pietrus' low basketball IQ. Both are a high risk high reward propostion, whereas Barnes is low risk but alos low upside - you know what you are getting with him.

AFBlue
06-03-2008, 08:27 PM
I lump Barnes and Najera in the same category. Neither are high upside, both are high energy, and both can play the 4-spot in a small-ball situation.

Barnes, coming off a so-so year, is probably the better value at this point.

SPURSGOAT
06-03-2008, 08:47 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=h_OosSMj50Y

:toast nice vid of Barnes... yea he would be a good addition... yea can dunk and shoot the 3... if we can get him and pargo or pietrus.. it would certainly help..Like JR Smith too, but don't see the Nuggets letting him go without a fight... :ihit