PDA

View Full Version : Hockey

peewee's lovechild
06-05-2008, 09:53 AM
I watched some of last night's game.

And, it was pretty entertaining.

I just have to get used to some stuff.

Can someone explain the power play?
And, what's with this "empty net" stuff?

I could probably end up liking it, but I just need to understand it more.

tlongII
06-05-2008, 10:41 AM
A power play occurs when one of the teams has a man advantage due to a player on the opposite team being in the penalty box. A team that is behind near the end of the game will often pull their goaltender to give them another attacking skater on the ice. With no goalie this results in an empty net.

Great game last night, although not as good as game 5. I think hockey is going to make a comeback primarily because of HDTV.

lefty
06-05-2008, 10:54 AM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81286

peewee's lovechild
06-05-2008, 03:48 PM
Well, that makes sense.

I just might get into this hockey stuff.

N.Y. Johnny
06-05-2008, 04:03 PM
A power play occurs when one of the teams has a man advantage due to a player on the opposite team being in the penalty box. A team that is behind near the end of the game will often pull their goaltender to give them another attacking skater on the ice. With no goalie this results in an empty net.

Great game last night, although not as good as game 5. I think hockey is going to make a comeback primarily because of HDTV.

tlong who is your team if you have one?

I wish hockey would come back to ESPN, I'm not shitting on VS but I don't get that channel and I've seen telecasts on NBC which are ok but leave alot to be desired. HD will be excellent for NHL Games, too bad for me the Rangers spend 500 Million on payroll to get out of the first round...oh wait. :bang

T Park
06-05-2008, 11:52 PM
Go to a few Rampage games this fall.

Hockey is even better in person.

lefty
06-06-2008, 01:32 AM
Go to a few Rampage games this fall.

Hockey is even better in person.

Do they belong to the Stars?

dg7md
06-06-2008, 03:15 AM
The Rampage belong to the Phoenix Coyotes, Iowa Stars are the Stars' farm league.