PDA

View Full Version : Another of our disappearing draft picks

GSH
06-05-2008, 10:39 PM
The team that Splitter played for this year reportedly wants Romaine Sato. I remember the Spurs were really high on the guy, then he just sort of disappeared. Can't remember if they traded, or just waived him.

I remember they said he could shoot. And he was about 6'2" but had something like an 8'7" standing reach. I remember thinking someone must have put him on the rack and stretched him.

http://www.talkbasket.net/content/view/182/30/

Kori Ellis
06-05-2008, 10:46 PM
He was a real bust in Spurs practice/training camp and was waived. He was so bad that Lance Blanks was reportedly fired for scouting him and encouraging the Spurs to draft him :lol

T Park
06-05-2008, 10:52 PM
Here I thought it was because he was the worst color commentator in the history of basketball

GSH
06-05-2008, 10:53 PM
He was a real bust in Spurs practice/training camp and was waived. He was so bad that Lance Blanks was reportedly fired for scouting him and encouraging the Spurs to draft him :lol

I trust you. I was thinking that they sent him to the D-league for a year before I lost track of him, but that's a very distinct memory you have for him. He must have really stunk up the joint.

That's what spooks me about guys who put up numbers in other leagues. So often it doesn't translate here. You wonder if Sato improved, or if it was just weaker competition. And if he didn't improve that much, and still has a chance to make the team for the Euro League champ?

T Park
06-05-2008, 10:55 PM
Sato works in euroleagues due to the poor defense and lesser comp.

Im sure hes SLIGHTLY better, but when I saw him in summer league, he was a bleeping joke.

Twisted_Dawg
06-05-2008, 11:01 PM

That is some good intel....reportedly.