PDA

View Full Version : Arkansas @ Texas CFB 2008

Brutalis
06-04-2008, 05:06 AM
On one hand this sucks, because Darren is gone, Felix is gone, Hillis is gone, and Monk is gone. You guys totally missed a good show by one year.

And it'll probably be a win for Texas. Around 21.. like 55-28, or 48-28 type deal. Our defense is, well I don't know never seen them before that's how raw it is. Our offense will score points under Petrino.

On the other hand it's not Houston Nutt bringing the Pigs down to Austin. Petrino is a good recruiter and this is the best time to scope some Texas talent as usual with the new ole ball coach. He is a house hold name among young players which helps.

I think we don't see you again till 2012 in Fayetteville. I think Bobby Petrino backed out of the deal with Texas that was made before his hire. He however really is looking forward to the Arkansas/A&M series that will be on display at the new Cowboys stadium. It will be fun hearing Aggiefan moan about getting owned by the little wiggly pigglies.

monosylab1k
06-04-2008, 08:34 AM
It will be fun hearing Aggiefan moan about getting owned by the little wiggly pigglies.

fAggy still thinks they have an equal or superior program to Arkansas, after a few curbstompings they'll finally realize just how far they've fallen.

degenerate_gambler
06-04-2008, 09:07 AM
Last couple of times Arkansas has come to Austin has worked out well for them. Not so sure it will be that way again this time. Your finals scores are way too high though for a quality game this early in the season.

Casey Dick will have a very good year.

Texas 26-13.

Whisky Dog
06-04-2008, 10:32 AM
Is Texas going to be worth a shit this year? Their defense sucked last year and their offense was inconsistent.

monosylab1k
06-04-2008, 10:43 AM
Is Texas going to be worth a shit this year? Their defense sucked last year and their offense was inconsistent.

With Mack Brown around they'll always underachieve.

Getting Black Jesus was a blessing and a curse for the Longhorns - it won them a National Championship but also guaranteed that Mack Brown won't be fired any time soon.

O-Factor
06-04-2008, 10:43 AM
I have no expectations other than beating A&M for Texas football this year. Alot of younger players are going to have to step up and make names for themselves this year if this team plans to compete with OU for the Big 12 south....

Brutalis
06-04-2008, 03:36 PM
Last couple of times Arkansas has come to Austin has worked out well for them. Not so sure it will be that way again this time. Your finals scores are way too high though for a quality game this early in the season.

Casey Dick will have a very good year.

Texas 26-13.

For some reason Arkansas gets pumped to play Texas. I think all their dads stories got to them.

Anyways our defense unless shockingly, will not be doing much of anything this year.

I don't know where Texas is at right now. But I'm pretty sure we are younger and more n00b. You guys should score more than 26 however.

Casey will have a solid year I bet too. Under Petrino your QB has a chance to put up good numbers. Really anticipating next year, with Mallet and some recruits under BP's belt.

StylisticS
06-07-2008, 01:13 PM

Texas did improve on defense coaching wise. We'll see how that plays on the field. I think the defense will be fine. The offense is the one to worry about. But the classes of 2003 and especially 2004 were not great and you saw the results. 2006 and 2007 were much better classes so we may see an improvement. But the WR position and the RB position has me worried. 2009 is the year most Texas fans are banking on to have a very good if not great team.

StylisticS
06-07-2008, 01:14 PM
With Mack Brown around they'll always underachieve.

Getting Black Jesus was a blessing and a curse for the Longhorns - it won them a National Championship but also guaranteed that Mack Brown won't be fired any time soon.

Fans on Orangebloods believe that Muschamp may be groomed to become the new head coach and Mack Brown may retire in the next three years.

JBIIRockets
07-13-2008, 04:52 PM
Arkansas played well in the game in 2003, but keep in mind Vince Young did not play in that game in 03. Although VY was a first year player. I'll never forget the 3rd and 31 the Hogs converted when they were on their own 2.

Brutalis
07-13-2008, 06:41 PM
He didn't play because you had an experienced starter and he wasn't the best QB on that team at the time....