PDA

View Full Version : You Don't Mess with the Zohan

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-04-2008, 05:28 PM
Looks like it's gonna be some hilarious stuff.

atxrocker
06-04-2008, 05:31 PM
it looks fucking retarded. i remember when adam sandler used to be funny.. long ago. i wouldnt see this movie if someone else purchased the ticket.

balli
06-04-2008, 05:33 PM
I think it looks a whole hell of a lot better than Adam Sandler's last few movies.

manufor3
06-04-2008, 05:36 PM
"Was that your feet?"
"Yes, here's 5 more!"

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-04-2008, 05:45 PM
F4LScmkL1iM
ArGgcHQsZRM

midgetonadonkey
06-04-2008, 05:49 PM
Yeah I don't think it looks funny at all.

midgetonadonkey
06-04-2008, 05:49 PM
But it looks a little better than that Love Guru shit. Mike Myers is the most overrated comedic actor ever.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-04-2008, 06:24 PM
^ What he said.

SpursWoman
06-04-2008, 06:28 PM
I like retarded Adam Sandler movies, so I'll probably laugh a few times. As soon as it comes out on cable. :spin

Borosai
06-04-2008, 07:33 PM
When I saw the first trailer, I thought it was going to suck. But after watching the longer trailer, I still think it's going to suck.

mrsmaalox
06-04-2008, 10:18 PM
It's kinda like he's trying to be "Borat-ish". And it's funny how when his hair and beard are long, he looks just like an Israeli friend of mine.

G-Nob
06-04-2008, 11:06 PM
GOing to see this tomorrow night at an advanced screening. I think most Sandler movies are stupid but this one looks funny. Judd Apatow helped write this one so it should be ok.

Blake
06-05-2008, 09:40 AM
I bet the NBA ad with Zohan and Baron Davis will end up being funnier than the actual movie

Bigzax
06-05-2008, 09:42 AM
i will see this movie!

mouse...burn me a copy stat!

Jimcs50
06-05-2008, 09:43 AM
I think it looks a whole hell of a lot better than Adam Sandler's last few movies.

WTF?

Spanglish and Reign over Me were very good, IMO.

Don Quixote
06-05-2008, 09:49 AM
I think Sandler's last few movies were actually better than his earlier ones. He's talented, but he cannot carry a crappy movie.

This new one looks retarded.

Bigzax
06-05-2008, 09:56 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,363411,00.html
fox article on the movie...

And it’s not like the jokes are completely out of place. Sandler, who’s Jewish in real life, plays the title character, an Israeli counter-terrorist who yearns to find peace in America as a hair stylist.

Absurd as this notion is, the wildly uneven “Zohan” script tries to balance a message of peace and understanding among Israelis and Arabs with a kind of gross-out Farrelly brothers-type smorgasbord of hit or miss “bits.”

Some of the latter are very funny, including a game of hacky sack played with a cat instead of a pouch, and a running gag about a Hezbollah help line that requires “press 1” or “press 2” for help.

There’s also a nod to Mel Brooks’ “The Producers” in that Zohan not only cuts the hair of old ladies, he has sex with them, too. Shades of Max Bialystock and his troop of walker-bound biddies.

Otherwise “Zohan” is a real hodgepodge that veers in every direction at the same time. There are a bunch of offbeat cameos from TV stars of the past including Henry Winkler (“Happy Days”), Charlotte Rae (“Facts of Life”), Kathleen Noone (“Knots Landing”) and Barry Livingston, who played cute little Ernie on “My Three Sons.”

(Co-scripter Smigel told me he got misty-eyed reminiscing with Livingston about his favorite “Three Sons” episode — in which Ernie learns he was adopted.)

There are also “surprise” cameos from Chris Rock, Kevin Nealon, wrestling announcer Michael Buffer and the nearly intolerable Rob Schneider. Producer and Motion Picture Academy president Sid Ganis has a scene as a doctor. Madonna’s manager, Guy Oseary, who really is Israeli, does a fine job as one of Zohan’s fellow spies. I don’t know why they are all in it, but finding them becomes a diverting game when “Zohan” starts jumping the shark.

Did I mention that Mariah Carey not only has an extended cameo with lines, but also gets her new single played? She plays herself and she’s very funny. (Mariah, stick to comedy!) Zohan also inexplicably wears a number of her different T-shirts from over the years.

And there’s an even more topical cameo from George Takei, Sulu from “Star Trek,” and Academy Award show writer Bruce Vilanch, as a gay couple, and John McEnroe and Kevin James as buddies. John Paul DeJoria, of Paul Mitchell hair salon fame, even gets a scene. Veteran comedian Shelley Berman (82 and still kicking!) plays Zohan’s father.

All the cameos hardly leave time for the actual actors with larger roles in the film — John Turturro, Lainie Kazan, Daoud Heidami and the exquisite Emmanuelle Chriqui — all of whom manage to give Sandler the support he needs in this preposterous but grudgingly humorous venture. (Come on — where else are you going to see the Fonz vomit?)

balli
06-05-2008, 10:05 AM
WTF?

Spanglish and Reign over Me were very good, IMO.

Didn't see them, but I do like Don Cheadle. I was mainly talking about his comedies; Click and Chuck & Larry were what I was alluding to.

G-Nob
06-05-2008, 10:54 AM
Emmanuelle Chriqui is defintely exquisite.

mrsmaalox
06-05-2008, 11:28 AM
I liked him in Spanglish probably because he wasn't forcing himself to be funny. If his comedy didn't seem so "forced" he's a decent actor. But I will admit that Happy Gilmore is one of the funniest movies ever made, I think.

Melmart1
06-05-2008, 11:37 AM
I liked Sandler in "Punch Drunk Love" and "Spanglish" better than any of his comedies. Same with Jim Carrey -- "The Truman Show" and "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" better than any of his comedies.

leemajors
06-05-2008, 11:48 AM
I liked Sandler in "Punch Drunk Love" and "Spanglish" better than any of his comedies. Same with Jim Carrey -- "The Truman Show" and "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" better than any of his comedies.

23 was his best comedy.

MoSpur
06-05-2008, 11:49 AM
Spanglish is a good movie. I liked how he did in that movie. He was pretty decent in that football movie. What's it called? Umm...The Longest Yard I believe. That was okay too.

atxrocker
06-05-2008, 02:05 PM
23 was his best comedy.

:lol

peewee's lovechild
06-05-2008, 02:09 PM

Eternal Sunshine is the only Jim Carey movie I can stand. It has more to do with Charlie Kauffman than anything else.

As good a concept as The Truman Show was, his over the top acting pretty much killed it for me.

I really can't stand that son of a bitch.

E20
06-05-2008, 02:09 PM
23 was his best comedy.

ROFL

The only funny part about this movie is the Baron Davis ad for it.

ZOHAN
06-05-2008, 02:45 PM
Smell it, smell it, smell it, now take it.