PDA

View Full Version : Indiana Jones movie..............

lebomb
06-05-2008, 08:51 AM
sucked royal ass!!!! I cant believe I lost 2hrs of my life watching that bullshit. :bang

stretch
06-05-2008, 08:52 AM
why do people keep calling it the "indian" jones movie? :wtf

lebomb
06-05-2008, 08:53 AM
why do people keep calling it the "indian" jones movie? :wtf

Its so bad, it doesnt deserve the A at the end. :(

stretch
06-05-2008, 08:55 AM
Its so bad, it doesnt deserve the A at the end. :(

that was fucking gay

BacktoBasics
06-05-2008, 08:56 AM
Thanks for starting this thread the other 4 sucked and this should live up to the hype.

lebomb
06-05-2008, 08:59 AM
I like raiders of the lost ark......after that......they all sucked. This last one takes the cake. I totally didnt understand the alien bullshit.

stretch
06-05-2008, 09:01 AM
I like raiders of the lost ark......after that......they all sucked. This last one takes the cake. I totally didnt understand the alien bullshit.

then do your research on "crystal skulls" and the myths that surround them. then you will understand where the movie's backing came from. no different than the previous movies that had their elements of fantasy (ark melting people, sankara stones turning hot as fuck over a chant, water from a cup healing deadly wounds)

lebomb
06-05-2008, 09:05 AM
then do your research on "crystal skulls" and the myths that surround them. then you will understand where the movie's backing came from. no different than the previous movies that had their elements of fantasy (ark melting people, sankara stones turning hot as fuck over a chant, water from a cup healing deadly wounds)

yeah, I know.....but, I guess I just didnt care for the storyline. :huh

stretch
06-05-2008, 09:07 AM
yeah, I know.....but, I guess I just didnt care for the storyline. :huh

thats cool. you are entitled to your own opinion. just wanted to make sure you knew that there was historical basis for the story and all. a lot of people think its all made up thus dont understand the movie at all.

balli
06-05-2008, 09:13 AM
I watched 55 minutes of it while on the treadmill this morning. I thought it was okay.

BacktoBasics
06-05-2008, 09:36 AM
thats cool. you are entitled to your own opinion. just wanted to make sure you knew that there was historical basis for the story and all. a lot of people think its all made up thus dont understand the movie at all.The historical basis is that its hoax. Those skulls aren't of any historical value beyond the legend.

stretch
06-05-2008, 09:42 AM
The historical basis is that its hoax. Those skulls aren't of any historical value beyond the legend.

They exist, and there are many myths surrounding them.

You mean to tell me that the Sankara stones is any more real, and has any more historical value?

BacktoBasics
06-05-2008, 09:47 AM
They exist, and there are many myths surrounding them.

You mean to tell me that the Sankara stones is any more real, and has any more historical value?
I don't know about the stones that well but The Crystal Skulls were made post 1900. Its a hoax that was designed to help make money. They were put under the microscope and found to have marks consistant with modern cutting tools.

stretch
06-05-2008, 09:49 AM
I don't know about the stones that well but The Crystal Skulls were made post 1900. Its a hoax that was designed to help make money. They were put under the microscope and found to have marks consistant with modern cutting tools.

I'm not saying they are really alien skulls or anything. But there are myths that surround them, which is what the movie is based off of. and I'm not saying it was still the best story line to base an Indy movie off of, but at least it wasn't just completely made up out of nothing.

BacktoBasics
06-05-2008, 09:53 AM
I'm not saying they are really alien skulls or anything. But there are myths that surround them, which is what the movie is based off of. and I'm not saying it was still the best story line to base an Indy movie off of, but at least it wasn't just completely made up out of nothing.
I'm fine with the story line. Somewhere in the last 20 years people have forgotten how much IJ was fantasy because we grew up loving it.

I was just pointing that in my opinion hoax and historical value is a sketchy line. I'm certainly not debating that there are myths abundant.

lebomb
06-05-2008, 09:56 AM
..............I just thought the movie sucked.

BacktoBasics
06-05-2008, 09:58 AM
..............I just thought the movie sucked.
This thread isn't about your opinion anymore.

lebomb
06-05-2008, 10:02 AM

My thread!!!! My opinion!!!! :ihit

balli
06-05-2008, 10:10 AM
The only thing that pisses me off about the alien shit is that I saw fuckers on here talking about it like the day it came out. Way to ruin it, jerkstores.

peewee's lovechild
06-05-2008, 10:13 AM

:lmao

stretch
06-05-2008, 10:26 AM
My thread!!!! My opinion!!!! :ihit

shut the fuck up

lol

stretch
06-05-2008, 10:26 AM
The only thing that pisses me off about the alien shit is that I saw fuckers on here talking about it like the day it came out. Way to ruin it, jerkstores.

then you shouldn't have read it

G-Nob
06-05-2008, 10:41 AM
I agree with you, lebomb. That movie did suck. Check my review in the older Indy thread.

lebomb
06-05-2008, 10:51 AM
I agree with you, lebomb. That movie did suck. Check my review in the older Indy thread.

"I believe all three were better than this one. I watched it again and I have a little better opinion about it. I was still beaten by the story but I guess I love the first 20 minutes so much, I don't care about the rest. When they go to South America, the movie goes south.

I predict this movie will make a TON of cash as peewee posted earlier. But I think they're setting this up for making laboof the new Indy and thats downright disappointing. I think Harrison Ford can give them one more since the original plan was for five anyway and then thats it. End this franchise on a high and please, Hollywood, don't ruin it with an extended laboof or any remakes."

Yep, I picked up on Laboof being the next Indy.

balli
06-05-2008, 06:44 PM
then you shouldn't have read it

I didn't expect to see that shit in Basketball News Central, but no biggie, life goes on.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97150

Sec24Row7
06-05-2008, 07:27 PM
That wasn't Indiana Jones 4... it was Cocoon 3... Old people and Aliens... has to be a Cocoon movie...

spursfan09
06-05-2008, 08:25 PM
It seems to me people go in to these movies thinking its based on actual events. It's fantasy. Sorry I am just venting because of this guy next to me at the movie theater who couldn't stop commenting on how stupid he thought every single scene of the movie was. Sorry you thought you were going to see a movie that was a true documentary about a guy named Indiana Jones. Wait you didn't think that? Oh wait, you saw the others and knew it was not going to be based on actual fact and be realistic?

Sec24Row7
06-05-2008, 08:34 PM
Spielberg and Lucas just lost their balls... actually... probably just Lucas has lost his balls...

They should have done it about a religious artifact... but Noooooooo... don't want to offend anyone...

Go big or go home...

If there were aliens running around buying tickets... they wouldnt have done it on aliens either...

CubanMustGo
06-05-2008, 11:35 PM
Spielberg and Lucas just lost their balls... actually... probably just Lucas has lost his balls...

They should have done it about a religious artifact... but Noooooooo... don't want to offend anyone...

Go big or go home...

If there were aliens running around buying tickets... they wouldnt have done it on aliens either...

Weren't all the other three based on 'religious artifacts'? So they wanted to try something different, in any case you don't get much bigger religious artifacts than the Ark of the Covenant or the Holy Grail. What would you suggest?

Back to the most recent: not great, pretty poor in spots, still take it over the second one. Karen Allen was trying too hard throughout, so was Harrison Ford at first, Cate Blanchett was wasted. C-.

peewee's lovechild
06-06-2008, 07:10 AM

Go big or go home...

You're an idiot.

Sec24Row7
06-06-2008, 06:40 PM
I'm an idiot?

Oh yeah.. forgot... this is San Antonio... there are Aliens running around buying tickets.

MaNuMaNiAc
06-07-2008, 07:32 PM
The movie sucked, period! and I'm a die hard fan of the previous three...

Its not about thinking that every single thing should be realistic, but at least have SOMETHING in there that is, for fucks sake! Its bad enough that they tried to have people believe a 70 year old man can still be Indian Jones, but did anyone really believe Indy would have crawled out of that fridge after the atomic explosion? at age 70? How about the whole Tarzan bit with Shia LaBeouf? I mean, come on!

I'm disappointed in Spielberg. In all honesty, I thought he spent the entire movie insulting people's intelligence. Don't get me wrong, I love Indy movies and all that entails, but have them be grounded on at least some veracity. I guess I never really bought the whole 70 year old Indy to begin with, so it was doomed at the start IMO.

On top of this, that LaBeouf kid gets on my nerves. Dude has only one way of delivering lines. No depth to his characters. By the way, pretty fucking lame how they hinted at him becoming the next Indiana Jones in the last scene of the movie. Let Indy rest in peace. This movie singlehandedly fucked up the saga, which shouldn't have become a saga to begin with.

Don't get me started on Karen Allen... she can't act worth shit. She couldn't do so in Raiders of the lost Ark and she sure as hell can't act now. It was downright painful watching her in this movie. The only reason you forgave her awful performance in Raiders is because she was easy on the eyes back then (at least to a point). Now, she's just old and with zero talent.

I give it a 4/10

johnsmith
06-08-2008, 01:04 PM

Its not about thinking that every single thing should be realistic, but at least have SOMETHING in there that is, for fucks sake! Its bad enough that they tried to have people believe a 70 year old man can still be Indian Jones, but did anyone really believe Indy would have crawled out of that fridge after the atomic explosion? at age 70? How about the whole Tarzan bit with Shia LaBeouf? I mean, come on!

I'm disappointed in Spielberg. In all honesty, I thought he spent the entire movie insulting people's intelligence. Don't get me wrong, I love Indy movies and all that entails, but have them be grounded on at least some veracity. I guess I never really bought the whole 70 year old Indy to begin with, so it was doomed at the start IMO.

On top of this, that LaBeouf kid gets on my nerves. Dude has only one way of delivering lines. No depth to his characters. By the way, pretty fucking lame how they hinted at him becoming the next Indiana Jones in the last scene of the movie. Let Indy rest in peace. This movie singlehandedly fucked up the saga, which shouldn't have become a saga to begin with.

Don't get me started on Karen Allen... she can't act worth shit. She couldn't do so in Raiders of the lost Ark and she sure as hell can't act now. It was downright painful watching her in this movie. The only reason you forgave her awful performance in Raiders is because she was easy on the eyes back then (at least to a point). Now, she's just old and with zero talent.

I give it a 4/10

:lol:lol

Dude, you absolutely rip into the movie. You hate everything about it. And then you still give it a 4 out of 10. Where did the 4 come from if the whole movie sucked according to you.

You come off as a whiny pussy in your review.

MaNuMaNiAc
06-08-2008, 01:24 PM
:lol:lol

Dude, you absolutely rip into the movie. You hate everything about it. And then you still give it a 4 out of 10. Where did the 4 come from if the whole movie sucked according to you.

You come off as a whiny pussy in your review.

I hate almost everything about it. The 4 out of 10 comes from nostalgia. John Williams score still kicks ass. Its so good it managed to breath life into scenes of this movie that would have been absolutely atrocious without it. Hell, you could put that score on a video of paint drying and it would make it exciting.

Harrison Ford still delivers a good performance, I thought. At parts, good enough to almost make you forget that this is a senile Indiana Jones you're watching do all this impossible shit.

Finally, I don't give a shit how you think I come off. Its what I think of the movie. If you liked the movie, good for you. I didn't.

MannyIsGod
06-08-2008, 02:44 PM
It sucked balls. The Tarzan scene was the worst thing I've ever seen in a fucking movie.

G-Nob
06-08-2008, 04:56 PM
:lol

I love it. I fell vendicated!

N.Y. Johnny
06-08-2008, 04:59 PM
It sucked balls. The Tarzan scene was the worst thing I've ever seen in a fucking movie.

The Tarzan scene and the sword fight on the two jeeps gave me douche chills and made it hard to sit there.

The end felt like the X-Files and all weird. I sincerely hope George "Franchise Ruining" Lucas doesn't have the idea to continue "Indiana Jones" with Shia LeBouf in the role and keep going. Ughh. :bang

J.T.
06-08-2008, 05:35 PM
It should have been about a religious artifact? Did you even fucking see the first and the third films? What the fuck other religious artifacts are there to find other than the Spear of Destiny which was just done like 3 years ago in "Constantine"?

Yeah so maybe a huge South American temple turning into a UFO and teleporting to another dimension is kind of fantastical and won't ever happen anywhere other than in a movie. Clearly none of you mother fuckers watched the first three movies or else you'd know that in Indiana Jones films, crazy shit like magic religious artifacts mutilate and wipe out a Nazi platoon, crazy witchdoctors rip people's hearts right out of their chest with his bare hands, and the holy grail turns rich, greedy bastards into a skeleton in the blink of an eye and completely heals a gunshot wound just as fast.

This is Indiana Fucking Jones, and if you didn't expect some crazy fantastical shit to happen at the end of the movie, why'd you even buy a mother fucking ticket. For a $5.75 Sunday matinée that movie kicked ass. My advice is if you want to see something truthful or about real events, watch the fuckin' History Channel and stop going to the movies.

/thread

MannyIsGod
06-08-2008, 08:24 PM
It sucked balls. I don't even care about how unbelievable it was because it is a movie. It was just ridiculous and not entertaining at all.

curtismedellin
06-08-2008, 11:20 PM
all i know is that this was the first Indy movie i fell asleep on..... TWICE.

Temple of Doom is still the worst movie of the series but Crystal Skull gives it a run for it's money.

Trainwreck2100
06-08-2008, 11:38 PM
It should have been about a religious artifact? Did you even fucking see the first and the third films? What the fuck other religious artifacts are there to find other than the Spear of Destiny which was just done like 3 years ago in "Constantine"?

Yeah so maybe a huge South American temple turning into a UFO and teleporting to another dimension is kind of fantastical and won't ever happen anywhere other than in a movie. Clearly none of you mother fuckers watched the first three movies or else you'd know that in Indiana Jones films, crazy shit like magic religious artifacts mutilate and wipe out a Nazi platoon, crazy witchdoctors rip people's hearts right out of their chest with his bare hands, and the holy grail turns rich, greedy bastards into a skeleton in the blink of an eye and completely heals a gunshot wound just as fast.

This is Indiana Fucking Jones, and if you didn't expect some crazy fantastical shit to happen at the end of the movie, why'd you even buy a mother fucking ticket. For a $5.75 Sunday matinée that movie kicked ass. My advice is if you want to see something truthful or about real events, watch the fuckin' History Channel and stop going to the movies.

/thread

Not to be knit picky but the rich greedy guy got turned to a skeleton because he drank from a cup that wasn't the grail. And the real grail heals Sr.

peewee's lovechild
06-09-2008, 07:43 AM

I give it a 4/10

You say that you're a fan of the previous three, but then say that Karen Allen can't act worth shit. So, how can you possibly like the first, Raiders of the Lost Ark, if she has waaaaaaaaay more face time in that movie.

Your logic makes no sense whatsoever.

You had a problem with Indy surviving the blast on a fridge????

What about Indy going to a Nazi rally in Germany, of all places, and getting his dad's book of maps and notes signed by Adolf Hitler himself to get out of a jam??

What about Indy beating the shit out of a Nazi officer and throwing him out of the blimp only to to tell everyone on the Nazi owned blimp, "No Ticket!!", in English no less?

This is your problem:

You're letting your Christian feeling get hurt.

You love Raiders of the Lost Ark and The Last Crusade because the artifacts in question are part of the Judeo-Christian lore. You can't stand that Indiana Jones isn't chasing an artifact that has to do with Jesus Christ or the ancient Hebrew nations.

That's your biggest problem.

As for the crystal skulls, there's a case to be made for them. I'm not saying that they are real, one way or another, but there's a case to be made.

It's not Lucas' or Speilberg's fault that you can't wrap your mind around it.

peewee's lovechild
06-09-2008, 07:44 AM
Not to be knit picky but the rich greedy guy got turned to a skeleton because he drank from a cup that wasn't the grail. And the real grail heals Sr.

I believe he's referring to the "fantastical" nature of the guy dissolving right before our eyes in one instance and someone getting healed from a mortal wound the other.

peewee's lovechild
06-09-2008, 07:46 AM
I fell vendicated!

Spell the word right and you might be on to something there.

But, you changed your opinion of the movie, so you're not VINDICATED at all.

Or, are you changing it back because a few people here are saying that it wasn't good?

ATRAIN
06-09-2008, 07:52 AM
Saw the movie last week. Didn't expect much going into it but was entertained. Would I give it best picture? Of course not!! I think most of you are being to critical on it. Either way it was better than the Mist since that thread won't die!!

peewee's lovechild
06-09-2008, 07:54 AM
Saw the movie last week. Didn't expect much going into it but was entertained. Would I give it best picture? Of course not!! I think most of you are being to critical on it. Either way it was better than the Mist since that thread won't die!!

Hahaha, The Mist was pretty damn good.

But, Indy was pretty good and most people just want to shit on it because there wasn't anything related to the bible on this one. That's why these same people also don't like Temple Of Doom.

ATRAIN
06-09-2008, 08:00 AM
Hahaha, The Mist was pretty damn good.

But, Indy was pretty good and most people just want to shit on it because there wasn't anything related to the bible on this one. That's why these same people also don't like Temple Of Doom.

They did show the Ark for a brief moment what more do these religious enthusiasts want? Im suprised Manny didnt like the Tarzan scene.

peewee's lovechild
06-09-2008, 08:36 AM
They did show the Ark for a brief moment what more do these religious enthusiasts want? Im suprised Manny didnt like the Tarzan scene.

lebomb
06-09-2008, 09:02 AM
:lmao :lmao :lmao .........at all the people that think this movie sucked balls like I did.

My wife LOVES Indiana Jones and the series.....but, she HATED this movie as well. After it was over, she was like...... :depressed

monosylab1k
06-09-2008, 09:03 AM
Im suprised Manny didnt like the Tarzan scene.

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

CuckingFunt
06-09-2008, 09:07 AM
I left the theater thinking this one was not as good as I hoped it would be, but also nowhere near as bad as I feared it could be. It was silly, and there were several moments that wholly missed the mark, but overall I was entertained.

G-Nob
06-09-2008, 09:10 AM
It did suck balls. The first 20 minutes are the only thing bearable in this movie. Fvck Spielberg and his azz monkey shia laboof. Every respectable film maker in hollywood knows he's got the biggest hard-on for that kid and he'll continue to get the crap roles because of it. (i.e. transformers)

And the "marlon brando on a motorcycle" train station scene is another rediculous aspect of that terrible movie.

johnsmith
06-09-2008, 10:08 AM
this movie sucked balls like I did.

???????

peewee's lovechild
06-09-2008, 10:13 AM
Every respectable film maker in hollywood knows he's got the biggest hard-on for that kid and he'll continue to get the crap roles because of it. (i.e. transformers)

Crap role?

As in the lead for Transformers?

How is that a crap role?

Do you even know what you are talking about?

monosylab1k
06-09-2008, 10:25 AM
Crap role?

As in the lead for Transformers?

How is that a crap role?

Uhh did you see Transformers? I think your question answers itself...

peewee's lovechild
06-09-2008, 10:27 AM
Transformers was pretty cool.

monosylab1k
06-09-2008, 10:34 AM
Transformers was pretty cool.

That's like saying AIDS isn't so bad.

thispego
06-09-2008, 10:39 AM
the first three were badass, crystal skull sucked ass. I'd call it entertaining but a lot of it came from laughing at how ridiculous some parts were. If I were shia leboof I would have refused to take part in the tarzan scene. embarassing.

ATRAIN
06-09-2008, 11:37 AM
That's like saying AIDS isn't so bad.

Aids, thats not so bad.

MaNuMaNiAc
06-09-2008, 12:23 PM
You say that you're a fan of the previous three, but then say that Karen Allen can't act worth shit. So, how can you possibly like the first, Raiders of the Lost Ark, if she has waaaaaaaaay more face time in that movie.

Your logic makes no sense whatsoever.

You had a problem with Indy surviving the blast on a fridge????

What about Indy going to a Nazi rally in Germany, of all places, and getting his dad's book of maps and notes signed by Adolf Hitler himself to get out of a jam??

What about Indy beating the shit out of a Nazi officer and throwing him out of the blimp only to to tell everyone on the Nazi owned blimp, "No Ticket!!", in English no less?

This is your problem:

You're letting your Christian feeling get hurt.

You love Raiders of the Lost Ark and The Last Crusade because the artifacts in question are part of the Judeo-Christian lore. You can't stand that Indiana Jones isn't chasing an artifact that has to do with Jesus Christ or the ancient Hebrew nations.

That's your biggest problem.

As for the crystal skulls, there's a case to be made for them. I'm not saying that they are real, one way or another, but there's a case to be made.

It's not Lucas' or Speilberg's fault that you can't wrap your mind around it.

:lol Just shut the fuck up already! you're making an ass of yourself.

I'm letting my Christian feelings get hurt? :lol I'm the biggest fucking atheist that you'll ever find. I don't have ANY christian feelings to get hurt. Just because you can't fathom how someone can't like this movie, don't start making shit up.

Karen Allen can't act, and she never could. The key word here is face time peewee. On the first movie, she was easy to look at. Now, she's got nothing.

and let me just :lmao @ you comparing the atomic blast fridge scene with the Hitler's autograph scene. The latter had no fucking purpose whatsoever except maybe to overkill the idea that Indy is fucking indestructible. The Hitler scene at least was humorous. I don't mind the science fiction aspect of the Indy movies, and my main beef with "The kingdom of the skulls" isn't the aliens.

Let me ask you something, when you saw the way the fridge flew and crash landed, bouncing several fucking times, did you not think to yourself "am I supposed to believe someone can survive that shit?" If you didn't, then I'd imagine you'd be alright with Spielberg trying to convince you that Indiana Jones could suddenly sprout wings and escape danger flying...

Indiana Jones was always meant to be just an ordinary man, with an extraordinary set of brass balls, a brilliant mind, and a shit load of luck. The luck aspect was always the comedic relief of the movie (ex. The Hitler autograph scene). Everything else served to help you identify with Indy. In this movie, the bullshit aspect got out of hand.

Seriously, if the Tarzan scene didn't make you uncomfortable in your seat, as if to say "what the fuck is this?" I don't know what to say to you.

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-09-2008, 12:40 PM
Wait, Indy survives an atomic bomb blast by getting into a fridge? Does he turn into the Hulk at the end of the movie and smash the Commies and Mutt? Because I might go see that.

lebomb
06-09-2008, 12:44 PM
How the fuck did the door stay shut on the fridge??? How the fuck did Indy climb out of the fridge when it crash landed from 2 miles at over 100mph? Hmmmmmm, kinda fishy if you ask me.

lebomb
06-09-2008, 12:46 PM
LOL.....when the Tarzan scene started, my wife and I :rolleyes

:( :rolleyes :( :rolleyes :( :rolleyes :(

BacktoBasics
06-09-2008, 12:47 PM
Im suprised Manny didnt like the Tarzan scene.
:lol Nominated.

monosylab1k
06-09-2008, 12:48 PM
The Tarzan scene might be the worst thing I've seen in a movie since the "black robot" in Transformers.

MaNuMaNiAc
06-09-2008, 01:03 PM
How the fuck did the door stay shut on the fridge??? How the fuck did Indy climb out of the fridge when it crash landed from 2 miles at over 100mph? Hmmmmmm, kinda fishy if you ask me.

I just loved how the focused the camera on the little sign that said "Lead coated" or something of the sort so they could explain him surviving the radiation aspect. I guess they forgot the "Air bag fitted" sign to explain the rest of the bullshit.

ATRAIN
06-09-2008, 01:05 PM
The Tarzan scene might be the worst thing I've seen in a movie since the "black robot" in Transformers.

What Black Robot?

lebomb
06-09-2008, 01:07 PM
I just loved how the focused the camera on the little sign that said "Lead coated" or something of the sort so they could explain him surviving the radiation aspect. I guess they forgot the "Air bag fitted" sign to explain the rest of the bullshit.

Didnt little kids used to die because they couldnt open the fridge door from the inside???? But!!! He is Indy. :lmao

johnsmith
06-09-2008, 01:11 PM
I thought the movie was so-so. A lot of really dumb parts but it's still Indiana Jones.

Having said that, this thread reeks of Comic book guy "worst movie ever".

ATRAIN
06-09-2008, 01:12 PM

It was either that or face the blast, for all we know he could still die from Radiation poisoning. Also the fucker drank from the Holy Grail......so he can't die. (Which of course doesn't explain why his dad died.)

ATRAIN
06-09-2008, 01:13 PM
I thought the movie was so-so. A lot of really dumb parts but it's still Indiana Jones.

Having said that, this thread reeks of Comic book guy "worst movie ever".

It had a nostalgic feeling to it, so that made it what it was. If it wasnt Indiana Jones then it wouldnt even be in discussion.

MaNuMaNiAc
06-09-2008, 01:23 PM
It was either that or face the blast, for all we know he could still die from Radiation poisoning. Also the fucker drank from the Holy Grail......so he can't die. (Which of course doesn't explain why his dad died.)

:lol I'm not blaming Indy for getting into the fridge ATRAIN. Hell, what the fuck else was he going to do? I'm saying Spielberg shouldn't even have thought of putting him in that situation if the resulting flying fridge scene was what he had in mind to get him out of it. Its ridiculous to a point that it was difficult to swallow.

I agree Indy has gone through a lot of far fetched, even impossible situations before, but none were so blatantly ridiculous as the flying fridge debacle.

ATRAIN
06-09-2008, 01:24 PM
:lol I'm not blaming Indy for getting into the fridge ATRAIN. Hell, what the fuck else was he going to do? I'm saying Spielberg shouldn't even have thought of putting him in that situation if the resulting flying fridge scene was what he had in mind to get him out of it. Its ridiculous to a point that it was difficult to swallow.

I agree Indy has gone through a lot of far fetched, even impossible situations before, but none were so blatantly ridiculous as the flying fridge debacle.

lol LIAR YOUR BLAMING INDY!!

balli
06-09-2008, 01:30 PM

I'm letting my Christian feelings get hurt? :lol I'm the biggest fucking atheist that you'll ever find. I don't have ANY christian feelings to get hurt. Just because you can't fathom how someone can't like this movie, don't start making shit up.

I learned the hard way too. If you disagree with Peewee about a movie, or more aptly put, if he disagrees with you- watch your back, because he doesn't mind acting like a totally fucked asshat about it.

Spurminator
06-09-2008, 01:36 PM
I'm beginning to wonder if Spielberg is capable, at this point in his career, of making a movie that doesn't have a "That's So Fucking Stupid" scene.

Trainwreck2100
06-09-2008, 01:41 PM
that shit with the monkeys was stupid as fuck, but it was still an alright movie. Nowhere near TLC or ROTLA, but better than most movies.

balli
06-09-2008, 01:46 PM
I'm beginning to wonder if Spielberg is capable, at this point in his career, of making a movie that doesn't have a "That's So Fucking Stupid" scene.

Not in his blockbusters anyway. It seems like he can't say no to bigger and badder to the point that bigger and badder just becomes as you described, "that's so fucking stupid."

In fact I've never really liked much of Spielberg's blockbuster shit that much. He's a much better director IMO when he's using subject matter that he's forced to take seriously. (See Amistad, Schindler, Munich, even Catch Me if You Can)

G-Nob
06-09-2008, 02:20 PM

You are so right about that. I didn't think about his dad and the holy grail. Man, that just exposes that BS movie even more!

Trainwreck2100
06-09-2008, 02:24 PM

You had to stay in the temple and guard the grail to be immortal. that is what the knight calls "The price of immortality"

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-09-2008, 02:24 PM
Not in his blockbusters anyway. It seems like he can't say no to bigger and badder to the point that bigger and badder just becomes as you described, "that's so fucking stupid."

In fact I've never really liked much of Spielberg's blockbuster shit that much. He's a much better director IMO when he's using subject matter that he's forced to take seriously. (See Amistad, Schindler, Munich, even Catch Me if You Can)

Clearly you've never seen the director's cut of Saving Private Ryan where Captain Miller stops the tank on the bridge by plugging its barrel with his finger.

Trainwreck2100
06-09-2008, 02:26 PM
And the fridge scene was in the script two rewrites ago

ATRAIN
06-09-2008, 02:26 PM
You had to stay in the temple and guard the grail to be immortal. that is what the knight calls "The price of immortality"

Damn I need to watch that again.

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-09-2008, 02:32 PM
I thought the knight said that the line about the price of immortality after he told them they couldn't take the grail past the Great Seal, as in the "price of immortality" was undertaking the journey to get to the temple, although Trainwreck's explanation would make a lot more sense in general.

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-09-2008, 02:35 PM
Hmmm, one theory on IMDB's little FAQ page is that you would need to continue to drink from the grail to prolong a live indefinitely, thus why the two brothers who left the grail behind died at some point while the third was still alive some 500 years later. So the "price of immortality" would be having to stay in the temple since the grail has to stay there. So Trainwreck's explanation is more or less correct.

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-09-2008, 02:37 PM
Anyways, seriously? A fucking fridge?

Trainwreck2100
06-09-2008, 02:40 PM
Hmmm, one theory on IMDB's little FAQ page is that you would need to continue to drink from the grail to prolong a live indefinitely, thus why the two brothers who left the grail behind died at some point while the third was still alive some 500 years later. So the "price of immortality" would be having to stay in the temple since the grail has to stay there. So peewee's explanation is more or less correct.

When did peewee say this?

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-09-2008, 02:42 PM
When did peewee say this?

My bad. I haven't been sleeping well lately. The brain's a little fried. My apologies Trainwreck. I'll edit it now.

MaNuMaNiAc
06-09-2008, 02:46 PM
Anyways, seriously? A fucking fridge?

seriously :lol

Spurminator
06-09-2008, 02:52 PM
Did anyone else think Cate Blanchett was horrible? I thought she was Razzie bad in this. It was like she thought she was in a Rocky & Bullwinkle sequel.

Trainwreck2100
06-09-2008, 02:55 PM
My bad. I haven't been sleeping well lately. The brain's a little fried. My apologies Trainwreck. I'll edit it now.

You mistook me for peewee :depressed

peewee's lovechild
06-09-2008, 02:57 PM

Karen Allen can't act, and she never could. The key word here is face time peewee. On the first movie, she was easy to look at. Now, she's got nothing.

and let me just :lmao @ you comparing the atomic blast fridge scene with the Hitler's autograph scene. The latter had no fucking purpose whatsoever except maybe to overkill the idea that Indy is fucking indestructible. The Hitler scene at least was humorous. I don't mind the science fiction aspect of the Indy movies, and my main beef with "The kingdom of the skulls" isn't the aliens.

Let me ask you something, when you saw the way the fridge flew and crash landed, bouncing several fucking times, did you not think to yourself "am I supposed to believe someone can survive that shit?" If you didn't, then I'd imagine you'd be alright with Spielberg trying to convince you that Indiana Jones could suddenly sprout wings and escape danger flying...

Indiana Jones was always meant to be just an ordinary man, with an extraordinary set of brass balls, a brilliant mind, and a shit load of luck. The luck aspect was always the comedic relief of the movie (ex. The Hitler autograph scene). Everything else served to help you identify with Indy. In this movie, the bullshit aspect got out of hand.

Seriously, if the Tarzan scene didn't make you uncomfortable in your seat, as if to say "what the fuck is this?" I don't know what to say to you.

The fact that you believe any movie of this type is based on realism is absolutely laughable.

You brought up the luck factor, but it doesn't seem to matter to you in this new movie.

You say Karen Allen can't act and that she ruined this new movie. I counter with the fact that she has way more face time in ROTLA, and you say that she was at least good to look at. There is no logic there.

So, once again, maybe Lucas and Spielberg should issue out an apology for not going down the Judeo-Christian theme again.

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-09-2008, 02:58 PM
You mistook me for peewee :depressed

Like I said, fried brain. The last time I was talking any movie with anyone here was about the Hulk with peewee. Geez, I don't get this upset when my wife calls me "Manu" while we're having sex.

peewee's lovechild
06-09-2008, 02:59 PM

Good point there, ATRAIN.

Since everyone loved that movie so much, it could serve to explain why he's still verile at that age.

peewee's lovechild
06-09-2008, 03:00 PM
I learned the hard way too. If you disagree with Peewee about a movie, or more aptly put, if he disagrees with you- watch your back, because he doesn't mind acting like a totally fucked asshat about it.

Bourne Series = Batman Begins, according to this douche bag.

peewee's lovechild
06-09-2008, 03:01 PM

Good one.

MaNuMaNiAc
06-09-2008, 03:08 PM
The fact that you believe any movie of this type is based on realism is absolutely laughable.

You brought up the luck factor, but it doesn't seem to matter to you in this new movie.

You say Karen Allen can't act and that she ruined this new movie. I counter with the fact that she has way more face time in ROTLA, and you say that she was at least good to look at. There is no logic there.

So, once again, maybe Lucas and Spielberg should issue out an apology for not going down the Judeo-Christian theme again.

I can't seem to pinpoint whether its logic you lack, or reading comprehension... :rolleyes

Trainwreck2100
06-09-2008, 03:18 PM
How are aliens any different than a box full of ghosts killing everything?

balli
06-09-2008, 03:25 PM
Bourne Series = Batman Begins, according to this douche bag.

Y'know what. Fuck you Peewee. You still don't get it. I had the gall to compare the camera work during the fight scenes in Batman to the fights in Bourne and you literally flipped the fuck out on me. And I wasn't even talking to you in the first place. Then I found several movie reviews that said the exact same thing I did, some from newspapers, one from Variety online, several from websites devoted to reviewing movies, some from -gasp- bloggers.

See: http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2557275&postcount=16
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2557215&postcount=13
And it really doesn't matter if I was right or wrong (although I already proved (twice) that I was in fact right, while you, in fact, were wrong). Again, the issue isn't Batman, it's why you chose to be such a fucking cocksucker about Batman? And even though I've asked why several times now, you still don't have any answers about it besides resorting to calling me a douche. I think you're basically a conceited fucking faggot that doesn't have a leg or logic to stand on. You can suck a dick you fucking arrogant piece of shit.

peewee's lovechild
06-09-2008, 03:34 PM
I can't seem to pinpoint whether its logic you lack, or reading comprehension... :rolleyes

You mean logic like saying that Karen Allen can't act and she fucked up the new Indy movie, but at the same time you love Raiders of the Lost Ark even though she has way more face time in that same movie?

Is that the kind of logic you're talking about?

peewee's lovechild
06-09-2008, 03:35 PM
Y'know what. Fuck you Peewee. You still don't get it. I had the gall to compare the camera work during the fight scenes in Batman to the fights in Bourne and you literally flipped the fuck out on me. And I wasn't even talking to you in the first place. Then I found several movie reviews that said the exact same thing I did, some from newspapers, one from Variety online, several from websites devoted to reviewing movies, some from -gasp- bloggers.

See: http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2557275&postcount=16
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2557215&postcount=13
And it really doesn't matter if I was right or wrong (although I already proved (twice) that I was in fact right, while you, in fact, were wrong). Again, the issue isn't Batman, it's why you chose to be such a fucking cocksucker about Batman? And even though I've asked why several times now, you still don't have any answers about it besides resorting to calling me a douche. I think you're basically a conceited fucking faggot that doesn't have a leg or logic to stand on. You can suck a dick you fucking arrogant piece of shit.

You're a douche bag.

balli
06-09-2008, 03:37 PM
You're a douche bag.

I love being right! Especially when the idiot who is wrong can't stand it. Keep digging that hole deeper you fucking cunt.

G-Nob
06-09-2008, 03:39 PM
How are aliens any different than a box full of ghosts killing everything?

That wasn't a box of ghosts. That was Jesus payback.

Trainwreck2100
06-09-2008, 03:45 PM
That wasn't a box of ghosts. That was Jesus payback.

The ark's in the Old testament

MaNuMaNiAc
06-09-2008, 03:53 PM
You mean logic like saying that Karen Allen can't act and she fucked up the new Indy movie, but at the same time you love Raiders of the Lost Ark even though she has way more face time in that same movie?

Is that the kind of logic you're talking about?

no, the one where I explain to you that Karen Allen not being able to act is just one of the things that fucked up the new Indy movie, and that her not being able to act was not enough to fuck up Raiders BECAUSE she was at least good looking and ignorable. You not getting what I meant is the lack of logic I'm talking about.

as far as your retarded claim that the only reason I don't like the movie is because it had nothing to do with Judeo-christian themes, I've already explained to you how innacurate that is. The fact that you continue to be dense about the whole thing and ignore most of my previous posts and focus on what you want to focus leads me to believe you have a reading comprehension problem.

G-Nob
06-09-2008, 04:05 PM
http://www.logoi.com/pastimages/img/tarzan_2.jpg

TARZAN
06-09-2008, 04:10 PM
http://www.logoi.com/pastimages/img/tarzan_2.jpg

:lmao

peewee's lovechild
06-09-2008, 04:27 PM
no, the one where I explain to you that Karen Allen not being able to act is just one of the things that fucked up the new Indy movie, and that her not being able to act was not enough to fuck up Raiders BECAUSE she was at least good looking and ignorable. You not getting what I meant is the lack of logic I'm talking about.

peewee's lovechild
06-09-2008, 04:28 PM

Jesus!!!

G-Nob
06-09-2008, 05:31 PM

Jesus spoke and taught often about prophecies in the old testament. Jesus said "Moses wrote of me" in the book of John 5:46. Moses lived 1500 years prior to Christ.

Bottomline: Never cross Jesus.

Southwest Texas Fan
06-09-2008, 05:46 PM
I did not like the movie. If only they kept the aliens out of it it would have been better. I miss the Nazis.

G-Nob
06-09-2008, 05:55 PM
I miss the Nazis.

Theres something you don't hear everyday.

Southwest Texas Fan
06-09-2008, 06:09 PM
Scary. But seriously the first three films seemed so much better in that era. The Soviets just don't have the same flair.

MagnusKrauss
06-09-2008, 10:18 PM
i blame this movie on stupidity.

it was stupid to wait for too long to make this sequel. Constantine trumped the Spear of Destiny. it was also stupid to use too many writers. it was stupid to even make a movie out of those piece of shit scripts.

too late now.

after the first movie....hell. Indy was an Ark specialist, while Senior was a Grail Historian. 2 was out of place and 4 was an Alien movie. How do you justify Indy (being a religious artifact expert) to even be in a film featuring the Crystal Skulls? I half expected the Phantom to show up (Billy Zane in tights...ewwww)

I'd still have gone with the Spear of Destiny for the fourth movie, even if Constantine made it first. At least they would have gone more in-depth with the Spear's history and the stories surrounding the spear.

i'd rate the Indy movies this way:

1>3>2>4

ballhog
06-10-2008, 09:35 PM
Ugh. Latest movie sucked. Aliens seem to ruin a movie for me. Especially the ones with the big head, little body and huge eyes. Reminds me of Sam Cassell.

Ed Helicopter Jones
06-23-2008, 05:37 PM
I liked it. I hope Harrison Ford does at least 1 more of these. It's nostalgic...kind of like seeing Kiss dressed up in all their makeup despite them being a bunch of 60 year old men.