PDA

View Full Version : The most ridiculous baby funeral ever...

midgetonadonkey
06-05-2008, 04:39 PM
I saw this on another board and thought I'd post the pics here. What the fuck are these people thinking?

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h290/midgetonadonkey/1212536352172gz0.jpg

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h290/midgetonadonkey/1212547134394au0.jpg

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h290/midgetonadonkey/l_bc6d17317c058564f3768d5f28b03868.jpg

http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/6974/1212544630827zm4sb3.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/6974/1212544630827zm4sb3.6bb4398b0a.jpg (http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=411&i=1212544630827zm4sb3.jpg)

mardigan
06-05-2008, 04:41 PM
Thats some f-ed up shit right there

monosylab1k
06-05-2008, 04:41 PM
:lmao

I feel bad for the little baby, but she was in for an entire childhood of listening to incredibly shitty music. Maybe this was for the best.

midgetonadonkey
06-05-2008, 04:42 PM
Nothing tops the picture of the dead baby on their myspace.

BacktoBasics
06-05-2008, 04:43 PM
I don't see what the problem is.

mardigan
06-05-2008, 04:43 PM
Nothing tops the picture of the dead baby on their myspace.

I cant believe someone would put a pic of their dead child on myspace, fucking crazy

SpursWoman
06-05-2008, 04:45 PM
I cant believe someone would put a pic of their dead child on myspace, fucking crazy

I feel very sorry for them, but that is really disturbing.

BigZak
06-05-2008, 04:45 PM
fucked up family...

but damn...a child that dies is always a tragedy bro...we can only hope you're children are so lucky...:wakeup

BigZak
06-05-2008, 04:46 PM
what he said...^^^:wakeup

balli
06-05-2008, 04:47 PM
Lucky kid.

Melmart1
06-05-2008, 04:49 PM
I don't see a problem with the funeral. But your baby's dead body in the casket, on MySpace? What the fuck?

balli
06-05-2008, 04:50 PM
Beats actually having to be raised by those two fucks.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-05-2008, 04:53 PM
The last picture is just horrific. And the coffin design is a little too childish for a funeral. Even a child's funeral.

jcrod
06-05-2008, 04:53 PM
The funeral is not the problem. Its the pictures taken and posting them.

degenerate_gambler
06-05-2008, 04:54 PM
are they burying the baby in their front yard?

CuckingFunt
06-05-2008, 04:54 PM
I don't see a problem with the funeral. But your baby's dead body in the casket, on MySpace? What the fuck?

I've said it before and I'll say it again: myspace is the devil.

I love the interwebs as much as the next person, but when did society get to a place that embalmed babies became a necessary part of social networking?

Kriz-Maxima
06-05-2008, 04:55 PM
Let them bury their kid as they see fit, i see nothing wrong with the funeral. Why would she feel the need to post pictures of her dead kid on myspace is beyond me.

peewee's lovechild
06-05-2008, 04:56 PM
The funny thing is that the guy looks like a skinnier Midge.

BigZak
06-05-2008, 05:04 PM
is that a snoopy sweatshirt...pretty cool...

midgetonadonkey
06-05-2008, 05:26 PM
I just think they should've buried their kid with some class and respect. They let their fandom overtake what should be a respectable ceremony.

balli
06-05-2008, 05:29 PM
Even the normals in the background look more pissed off than they do sad.

Mr.Bottomtooth
And would it hurt to at least dress for the occasion?

BigZak
lotsa kids die everyday...you heard about this one...their mission is accomplished...

Slydragon
06-05-2008, 06:38 PM
Munchhausen by proxy? I don't mean she killed the baby but likes the comments and attention she gets from the pics.

Sec24Row7
06-05-2008, 07:31 PM
Their kid...wtf does the baby care what the funeral is like?

Heath Ledger
06-05-2008, 07:41 PM
Fucking Juggalo for life! i used to do security for ICP.

Sunshine
06-05-2008, 07:42 PM
A lot of people have photos taken of their babies when they die at birth or shortly thereafter. It's the only picture they'll have as a reminder. There are websites dedicated specifically to babies that have died at birth or of SIDS, etc. But this seems to step over the line of good taste and decorum.

If this helps this young couple grieve and cope with the death of their baby, then so be it.

E20
06-05-2008, 07:47 PM
Having the baby on myspace is WTF.

But the as far as the funeral goes, there is nothing wrong with that.

easjer
06-05-2008, 08:43 PM
I understand why some people may think it's weird or should be kept private.

But sharing these pics with their friends and family, and physically/forcibly reminding them that this little girl existed and was loved can be really important to the parents. A loss of that magnitude is difficult to understand if you've never been there or had someone go through it. It's hard because people don't know what to say and quickly forget or act as if the child never existed. Having and showing that proof of the baby -- that can be so important in keeping the parents sane. Further - it's the only thing they have of their daughter. That picture is all they have. They don't have toys or blankets, they can't hold her one more time - they can only look at her.

Let them have that.

Mister Sinister
06-05-2008, 08:45 PM
Jesus Christ.

RashoFan
06-05-2008, 09:01 PM
Very sad to lose a child.

Did anyone else think the casket was an "igloo cooler" at first glance???

Sunshine
06-05-2008, 09:41 PM
I understand why some people may think it's weird or should be kept private.

But sharing these pics with their friends and family, and physically/forcibly reminding them that this little girl existed and was loved can be really important to the parents. A loss of that magnitude is difficult to understand if you've never been there or had someone go through it. It's hard because people don't know what to say and quickly forget or act as if the child never existed. Having and showing that proof of the baby -- that can be so important in keeping the parents sane. Further - it's the only thing they have of their daughter. That picture is all they have. They don't have toys or blankets, they can't hold her one more time - they can only look at her.

Let them have that.

I was talking to fatsack about this at dinner tonight and asked him "If X and Y had lost a baby and posted about it on their parenting blog, would we have thought it was weird?" No, we would have looked at it as their way of grieving and coping. Young people have MySpace to express themselves on, so it's perfectly normal for them to do so. I hope they can find a community, whether it be online or in their city, where they can come together with other parents who have lost babies.

On a side note: there are photographers who offer their services to families of stillborn children pro bono. They take photographs just as if that baby was alive...parents cradling their baby, kissing their forehead, counting their toes. It may seen macabre to those who don't understand the loss they are feeling, but to them, it's their way of saying "my baby existed, if only for a brief moment." My grandmother had a sibling who died at childbirth and she said the only picture they had of him was in the coffin at the cemetary.

mrsmaalox
06-05-2008, 09:42 PM
That's very sad. I think they are displaying a combination of possible mental health issues, limited intelligence/education and an extreme grief reaction. They are probably coping the best way they know how. And I know it's weird, but I remember pics of family members in coffins on display at the homes of some elderly relatives in the hills of Kentucky. And many years later, I saw the same thing at some in-laws homes in extremely rural Illinois. Could be a cultural i.e "hillbilly" (my relatives) thing.

Don Quixote
06-05-2008, 10:18 PM
Yeah, I feel bad for the parents. I don't know how I'd feel -- I've never lost a kid -- but I imagine losing one makes you do things that seem silly or illogical to the rest of us.

Sunshine
06-05-2008, 10:37 PM
Yeah, I feel bad for the parents. I don't know how I'd feel -- I've never lost a kid -- but I imagine losing one makes you do things that seem silly or illogical to the rest of us.

As my grandmother used to say "there but for the grace of God go I." I've never experienced the loss of a baby, but I cannot for a moment fathom what it must feel like.

mrsmaalox
06-05-2008, 10:43 PM
When my daughter passed away, the nurses gave me a beautiful little box with many mementos in it. It has 2 photos, foot prints and hand prints, and her baby blanket. Also had a lovely sympathy card from my doctor and probably other things I can't think of. It's strange that I couldn't even bear to look at the box for a couple of weeks, then I clung to it for a couple of weeks, and then I put it away and I haven't been able to touch it since.

Sunshine
06-05-2008, 10:48 PM
When my daughter passed away, the nurses gave me a beautiful little box with many mementos in it. It has 2 photos, foot prints and hand prints, and her baby blanket. Also had a lovely sympathy card from my doctor and probably other things I can't think of. It's strange that I couldn't even bear to look at the box for a couple of weeks, then I clung to it for a couple of weeks, and then I put it away and I haven't been able to touch it since.

I didn't know, my heart goes out to you.

My brother died when he was 27, AIDS. I remember my mother saying that it doesn't matter that he was a grown man, it was still her baby boy that died. Then when my mother died, I thought to myself "I don't have a mommy anymore" even though I was 30 at the time, married and on my own. She was still my mommy, the one who kissed boo-boos and knew just exactly how to make my PBJ sandwiches!

Ronaldo McDonald
06-06-2008, 12:26 AM
What's the difference between that (myspace pistures) and going up to an open casket at a funeral?

You're taking a look at the dead in both instances...

As far as the way they're dressed, that's their own opinion. I've never understood the concept of having to dress a certain way to show "respect". Look at lawyers. They wear expensive suits, shoes etc and yet most of them are nothing but pricks. Love and respect comes from within. Maybe they loved their kid more than a parent who dressed "formally" for their kid's funeral.

pawe
06-06-2008, 12:50 AM
that is too much.

marini martini
06-06-2008, 01:09 AM
Dayum Sunshine & Mrs. Maalox! You would never know it in this message board the pain & anguish you both have gone through. My deep heart sympathies, to the both of you. Mrs. M, loosing an infant is so devastating, I can't even imagine. I weep just thinking about it. Sunshine, loosing your Mother, is so painful for a daughter, I know. I wish all of us could step back for one moment, and realize that we all have loss, heartache, pain, and sorrow. So, even though we laugh through our pain, we must step back, and aknowledge some of us with pain, are a little fresher and sharper in it, at this time. Kind words, are the music of the world.

Nbadan
06-06-2008, 01:41 AM
Umm....at least they didn't bring the dead kid home to meet the rest of the family...

In his Senate office, on a shelf next to an autographed baseball, Sen. Rick Santorum keeps a framed photo of his son Gabriel Michael, the fourth of his seven children. Named for two archangels, Gabriel Michael was born prematurely, at 20 weeks, on Oct. 11, 1996, and lived two hours outside the womb.

Upon their son's death, Rick and Karen Santorum opted not to bring his body to a funeral home. Instead, they bundled him in a blanket and drove him to Karen's parents' home in Pittsburgh. There, they spent several hours kissing and cuddling Gabriel with his three siblings, ages 6, 4 and 1 1/2. They took photos, sang lullabies in his ear and held a private Mass.

Washinton Post (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A61804-2005Apr17.html)

Slydragon
06-06-2008, 02:36 AM
I dunno, I can't image what they are going threw and I never want to. If something happen to my daughter I have no reason to live and I would make sure I don't go on, she is my life just me and her since she was 4 months she 6 now. My mom helps allot tho, like while I am work she picks her up from school and stuff.