PDA

View Full Version : Marc Gasol if Splitter walks?

Allanon
06-05-2008, 10:41 AM
http://www.draftexpress.com/headshots/marcgasol.jpg

Looking at the recent Memphis got ripped articles, I remembered Marc Gasol might be great on the Spurs.

Everybody overlooks how good Marc Gasol is, right now.

7' 1" NBA ready size...stocky dude but relatively quick
Shooter's touch (he can shoot 3's, fadeaways, hooks, dunks, etc)
Refined post-game
He is better than Oberto, Splitter and Scola in my opinion, much more upside
He is only 24 but
He WANTS to play in the NBA, his family lives in Memphis

Marc Gasol would certainly be a top 10 pick in this year's draft. Because he was a 2nd round pick last year, the Grizzlies aren't restricted to the 1st rounder pay scale (ala Tiago Splitter). They can pay him anything they want.

In fact, the rights to Marc Gasol might be a great pickup for the Spurs in exchange for their 1st round pick+cash this year. Or maybe more, I'm not sure how the Spurs would get him.

rn2vacug_uo

2centsworth
06-05-2008, 10:43 AM
if landing him and then packaging him with Bonner and a couple of 1st round picks would land us Kevin Garnett or Amare I'm all for it.

SenorSpur
06-05-2008, 10:48 AM
Does anyone really think Grizz owner, Mike Heisley, would conduct any trades with the Spurs after Pop publicly ripped him in front of the NY media? If the guy holds a grudge against Cuban because he's simply not fond of him, I'm sure Pop's not on his Xmas list now either.

Mr. Body
06-05-2008, 10:48 AM
With their newfound faculties for examining trades Memphis will hereby demand Tim Duncan to let go of Marc Gasol.

Bruno
06-05-2008, 10:50 AM
Marc Gasol sucks.
Curtis Borchardt > Marc Gasol.

2centsworth
06-05-2008, 10:54 AM
Marc Gasol sucks.

come on man the dude might be on to something. Marc Gasol and two stiffs can get us someone like Dwight Howard.

Mr. Body
06-05-2008, 10:55 AM
At least he looks less of a douche than his brother.

lefty
06-05-2008, 10:55 AM
Oberto >>>>>>> Mark Gasol :p:

twilo73
06-05-2008, 11:14 AM
Marc Gasol is very very very good make no mistake about that. He can be as good as his brother and better as a pure Center.

and the only reason why I can say that is because I'm Spanish and seen him play many times.

jack sommerset
06-05-2008, 11:29 AM
Marc Gasol is very very very good make no mistake about that. He can be as good as his brother and better as a pure Center.

and the only reason why I can say that is because I'm Spanish and seen him play many times.

You're Spainish! Tell me its Easter and I will color the eggs!

21_Blessings
06-05-2008, 11:47 AM
Oberto >>>>>>> Mark Gasol :p:

You know nothing about basketball

Mulletino
06-05-2008, 12:32 PM
At 7'-1", Spurs can train him to be a dominant player.
All it takes is good coaching.

lefty
06-05-2008, 12:33 PM
You know nothing about basketball

I was kidding.

:rolleyes

cherylsteele
06-05-2008, 12:36 PM
I have not seen him play at all, can't make a good judgment on him.
If he is anything like his brother he could be a solid addition to the Spurs

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-05-2008, 12:41 PM
Did Marc Gasol help contribute in 2006, for that Gold Medal alongside his brother?

twilo73
06-05-2008, 12:55 PM
You're Spainish! Tell me its Easter and I will color the eggs!
I'm not Spanish?

No se por que te piensas que no soy espaņol bobo. Soy mas espaņol que ninguno aqui. Madrileņo de pura casta!!!

Y si he visto a Marc Gasol jugar muchas, muchas veces.

Te recuerdo que en las finales de los campeonatos mundiales pasados, Pau Gasol se lesiono y no pudo jugar la final. Marc salio de titular y lo bordo!!

DazedAndConfused
06-05-2008, 12:55 PM
It's funny how Crittenton and Marc Gasol are scrubs when Spur fan discusses the MEM deal, but are good prospects when Spur fan is discussing possible FA signings.

twilo73
06-05-2008, 12:56 PM
Did Marc Gasol help contribute in 2006, for that Gold Medal alongside his brother?

Like I wrote in Spanish above... if you guys remember Gasol got injured for the finals (although he was he tournament MVP). Marc was a starter for Spain and he did an amazing job.

Having said that it has been this season the one in which he exploted as a top tier player.

ChumpDumper
06-05-2008, 12:58 PM
Crittenton played like a scrub after the trade and Marc Gasol is a scrub until proven otherwise. Still, he's the only potential positive Memphis has from this trade, so unless they use him to improve their draft slot, he isn't going anywhere.

Penya
06-05-2008, 01:09 PM
Marc Gasol sucks.

:lmao

Marc Gasol > Splitter > Curtis Borchardt.

spursfan98
06-05-2008, 01:13 PM
WOW. Marc Gasol is TERRIBLE. This thread is retarded

WildcardManu
06-05-2008, 01:16 PM
I'm not Spanish?

No se por que te piensas que no soy espaņol bobo. Soy mas espaņol que ninguno aqui. Madrileņo de pura casta!!!

Te recuerdo que en las finales de los campeonatos mundiales pasados, Pau Gasol se lesiono y no pudo jugar la final. Marc salio de titular y lo bordo!!

BlackSwordsMan
06-05-2008, 01:20 PM
Spurs can use this guy to hack-a-gasol next year.

Ginobilly
06-05-2008, 01:22 PM
Seems to have a solid post game and looks like he could pass as good as his brother. Sign him up!

SenorSpur
06-05-2008, 01:25 PM
What better way to go after Cain (Pao), than to send in his brother Abel (Marc).

Ginobilly
06-05-2008, 01:31 PM
What better way to go after Cain (Pao), than to send in his brother Abel (Marc).

I know right.........but do you think the Memphis owner is that stupid to let this go to the Spurs for Oberto and a Raulito Navaira brisket plate? We could send our Alcoholic owner, pop and his wine collection, Demarr Johnson to hang out with him for a night of partying and hopefully we could get him to sign the trade! lol

The Truth #6
06-05-2008, 03:35 PM
After getting burned on one promising Euroleague player, I'm not sure it's smart to try and pursue another one right away. That sounds like a headache to me.

timvp
06-05-2008, 03:42 PM
Can the Spurs borrow Jerry West? If so the Spurs might be able to get Gasol for two used cascarones and a half eaten tortilla.

SenorSpur
06-05-2008, 03:42 PM
Grizzlies owner WILL NOT do any business with the Spurs. Book it!

Allanon
06-05-2008, 03:47 PM
After getting burned on one promising Euroleague player, I'm not sure it's smart to try and pursue another one right away. That sounds like a headache to me.

Splitter may burn the Spurs because they can't (according to league rules) pay him much money compared to staying in Europe. He'd have to be semi-crazy to leave $5 million per year on the table to come play in the US.

Marc Gasol, on the other hand, has every reason to come to the US including the lure of the NBA, his family living here and the money. Yup, anybody signing him can pay whatever they want since he was a second rounder. So he can get a nice contract if a team really wants him. He'll still take a paycut but not much of one compared to what he'd get in Spain.

Marc is a smart type player who can probably help his team in the first year while possibly coming at a somewhat cheap price (I assume since he's still basically a rookie). You wouldn't need to get rid of a star player to get him even though he's basically a top 10 draft pick in this year.

At the same time, I'm not sure the Grizzlies would consider parting with him.

Bruno
06-05-2008, 03:52 PM

Marc Gasol > Splitter > Curtis Borchardt.

Glad you get the Borchardt joke...
More seriously, I'm not high at all on Marc Gasol, he is quite a big stiff.
I think that Splitter will be way better than him in NBA if both decides to come there?

Penya
06-05-2008, 04:31 PM
Glad you get the Borchardt joke...
More seriously, I'm not high at all on Marc Gasol, he is quite a big stiff.
I think that Splitter will be way better than him in NBA if both decides to come there?

Marc is a warrior.

Before Japan'06 (where he became a REAL player, not 'The Brother'), he was in Barcelona. He was extremely fat and depressed.
When Spanish team picked him for Japan, he changed. He turned into a warrior, he started to show his real game.
After that, he went to Girona -he has stayed there until today-, and he become a monster -11 week MVP, breaking the record of Sabonis-.

I trust in him.

jack sommerset
06-05-2008, 05:18 PM
I'm not Spanish?

PrastIte, chto vy skazAli? Nam nUzhen perevOdchik.Sasi mooy hui, peezdietz!Мне надо идти.

milkyway21
06-05-2008, 09:52 PM
young Gasol is a copycat of Pau

he can score but, SOFT.

defensively, Splitter >Marc Gasol

I don't like the name Gasol on the Spur's stat sheets :D

NEXT option pls.