PDA

View Full Version : Artest!?

SPURSGOAT
06-04-2008, 01:11 AM
I think it would be great if we could land him... He is not the head case that he used to be and I know that Pop has been wanting to get him for a few seasons...

Brutalis
06-04-2008, 01:15 AM
http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m206/acrowofhope/do-not-want-dog.jpg

ChumpDumper
06-04-2008, 01:15 AM
He is definitely the head case he use to be, but I would take the chance if he actually wanted to join.

kobyz
06-04-2008, 01:41 AM
i think he is going to the lakers, he said that he would love to play with Kobe

spursfan98
06-04-2008, 01:42 AM
i think he is going to the lakers, he said that he would love to play with Kobe

The Lakers could not afford him

Blackjack
06-04-2008, 01:50 AM
I think it would be great if we could land him... He is not the head case that he used to be and I know that Pop has been wanting to get him for a few seasons...

I liked the idea at the trade line, because if it didn't work out we'd be off the hook at the end of the year.

If he's willing to take a contract similar to his last,(not likely) I guess I could be convinced.

kobyz
06-04-2008, 01:52 AM
The Lakers could not afford him

they can give him the MLE, he said that he will give up on money for an opportunity for a title.

spursfan98
06-04-2008, 01:54 AM
they can give him the MLE, he said that he will give up on money for an opportunity for a title.

Then we should offer him that. But i cant see him takin the MLE its just not ron

angelbelow
06-04-2008, 02:45 AM
when we almost traded for him during the deadline, i was hoping and praying we wouldnt. however, imagine how much he could have helped? as opposed to finley or even bowen in some stretchs. rodman was a headcase too, but rodman, like artest cares about winning when it comes down to it. besides artest respects duncan a great deal. i can actually see artest working out for us right now.

SenorSpur
06-04-2008, 03:01 AM
He can go to the Fakers if he wants. I'd love to have him on our squad and he's definitely a proven scorer. However, his price will likely be cost-prohibitive. Plus, we need so much more than just him. I'll take Pietrus, a scoring big and a solid swingman as a 1st round draft choice (Rush or Batum) and incorporate Ian and we'll be ready to take on the Fakers again.

wisnub
06-04-2008, 03:16 AM
I agree...Ron Artest may be a head case, but so was Rodman and look what he did to the Bulls. The guy want to win.
Artest can score (major part that we missed during this hurtful playoffs) for defense, he could replace Bowen if needs be (please dont retire Bowen)..Spurs need another proven scorer if they want to overcome new tougher western conf (not occassionally hot shooter like Udoka or Finley) .:wakeup Go Barry...

If Horry (why we keep paying this guy alot for sleeping the entire season) and Fin retired, Damon can suck balls....we can afford Artest, and hopefully Ian will bring his D-League numbers to the NBA :lobt2:

If spurs dont want to gamble with Artest head problem, maybe we should focus our money to Maggette (He average more than 20 points last season, a slasher who knows how to draw a foul and make em)...Ginobili also proven that he got no problem fired up from bench to give his seat to anyone which is hot, just in case Corey want to start.

Lakers got Gasol, Celtics got Allen and KG....even lousy suns got Shaq...all in one season (Kidd can say goodbye to the ring). Last time i know we trade or got great player from free agency was.......NEVERRR!!!!!

:flag:

Thomas82
06-04-2008, 06:20 AM
I agree...Ron Artest may be a head case, but so was Rodman and look what he did to the Bulls. The guy want to win.
Artest can score (major part that we missed during this hurtful playoffs) for defense, he could replace Bowen if needs be (please dont retire Bowen)..Spurs need another proven scorer if they want to overcome new tougher western conf (not occassionally hot shooter like Udoka or Finley) .:wakeup Go Barry...

If Horry (why we keep paying this guy alot for sleeping the entire season) and Fin retired, Damon can suck balls....we can afford Artest, and hopefully Ian will bring his D-League numbers to the NBA :lobt2:

If spurs dont want to gamble with Artest head problem, maybe we should focus our money to Maggette (He average more than 20 points last season, a slasher who knows how to draw a foul and make em)...Ginobili also proven that he got no problem fired up from bench to give his seat to anyone which is hot, just in case Corey want to start.

Lakers got Gasol, Celtics got Allen and KG....even lousy suns got Shaq...all in one season (Kidd can say goodbye to the ring). Last time i know we trade or got great player from free agency was.......NEVERRR!!!!! :flag:

Not since Dennis Rodman.

GrandeDavid
06-04-2008, 07:33 AM
The Lakers are in LA, they can afford anybody.

I would love to have Artest on the Spurs' roster next season.

tav1
06-04-2008, 08:32 AM
I go back and forth. I don't worry about the vets, but the young players (assuming they come). And I'm not sure where Artest gets his 30 minutes, unless he slides between the 2 and 3 or starts in front of Bowen.

It's probably a moot point. I don't see him taking the MLE.

Bartleby
06-04-2008, 08:38 AM
Artest guarding Diaw, West, Odom, Pierce . . . yeah, I could live with that.

kobyz
06-04-2008, 08:43 AM
if we get Artest then Bowen is useless, so it's not a good move - we need to get someone else...

Ocotillo
06-04-2008, 08:57 AM
^^ Bowen is 37 years old. Any day he could just "lose' it. They would find the minutes for Artest if he was on this team. Heck you start Bowen at the two guard, bring Manu off the bench and Artest is the starting three. Both Manu and Bruce should have reduced minutes anyway so it could work.

Thing is, does the FO want him on this team and can what he wants be accomodated?

K-State Spur
06-04-2008, 09:08 AM
I agree...Ron Artest may be a head case, but so was Rodman and look what he did to the Bulls.

Gave them one good year (where they would have won anyways), then hopped on Michael's coattails for the other 2?

K-State Spur
06-04-2008, 09:09 AM
Not since Dennis Rodman.

we traded for the worm.

Ocotillo
06-04-2008, 09:18 AM
we traded for the worm.

Sean Elliott was sent to Detroit for Rodman. Will Perdue came here in the trade that sent Rodman to Chicago. If SpursTalk had been around then, half the posters on this board would have been trying to dream up ways to come up with a package to get Jordan.

1Parker1
06-04-2008, 09:23 AM
I doubt the Spurs will get him. Is he a FA next season?

xtremesteven33
06-04-2008, 10:14 AM
if artest came around this would be the starting lineup.

PG- Parker
SG-Ginobili
SF-Artest
PF-Duncan
C-Oberto/Mahimni

thats an awesome lineup.
Bowen would come off the bench. hed be the defensive stopper we need behind artest. kinda like lindsey hunter is to the pistons.

Bartleby
06-04-2008, 10:18 AM
Bowen would come off the bench. hed be the defensive stopper we need behind artest. kinda like lindsey hunter is to the pistons.

Add Udoka to that defensive mix and you have a trio that can guard everything except center:

Bowen can guard 1, 2, 3
Udoka 2, 3
Artest 2, 3, 4

xtremesteven33
06-04-2008, 10:21 AM
Add Udoka to that defensive mix and you have a trio that can guard everything except center:

Bowen can guard 1, 2, 3
Udoka 2, 3
Artest 2, 3, 4

good point. it would be great to add artest. people say hes a nutcase, which he is. i think if he has a good influence of people around him like the spurs, hell be good, also if hes kept motivated to win, i dont think anything will distract him from the ultimate goal....:lobt:

MoSpur
06-04-2008, 10:27 AM
How old is Ron Artest?

duncan228
06-04-2008, 10:36 AM
How old is Ron Artest?

xtremesteven33
06-04-2008, 10:36 AM
How old is Ron Artest?

hes 28.

still a young guy. spurs should attempt to make a strong push for either Artest or Maggette.two guys who could really change alot for the spurs.

pietrus or azubuke would just be good role players. nothing more. yea sure theyre athletic freaks, but we would like to see another allstar player on our roster if we can.

PDXSpursFan
06-04-2008, 10:39 AM
Artest guarding Diaw, West, Odom, Pierce . . . yeah, I could live with that.
+1

MoSpur
06-04-2008, 11:16 AM
I thought he was a little older, but I guess not. Not bad if the Spurs can get him on the cheap.

VaSpursFan
06-04-2008, 11:24 AM
it's true that artest is nuttier than a fruitcake...but there is no denying that he can score the ball and gets after it on defense. perhaps the Spurs "environment" can straighten him up. he'd be a nice addition, someone who could help with those dreaded scoring droughts we went through all season long.

ATXSPUR
06-04-2008, 11:29 AM
Having Artest to start can get Bruce a major rest for him to defend during the playoffs!! Not to mention Artest brings scoring and toughness this team has been sorely lacking! I say do what it takes RC!!!!

xtremesteven33
06-04-2008, 11:33 AM
If the spurs dont try and make a strong push for artest i will be very dissapointed in this organization to try and create the best possible team for Duncan and the city. Artest has what it takes to be a major contributor to this team with all of his past issues aside.

SJAX was also trouble right but not with SA. its all about the enviorment you have as a person. people can either have a great influence on character or a bad influence on character. Artest can find a great family here in san antonio with the spurs.

The Truth #6
06-04-2008, 11:49 AM
Artest is possibly more eccentric than outright insane.

Go here - http://www.sports1140.com/pages/2222335.php - to hear Ron on a Sac radio station talking about all sorts of topics, including making fun of Beno.

He's unpredictable which makes people nervous. However, his stock is probably at an all time low right now. He's a player we should consider. Pop is probably more suited now then ever to deal with a player like Artest. Both of them have mellowed a bit, which is good.

tav1
06-04-2008, 12:02 PM
Artest is possibly more eccentric than outright insane.

Go here - http://www.sports1140.com/pages/2222335.php - to hear Ron on a Sac radio station talking about all sorts of topics, including making fun of Beno.

He's unpredictable which makes people nervous. However, his stock is probably at an all time low right now. He's a player we should consider. Pop is probably more suited now then ever to deal with a player like Artest. Both of them have mellowed a bit, which is good.

It's difficult to see a reason for Artest to opt out. And if he does, he'll take a big cut. The only reason he'd do those two things is if he was dead nuts serious about winning. If that's the case, I'd sign him up. If we can get him for the MLE, then we can't pass that up. Come what may.

The Truth #6
06-04-2008, 12:21 PM
It's difficult to see a reason for Artest to opt out. And if he does, he'll take a big cut. The only reason he'd do those two things is if he was dead nuts serious about winning. If that's the case, I'd sign him up. If we can get him for the MLE, then we can't pass that up. Come what may.

Good point. I forgot about his option. He may just want to settle down and get what he can and not rock the boat.

Mulletino
06-04-2008, 12:24 PM
Ron Artest will be a very good move

TypicalSpursHater
06-04-2008, 12:38 PM
Yall spurs fans are retarded.... artest will be a laker! he would definately choose LA before SA!

xtremesteven33
06-04-2008, 01:20 PM
Yall spurs fans are retarded.... artest will be a laker! he would definately choose LA before SA!

if you hate spurs why are you here? anyways youre probably right, artest might want to chose the bright lights of LA-LA land. but its our organizations job to go after the best free agents there are right now.

plus if LA got Artest they would have to let go of Odom.

Mulletino
06-04-2008, 01:55 PM

A Laker fan hanging out in a Spurs forum is retarded.

K-State Spur
06-04-2008, 02:36 PM
it's true that artest is nuttier than a fruitcake...but there is no denying that he can score the ball and gets after it on defense. perhaps the Spurs "environment" can straighten him up. he'd be a nice addition, someone who could help with those dreaded scoring droughts we went through all season long.

I think the Spurs environment argument needs to be thrown out the window. That applies logic to a person who has shown little in the past.

However, Artest has been on his best behavior for a few seasons now - and that is worth something.

koriwhat
06-04-2008, 02:52 PM
artest has always been a fav of mine... if we could get him then pull the trigger!

wildbill2u
06-04-2008, 03:04 PM
When this came up early last summer/fall I was against it because of the 'eccentric character' issue. At the time, we were a championship team with essentially the same players. That being said.

He seems to have stayed out of major trouble this year. I even heard a former head coach laud his attitude--about basketball--and say that his problems stem from off court prolems.

The state of our bench calls for extreme measures like taking a risk like Artest. Because of his versatility and that of Ginobili and Bowen on defense, Pop could shorten our rotation a lot and still maintain a damn good team on the floor. This could be the single trade that would substantially help our curren roster deficiencies.

Do it!

oligarchy
06-04-2008, 03:40 PM
won't happen.

xtremesteven33
06-04-2008, 03:46 PM
Ginobili will play limited minutes next season for sure. no more than 30 minutes im thinking. he would just come off of playing in the playoffs and then playing in the olympics. i dont think pop will put average minutes on him. so hopefully artest (or whomever it may be) can come in and provide defense and also some great offensive skill

AA2120
06-04-2008, 04:19 PM
probally won't happen..but i hope im wrong..
would be a great addidtion to the team

RuffnReadyOzStyle
06-04-2008, 11:46 PM

:lmao

You seriously believe that? He's as crazy as a hessian sack full of cats!

I really think Ron Artest as a Spur would end in tears because he simply doesn't have the discipline in pressure situations that Pop requires of his players... he's a wildcard, brilliant one moment, horrendous the next. It has Dennis Rodman written all over it.

Oh, and he's never really won anywhere he's gone. That says to me that he's not a difference maker, probably because his decision making is so bad.

Edit: You know what though, if we can land him I say roll the dice. the West is so freakin stacked over the next five years - Fakers, Hornets, Jazz, Blazers are all going to be great - that Artest or Maggette are about all that could allow us to keep pace with them, and I'm willing to bank on TD taking Ron Ron under his wing and guiding him in the right direction. As long as Artest stays on his meds, make it so!

tav1
06-04-2008, 11:51 PM
:lmao

You seriously believe that? He's as crazy as a hessian sack full of cats!

I really think Ron Artest as a Spur would end in tears because he simply doesn't have the discipline in pressure situations that Pop requires of his players... he's a wildcard, brilliant one moment, horrendous the next. It has Dennis Rodman written all over it.

Oh, and he's never really won anywhere he's gone. That says to me that he's not a difference maker, probably because his decision making is so bad.

When he was in Indiana those teams were good and his first season with Kings was impressive. I think the guy is more "winner" than "loser". One positive indicator is that he seems to thrive in situations where he doesn't have to go it alone. He'd be perfect as a 3rd or 4th wheel, but not as 1st or
2nd. There is no question that his skill set would be ideal, it's the other things...

RuffnReadyOzStyle
06-04-2008, 11:56 PM
Absolutely not questioning his skills, I'm questioning his decision-making in clutch situations. I've watched him try unsuccessfully to take over games to the exclusion his teammates many times, and those always end in losses.

I'm also questioning his ability to keep his mental illness under check.

However, screw it, if you can get him here, do so, and hope that TD is a strong enough personality to keep him in line and teach him the "team" concept.

tav1
06-05-2008, 12:06 AM
Absolutely not questioning his skills, I'm questioning his decision-making in clutch situations. I've watched him try unsuccessfully to take over games to the exclusion his teammates many times, and those always end in losses.

I'm also questioning his ability to keep his mental illness under check.

However, screw it, if you can get him here, do so, and hope that TD is a strong enough personality to keep him in line and teach him the "team" concept.

All joking aside, Artest does think that TD is a "pimp." The respect is there for him to fall in line. But, of course, this still requires an opt and pay cut. I don't know why I keep coming back to this thread.

odogg726
06-05-2008, 01:18 AM
What? You guys didn't catch him interviewing for a spot on the Lakers? He did an interview for the Best Damn Sports Show, and he was all up on Kobe's shit. See for yourselves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czW4cKiT83w

SPURSGOAT
06-05-2008, 01:35 AM
What? You guys didn't catch him interviewing for a spot on the Lakers? He did an interview for the Best Damn Sports Show, and he was all up on Kobe's shit. See for yourselves.

Dang! After watching that I bet he will bolt for the Fakers even if he has to take a paycut just so he can scratch Kobe's nutz... damn would be scary if they got him too...

spurms
06-05-2008, 01:46 AM
when we almost traded for him during the deadline, i was hoping and praying we wouldnt. however, imagine how much he could have helped? as opposed to finley or even bowen in some stretchs. rodman was a headcase too, but rodman, like artest cares about winning when it comes down to it. besides artest respects duncan a great deal. i can actually see artest working out for us right now.

that was ridiculous, rodman wouldn't jump in the stands and punch fans, he did it all for show, you are comparing apples to oranges. and besides it doesn't matter what artest history was, he will help the spurs and i mean alot, he will be an upgrade over bowen at the very least.

angelbelow
06-05-2008, 02:12 AM
that was ridiculous, rodman wouldn't jump in the stands and punch fans, he did it all for show, you are comparing apples to oranges. and besides it doesn't matter what artest history was, he will help the spurs and i mean alot, he will be an upgrade over bowen at the very least.

but he did kick a innocent camera man for sitting there. and i think its a great comparison because what do you think rodman would have done if he was getting booed, cussed out, shoved by an opposing player, and then while trying to calm down have a cup full of some sort of beverage at you?

and plus, artest and publicly stated that he is altruistic and sacrificial, i dont mind putting his words to the test.

sabar
06-05-2008, 02:14 AM

Heh, Artest acts like a fan instead of a pro. Kind of weird.

SenorSpur
06-05-2008, 02:33 AM
hes 28.

still a young guy. spurs should attempt to make a strong push for either Artest or Maggette.two guys who could really change alot for the spurs.

pietrus or azubuke would just be good role players. nothing more. yea sure theyre athletic freaks, but we would like to see another allstar player on our roster if we can.

The advantage of acquiring either Pietrus or Azibuke is they'd likely be cheaper than Artest or Maggette. Thereby, giving the Spurs flexibility to do something else or sign draft picks.

BOHOLANO#21
06-05-2008, 02:41 AM
it would be great if the Spurs will get pietrus or Buke.

SenorSpur
06-05-2008, 03:05 AM
it would be great if the Spurs will get pietrus or Buke.

Sure would. In fact, I would prefer either of them to Artest. Not that Artest isn't the more talented player, because he is. It's just that potential "unknown" element to his behavior.

angelbelow
06-05-2008, 03:53 AM
pietrus, according to many warrior fans, has a low b-ball iq. and a few concerns about him, his FG%dropped from 49 to 43%, his 3 pt shot is 35% and hes supposed to be a "consistent" 3 point threat, he went from 27 mins to 20 mins. if he cant thrive in the warriors system with all his athletic ability, how well is he going to do here?

Brutalis
06-05-2008, 04:10 AM
pietrus, according to many warrior fans, has a low b-ball iq. and a few concerns about him, his FG%dropped from 49 to 43%, his 3 pt shot is 35% and hes supposed to be a "consistent" 3 point threat, he went from 27 mins to 20 mins. if he cant thrive in the warriors system with all his athletic ability, how well is he going to do here?

Why would you consider anything Warriorfan considers?

spurms
06-05-2008, 04:18 AM
but he did kick a innocent camera man for sitting there. and i think its a great comparison because what do you think rodman would have done if he was getting booed, cussed out, shoved by an opposing player, and then while trying to calm down have a cup full of some sort of beverage at you?

and plus, artest and publicly stated that he is altruistic and sacrificial, i dont mind putting his words to the test.

Rodman has been cussed, booed, and shoved and took nothing personally, he just have fun doing it, getting into people's face, creating controversies, and taking the whole approach of a badboy image. It just so happens that the cameraman was black(lucky for him) he took home a 200k compensation for a little bruise. He's a more cerebral person then people give him credit for, certainly not what you call a thug, he knows how to market himself very well, like i said you can't compare them both, one is a psycho, the other is a freak, end of story.

Allanon
06-05-2008, 10:20 AM
Artest, as I thought before the deadline, would be perfect on the Spurs:

Talent: Undeniably can score from basically anywhere on the court. Lethal if he gets in the paint, his awkward size makes him virtually unguardable. I've never seen anybody shut Artest down except for Artest. Defensively, even though he's big he can stay with the quickest shooting guards and small forwards.

Headcase: He respects Duncan and the Spurs organization. If anybody can keep him in line, it's Timmy and Pop.

I have no doubt the Spurs might have beaten the Lakers this year with Artest instead of Finley. Odom? No problem.

They would have easily defended Diaw against the Suns and Ron Ron could have stayed with Peja and kept the series from going to 7.

His worst habit on the court is dominating the ball.

His worst habit off the court is crazy talk. But Ron's been pretty much a model citizen after the Throwdown at the Palace.

xtremesteven33
06-05-2008, 10:26 AM

Talent: Undeniably can score from basically anywhere on the court. Lethal if he gets in the paint, his awkward size makes him virtually unguardable. I've never seen anybody shut Artest down except for Artest. Defensively, even though he's big he can stay with the quickest shooting guards and small forwards.

Headcase: He respects Duncan and the Spurs organization. If anybody can keep him in line, it's Timmy and Pop.

I have no doubt the Spurs might have beaten the Lakers this year with Artest instead of Finley. Odom? No problem.

They would have easily defended Diaw against the Suns and Ron Ron could have stayed with Peja and kept the series from going to 7.

His worst habit off the court is crazy talk. But Ron's been pretty much a model citizen after the Throwdown at the Palace.

great analysis!

the thought of Artest on the spurs would be Awesome. ive been saying it all year.

PG-Parker
SG-Ginobili
SF-Artest
PF-Duncan
C-Oberto

thats a very scary lineup!

Thomas82
06-05-2008, 02:34 PM

That analysis is on point. I would like to add one more thing, with Bruce Bowen being 37 years old, having Ron Artest would allow us to cut back on Bruce's minutes and keep him fresh.

SPURSGOAT
06-05-2008, 04:29 PM
That analysis is on point. I would like to add one more thing, with Bruce Bowen being 37 years old, having Ron Artest would allow us to cut back on Bruce's minutes and keep him fresh.

Artest is staying with the Kings according to his agent... he would have probably gone to the the fakers anyhow.. he loves Kobe and has said he would love to play on his team...:ihit

Bob Lanier
06-05-2008, 04:35 PM
I've never seen anybody shut Artest down except for Artest.
Artest is one of the few people Tayshaun Prince can consistently shut down.

jcrod
06-05-2008, 05:03 PM

All true except:

Peja wasn't the problem after game 2 Bowen shut him down. CP and West were the problem, where i think Artest could guard West.

Might of beaten the Lakers. They Spurs had a great chance this yr, due to injuries and fatigue they couldn't keep up.

Pucho!!!
06-05-2008, 05:39 PM
if we get Artest then Bowen is useless, so it's not a good move - we need to get someone else...

Seeing how we made an attempt at him before, I see us tryin for him again. He can guard any position and rises to the level of his competition. He doesnt want to play with kobe because he loves the challenge of going against him. We could afford him or even work out a deal for him. Hes everything we need right now. We draft joey dorsey and pick up sum bench players and we are deadly. Where would he play on the lakers? They got wing players galore and u know he wont play the sg. On our team, our startin lineup would look sumthing like this: parker bowen artest duncan oberto, bowen can move to the sg; and at the end of the game it would be parker manu bowen artest duncan and pop can run his beloved smallball with no prob. HA

Thomas82
06-05-2008, 05:49 PM
Seeing how we made an attempt at him before, I see us tryin for him again. He can guard any position and rises to the level of his competition. He doesnt want to play with kobe because he loves the challenge of going against him. We could afford him or even work out a deal for him. Hes everything we need right now. We draft joey dorsey and pick up sum bench players and we are deadly. Where would he play on the lakers? They got wing players galore and u know he wont play the sg. On our team, our startin lineup would look sumthing like this: parker bowen artest duncan oberto, bowen can move to the sg; and at the end of the game it would be parker manu bowen artest duncan and pop can run his beloved smallball with no prob. HA

I also see us going after him again.

Pucho!!!
06-05-2008, 05:51 PM

I dont think that proved anything but the best damn sports show asked artest to interview kobe. He prolly was in town...lakers aint trying to give up anyone at the end of this year, which gives the, no money or roster space to get artest. Kobe's still a me 1st who can suck MY balls HA!!!

2Cleva
06-16-2008, 08:25 AM
Just popped in to share this one.

According to Artest, players on both the Lakers and the Spurs have been trying to convince him to opt out and sign with them for the MLE - an option he's weighing - ring, security, and a guranteed long-term MLE contract or hope for bigger money next offseason. He obviously has a strong Laker affinity - Vescey had an article the other day where Artest was at Game 4 and openly rooting for the Lakers (he's a self-described fan of Kobe and has has been close friends with Odom). I don't know his relationship with any Spurs. That doesn't make the Lakers the favorites (or even solidify that he opts out) - just some details.

picnroll
06-16-2008, 08:36 AM
Artest going to the Lakers should pretty much guarantee Odom would be gone so the "friends" wouldn't be playing together.

timvp
06-16-2008, 08:46 AM
I'd obviously sign Artest for the MLE but I take whatever Artest says with about 234,893,346 grains of salt.

mrspurs
06-16-2008, 08:54 AM
In a dreamers world ron would fit in and make and immediate impact. the rest he would give mentally and physically during the season to his teamates would be wonderful. ron can score, but its his defense and hustle that would spark the spurs like never before. honestly who cares if rons crazy or not. the media is the media a bunch of vultures looking for something to write about...i would take ron over bonner,udoka,finley,barry anyday, anytime....now would he help timmy downlow?....nah just in timmys assists, maybe a few more rebounds, but timmy is still alone downlow if you look at our bigs...id say take ron and run...he would be a better gamble then mighty mouse for sure...go spurs go

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-16-2008, 09:09 AM
He hasn't done anything crazy in quite a while, so I wouldn't mind using the MLE on him.

Kindergarten Cop
06-16-2008, 10:47 AM
Just popped in to share this one.

According to Artest, players on both the Lakers and the Spurs have been trying to convince him to opt out and sign with them for the MLE - an option he's weighing - ring, security, and a guranteed long-term MLE contract or hope for bigger money next offseason. He obviously has a strong Laker affinity - Vescey had an article the other day where Artest was at Game 4 and openly rooting for the Lakers (he's a self-described fan of Kobe and has has been close friends with Odom). I don't know his relationship with any Spurs. That doesn't make the Lakers the favorites (or even solidify that he opts out) - just some details.

Link? Source?

CaptainLate
06-16-2008, 11:07 AM
It's difficult to see a reason for Artest to opt out. And if he does, he'll take a big cut. The only reason he'd do those two things is if he was dead nuts serious about winning.

Give him a two-yr deal with the promise that if he works out, then he'll get a bigger deal in 2010 as part of the core that is signed for Tim's twilight yrs.

wildbill2u
06-16-2008, 11:44 AM
I'd take him. I've changed my mind after listening to the opinions of one of his coaches on a Houston radio show about his attitude and dedication to his game/team.

The off court stuff is a problem, but he hasn't fought anyone this year so maybe he's taking his meds. In extremis, you take desperate measures.

wisnub
06-16-2008, 01:00 PM
Bring Artest in.....Tiago is a fag..he's successful at milking money from TAU and establish superstardom there though. It is time that Spurs finally got prolific scorer and proven defender onboard. Salary Cap??? Fuck that...The owner keep getting richer and fans keep worried we might lose against lakers or boston.

wisnub
06-16-2008, 01:08 PM
By the way, just in case he's a total headcase...we can trade him expiring contracts junks and a first round pick

wisnub
06-17-2008, 04:59 PM
Artest for crying out loud !!!!!!!!!! Please just opt out and SPurs should sign him up rite away

Spur-Addict
06-17-2008, 05:08 PM
Ron and Tony can make a collaborative music CD. I'm sure it'll increase team popularity if they create the intro music. :lol

exstatic
06-17-2008, 06:21 PM

What on Earth makes you think that? Pop had enough of crazy motherfuckers with Rodman. Sacto has been trying to dump him for almost two years, when their last playoff team fell apart and Bonzi bolted.