PDA

View Full Version : Cutting off your nose...

balli
06-05-2008, 09:30 PM
It's only been one half, but so far it's been great. Some good defensive plays, some great passes and teamwork, some great dunks. The scoring is good, but that's not because of bad defense. The fans are into it. The players are going at it. There was just a great split-screen commercial with Bird and Magic. Basically, it's been one hell of a half of basketball and it's only going to get better.

In any event, I hope all you boycotting bitches, screaming conspiracy despite losing in only five short games, know how stupid and spiteful your decision skip The 2008 NBA Finals really is.

Then again maybe you're really enjoying So You Think You Can Dance or Last Comic Standing.

Fools.

balli
06-05-2008, 09:36 PM
Oh... and to the large number of Spurs fans who aren't acting liked spoiled and insolent children about this Finals- good on ya.

TampaDude
06-05-2008, 10:12 PM
I'm watching...GO LAKERS!!! :toast

balli
06-05-2008, 10:18 PM
Tampa you're legit, I'd be very surprised if you weren't watching. Way to suck it up and root for LA too. As long as you're going to lose it might as well be to the champs!

duncan228
06-05-2008, 10:22 PM
I'm watching. It's actually nice to be able to just appreciate the game and not be emotionally involved in it.

JamStone
06-05-2008, 10:30 PM
"You guys are babies! I'm so cool I'm gonna make a thread about how cool I am!"

balli
06-05-2008, 10:37 PM
"You guys are babies! I'm so cool I'm gonna make a thread about how cool everyone who isn't complaining out of spite is!"

fixed

dav4463
06-05-2008, 10:37 PM
If I want to watch Saved by the Bell instead, it's my decision!

T Park
06-05-2008, 11:03 PM
pardon me if I can't sit through a series with two of the shittiest cities in the us.

ShoogarBear
06-05-2008, 11:09 PM
It's really, really gratifying that we have your approval. It means so much to us.

balli
06-05-2008, 11:14 PM
Don't bite the hand that feeds you boss.

Edit: Especially after, this
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98322
this
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97748
this
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97826
this
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97812
this
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98074
this
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98140
this
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98022
& this
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97375

m33p0
06-05-2008, 11:31 PM
what's it to you whether i watch it or not?

balli
06-05-2008, 11:36 PM
what's it to you whether i watch it or not?

Well. In the course of discussing this series over the past week, I've had to sift through and listen to an enormous amount of resentment driven bullshit and baseless conspiracy claims in order to give and listen to legitimate takes. It's been pretty damn annoying and consequently, because of the sheer volume of all that shit, it's been near impossible to refute it. This is my way of belittling those who gave rise to such a foul and malicious trend.

ShoogarBear
06-05-2008, 11:38 PM
If you're so annoyed by it, there's an easy solution.

balli
06-05-2008, 11:41 PM
If you're so annoyed by it, there's an easy solution.

I know you don't like me shoog and if that's your prerogative so be it, but have you seen Jazzfanz? :rolleyes

leemajors
06-06-2008, 12:01 AM
It's only been one half, but so far it's been great. Some good defensive plays, some great passes and teamwork, some great dunks. The scoring is good, but that's not because of bad defense. The fans are into it. The players are going at it. There was just a great split-screen commercial with Bird and Magic. Basically, it's been one hell of a half of basketball and it's only going to get better.

In any event, I hope all you boycotting bitches, screaming conspiracy despite losing in only five short games, know how stupid and spiteful your decision skip The 2008 NBA Finals really is.

Then again maybe you're really enjoying So You Think You Can Dance or Last Comic Standing.

Fools.

i was actually watching go diego go and backyardigans, thank you very much. did catch the last few minutes though!

Spurminator
06-06-2008, 12:06 AM
It was on at the bar I was at. I caught a few minutes with no commentary.

Hoping for a Celtics sweep at this point.

balli
06-06-2008, 12:07 AM
i was actually watching go diego go and backyardigans, thank you very much.

Were they good ones? And at least you probably saw the part where KG come through with the 1st clutch game in his life.

TampaDude
06-06-2008, 12:10 AM
Tampa you're legit, I'd be very surprised if you weren't watching. Way to suck it up and root for LA too. As long as you're going to lose it might as well be to the champs!

Thanks...and it's not too hard for me to root for the Lakers in the Finals...I used to live in Los Angeles...and I hate all Boston teams with a fucking passion.

:flipoff FUCK BOSTON!!! :flipoff

baseline bum
06-06-2008, 12:19 AM
The only NBA Finals in my life that I've not been excited by was the '02 LA-New Jersey matchup. Not because of any animosity to LA, but because it was like watching Mike Tyson beat the shit out of a retarded kid.

This game was pretty good though. Way more competitive than anyone would think after just checking the boxscore.

ShoogarBear
06-06-2008, 12:24 AM
I know you don't like me shoog and if that's your prerogative so be it, but have you seen Jazzfanz? :rolleyes

I don't know you, so there's no basis for me to like you or not.

I have noticed that you go on and on in this superior stance about how Utah is great but full of inferior assholes, and now seem to have adopted that same attitude to us lowlifes in this forum.

balli
06-06-2008, 12:33 AM
and now seem to have adopted that same attitude to us lowlifes in this forum.

Not really. I think most of the people in this forum and this forum itself are great. You must have missed the several times I've called this the best and most knowledgable forum associated with the NBA. And for some reason you took offense when I said in this thread that I appreciated the many, many spurs fans who are bein cool about this finals. If that part of my thread came off as condescending or elitist, sorry, that wasn't the intention.

And Utah is great while being full of inferior people. Sorry boss, Mormons aren't my cup of tea and it apparently shows. Good.

m33p0
06-06-2008, 09:08 AM
Well. In the course of discussing this series over the past week, I've had to sift through and listen to an enormous amount of resentment driven bullshit and baseless conspiracy claims in order to give and listen to legitimate takes. It's been pretty damn annoying and consequently, because of the sheer volume of all that shit, it's been near impossible to refute it. This is my way of belittling those who gave rise to such a foul and malicious trend.
well then, i'm excused coz i don't give a damn about conspiracy theories. i just want the spurs winning again. if they're not in the finals like they are now, so be it. there's always next year.

ShoogarBear
06-06-2008, 07:51 PM
Not really. I think most of the people in this forum and this forum itself are great. You must have missed the several times I've called this the best and most knowledgable forum associated with the NBA. And for some reason you took offense when I said in this thread that I appreciated the many, many spurs fans who are bein cool about this finals. If that part of my thread came off as condescending or elitist, sorry, that wasn't the intention.

And Utah is great while being full of inferior people. Sorry boss, Mormons aren't my cup of tea and it apparently shows. Good.

Eh, I'm sure I've written everything that was in that list you posted at least once myself. It's called blowing off steam (at least in part).

And I do root for a lot of choking to be done on both sides.

Tradition
06-06-2008, 08:43 PM
This series IMO is going to be the best one of these playoffs. Its going 6-7 games and its going to be a trench war. As a basketball fan, you love that shit. Put aside your feelings for both teams, the ratings, the media coverage and focus soley on these 2 matchuping up against each other on the court.

If you still arent going to watch it or at least keep up with it, then you shouldnt call yourself a true basketball fan. Hell Im willing to bet that several posters who say they "wont watch the finals" are only saying it out of their hate for the Lakers or Celtics yet still be tempted to watch.