PDA

View Full Version : June 5 Basketball Lesson

cajunspur
06-05-2008, 09:04 AM
Today's Lesson:

Yesterday we covered the different types of screens. Like I said yesterday one of the keys to getting open is running your man off the screen. The man running off the screen needs to gauge where his defender is at in order to get open. If the defender is trailing him, he would most likely use a screen as a curl screen. If the defender cheats on a down screen and goes between the screener and the ball, the player needs to make it into an up screen and use the screener to get in between him and his defender. If the defender cheats and goes on top of a down screen, a quick back door cut is successful. If he cheats on a back screen, it can be used as a down screen to get an open outside shot.

Tomorrow we will discuss different techniques to make adjustments to different ball screen defenses.

Fake Dynasty
06-05-2008, 09:06 AM
Hope ya'll took notes on that Smoke Screen. That shit is immmmportant!

Guajalote
06-05-2008, 09:11 AM
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x309/Guajalote/outlet.jpg

Some people just...don't...learn.

BigZak
06-05-2008, 09:11 AM
screens are for pussies.

polandprzem
06-05-2008, 09:12 AM
Will I be a better bb player reading this stuff?

btw. GTFO with that on Bsketball Central !

Imbecile

cajunspur
06-05-2008, 11:24 AM
Will I be a better bb player reading this stuff?

It will definitely make you a smarter basketball player. I cant help your crappy jump shot.

cajunspur
06-05-2008, 11:25 AM
screens are for pussies.

Do you watch basketball?

Supreme_Being
06-05-2008, 11:34 AM
Do you watch basketball?

Do you?

cajunspur
06-05-2008, 11:54 AM
Do you?

Yes I love to play, watch, & coach basketball

PDXSpursFan
06-05-2008, 12:07 PM
Today's Lesson:

Yesterday we covered the different types of screens. Like I said yesterday one of the keys to getting open is running your man off the screen. The man running off the screen needs to gauge where his defender is at in order to get open. If the defender is trailing him, he would most likely use a screen as a curl screen. If the defender cheats on a down screen and goes between the screener and the ball, the player needs to make it into an up screen and use the screener to get in between him and his defender. If the defender cheats and goes on top of a down screen, a quick back door cut is successful. If he cheats on a back screen, it can be used as a down screen to get an open outside shot.

Tomorrow we will discuss different techniques to make adjustments to different ball screen defenses.

Thanks for the education. May I suggest that next time you post here. (http://www.youfail.org)

curtismedellin
06-05-2008, 01:02 PM
Yes I love to play, watch, & coach basketball

You sure know a lot for a woman.

Bob Lanier
06-05-2008, 01:02 PM
I watch Better Basketball videos so that I can play like Mike Bibby.

cajunspur
06-05-2008, 01:20 PM
Thanks for the education. May I suggest that next time you post here. (http://www.youfail.org)

I will add that to list of cheesy jokes on this site which already included:
- Chuck Norris Jokes
- Rick Roll
- Quoting the rock
- Quoting Stone Cold
and now a you fail website.

This site is humor at its worst

cajunspur
06-05-2008, 01:21 PM
You sure know a lot for a woman.

I am a guy. I don't know how many times I have to say that before you realize it

rAm
06-05-2008, 01:37 PM
Thank you for posting such educational thoughts, on this day, the day of my birth!

SAtown
06-05-2008, 01:40 PM
I am a guy. I don't know how many times I have to say that before you realize it

You just have so much bball knowledge I'd think you were a woman.

cajunspur
06-05-2008, 01:49 PM
Thank you for posting such educational thoughts, on this day, the day of my birth!

I hope this lesson was up to your birthday standards. Happy Birthday!

mavs>spurs2
06-05-2008, 01:51 PM
If you're quick/strong enough you can pretty much fight through any screen and still cover your man. Unless it's Shaq setting the screen.

Personally I liked the smoke screen best, good work FakeDynasty :tu

polandprzem
06-05-2008, 02:06 PM
Yea I think the smoke screen is what will make me a better player

All that stuff what cajun pasted is worthless, I do not like reading books

cajunspur
06-05-2008, 03:13 PM
Yea I think the smoke screen is what will make me a better player

All that stuff what cajun pasted is worthless, I do not like reading books

you must not be a competitive basketball player then

polandprzem
06-05-2008, 03:18 PM
you must not be a competitive basketball player then

Which lesson says so?

endrity
06-05-2008, 05:07 PM
Don't feed the trolls!!!

Avitus1
06-05-2008, 05:08 PM
Why wont Kori ban this tard?

cajunspur
06-05-2008, 05:35 PM

How can you call me a "tard" if I know more about basketball than anyone on here?

clambake
06-05-2008, 05:47 PM

no banning on June 5th.

Pancho Villa was born on June 5th
Bobby Kennedy was assassinated
Reagan died on June 5th

today's lesson will live in infamy:toast

mavs>spurs2
06-05-2008, 05:49 PM
Knowing some basic basketball information like the different types of screens or different offenses doesn't mean you know more about basketball than anyone here. Typically here people discuss what's going on in the NBA blah blah than basic basketball information until you came along. It doesn't necessarily mean that people (at least some of us) don't already know these somewhat basic things you are preaching. I'm sure some people here have learned a thing or two from your lessons, but are too embarrassed to admit it. But anyone who's played the game knows how to close out or set/use a screen.

rAm
06-05-2008, 05:49 PM
no banning on June 5th.

Pancho Villa was born on June 5th
Bobby Kennedy was assassinated
Reagan died on June 5th

today's lesson will live in infamy:toast

you forgot that I was born on June 5th, which makes all of the above pale in comparison.

clambake
06-05-2008, 05:54 PM
you forgot that I was born on June 5th, which makes all of the above pale in comparison.

sorry i left you out. i, too, share this birthdate.

i think i'll start with Pravda vodka with a wisp of vermouth, and i mean a wisp, so wispy that i may force my wife to take a shot and breath into my glass:toast

rAm
06-05-2008, 05:55 PM
sorry i left you out. i, too, share this birthdate.

i think i'll start with Pravda vodka with a wisp of vermouth, and i mean a wisp, so wispy that i may force my wife to take a shot and breath into my glass:toast

hahaha, well said. I am just going to pound patron and dance with a bunch of hipsters. I'd almost prefer your celebration.

clambake
06-05-2008, 05:59 PM
patron turns me into a hipster. i must refrain from those embarrasing moments.

we can see reagan's tomb from the master bedroom. i'll make a toast for both of us.

polandprzem
06-06-2008, 02:25 AM
Which lesson says so?

cajunspur
06-06-2008, 08:12 AM
I read it the first time. It was too dumb of a comment to respond to