PDA

View Full Version : Roy Williams is being persecuted like Jesus

monosylab1k
06-04-2008, 01:56 PM
at least in his own mind.

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2008/06/02/roy-williams-compares-himself-to-jesus-the-difference-jc-was-a/

"Ever since I've rededicated my life to Christ I've caught way more persecution now," he said. "But it's a beautiful thing because I know it's a breakthrough coming for me. I welcome it. What makes me any better than Christ? He was persecuted and I've been persecuted. My teammates know where my heart is. They know where my mind is at."

peewee's lovechild
06-04-2008, 03:50 PM
Jesus Christ played Half-Back for the Bethlahem Fighting Lambs.

He was persecuted by Jerusalem Jews because he turned down an offer to play for the Jerusalem Farisites.

BradLohaus
06-04-2008, 05:38 PM
I've caught way more persecution now," he said. "But it's a beautiful thing because I know it's a breakthrough coming for me. I welcome it.

Well that explains his play; he doesn't want anybody to be happy with him.

jack sommerset
06-04-2008, 06:56 PM
I bet some really good pussy is behind all this.

Evan
06-04-2008, 07:58 PM
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j25/trinity1950/royjesuswilliams.png

ShoogarBear
06-04-2008, 10:04 PM
The next time he gets beaten, it will be God's will.

bresilhac
06-05-2008, 02:47 AM
I wouldn't put Williams in the same sentence as Jesus for any reason. Let's face it, he's a lousy cover guy and should actually be a linebacker with his ability to deliver punishing hits and play the run.

Whisky Dog
06-06-2008, 09:59 AM
The Cowboys are now talking about playing their dime defense against teams that go 3 wide with a Shockey/Cooley/Winslow Jr type receiving TE with Newman in the slot, Pacman and the rookie Jenkins wide, and ANTHONY HENRY covering the TE instead of Roy Williams. That fucker isn't even trusted enough by his coaches to cover a fucking TE anymore. What a waste.

Spuradicator
06-06-2008, 10:33 AM
Jeez Roy....:rolleyes

peewee's lovechild
06-06-2008, 02:45 PM
I wouldn't put Williams in the same sentence as Jesus for any reason.

You just did.

degenerate_gambler
06-06-2008, 03:05 PM
That fucker isn't even trusted enough by his coaches to cover a fucking TE anymore. What a waste.

Why should they? Shockey has proven he owns him. Can you imagine what Antonio Gates or Tony Gonzalez would do to Williams?

Whisky Dog
06-06-2008, 08:46 PM
Why should they? Shockey has proven he owns him. Can you imagine what Antonio Gates or Tony Gonzalez would do to Williams?

I know. But what does that say about the organization that pays a lot of money for a safety that can't cover a TE in a dime package.

exstatic
06-07-2008, 12:51 AM
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j25/trinity1950/royjesuswilliams.png

:lmao
Roy, people aren't persecuting you because you found Christ, they're persecuting you because you can't cover a 90 YO woman using a walker.

Williams is the worst case of Oklahoma Overhype since The Boz.

samikeyp
06-07-2008, 10:40 PM
At least Jesus can cover somebody.

kskonn
06-11-2008, 10:19 AM
they probably came up with this strategy when Witten was constantly burning him in practice. They needed a way to get Witten some good reps and moved henry over to him.

In all honesty towards the end of last year Roy was already becoming a situational player. I had season tickets and in obvious passing downs they almost always pulled roy off the field in place for watkins. Not sure how much this showed up on TV. If they did not pull him off the field they moved him up to a LB(they called him a 3rd safety) and he still got burned by the tight end or a back out of the back field.