PDA

View Full Version : June 4 Basketball Lesson

cajunspur
06-04-2008, 01:21 PM
Today I will discuss a few different types of picks or screens:

Down Screen - This where a player runs toward the basket and screens down for another player to come from near the goal outwards to receive a pass in order to get an open look. The key to getting open off of screens is on both the picker and the guy running off the pick. The picker needs to find the man being screened. The player trying to get open needs to run his player off of the screen. We in the basketball industry use the term shoulder to shoulder meaning you should bump shoulders with the screener when running off of it.

Back Screen - This is when you go out away from the basket to set a screen for someone on the perimeter. Most alley oops come off of back screens. It is like a back door cut but with a picker to help you get open.

Curl Screen - This screen typically takes place on the wing. The screener comes out on the wing and screens the defender. The other offensive player then curls into the lane looking for the pass and a short jumper or layup.

Up Screen - One of the rarer forms of screens. It typically occurs once a player makes a pass from the top to the wing. The offensive player on the other wing will call "up" in which case the person making the pass knows where the screen is coming from. He then runs shoulder to shoulder off the screen from the top of the key to the wing and looks for a cross court or "skip" pass from the player with the ball.

xtremesteven33
06-04-2008, 01:23 PM
very good stuff cajun

Fake Dynasty
06-04-2008, 01:24 PM

Down Screen - This where a player runs toward the basket and screens down for another player to come from near the goal outwards to receive a pass in order to get an open look. The key to getting open off of screens is on both the picker and the guy running off the pick. The picker needs to find the man being screened. The player trying to get open needs to run his player off of the screen. We in the basketball industry use the term shoulder to shoulder meaning you should bump shoulders with the screener when running off of it.

Back Screen - This is when you go out away from the basket to set a screen for someone on the perimeter. Most alley oops come off of back screens. It is like a back door cut but with a picker to help you get open.

Curl Screen - This screen typically takes place on the wing. The screener comes out on the wing and screens the defender. The other offensive player then curls into the lane looking for the pass and a short jumper or layup.

Up Screen - One of the rarer forms of screens. It typically occurs once a player makes a pass from the top to the wing. The offensive player on the other wing will call "up" in which case the person making the pass knows where the screen is coming from. He then runs shoulder to shoulder off the screen from the top of the key to the wing and looks for a cross court or "skip" pass from the player with the ball.You forgot to mention the Smoke Screen. This is when fans of a defeated team attempt to magnify the minimal injury of a key player in an attempt to downplay the defeat at the hands of a clearly better team. The Spurs don't normally have the Smoke Screen in their repertoire, but they definitely employed it this year. Tks for the education.

spursfan98
06-04-2008, 01:24 PM

Up Screen - One of the rarer forms of screens. It typically occurs once a player makes a pass from the top to the wing. The offensive player on the other wing will call "up" in which case the person making the pass knows where the screen is coming from. He then runs shoulder to shoulder off the screen from the top of the key to the wing and looks for a cross court or "skip" pass from the player with the ball.

Did you write this or copy and paste?

cajunspur
06-04-2008, 01:33 PM
Did you write this or copy and paste?

I wrote it just like I have written everyone of my lessons. I think have done about 7 or 8 now.

mavs>spurs2
06-04-2008, 01:41 PM
You forgot to mention the Smoke Screen. This is when fans of a defeated team attempt to magnify the minimal injury of a key player in an attempt to downplay the defeat at the hands of a clearly better team. The Spurs don't normally have the Smoke Screen in their repertoire, but they definitely employed it this year. Tks for the education.

:lmao

Medvedenko
06-04-2008, 01:56 PM
Funny, and thanks for the "lessons"

cajunspur
06-04-2008, 03:06 PM
Funny, and thanks for the "lessons"

Thanks I appreciate it. I love the game of basketball

gaKNOW!blee
06-04-2008, 03:17 PM
You forgot to mention the Smoke Screen. This is when fans of a defeated team attempt to magnify the minimal injury of a key player in an attempt to downplay the defeat at the hands of a clearly better team. The Spurs don't normally have the Smoke Screen in their repertoire, but they definitely employed it this year. Tks for the education.

I thought it was a strategy used by Kobe in court. My bad.

CubanMustGo
06-04-2008, 03:20 PM
Are you going to write a "Lesson" based on what you just learned in the Troll Forum?

mavs>spurs2
06-04-2008, 03:30 PM
Are you going to write a "Lesson" based on what you just learned in the Troll Forum?

:lmao

cajunspur
06-04-2008, 04:19 PM

Nope. I stick to basketball lessons.

duncan228
06-04-2008, 04:59 PM

:lmao Should be a poll on how many times he gets owned.

cajunspur
06-04-2008, 05:17 PM
:lmao Should be a poll on how many times he gets owned.

I havent got owned by anyone in a fair match. It is impossible to argue with a moderator because they can change the name of your thread, change your poll, change your post, etc...I have dominated you and the other clowns on here the whole time. I have also taught you more than you ever knew before about basketball. Me and timvp are on good terms. I am not going to do anything to ruin that.

duncan228
06-04-2008, 05:26 PM
I havent got owned by anyone in a fair match. It is impossible to argue with a moderator because they can change the name of your thread, change your poll, change your post, etc...I have dominated you and the other clowns on here the whole time. I have also taught you more than you ever knew before about basketball. Me and timvp are on good terms. I am not going to do anything to ruin that.

You've dominated no one, you've taught no one anything but what an ass you are, you have no common decency, you're on "good terms" with timvp after he was going to release your name if you continued your obnoxious behavior.

Sounds like you're having a great time. Enjoy your stay. :)

balli
06-04-2008, 05:27 PM
I have gotten owned by everyone. It is impossible to argue because I'm a moronic and annoying bigot who is too dumb to do anything but get punked by anyone who chooses to belittle me. I have been laughed at and gotten my ass kicked by you and the other clowns on here the whole time. I have also regurgitated basic information about basketball that nobody here cares about. Me and timvp are on opposite ends of the humanity spectrum because I'm a little douche-bag who baselessly insulted his wife for no reason. I am doing everything possible to make myself look like an immature and mean-spirited fuckhead. And oh yeah... I take it in the ass nightly.

Fixed.

mavs>spurs2
06-04-2008, 05:27 PM

Exactly how have you "dominated" anyone? All I see is you posting basic basketball facts that anyone who's ever played the sport competitively knows. To be fair, no one's really owned you either, just a bunch of babbling back and forth. I really don't get all this "owned" talk when there is no real smack going on.

cajunspur
06-04-2008, 06:04 PM
Exactly how have you "dominated" anyone? All I see is you posting basic basketball facts that anyone who's ever played the sport competitively knows. To be fair, no one's really owned you either, just a bunch of babbling back and forth. I really don't get all this "owned" talk when there is no real smack going on.

The owned talk is gay. For the most part I have posted interesting basketball lessons for people that don't know a lot about basketball. If you played competitive basketball you may know them. From reading a lot of posts on this board, a good bit of people don't know basketball. I try to just post about basketball but a lot of people have tried to cut me down for doing so. I have put clingingmars, deb, duncan228 and others in their place when they have tried to do that. If you know basketball, I hope you and I can discuss it in the future.

cajunspur
06-04-2008, 06:07 PM
Fixed.

Wow punked. alright Ashton. Also how does someone kick my ass if we are in different states. Hey my name is ballijuana I am so cool because I share 6 letters in a row with marijuana. If you would read all my lessons, I guarantee you that you would learn quite a bit.

cajunspur
06-04-2008, 06:09 PM
You've dominated no one, you've taught no one anything but what an ass you are, you have no common decency, you're on "good terms" with timvp after he was going to release your name if you continued your obnoxious behavior.

Sounds like you're having a great time. Enjoy your stay. :)

Actually some people have sent me pm's saying they enjoy my lessons and others on here have replied that they enjoy them as well. I like to talk technical basketball, which is obviously over your head. People hate me because I post basketball lessons. It makes no sense. I understand that people are jealous of my knowledge so much that they accuse me of stealing it, but c'mon.

duncan228
06-04-2008, 06:20 PM
People hate me because I post basketball lessons.

People hate you because you have no common decency, something that's the bottom line on this board.

Instead of thinking you're educating us, why don't you educate yourself about SpursTalk.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75702

cajunspur
06-05-2008, 08:14 AM
People hate you because you have no common decency, something that's the bottom line

Did Stone Cold say so? First you guys quote the rock and now stone cold. Bunch of mouth breathers on this board.