PDA

View Full Version : Well, The Nursery Is Painted

01-29-2005, 12:12 AM
With my blushing bride about a month away from delivering our first son (we have a 3 year old "diva"), I finally found time to paint our last remaining spare room (Formerly known as my place to store all my hunting and outdoor gear).

The walls and ceiling are a darker shade of avocado which pair nicely with the Advantage Woodlands HD camo crib bedding I got from Cabela's recently. I also have camo faceplates for all the outlets and switches. My father graciously danated his pencil portrait of The Duke (I think the pic was rendered from "Rio Bravo") which will hang on the wall above the boy's crib. A smaller picture of Chesty Puller will set on his nightstand as well. Next up is to sand and paint my daughter's old crib (which was pink), to a more suitable wood grain brown.

My wife and mother keep trying to horn in on the decorating choices, but since with my daughter I was only allowed to paint pink walls, hang flower borders, and generally keep my mouth shut until they decided something else for me to paint/hang/build; they can just keep their yaps shut and let me build a room fitting of the next Commndant of the United States Marine Corps.

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-29-2005, 12:20 AM
Hoorah!

SequSpur
01-29-2005, 12:27 AM
Semper Fi!