PDA

View Full Version : Comic Book Movies

Mister Sinister
06-05-2008, 04:16 PM
Seeing as this is going to be one helluva summer for comic book movies, I thought I'd get a sampling of opinions. Quite simply, your favorite and least favorite comic book movies. Reasons are appreciated, but not necessary.

3 Favorite: Iron Man, Sin City, V For Vendetta

3 Least: Spider-Man 3, Batman and Robin, Elektra.

E20
06-05-2008, 04:24 PM
My favorite most likely will be The Dark Knight.

My least favorite is the rest. (excluding Batman Begins)

Mister Sinister
06-05-2008, 04:25 PM
Man, as far as TDK is concerned, I *really* want to see the movie, but I don't think I've ever been as psyched for a tie-in game as I have with TDK.

WildcardManu
06-05-2008, 04:32 PM
Dark Knight this summer, hands down.

Avitus1
06-05-2008, 04:46 PM
It'll probably be Dark Knight but currently my top 3 favs are.

1. Batman Begins
2. Iron Man
3. Spider-Man 2

Those three were amazing and they took from the comic books just like a comic book fan would of wanted them too.

1. Elektra
2. Cat Woman
3. Ghost Rider

The list will probably be topped off by "Wanted" though cause that movie looks awful. Did they even read the comics when they began to shoot that crap? Read the comics... its a great series.

mardigan
06-05-2008, 04:59 PM
3 favorites
Hellboy
Batman Begins
Road To Perdition

others that I love

Lone Wolf and Cub
X-Men 1 and 2
Spiderman 1 and 2
Conan 1 and 2
History Of Violence
Ninja Turtles 1 and 2
Old Superman, and the new Superman
Dick Tracy
Blade 1 and 2
Batman and batman returns

Worse...
Barb Wire
The Shadow
The Phantom
Tank Girl
Fantastic Four
Howard The Duck
Supergirl
The Punisher (with Dolph Lungren)
Steel
Swamp Thing
Batman and Robin
Captain America
Superman 4
Judge Dredd

Avitus1
06-05-2008, 06:09 PM
:lmao Steel was pretty awful.

SA Pride
06-05-2008, 06:15 PM
[Avitus1]It'll probably be Dark Knight but currently my top 3 favs are.

1. Batman Begins
2. Iron Man
3. Spider-Man 2

Those three were amazing and they took from the comic books just like a comic book fan would of wanted them too.

1. Elektra
2. Cat Woman
3. Ghost Rider

The list will probably be topped off by "Wanted" though cause that movie looks awful. Did they even read the comics when they began to shoot that crap? Read the comics... its a great series.[Avitus]

Avitus1
06-05-2008, 08:53 PM
Anyone remember the "Spawn" movie that was pretty shitty too.

E20
06-05-2008, 10:24 PM
3 favorites
Hellboy
Batman Begins
Road To Perdition

others that I love

Lone Wolf and Cub
X-Men 1 and 2
Spiderman 1 and 2
Conan 1 and 2
History Of Violence
Ninja Turtles 1 and 2
Old Superman, and the new Superman
Dick Tracy
Blade 1 and 2
Batman and batman returns

Worse...
Barb Wire
The Shadow
The Phantom
Tank Girl
Fantastic Four
Howard The Duck
Supergirl
The Punisher (with Dolph Lungren)
Steel
Swamp Thing
Batman and Robin
Captain America
Superman 4
Judge Dredd
How DARE, how DARE you call Judge Dredd awful.

Leetonidas
06-05-2008, 10:41 PM
My favorites are ALL of the Spidermans, yes even part 3, and Iron Man.

Batman Begins was pretty fucking badass too.

Dex
06-06-2008, 11:12 PM
I think they should make a Calvin and Hobbes movie and it could be HUGE, but Bill Waterson would never give up the rights.

J.T.
06-06-2008, 11:43 PM
Top 3
1. Christian Bale Batman (Begins/Dark Knight)
- Bale is one of the best and most versatile actors of all time. Honestly he puts every other comic movie lead to shame. He does the best of bringing his character to life on the screen. He's going to own in Terminator 4.
2. Spawn
- Sentimental pick for me, I used to watch this movie all the time as a kid and still love it now.
3. Thomas Jane Punisher
- Would be #2 if Travolta's character was played by a better actor.

Bottom 3
1. X-Men Triology
- Seriously they could include the entire Hollywood A-list and/or oscar winners in this movie and it wouldn't be enough to save this trilogy from sucking as bad as it did.
2. Spider Man 3
- Aside from the jazz club scenes and emo Tobey, casting Eric Forman to play Venom was the biggest mistake Sam Raimi made. Spidey 1 was good, but the franchise has taken huge steps backward with the two sequels. About the only good thing from Spidey 3 was how smokin hot Bryce Dallas Howard looked as a blond.
3. Ang Lee's Hulk
- Would have shitcanned his career if he didn't have Brokeback in his back pocket.

Brutalis
06-06-2008, 11:52 PM
Top 3
1. Christian Bale Batman (Begins/Dark Knight)
- Bale is one of the best and most versatile actors of all time. Honestly he puts every other comic movie lead to shame. He does the best of bringing his character to life on the screen. He's going to own in Terminator 4.
2. Spawn
- Sentimental pick for me, I used to watch this movie all the time as a kid and still love it now.
3. Thomas Jane Punisher
- Would be #2 if Travolta's character was played by a better actor.

Bottom 3
1. X-Men Triology
- Seriously they could include the entire Hollywood A-list and/or oscar winners in this movie and it wouldn't be enough to save this trilogy from sucking as bad as it did.
2. Spider Man 3
- Aside from the jazz club scenes and emo Tobey, casting Eric Forman to play Venom was the biggest mistake Sam Raimi made. Spidey 1 was good, but the franchise has taken huge steps backward with the two sequels. About the only good thing from Spidey 3 was how smokin hot Bryce Dallas Howard looked as a blond.
3. Ang Lee's Hulk
- Would have shitcanned his career if he didn't have Brokeback in his back pocket.

X-Men did well however. They made the money and then some. Really sad how X-Men in general sold out like that.

I don't like many of these comic book movies. Superman was just gross. Spider Man was like 100 dollar bill, 2 a fifty, and the third was just making me wonder why I even watched.

I forget what I'm watching with these movies sometimes. F4 sucked for me although I didn't mind watching Alba.

The Incredible Hulk came out some years ago I remember. imbd isn't working for me, says server is down. But it really was horrible. The whole helicopter desert shit, gah.

I hope this one is worth a shit. I like this actor pretty well. I think it has a chance.

What ones are left to make?

cherylsteele
06-07-2008, 03:08 AM
Thor
The Flash
Captain America
Green Lantern
Aquaman
Captain Marvel
Johnny Quest....I know not a comic, but could be cool movie if done right.

Joe Schmoogins
06-07-2008, 06:19 AM
How can you list a movie that hasn't even come out yet as your favorite... lame.

monosylab1k
06-07-2008, 09:10 AM
I'm so fucking sick of the nonstop barrage of comic book movies. Don't have anything against comics, or making them into movies, but maybe they should limit it to 3 a year, instead of 14 a year.

But then again that's always been Hollwood - find something that sells, then beat you over the head with it nonstop until you revolt.

curtismedellin
06-07-2008, 09:17 AM
Fav 3
Iron Man
Spiderman 2
Batman Begins

Forget about 'em
Fantastic 4 & Rise of the Surfer- All this CGI technology and the best we can do is a foam rubber suit for the Thing???? UGHHHH Not to mention the BUTCHERING of Dr. Dooms origin and character.
Punisher- Pick one
All Superman movies. I hate that guy.
Captain America

J.T.
06-07-2008, 09:26 AM
How can you list a movie that hasn't even come out yet as your favorite... lame.

The internet is a very mysterious and powerful device, and its mystery exceeded only by its power.

PS - The Dark Knight has been out for weeks. Illegal screener copies all over the net.

mardigan
06-07-2008, 12:33 PM
Thor
The Flash
Captain America
Green Lantern
Aquaman
Captain Marvel
Johnny Quest....I know not a comic, but could be cool movie if done right.

Not to mention that they are making Ant-Man, Luke Cage, Ghost Rider 2, Doctor Strange, Nick Fury, Black Panther, Hawkeye, and Cloak and Dagger movie. As well as Iron man 2, SPiderman 4, Wolverine movie, Magneto movie, and a new Punisher.

Btw, the worst comic book movie of all time is that Fury movie with Hasselhoff.

Mister Sinister
06-07-2008, 01:23 PM
X-Men did well however. They made the money and then some. Really sad how X-Men in general sold out like that.

I don't like many of these comic book movies. Superman was just gross. Spider Man was like 100 dollar bill, 2 a fifty, and the third was just making me wonder why I even watched.

I forget what I'm watching with these movies sometimes. F4 sucked for me although I didn't mind watching Alba.

The Incredible Hulk came out some years ago I remember. imbd isn't working for me, says server is down. But it really was horrible. The whole helicopter desert shit, gah.

I hope this one is worth a shit. I like this actor pretty well. I think it has a chance.

The Thunderbolts would be cool to see.

Trainwreck2100
06-07-2008, 02:12 PM
Wolverine coming out next year looks pretty good, its a prequel but it's gonna have gambit and Ryan Reynolds is playing deadpool

Spurminator
06-07-2008, 02:14 PM
Some of have REALLY high expectations for TDK...

Mister Sinister
06-07-2008, 02:37 PM
Wolverine coming out next year looks pretty good, its a prequel but it's gonna have gambit and Ryan Reynolds is playing deadpool
If Gambit gets his own movie, and, knowing Marvel, he, probably will, they need to at least reference Sinister...but that's just me, and admittedly, I am a Sinister fanatic.

pawe
06-08-2008, 12:24 AM
deadpool has so much potential and i think ryan reynolds would be a perfect fit being the smartass that he is.

Condemned 2 HelLA
06-08-2008, 04:09 AM
When are we going to get the epic battle between The Hulk and The Thing?

Joe Schmoogins
06-08-2008, 04:42 AM
The internet is a very mysterious and powerful device, and its mystery exceeded only by its power.

PS - The Dark Knight has been out for weeks. Illegal screener copies all over the net.

fair enough... However if it was a movie on the anticipation level of the dark knight I for one would prefer to see it first in theatres.

Mister Sinister
06-08-2008, 10:31 AM
Threadjack, go! So, I was talking with my little brother last night, and we got to discussing what comic book storylines/events we'd want to see adapted to the medium of film and/or animation. The five I came up with were...

1. Onslaught, throwing in a flashback to the end of the Fatal Attractions crossover where Magneto tore out Wolverine's adamantium skeleton.

2. Age of Apocalypse, wherein everyone had long hair. Except Xavier. Because he was dead.

3. Civil War, culminating in perhaps the single saddest moment in comic book history. RIP.

4. A Death In The Family;Jason Todd. Crowbar. 'Nuff said.

5. Maximum Carnage, because we need some decent film portrayals of the Lethal Protector and his "son."

TDMVPDPOY
06-08-2008, 11:38 AM
mortal kombat was pretty good, even the spin off series...

Trainwreck2100
06-08-2008, 11:40 AM

We'll be lucky if we see Hulk vs. Hulk buster iron man

shelshor
06-08-2008, 12:19 PM
Its neither a comic book nor a movie, but the umpteenth version:
Has anyone else found BBC America's lastest retelling of Robin Hood? They finally got rid of the notion of the Sheriff of Nottingham was misunderstood or just bad because of circumstances and are doing an over the top portrayal of pure evil

Otherwise:
Good:
Batman Begins
Sin City
1st X-Men
Ghost Rider

Bad:
Batman & Robin
Spiderman 2 & 3
All of the Supermans--the Master Horseman just didn't convince me

So gawd awful bad, that, with the right combination of psychoactive substances were funny as hell:
Tank Girl
Swamp Thing
The Michael Keeton Batmans
Supergirl

curtismedellin
06-08-2008, 11:34 PM

When that fucked up foam rubber suit is out the door.