PDA

View Full Version : Would Bulls trade No.1 pick for Wade?

Chief
06-03-2008, 08:40 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/post/Would-Bulls-trade-No-1-pick-for-Wade-?urn=nba,85855

http://f3.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_sports_rumors__21/ept_sports_rumors-3582675-1196164221.jpg?ym.hZg.CDzTPU.f9

Tuesday, Jun 3, 2008 3:44 pm EDT
Would Bulls trade No.1 pick for Wade?
Dwayne Wade

Getty Images

Dwyane Wade says he keeps hearing his name mentioned in trade rumors involving the Bulls and Miami Heat. Would the Bulls give up the No. 1 draft position to the Heat in exchange for Wade and the No. 2 overall selection? Or some combination of other players and picks?

"I have heard my name being talked about, and I can't worry about it," Wade said Monday at the Attack Athletics training facility on the West Side. "There is one thing in this league that you have no control over. If another organization wants you, then you should feel good to be wanted."

Wade grew up idolizing Michael Jordan while starring at Richards High School and then Marquette.

"I have a lot of history with the Bulls," Wade said. "And for them to come out with the first pick like that (with a 1.7 percent lottery chance) ... it was fitting that they would do something like that. Nobody thought that would happen. To be in that position and sit back and listen to anything and go back to a team and say: 'How about this? and 'How about that?' ... If [the Bulls] don't make any big moves like that, they're still going to have a great player."

Memphis guard Derrick Rose and Kansas State forward Michael Beasley are expected to go 1-2 in the draft.

Source: Chicago Tribune

T Park
06-03-2008, 08:45 PM
I would do that trade in a new york minute.

D Wade and and the 2nd pick for the first?

Bring it on.

angelbelow
06-03-2008, 08:46 PM
that probably means no marion and the heat are going thru a hardcore blow up.

xcoriate
06-03-2008, 08:47 PM
No shit.

Chicago would have to jump all over that.

Mr.Bottomtooth
Heat would be even bigger idiots if they did that.

Bob Lanier
I'd do it if it were just Wade for the first.

Wade and the second for the first isn't even a question.

angelbelow
wait.. is it wade AND the 2nd pick? tahts completely unfair for the heat lol.

xcoriate
06-03-2008, 08:50 PM
Yeah true, a more even trade is Wade for the 1st.

Heat then starts over with Beasley and Rose.

Chicago finally have the goto scorer to insert into their above average solid core of guys.

Nice.

xcoriate
06-03-2008, 08:50 PM
Damn, the more I think about that the more I like it.

Chicago could win now with that provided Wade is healthy, they'd be fierce on D as well.

Miami would be super promising for the future.

SPURSGOAT
06-03-2008, 08:52 PM
wait.. is it wade AND the 2nd pick? tahts completely unfair for the heat lol.

Wade and the 2nd pick for the #1 pick!? that's nutz!

exstatic
06-03-2008, 08:55 PM

Bring it on.

Yeah, if I'm Chicago. Riley, on the other hand, is nuts if he does this. A Finals MVP to swap one spot in the draft? Fuck no.

xcoriate
06-03-2008, 09:02 PM
Do you think Chicago would bite on Wade for the #1 is the better question. If Wade is healthy I think they would.

hsxvvd
06-03-2008, 09:14 PM
Why would you trade Wade for the opportunity to draft a "Potential Wade" in Rose, and if this is not bad enough, trade the opportunity to draft the guy (Beasley) that would suit you best anyway @ #2.

Unless, the Bulls have locked in on Beasley and it's clear to both the Bulls and Heat that Beasley is the real stud of the draft.

T Park
06-03-2008, 09:23 PM
Yeah, if I'm Chicago. Riley, on the other hand, is nuts if he does this. A Finals MVP to swap one spot in the draft? Fuck no.

Riley has had his share of dunderheaded personnel moves.
So if he did this it wouldn't shock me, but I agree, I don't think this happens.

ShoogarBear
06-03-2008, 09:50 PM
WTF, is Jerry West "not working" for the Heat now?

jag
06-03-2008, 09:51 PM
I fail to see how Derek Rose = Dwayne Wade + Beasley

jag
06-03-2008, 09:52 PM
Dwayne Wade is highly overrated...but there's still no way this trade makes sense.

ShoogarBear
06-03-2008, 09:57 PM
I fail to see how Derek Rose = Dwayne Wade + Beasley

Especially since that's what Miami would have if they did NOTHING.

Even if Wade is permanently damaged goods, I still think Beasley might end up being a better player than Rose if he has his attitude straight.

This would be a legendary fail.

jag
06-03-2008, 10:04 PM
This would be a legendary fail.

It's one of the strangest trade ideas ive ever seen. Wade must really be done...i guess Riley... better than anyone, would know the extent of his injuries.

It still doesn't make sense, though... i wonder what they end up doing with Marion. With or without Wade, I can't see Marion having a permanent home in Miami.

tav1
06-03-2008, 10:07 PM
Yep, it doesn't make sense. And it would have to involve more players for the math to work.

resistanze
06-03-2008, 10:45 PM
Is Chicago hoping if they snap up enough guards, they'll magical turn into a center?

K-State Spur
06-03-2008, 11:17 PM

Bring it on.

We are talking about a team that probably could have had Kobe, but were unwilling to part with...Luol Deng.

lrrr
06-04-2008, 01:24 AM
How many years left on DWade's contract? Cause he only signed a 3 year deal after his rookie contract right? Miami has got to know he is leaving town once the deal is done and would like something in return.

Bob Lanier
06-04-2008, 01:27 AM
The Bulls' front office's fascination with their draft picks has really set them back as a franchise now that it's turning out none of them is really very good.

Of course, Reinsdorf doesn't care about that; the Venezuelan National Pastime is his priority.

Dalamar_the_Dark
06-04-2008, 01:50 AM
Think they meant D Wade and a 2nd round pick for the 1st round pick. So the Heat would end up with both the No. 1 and No. 2 picks for the draft. They could then draft both Beasley and Rose.

That way the numbers would probably add up.

FlAVaK
06-04-2008, 05:07 AM
The only way I see this makin sense is, if the Heat try to rid of contracts!

Tradin Wade (14,4 next season) and Banks (4,1 n.s.), both deals run trough 2010/11
for Hughes (12,8 n.s.) and Tyrus Thomas (3,7 n.s.), both deals end in the summer of 2010, and some Picks and/or Sefolosha (1,9 n.s.)

If that happens, Miami needs to draft Rose, maybe they want to get that No.1 pick to guarantee that, or there would be a silent agreement in the trade about who picking which player, or the trade happens after the draft...

But, Miami could end up with Rose and Thomas and lots of cap space in 2010, so they can build around these guys...

...and Chicago would go from lottery to contending with a rotation of:
Hinrich, Wade, Deng, Beasley, Noah, Gordon, Nocioni, Gooden,...

Just a thought. The Bulls would do that trade in a heartbeat, it depends on how much Miami turns into Rebuilding Mode and what they get other than Hughes and Thomas...

stéphane
06-04-2008, 11:01 AM
Does Wade have family in Chicago or something?
Just saw him attending Spark-Sky wnba game in Chi...
Related?

xtremesteven33
06-04-2008, 11:06 AM
Does Wade have family in Chicago or something?
Just saw him attending Spark-Sky wnba game in Chi...
Related?

hes from chicago

Jobbs
06-04-2008, 11:09 AM
I thought it would happen last night after the rumor broke yesterday. The Bulls have nothing to lose and everything to gain with this.

They can keep Gordon and Kirk. BG is the 6th man and backs up Wade so you'll have a scorer on the floor at all times. Not only will this bring fans to the arena since Wade is a hometown guy, I would put more faith in a proven NBA player than a guy playing 1 year of college.

xtremesteven33
06-04-2008, 11:10 AM
Wade to the Bulls would be cool to watch.

i dont think its gonna happen though.

Rummpd
06-04-2008, 01:16 PM
Wade becomes the next Jordan - people forget how darn good this guy was in the clutch when healthy two years ago. Do it Bulls!

midgetonadonkey
06-04-2008, 01:31 PM
The Heat would be better off trading the #2 pick to us for Manu.

ShoogarBear
06-04-2008, 08:10 PM
Think they meant D Wade and a 2nd round pick for the 1st round pick. So the Heat would end up with both the No. 1 and No. 2 picks for the draft. They could then draft both Beasley and Rose.

That way the numbers would probably add up.

That makes more sense. Although then I would go back to wondering how healthy Wade really is.

Chicago has $40 million in salaries currently on the books for 08-09, Miami has $53 mil and Wade salary is $14 mil. Could they do this trade without any player exchange?

milkyway21
06-04-2008, 08:45 PM

Bring it on.
Wade should be flattered.

Tacker
06-04-2008, 10:02 PM
Rumor just failed today..... http://insidehoops.com/ Front headline "WADE IS NOT ON THE BLOCK"