PDA

View Full Version : Memphis "got what they wanted" from Gasol trade?

GSH
06-05-2008, 03:14 AM
I love the explanations that both sides "got what they wanted" out of the Gasol trade. If that's true, I wonder what alternate universe the Griz will be playing in? Kinda pointless having salary cap room if nobody will play for you except scrubs.

http://www.draftexpress.com/article/Word-on-the-Street-Workouts,-Trade-Rumors-Heat-Up-2915
-There are a number of teams looking to move down or out of this draft if the right trade offer comes along. One of them is Memphis, who is having serious problems scheduling some of the top players expected to compete for the fifth overall pick. Things are reportedly bad enough that as many as 6 of the top 7 players in this draft (everyone projected in that range of our current mock draft besides Kevin Love) have told the Grizzlies they do not want to play for them. Memphis might thus decide to save some money and slide down a few slots, while possibly unloading a contract (such as Brian Cardinal) in the process. The Sixers could come into play here too.

angelbelow
06-05-2008, 03:26 AM
that sucks... karma?

Twisted_Dawg
06-05-2008, 04:32 AM
The team should be renamed the Memphis Broke Dicks.

hsxvvd
06-05-2008, 04:53 AM
Anybody got any spare change? We might be able to get the pick for "Cash Considerations".

ShoogarBear
06-05-2008, 05:49 AM
Perhaps if the draftees would feel better if they knew that at the first opportunity they were going to be traded to the Lakers for a pair of Jamaal Wilkes' dirty socks.

urunobili
06-05-2008, 07:54 AM
what about Javaris Crittenton??

is there any way we could land this guy?

Mr. Body
06-05-2008, 08:34 AM
Memphis screwed their reputation, but I guess it was worth it.

To show how crazy that trade was, Indiana is shopping Jermaine O'Neal and Cleveland right now is offering the #11 pick and expiring contracts plus incentives, which will not be enough to get him. It might be - he's a broken down player, a shell of his former self, and makes max money. There will be negotiation, Indiana will shop around, unlike collusion-Memphis which just gave away a PF at the top of his game for bric-a-brac assets and expirings.

dickface
06-05-2008, 08:36 AM
what about Javaris Crittenton??

is there any way we could land this guy?

No they desperately needed him because they couldn't get a guy like Mike Conley in the draft.

Mr. Body
06-05-2008, 08:52 AM
No they desperately needed him because they couldn't get a guy like Mike Conley in the draft.

:lol

Allanon
06-05-2008, 09:54 AM
Who in their right mind would want to play in Memphis? It's more a problem of market and location than anything else.

I'm sure the Lakers would love to have Critter back in trade for their #1 pick this year.

Marc Gasol AND Critter (Crittenton) are probably better than anybody beyond #5 in the draft this year. Of course, this is a particualarly craptastic draft year much like 2006.

Mr. Body
06-05-2008, 09:58 AM
Who in their right mind would want to play in Memphis? It's more a problem of market and location than anything else.

I'm sure the Lakers would love to have Critter back in trade for their #1 pick this year. Critter (Crittenton) is probably better than anybody beyond #5 in the draft this year.

Lakers fans are delusional. They think you can get great players for nothing in return. Sometimes even for players who haven't done anything in the league yet. The see Cleveland is trying to get Jermaine O'Neal and say, hey! just give them Damon Jones and a scrub and it's done, man!

Mr. Body
06-05-2008, 10:01 AM

I'm sure the Lakers would love to have Critter back in trade for their #1 pick this year.

Marc Gasol AND Critter (Crittenton) are probably better than anybody beyond #5 in the draft this year. Of course, this is a particualarly craptastic draft year.

Now I know you're a moron. Your added last part - It is to laugh.

jack sommerset
06-05-2008, 10:01 AM
Jerry West hand prints are all over this trade. You know there had to be a wink and a old " I get you later"

Allanon
06-05-2008, 10:02 AM
Now I know you're a moron. Your added last part - It is to laugh.

Really? Who's better than Marc Gasol and Critter in the draft this year after #5?

2centsworth
06-05-2008, 10:17 AM
Lakers fans are delusional. They think you can get great players for nothing in return. Sometimes even for players who haven't done anything in the league yet. The see Cleveland is trying to get Jermaine O'Neal and say, hey! just give them Damon Jones and a scrub and it's done, man!

that may not get you JO, but it will sure land you Spurs talent.

SenorSpur
06-05-2008, 10:19 AM

They basically did that in the Gasol trade, with the help of Jerry West.

Mr. Body
06-05-2008, 10:37 AM
They basically did that in the Gasol trade, with the help of Jerry West.

Exactly, and they expect every trade for them to be this way from now on.