PDA

View Full Version : Duncan > Garnett?

TDfan2007
01-28-2005, 10:21 PM
I would have to say so. Just because Tim has taken his team all the way twice.

Garnett got past the first round for the first time last season. And his team last year had far more talent than the Spurs' 2002-2003 team that won the title.

atlfan25
01-28-2005, 10:24 PM
:pctoss

whottt
01-28-2005, 10:36 PM
KG scores more PPG, he's better[/Segu]

TDfan2007
01-28-2005, 10:54 PM
KG scores more PPG, he's better

:smokin :smokin :smokin

you had better be kidding

SequSpur
01-28-2005, 11:00 PM
Isn't Garnett the reigning MVP?

PM5K
01-28-2005, 11:01 PM
This is a Spurs forum so there's really no point in this thread, the bias here means Tim Duncan will always come out on top.

In this forum Duncan > God

TDfan2007
01-28-2005, 11:02 PM

:lmao :lmao :lmao

whottt
01-28-2005, 11:03 PM
This is a Spurs forum so there's really no point in this thread, the bias here means Tim Duncan will always come out on top.

See ya

Experiment2100
01-28-2005, 11:20 PM

That's where you are wrong in this forum

Duncan=God ........so :flipoff

jk

sickdsm
01-28-2005, 11:23 PM
Surround God with a sharpshooter like Kerr and defensive studs like Bowen and DRob most of his career and lets see how well Timmy fares with Noah and Moses getting beat off the drible like someone parted the perimeter defense with their hand.

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-28-2005, 11:25 PM
Surround God with a sharpshooter like Kerr and defensive studs like Bowen and DRob most of his career and lets see how well Timmy fares with Noah and Moses getting beat off the drible like someone parted the perimeter defense with their hand.

Yeah, but word is the Apostles like to run-and-gun.

slayermin
01-28-2005, 11:29 PM
I say TD is better because he gets his numbers and makes it look easy. He doesn't waste motion and is way more savvy than KG in every aspect of the game except free throw shooting.

whottt
01-28-2005, 11:30 PM
big ass excuse.

You were warned about signing suckholes like Anthony Carter and Olowokandi.

You did nothing but defend suck moves and now the incredibly high suck factors of players like AC and OLO is turning your franchise into a colossal turd.

I have no pity for you, you were warned and refused to acknowledge the reality.

Duncan did his turn with Matheusela...he still managed to kick KG's ass out of the post season and make it to the WCF.

And your franchise fucked itself by doing illegal contract negotiations.

KG<Duncan's jock.

Experiment2100
01-28-2005, 11:31 PM
Yeah, but word is the Apostles like to run-and-gun.

Yeah but that kind of offense leaves you tired, they might go to sleep on him at the end of the season.

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-28-2005, 11:35 PM
Yeah but that kind of offense leaves you tired, they might go to sleep on him at the end of the season.

I wonder if they're in contention to see if King Solomon (pictured without his purple-and-gold #11) comes out of retirement.

http://www.trainupachild.com/images/solomonback2.gif

ShoogarBear
01-28-2005, 11:39 PM
Surround God with a sharpshooter like Kerr

you mean like Fred Hoiberg? or Wally?

and defensive studs like Bowen and DRob most of his career

you mean like Trenton Hassell?

What would Duncan do if he had a point guard like Marbury, Brandon, or Cassell earlier in his career? Or another scorer like Gugliotta or Sprewell or Bobby Jackson?

KG has had plenty of talent around him during his career. Maybe if he spent less time preening, padding his stats, punching them, or pissing them off, he'd have more results.

sickdsm
01-28-2005, 11:45 PM
You have no clue whatsoever. AC has been a saviour in Cassell's absence. He's allowed Hudson to suck at times and not hurt the team from the bench. You've been warned about Softo, now two seasons in both centers suck ass. You've been warned about Hedo last year, How well did he help in the postseason again? Add cassell last year and damn near every expert agrees that at the MINIMUM it was wolves/pistons finals. Fuck 0.4, it took a miracle shot just to have a spurs team at full health reach that position, you know, lose in 6, the same thing that happaned to a depleted wolves roster.

Go suck a hard boiled egg.

Funny how there couldn't have been a better SUPPORTING cast compared to the competition than this years olympics and Duncan choked much like your assistant coach.

Experiment2100
01-28-2005, 11:47 PM
I wonder if they're in contention to see if King Solomon (pictured without his purple-and-gold #11) comes out of retirement.

http://www.trainupachild.com/images/solomonback2.gif

Why add that old guy to this young team have you heard of St. Peter. Mofo can't shoot worth a crap but plays pretty good D. Prety doubtful in 3's though.
http://nivki.orthodoxy.ru/data/apostols/3/images/Saint%20Peter%20the%20Apostle_jpg.jpg

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-28-2005, 11:56 PM
Why add that old guy to this young team have you heard of St. Peter. Mofo can't shoot worth a crap but plays pretty good D. Prety doubtful in 3's though.
http://nivki.orthodoxy.ru/data/apostols/3/images/Saint%20Peter%20the%20Apostle_jpg.jpg

If I had any Photoshop skills... Rasho's head. That pic.

whottt
01-29-2005, 12:05 AM
You have no clue whatsoever. AC has been a saviour in Cassell's absence.
LOL!

You've been warned about Softo, now two seasons in both centers suck ass.

Stop insulting Rasho by comparing him to Kandi...even the Rasho haters don't do that.

Has Rasho gotten electrocuted like a dumbfuck?

You've been warned about Hedo last year, How well did he help in the postseason again?

Hedo choked like a bitch and was probably reason 1A that we lost...but do you see him here now?

He's still>>>>>>>>>>>>>>AC

Add cassell last year and damn near every expert agrees that at the MINIMUM it was wolves/pistons finals.

Whatever...2 titles here.

Fuck 0.4, it took a miracle shot just to have a spurs team at full health reach that position, you know, lose in 6, the same thing that happaned to a depleted wolves roster.

Our back up guard and perimeter game sucked all season long...the fact that we actually signed a guy like AC should illustrate this point.

Funny how there couldn't have been a better SUPPORTING cast compared to the competition than this years olympics and Duncan choked much like your assistant coach.

At least he saced up and played in a hostile environ, ditto AI and every other guy that went...Meanwhile, KG pussed out.

KG lost his "no supporting cast" excuse as of last season...

Save it.

pjjrfan
01-29-2005, 12:06 AM
Apples and oranges. KG is more of a perimeter player, not a strong inside guy. When he has the ball he doesn't necesarily suck in the defense, and he's not quite that good at penetration where he can break down defenses. He doesn't play well with his back to the basket. Tim on the other hand does play well with his back to the basket and he plays down low, which recently he hasn't been doing as much, but when he does, teams have to double him or keep him away from his spots cause it's going to be an easy 2. When TD does this and is on his game, it sucks the whole defense on him, creating open shots for other players, open lanes. There are other differences but to me this is the main one and the one that makes TD the more dominant player.

milkyway21
01-29-2005, 12:16 AM
KG's wolves lost TWICE to TD's Spurs in the 1st round of the playoffs..

so it will ALWAYS BE :

[B]DUNCAN>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>garnett

SequSpur
01-29-2005, 12:22 AM
Garnett and Duncan are way different.

Garnet is the new type of forward/center that likes to shoot and stay out of the paint.

Duncan is old school.

whottt
01-29-2005, 12:24 AM
Garnett and Duncan are way different.

Garnet is the new type of forward/center that likes to shoot and stay out of the paint.

Duncan is old school.

PPG is all that matters.

SequSpur
01-29-2005, 12:25 AM
When did I say that? You are starting to act like tpark.

Experiment2100
01-29-2005, 12:28 AM
If I had any Photoshop skills... Rasho's head. That pic.

Not my best but my photoshop is screwy and I had to use Word and Paint. :depressed
http://img173.exs.cx/img173/9877/rashostpeter5ss.png

maxpower
01-29-2005, 01:04 AM
looks like you used scissors and glue. ;)

Experiment2100
01-29-2005, 01:14 AM
looks like you used scissors and glue. ;)

Had to keep something fron kindygarden.

TDfan2007
01-29-2005, 02:00 AM
CHAMPIONSHIP RINGS:

Garnett: Duncan:
... 2

NUFF SAID

Drachen
01-29-2005, 04:47 AM
That's where you are wrong in this forum

Duncan=God ........so :flipoff

jk

This reminds me of that skit on saturday night live "DA Bears"

"Mike Ditka vs God"
"thats a trick question cause mike ditka is god"

samikeyp
01-29-2005, 08:24 AM
IMO, Garnett is a better athlete, Duncan is a better basketball player.

ALVAREZ6
01-29-2005, 09:38 AM
Both players are great PF's, both are going to be in the hall of fame when they retire.

But according to this season, Duncan is playing way better.

I have no idea what KG is doing in Minnesota, but it's not working.

usckk
01-29-2005, 10:38 AM
Duncan is better. He makes his teammates better and always wins. No matter who the Spurs have, Duncan always make the Spurs a contender. The only year the Spurs really have a great core around Duncan is this year. Every other year Duncan had to carry the team.

sickdsm
01-29-2005, 06:42 PM
How come i always hear the cliche that he makes his teamates better but he can't get the assists? If he creates open shots where are the assists? If there's a history of running 4 down and putting the ball in his hands and waiting for the double team (repeat after me now) where are the assists?

Someone also let me know which NBA stars that have won a gold medal in the Olympics also went on afterwards to play in another one afterwards, the number isn't very high. KG DIDN"T WANT TO, he's already done that.

Duncan is better than KG this year? Not by the numbers. (even FG %, a strength of Timmy's) KG has made great strides every year and contiues too. Any player that's made Wally an allstar needs to be recognized. Its easily forgettable but let me remind you, KG is number 20th for APG, in an almost virtual tie with your starting PG, 0.1 differnce. The differnce between KG and TD is this: KG makes a very average coach look like a top 5 coach and Timmy has probably the best coach that actually RUNS the team.

As for Kandi/rasho: The differnce is that both have the skills, its in their heads. Rasho is too meek and Kandi is too stubborn. Rasho isn't ever going to "break out" since he's had almost two years with the best coach in the NBA. Kandi probably won't either. So what, Kandi's contract runs out next year, meanwhile since day one the trade rumors among both have been there. You'll have two crappy contracts like Maliks.

whottt
01-29-2005, 07:10 PM
Don't let the high profile Rasho haters fool you...most Spur Fans are pretty satisfied with Rasho and know he plays a valuable role on this team. Rasho makes it possible for us to keep the same defensive scheme we used in the Duncan Robinson era...a scheme that makes everyone on this team a better defender...and Rasho fills that role well. Most of us can see that Rasho is probably one of the better all around skilled centers in the NBA and has a decent character and team first attitude.

The worst thing you can say about Rasho is that he's not agressive, but you can make that same criticism of just about every other center in the NBA...and you can say that and a lot worse things about Kandi.

In summary, Rasho>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Kandi!

td4mvp21
01-29-2005, 07:13 PM
How come i always hear the cliche that he makes his teamates better but he can't get the assists? If he creates open shots where are the assists? If there's a history of running 4 down and putting the ball in his hands and waiting for the double team (repeat after me now) where are the assists?

Someone also let me know which NBA stars that have won a gold medal in the Olympics also went on afterwards to play in another one afterwards, the number isn't very high. KG DIDN"T WANT TO, he's already done that.

Duncan is better than KG this year? Not by the numbers. (even FG %, a strength of Timmy's) KG has made great strides every year and contiues too. Any player that's made Wally an allstar needs to be recognized. Its easily forgettable but let me remind you, KG is number 20th for APG, in an almost virtual tie with your starting PG, 0.1 differnce. The differnce between KG and TD is this: KG makes a very average coach look like a top 5 coach and Timmy has probably the best coach that actually RUNS the team.

As for Kandi/rasho: The differnce is that both have the skills, its in their heads. Rasho is too meek and Kandi is too stubborn. Rasho isn't ever going to "break out" since he's had almost two years with the best coach in the NBA. Kandi probably won't either. So what, Kandi's contract runs out next year, meanwhile since day one the trade rumors among both have been there. You'll have two crappy contracts like Maliks.

hmmm lets see......
1. Duncan doesn't get credited for the assists because when he passes it out, the guards slash and score. You know something that decaying Casselland Hassell cant do? So he sets up plenty of plays and he is an excellent passer so dont even go there.
2.As for minutes, Duncan is playing a lot less minutes than Garnett and yet his numbers arent too far behind. Lets see, I think thats saying more bad things about Garnett than it is Duncan. Ya think?????
3.Duncan has a good coach, but can Garnett turn a late first-round pick and a second round pick into all-stars? :nope

And yes, Garnett is having a better season but lets have a little look at this.....
Garnett-NO rings, NO finals mvp, 1MVP
Duncan-2 rings, 2 Finals mvp, 2mvp-without any all stars

Mark in Austin
01-29-2005, 08:00 PM
Surround God with a sharpshooter like Kerr and defensive studs like Bowen and DRob most of his career...

...so what you're saying is that Buford > McHale?

E20
01-29-2005, 08:54 PM
Duncan-2 rings, 2 Finals mvp, 2mvp-without any all stars
David Robinson on the first ring?
Duncan is playing a career low in minutes 34.8 and it mostly matters in the post season who shows up and who doesnt'.

td4mvp21
01-29-2005, 11:30 PM
Oh yeah my bad but the other ring he had really no all stars

TPCris09
01-30-2005, 01:25 PM
Well to bad KG didn't have anybody great. That really sucks for you Minny fans...

TDfan2007
01-30-2005, 03:17 PM
2003 Title - TD had DRob

Dude, did you see David's numbers from that year?

Sure he was a great defensive presence but he was nowhere near as good as 99 D-Rob.

Plus, KG had two all-stars (Cassel, Spreewell) on his team, and a pure shooter (Wally). And he still couldn't even get to the Finals.

sickdsm
01-30-2005, 07:14 PM
KG never had cassel or any semblance of a point guard. Get your shit straight.

Useruser666
01-30-2005, 07:53 PM
Would Jesus punch a teammate in practice? WWJD? :lol

Candi is a fool.

Brodels
01-30-2005, 07:59 PM
1999 Title - TD had Drob and Sean Elliot who was considered an all-star
2003 Title - TD had DRob

KG never played with a Greatest 50 NBA balla. If he did, rings are guaranteed.

:) Considered an all-star by whom? I don't know anyone who thought that Elliot was still all-star caliber in 1999. He was a shell of what he used to be by that point.

Minny had more talent last season than Tim Duncan has ever had.

While Garnett may be the more complete player, I'll take Duncan and his ability to lead his team to victory in the playoffs any day.

Useruser666
01-30-2005, 08:03 PM
And his ability not to assault his teammates. :lol

dcole50
01-30-2005, 08:21 PM
HowDuncan is better than KG this year? Not by the numbers. (even FG %, a strength of Timmy's) KG has made great strides every year and contiues too.

Duncan's team = 36-10
KG's team = 24-20

If KG is so unbelievable, then how come his team is fighting for a chance at the playoffs?

td4mvp21
01-30-2005, 09:26 PM
KG never had cassel or any semblance of a point guard. Get your shit straight.

Well last year he did, and did they go to the finals? NOPE.
Cassell actually played better than Garnett did he had 2 40 point games so dont even try to argue that Garnett doesnt/didnt have the talent cuz youll come up empty.

Dre_7
01-30-2005, 09:27 PM
:) Considered an all-star by whom? I don't know anyone who thought that Elliot was still all-star caliber in 1999. He was a shell of what he used to be by that point.

Yup, and he was also playing w/ failing liver or kidneys or sumthin like that

Spurminator
01-30-2005, 10:18 PM
?

baseline bum
01-30-2005, 10:24 PM
Tim Duncan:

http://www.qi247inc.com/tim_duncan.jpg

http://www.photofile.com/Photos/Albums/03_Spurs_Champs_Album/Images/Tim_Duncan_W_Trophy4.JPG

Has played a full season's worth of playoff games (82), with a record of 52-30 (63.4%)
2002-03 NBA MVP
2001-02 NBA MVP
2002-03 Finals MVP
1998-99 Finals MVP
1999-2000 All-Star MVP
1997-98 Rookie of the Year
1997-98 - 2003-04 All-NBA First Team
1998-99 - 2002-03 All-NBA Defensive First Team
1997-98, 2003-04 All-NBA Defensive Second Team
6-time All-Star starter (every year they played the game... soon to be 7)
1996-97 Wooden Award Winner