PDA

View Full Version : Splitter signs a four-year extension with Tau

Pages : [1] 2 3

Bruno
06-05-2008, 11:29 PM
It's over. :depressed

Link in Spanish :
http://www.elcorreodigital.com/alava/20080606/deportes/tau/baskonia-apalabra-renovacion-splitter-20080606.html

He has a NBA opt out close in 2010.

Edit : official announcement :
http://www.baskonia.com/es/noticias_explicacion.asp?id_noticia=796

ducks
06-05-2008, 11:31 PM
spurs with splittler this year would have beaten la even if manu laid an egg

dknights411
06-05-2008, 11:32 PM
Spurstalk meltdown in 3....2.....1......

timaios
06-05-2008, 11:33 PM
Splitter is a loser.

ca®lo
FUCK YOU TAU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

first scola! now splitter!

Mr. Body
Wow.

Whatever, dude. Hope you never come over.

gospursgojas
06-05-2008, 11:34 PM
Ah well...

Not going to cry over a guy whom we don't know how he would of panned out.

Maybe this will teach the SPurs to stop waisting draft picks

rayray2k8
Figured..
But why cry over a guy who we really werent sure if
he would have done THAT well on our squad.

m33p0
:down:

Spurtacus
06-05-2008, 11:35 PM
Just when I had hope again...

Tiago, you loser.

ducks
06-05-2008, 11:36 PM
he did what he did to get a bigger payday

gospursgojas
06-05-2008, 11:37 PM
Why is a guy who helps him and his family (or eventual family) out by taking more money a loser?

Blame the Spurs for taking the risk.

Mr. Body
06-05-2008, 11:37 PM
Splitter resigning isn't really his fault, but losing Scola is, as is signing Bonner. The pressure is on.

I think if he has another lackluster off-season it ought to be time to ask R.C. Buford to move along.

tav1
06-05-2008, 11:38 PM
Alright, let's move on. We have a draft to dominate.

Mr. Body
06-05-2008, 11:39 PM

Yeah right.

ShoogarBear
06-05-2008, 11:40 PM
LMAO if the dollar rebounds next year.

ShoogarBear

Yeah, who else can we draft on Tau?

T Park
4 years?

Way to settle for the minor leagues Tiago.

Onto plan B.

ace3g
now the Spurs probably need to look at bringing over Javtokas, we need the draft for a SF swingman, we haven't had good luck with big men in the draft coming over, but we did a good job with Sanikidze who played in the summer league last year and played well. He is hopefully going to be on the spurs summer league team again and can play well enough to get a roster spot. He is a long SF that can score, rebound, get steals, and blocks

T Park
06-05-2008, 11:41 PM
Splitter resigning isn't really his fault, but losing Scola is, as is signing Bonner. The pressure is on.

I think if he has another lackluster off-season it ought to be time to ask R.C. Buford to move along.

Move the fuck on trick.

gospursgojas

Yeah I can't wait for the Spurs to draft Farkusmelpov Myopausus from North Lithuania Minor to never touch a spurs uni :ihit

T Park
now the Spurs probably need to look at bringing over Javtokas, we need the draft for a SF swingman, we haven't had good luck with big men in the draft coming over, but we did a good job with Sanikidze who played in the summer league last year and played well. He is hopefully going to be on the spurs summer league team again and can play well enough to get a roster spot. He is a long SF that can score, rebound, get steals, and blocks

Javtokas didn't want competition from Elson.
Who says he'd want comp from Oberto or Mahinmi?

Mr. Body
now the Spurs probably need to look at bringing over Javtokas,

Is he even answering phones? Last we saw the Spurs absolutely jilted him.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-05-2008, 11:42 PM
By principle it's Spurs fault. Not Splitter's.

But why! Doesn't want to compete with the best? Wants to compete with nobodies!? That fucker!

Sacrifice money, for the bigger stage man! I guess it's a matter of ideals.:bang

Mr. Body
Javtokas didn't want competition from Elson.
Who says he'd want comp from Oberto or Mahinmi?

*facepalm*

T Park
Why is a guy who helps him and his family (or eventual family) out by taking more money a loser?

Blame the Spurs for drafting a guy who promised he was coming over the next season?

Great logic :tu

T Park
*facepalm*

Yeah, cause you keep thinking its something else.

ducks
06-05-2008, 11:43 PM
be funny if he gets hurt and sticks it to tau

not wishing him injury
just mad at tau

spurs1990
Its bout that time to jump up of damn cliff.

So who the F are we gonna pick up in the draft?

T Park
Is he even answering phones? Last we saw the Spurs absolutely jilted him.

Wrong again.

As usual.

dougp
I personally hope that we hold his draft rights and never allow him to enter the NBA. To y'all who are saying that he did what he did for his family/himself, etc. He made a promise, and we wasted a pick because he wanted to come here. He's nothing but a second-rate who deserves to stay in a second-rate league for breaking a promise that lead to him being drafted.

Mr. Body
Move the fuck on trick.

He's had two good moves in the last three years: Oberto, Udoka. Mahinmi was Presti's boy.

Suck my dick.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
Blame the Spurs for drafting a guy who promised he was coming over the next season?

Did he really promise the Spurs??

koopa
this is why i hate rc and his bright ass white teeth, wasted pick after wasted pick, we luck out twice with tony and manu, and now we have to only drafter shit ass foreingers, we need to only draft americans cause even though they will probably be a bust cause our scouts suck ass, we'll have at least tried to develop talent and maybe find a good player......... drafting all these foreigners lessens our chance of finding players to help out tim duncan

ducks
06-05-2008, 11:44 PM

why would spurs pick him if he did not
THINK

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-05-2008, 11:44 PM
RC was enticed by the power of Splitter's name.

T Park
06-05-2008, 11:45 PM
He's had two good moves in the last three years: Oberto, Udoka. Mahinmi was Presti's boy.

Suck my dick.

Wow, with takes like that...

T Park
06-05-2008, 11:45 PM

yup

Mr. Body
06-05-2008, 11:46 PM
Wrong again.

As usual.

T Schmuck, before I put you on ignore, let me learn ya. Your drivel about Javtokas not wanting to compete with Elson is so far up your ass it's unbelievable, since Elson wasn't part of the team yet. Javtokas sent back a lowball offer, i.e. one lower than expected, a normal part of negotiating.

The Spurs turned arond and offered money to Elson and Butler the next week. They never gave another offer to Javtokas. People bitched around here - probably you too - thinking he was owed something, but this is normal procedure, like how Oberto opted out last summer to get more years.

But since you have the brain wattage of penguin shit frozen out in the Arctic wastes you can't comprehend any of this and keep repeating the same tired, boring bullshit.

I've had enough of you.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-05-2008, 11:46 PM
why would spurs pick him if he did not
THINK

I'm asking if that was just conjecture if he said for sure on paper, or quoted he'd come IN 2008-2009 season, since the way the Spurs do it, is wait two to three years til' they're ready, a la Manu, Scola/Oberto.

Spurtacus
06-05-2008, 11:47 PM
I personally hope that we hold his draft rights and never allow him to enter the NBA. To y'all who are saying that he did what he did for his family/himself, etc. He made a promise, and we wasted a pick because he wanted to come here. He's nothing but a second-rate who deserves to stay in a second-rate league for breaking a promise that lead to him being drafted.

I agree. He declared for the NBA draft for a reason! Sure, the economy has changed in a year....

gospursgojas
06-05-2008, 11:47 PM

Yes.

The Spurs are the model franchise, 4 time NBA champions.

You think they would draft a player more on just a promise. Drafting and shiping their players to Europe to "develop" has finally caught up with them.

ducks
06-05-2008, 11:48 PM
I'm asking if that was just conjecture if he said for sure on paper, or quoted he'd come IN 2008-2009 season, since the way the Spurs do it, is wait two to three years til' they're ready, a la Manu, Scola/Oberto.

oh
:downspin::downspin::downspin::lol:lol:lol:lol:lma o:lmao

easjer
Not surprising, but upsetting all the same.

Well fuck. Back to square 1.

We might as well have not bothered drafting anyone for all the good the last draft did us. We probably could have traded those picks for, you know, something.

My gut reaction is that they should hold his rights for fucking us over, but that means that our international relationships get screwed. People won't work with the Spurs if they hear that they are out to screw the international players.

In the end, it's ultimately the Spurs' own fault - they need to stop drafting and stashing. It always runs a risk - in this case, as with Scola, it bit them in the ass.

(still, my heart says fuck Tiago.)

T Park
T Schmuck, before I put you on ignore, let me learn ya. Your drivel about Javtokas not wanting to compete with Elson is so far up your ass it's unbelievable, since Elson wasn't part of the team yet. Javtokas sent back a lowball offer, i.e. one lower than expected, a normal part of negotiating.

The Spurs turned arond and offered money to Elson and Butler the next week. They never gave another offer to Javtokas. People bitched around here - probably you too - thinking he was owed something, but this is normal procedure, like how Oberto opted out last summer to get more years.

But since you have the brain wattage of penguin shit frozen out in the Arctic wastes you can't comprehend any of this and keep repeating the same tired, boring bullshit.

I've had enough of you.

So uh, is everyone else that made that point wrong too?

beachwood
This is horrible news. Can we not draft another euro who is going to ditch us?

tav1
this is why i hate rc and his bright ass white teeth, wasted pick after wasted pick, we luck out twice with tony and manu, and now we have to only drafter shit ass foreingers, we need to only draft americans cause even though they will probably be a bust cause our scouts suck ass, we'll have at least tried to develop talent and maybe find a good player......... drafting all these foreigners lessens our chance of finding players to help out tim duncan

count backwards from 10 and get a grip. the sky isnt falling.

T Park
06-05-2008, 11:49 PM
Yes.

The Spurs are the model franchise, 4 time NBA champions.

You think they would draft a player more on just a promise. Drafting and shiping their players to Europe to "develop" has finally caught up with them.

They drafted the best player available at that point of the draft.

Don't know what else you want them to do.

gospursgojas

And he's getting paid alot more for it. :toast

ShoogarBear
I bet David Stern had something to do with this.

T Park

Two to three weeks ago he reiterated his desire to come to the NBA.

E20
This is basically Scola part II, we're gonna let him stay there until he is 28, still not be able to sign him, trade him to some team.

Mr. Body
06-05-2008, 11:50 PM
I agree. He declared for the NBA draft for a reason! Sure, the economy has changed in a year....

He was 22, I believe, so was automatically eligible, no declaration.

easjer
06-05-2008, 11:51 PM

I can't pull up quotes or papers, but I'm pretty certain he stated more than once that he planned on entering the NBA in 2008, when his Tau contract ended.

And I certainly like to hope that the Spurs are not that fucking stupid.

I am beginning to lean towards being unhappy with RC as well. He's got a fuck of a lot to prove with this up coming draft.

easjer
06-05-2008, 11:52 PM
This is horrible news. Can we not draft another euro who is going to ditch us?

Why? Because the domestic scouting and drafting has been so good in recent memory? :depressed

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-05-2008, 11:52 PM
oh
:downspin::downspin::downspin::lol:lol:lol:lol:lma o:lmao
:rolleyes

Sometimes, the information on these guys have two sides of the story with the reports. If Splitter really did say, "i'm planning on coming to the NBA as soon as I can" or somethin then that's fucked up.

gospursgojas
06-05-2008, 11:53 PM
They drafted the best player available at that point of the draft.

Don't know what else you want them to do.

Draft an American.

Ok ok thats a bit xenophobic.

Draft someone and put him on the team that year.

dbreiden83080
Fuck him, move on let it go. At least Spurs now know for sure that drafting these foreign clowns who are not sure bets to sign with the team is a bad idea. I am not going to go nuts over this, it's done we have a pick this year and we need to get someone that can help us next season. Lets develop Ian and try to get back to the title next year, the Hell with Splitter.

Kori Ellis
yup

??

He never promised the Spurs he was coming this summer. I don't know where you get that.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
I can't pull up quotes or papers, but I'm pretty certain he stated more than once that he planned on entering the NBA in 2008, when his Tau contract ended.

I am beginning to lean towards being unhappy with RC as well. He's got a fuck of a lot to prove with this up coming draft.

RC rested on his laurels. He should take cue from Dumars. We're losing ground every year with our draft fuck ups.

T Park

No wait a minute.

You stated what happened, then you say "I hope they aren't that stupid"

Aren't stupid to take a guy for his word?

Aren't stupid, how?

SPURSGOAT
06-05-2008, 11:54 PM
:bang:depressed:pctoss

Now we really need to get a big like Diop

T Park
??

He never promised the Spurs he was coming this summer. I don't know where you get that.

So the many repeated quotes of saying he was going to the NBA in the summer or 2008 are made up?

T Park
:bang:depressed:pctoss

Now we really need to get a big like Diop

F

No

gospursgojas
??

Thank you Kori

ace3g
Fuck him, move on let it go. At least Spurs now know for sure that drafting these foreign clowns who are not sure bets to sign with the team is a bad idea. I am not going to go nuts over this, it's done we have a pick this year and we need to get someone that can help us next season. Lets develop Ian and try to get back to the title next year, the Hell with Splitter.

that or just don't draft players from TAU

T Park
06-05-2008, 11:55 PM
RC rested on his laurels. He should take cue from Dumars. We're losing ground every year with our draft fuck ups.

How did he rest on his laurels?

BY drafting the best player available?

ducks

and the usa

easjer
No wait a minute.

You stated what happened, then you say "I hope they aren't that stupid"

Aren't stupid to take a guy for his word?

Aren't stupid, how?

Aren't so fucking stupid as to repeat the Scola issues or just fucking assume he would come over and there wouldn't be any other offers to lure him away. It appears they might be.

But Kori said he made no promises (see above) and I'm inclined to trust her memory/knowledge of events.

baseline bum
06-05-2008, 11:56 PM

This is 100% the Spurs fault. Anyone with half a brain knew Splitter didn't want to play in the NBA after he pulled out of the draft like 3 years in a row.

Kori Ellis

I don't think I ever read anywhere that he said he was coming for sure.

I have heard him saying that he HOPES to come. But I never heard Splitter ever say, "I promise I'm signing with the Spurs when my contract with Tau ends." At most, he could say that he was going to talk to the Spurs when his contract ended ... which he did.

Buddy Holly
I'm now willing to trade Tiago's rights to move up in the draft.

TDMVPDPOY
im starting to think TAU is trying to fuck with our organization

gospursgojas

They didn't draft him from Tau.

It's not like Tau is a nation or something

ducks
06-05-2008, 11:57 PM
he had to say he was really to come over
why would he not be if he entered the draft
it is not like the spurs are the knicks or something
they are a class organization

easjer

That is what I'm beginning to think. That or Sam Presti really was the mastermind. Horrifying thought. I think RC needs to do a fuck of a lot better this year between the draft and FA signings, or he'll be on the hot seat.

Buddy Holly
This is 100% the Spurs fault. Anyone with half a brain knew Splitter didn't want to play in the NBA after he pulled out of the draft like 3 years in a row.

Isn't one of the reasons he dropped so low because scouts and GM's thought he wouldn't come to the NBA?

Biggems
i think the Spurs should have either drafted someone else, or traded for the first pick of the 2nd round and then took Splitter, if he was still there.....this way they could have offered him more money.

Aggie Hoopsfan

When he tells an NBA team that if they draft him he'll come over the following year.

Bitch move.

dbreiden83080

Don't draft them unless you know for sure you can sign them PERIOD. What good is a guy who is more talented than someone who is a lock to sign with you?? How many times do you get burned before you learn your lesson??

T Park
Aren't so fucking stupid as to repeat the Scola issues or just fucking assume he would come over and there wouldn't be any other offers to lure him away. It appears they might be.

But Kori said he made no promises (see above) and I'm inclined to trust her memory/knowledge of events.

Well, if he tells you "Im coming over"

I don't know what else you can do.

You can't up the pay or anything.

T Park
06-05-2008, 11:58 PM
When he tells an NBA team that if they draft him he'll come over the following year.

Bitch move.

:lol

Thank you.

SequSpur
Cuz the Spurs Organization fucking blows.. nobody wants to play for pop.

timvp
I'm now willing to trade Tiago's rights to move up in the draft.ROFL. The 26th pick plus Splitter's rights would probably now get you the 27th pick. He's never coming over and he still counts against the salary cap.

Splitter = Negative value now.

Four years? Seriously?

:pctoss

T Park
06-05-2008, 11:59 PM

The first legit arguement I've seen.

T Park
Cuz the Spurs Organization fucking blows.. nobody wants to play for pop.

What do you care, your not going to the games anymore small fry.

Mr. Body

He's like any other executive. Bad performance shouldn't override good feelings, not when the corporation is injured by this bad performance.

Buford really needs to be called onto the carpet. Splitter resigning is not his fault, but it does emphasize the fact that he has failed to get any young talent on this team whatsoever and, leaving aside Mahinmi for the moment (again, a Presti pet project), the Spurs' drafting and personnel management since Parker's draft has been a five year disaster.

We have a talented coach in Pop.
We have one of the greatest players ever in Duncan.
Our General Manager is not up to par, not by a long shot.

It's time for a change. This is his crunch time. If he can't get it done this summer, I say hit the road.

Kori Ellis
Isn't one of the reasons he dropped so low because scouts and GM's thought he wouldn't come to the NBA?

He probably dropped because he had pulled out of the draft several times previously and because he was contracted with Tau.

easjer
Well, if he tells you "Im coming over"

I don't know what else you can do.

You can't up the pay or anything.

You stop drafting and stashing. You start drafting people who can actually come to your team. Or at least you stop wasting first round draft picks on players who have reasonable chances at not playing for you.

Drafting him at 33 would have been a lot more palatable at this point, and would have allowed for salary negotiation, I think.

T Park
06-06-2008, 12:00 AM
ROFL. The 26th pick plus Splitter's rights would probably now get you the 27th pick. He's never coming over and he still counts against the salary cap.

Four years? Seriously?

Exactly, it goes from 2 to 4 years?

Another big fuck you from Tau.

gospursgojas
I thought that we already established that HE DIDN'T TELL THE SPURS HE WAS COMING.

T Park
You stop drafting and stashing. You start drafting people who can actually come to your team. Or at least you stop wasting first round draft picks on players who have reasonable chances at not playing for you.

Drafting him at 33 would have been a lot more palatable at this point, and would have allowed for salary negotiation, I think.

There wasn't anyone "american" where the Spurs were at was worth drafting instead of him.

So once again.....

Avitus1
What a bitch.

tp2021
so, timvp, we are essentially stuck with this player's rights and are getting absolutely nothing out of it the whole time, except for it serving as a constant reminder of everything that can go wrong with draft-n-stash?

what can we do with him? where do the spurs go from here?

Kori Ellis
06-06-2008, 12:01 AM
He's like any other executive. Bad performance shouldn't override good feelings, not when the corporation is injured by this bad performance.

Buford really needs to be called onto the carpet. Splitter resigning is not his fault, but it does emphasize the fact that he has failed to get any young talent on this team whatsoever and, leaving aside Mahinmi for the moment (again, a Presti pet project), the Spurs' drafting and personnel management since Parker's draft has been a five year disaster.

It's time for a change. This is his crunch time. If he can't get it done this summer, I say hit the road.

:lol Why do you think when Presti was up for the Seattle job, I said over and over that we should offer RC instead?

SequSpur
Dudes... if the spurs trade his ass, he signs and plays in the NBA. Just like Scola.

Wake up. One day you will see the light. The Spurs can't recruit shit.

T Park

and hire who..

baseline bum
ROFL. The 26th pick plus Splitter's rights would probably now get you the 27th pick. He's never coming over and he still counts against the salary cap.

Four years? Seriously?

Is there anything in the CBA that allows the team to waive his rights and his salary cap slot if he doesn't come over in 2-3 years after being drafted?

easjer
I don't think I ever read anywhere that he said he was coming for sure.

I have heard him saying that he HOPES to come. But I never heard Splitter ever say, "I promise I'm signing with the Spurs when my contract with Tau ends." At most, he could say that he was going to talk to the Spurs when his contract ended ... which he did.

As I said, I trust your knowledge over my own on this.

Buddy Holly

Four years? Seriously?

Not just Splitter's rights.

T Park
06-06-2008, 12:02 AM
Not just Splitter's rights.

His rights aren't worth shit.

timvp
Splitter said last year before the draft and after the draft that he planned to come over this year. In his press conference with the Spurs, he gave no indication that he'd go back to Spain. He basically said "I have one more year that I have to get through in Spain". Then he was asked whether his buyout would be a problem and Splitter and RC said no it'd be no problem.

The main problem is Splitter became a star and a leader. Plus he got fed info from Tau that Pop hates rookies. Pop obviously didn't do anything to alleviate his fears.

Goodbye, Tiago.

See you never.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
How did he rest on his laurels?

BY drafting the best player available?

The Spurs FO relied too much on overseas picks, over the last three years.

To be fair, Spurs never have many great options because of their successes. So you can only blame them so much. But Pistons are example of another successful team, who make the best with what they got.

The International angle of developing players, that well has kinda dried up after the Scola debacle.
It's pretty apparent that there is a disconnect with the committments of these guys. Dealing with two agents. Euro contracts overlapping and conflicting with the NBA expectations of both players and salaries. It's becoming too much of a hassle in the last few years.

Spurs should have had at least two rookies to bring in, rather than, saying "eh, we're winning now, we can cut costs by waiting for them without having to develop them on our own bench, in the mean time cut more costs by signing cheap FA"

SequSpur
Well, If I thought Obama had a chance to be prez, I wouldn't move here either.

Aggie Hoopsfan

If you honestly think that R.C. does everything he does without getting Pop's blessing, you probably shouldn't be posting here.

Mr. Body
06-06-2008, 12:03 AM
so, timvp, we are essentially stuck with this player's rights and are getting absolutely nothing out of it the whole time, except for it serving as a constant reminder of everything that can go wrong with draft-n-stash?

what can we do with him? where do the spurs go from here?

It's funny. DX had a sequence of articles last year about how the Euro market was pricing players out of the first round salary scale, especially late in the round. I never imagined Tiago Splitter would become the poster example of the phenomenon. This utterly screws the Spurs.

You can't do anything. I expect the Spurs will hang on to the rights and see what he wants to do in two years. They may try to sign him or trade the rights. In the meantime he's as valuable to us as Sergei Karaulov.

T Park
If you honestly think that R.C. does everything he does without getting Pop's blessing, you probably shouldn't be posting here.

Didn't take long.

gospursgojas
There wasn't anyone "american" where the Spurs were at was worth drafting instead of him.

So once again.....

What? The Spurs drafted the best available player?

What good does the best available player do you if he never touches the court?

We have like 4 or 5 euro busts and like 1 or 2 Tony/Manus.

2centsworth

I've only been saying this for almost two years. His poor performance is catching-up with the team. Hopefully Pop can continue to recruit decent old guys.

mVp
06-06-2008, 12:04 AM
So the many repeated quotes of saying he was going to the NBA in the summer or 2008 are made up?

Promises are overrated, words ain't worth shit nowadays.

Buddy Holly
His rights aren't worth shit.

To a team looking long term they are.

tp2021
it seems as though the spurs, who may have started/set the interest in international players in motion, are the ones who will also begin the reversal.

poetic INJUSTICE!!!!!!!!

T Park
The Spurs FO relied too much on overseas picks, over the last three years.

To be fair, Spurs never have many great options because of their successes. So you can only blame them so much. But Pistons are example of another successful team, who make the best with what they got.

The International angle of developing players, that well has kinda dried up after the Scola debacle.
It's pretty apparent that there is a disconnect with the committments of these guys. Dealing with two agents. Euro contracts overlapping and conflicting with the NBA expectations of both players and salaries. It's becoming too much of a hassle in the last few years.

Spurs should have had at least two rookies to bring in, rather than, saying "eh, we're winning now, we can cut costs by waiting for them without having to develop them on our own bench, in the mean time cut more costs by signing cheap FA"

Always easy to play armchair quarterback

easjer

So once again.....

Oh, come on TPark, don't be obtuse.

Trade the pick. Set up a trade. Look other international players who might actually be available.

I'm not saying only draft Americans. I'm saying that they have GOT to STOP blowing the picks. YEARS of wasted picks now. There are other options besides wasting a first round pick (that apparently negatively affects then) on a player who may be unable to come over or contribute. This is not the first time the Spurs have been fucked by this shit.

T Park
To a team looking long term they are.

Hes never coming to the NBA.

Wtf.

Mr. Body
:lol Why do you think when Presti was up for the Seattle job, I said over and over that we should offer RC instead?

You were 100% right.

After kicking Buford out, given the shambles of Seattle moving to OK City, maybe we can get the bright one back.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-06-2008, 12:05 AM
So if the Spurs hadn't fucked up this pick, here's who went after Tiago last year:

Carl Landry
Glen Davis
Dominic McGuire
Marc Gasol (hey, him, a bag of chips, and a sixer could have gotten us Pau...)
Taurean Green

Thanks, front office...

Mr. Body

Where did you get that impression?

Pop is also coach, has value. The full time GM is the one who should go, n'est-ce pas? Do you understand? Comprende?

T Park

Trade the pick. Set up a trade. Look other international players who might actually be available.

I'm not saying only draft Americans. I'm saying that they have GOT to STOP blowing the picks. YEARS of wasted picks now. There are other options besides wasting a first round pick (that apparently negatively affects then) on a player who may be unable to come over or contribute. This is not the first time the Spurs have been fucked by this shit.

Its only a wasted pick, cause Tau went rogue and did something that wasn't expected.

:lol Trade the pick?
Now everyone is ripping the Spurs for trading past picks, so everyone thats ripping on the front office needs to get on the same page.

timvp
06-06-2008, 12:06 AM

what can we do with him? where do the spurs go from here?Spurs will probably hold onto him. It'd be difficult to give him away at this point and he doesn't cost anything. If he doesn't make the jump in 2010, the Spurs will renounce his rights if they are going to follow through with the 2010 plan and try to open up caproom.

Basically, he'll have one more chance to come over in 2010 but no way he comes over that year. He'd have to take like pennies on the dollar to make the jump. Plus, RC and the Spurs are much more pissed than we are ... so I think that bridge is burned beyond repair.

Basically, the Spurs will either hold his worthless rights until comes the point they have to renounce his rights to open cap space.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-06-2008, 12:06 AM

Didn't take long.

So you think R.C. does what he does in a vacuum without Pop?

Tell me you're not this dense. Sounds like one too many times around the Tilt-a-whirl for you, if so.

gospursgojas
06-06-2008, 12:07 AM
Spurs will probably hold onto him. It'd be difficult to give him away at this point and he doesn't cost anything. If he doesn't make the jump in 2010, the Spurs will renounce his rights if they are going to follow through with the 2010 plan and try to open up caproom.

Basically, he'll have one more chance to come over in 2010 but no way he comes over that year. He'd have to take like pennies on the dollar to make the jump. Plus, RC and the Spurs are much more pissed than we are ... so I think that bridge is burned beyond repair.

Basically, the Spurs will either hold his worthless rights until comes the point they have to renounce his rights to open cap space.

Scola part 2

T Park
So you think R.C. does what he does in a vacuum without Pop?

Tell me you're not this dense. Sounds like one too many times around the Tilt-a-whirl for you, if so.

Timvp and everyone else who has told you the stories about the Josh Howard draft and what not must be "as dense" as well.

Kori Ellis
Sorry but Splitter never "promised" he was coming to the NBA this summer. He might have said he planned on it, hoped to, wanted to, or whatever. But he didn't ever promise anything.

Things change all the time. He has family concerns. He's guaranteed playing time there. Lots more money. House/cars paid for. He's comfortable there. He knows what to expect for the coaches/organization/environment. There was a lot working against the Spurs. And I'm not sure they went there and tried to sell him either ... the Spurs don't beg people to play for them and maybe that's what it would take to convince him he was wanted/needed. If I was Splitter, I probably wouldn't come either.

T Park
06-06-2008, 12:08 AM
Scola part 2

Scola was actually coming.

Splitter is never coming.

Buddy Holly
Hes never coming to the NBA.

Wtf.

He has a out clause in 2010, who'd to say never?

Who knows, maybe he doesn't, trading his rights in a package with players, future picks, money isn't going to mean shit.

That was my point.

Aggie Hoopsfan

You've got to realize, we could trade Duncan to the Mavs for Dampier, Devean George, and a couple of sixers of Natty Light and TPark would still defend our front office.

T Park
He has a out clause in 2010, who'd to say never?

Who knows, maybe he doesn't, trading his rights in a package with players, future picks, money isn't going to mean shit.

That was my point.

Why would he take a pay cut to come to the NBA?

T Park
06-06-2008, 12:09 AM
You've got to realize, we could trade Duncan to the Mavs for Dampier, Devean George, and a couple of sixers of Natty Light and TPark would still defend our front office.

Pop could win 5 rings in a row and you'd still bitch that the 6th was never gotten.

Aggie Hoopsfan
Timvp and everyone else who has told you the stories about the Josh Howard draft and what not must be "as dense" as well.

So you don't think after the Josh Howard incident that Pop got more involved?

You honestly don't believe that the head coach of a team gives his GM any input on the types of players he wants on his team?

Tilt-a-whirl...

tp2021
Spurs will probably hold onto him. It'd be difficult to give him away at this point and he doesn't cost anything. If he doesn't make the jump in 2010, the Spurs will renounce his rights if they are going to follow through with the 2010 plan and try to open up caproom.

well, fuck. would there possibly be an increased interest in him once he nears the year of his buyout option or the end of his contract? it sucks that he wont be helping us, but what sucks even more is that he is actually hurting us by not coming over.

easjer

Well, yes and no. At this point last year, I was comfortable with the Spurs standing pat and bringing over Ian to develop.

It was a risk, and ultimately, it didn't pay off, but I don't think it was necessarily the wrong move. Has injuries not occurred when they did, they would have been playing tonight - I really believe that.

Had LA not gotten Gasol, the West would have been the same old story, with a twist of NO. At that point, there was no reason to change.

On the other hand, having some new blood to train up would have been nice. Marcus Williams or DWash panning out would have been desirable (or not wasting time or money on them otherwise).

SequSpur
06-06-2008, 12:10 AM
Sorry but Splitter never "promised" he was coming to the NBA this summer. He might have said he planned on it, hoped to, wanted to, or whatever. But he didn't ever promise anything.

Things change all the time. He has family concerns. He's guaranteed playing time there. Lots more money. House/cars paid for. He's comfortable there. He knows what to expect for the coaches/organization/environment. There was a lot working against the Spurs. And I'm not sure they went there and tried to sell him either ... the Spurs don't beg people to play for them and maybe that's what it would take to convince him he was wanted/needed. If I was Splitter, I probably wouldn't come either.

So basically you're saying the Spurs organization is overrated, blowing smoke and full of shit.

Just as I thought.

They raise ticket prices, they fuck over the gas guzzling, poor ass, broke dick taxpayers by raising taxes for an arena upgrade, and now they can't draw a foreign basketball player x 2. (Scola)

Nice.

Buddy Holly
06-06-2008, 12:10 AM
Why would he take a pay cut to come to the NBA?

Again, if he's never coming over, nothing can come of trading his rights to a team that is gullible.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-06-2008, 12:11 AM
Always easy to play armchair quarterback

Hey, I gave them the benefit of the doubt. We have been a successful team so you can only blame them so much.
Read the tone, and you'll see I'm just trying to be an objective fan.

Has the Scola and NOW Splitter debacle NOT been a cause of International conflicts between expected salaries vs. salaries over there in Europe. Having a european agent and then an american one?? Getting two sides of the information. They're both serving their own interests.
TAU probably fed Splitter information about how "Pop will never let you play, your first year..." "You can make 8 times more here, U.S. has nothing to offer much" this and that. Come on man. I'm not calling into question not about the cause of our fuck ups. I'm just pissed about the results. The international drafting is biting us in the ass now.

We all have minds, you don't have to be an expert to read from the information reported from the news. You can be corrected for sure, but it's pretty fucking obvious Scola was a drafting failure, and now Splitter is our second one.

Buddy Holly
06-06-2008, 12:12 AM
So basically you're saying the Spurs organization is overrated, blowing smoke and full of shit.

Just as I thought.

They raise ticket prices, they fuck over the gas guzzling, poor ass, broke dick taxpayers by raising taxes for an arena upgrade, and now they can't draw a foreign basketball player x 2. (Scola)

Nice.

Aside from that description probably describing you to the T, except you forgot the "short as fuck, ugly as shit" part, the Spurs didn't raise any taxes you retard.

The citizens voted to extend the use of a tax already in play not raise it.

T Park
06-06-2008, 12:12 AM
Hey, I gave them the benefit of the doubt. We have been a successful team so you can only blame them so much.
Read the tone, and you'll see I'm just trying to be an objective fan.

Has the Scola and NOW Splitter debacle NOT been a cause of International conflicts between expected salaries vs. salaries over there in Europe. Having a european agent and then an american one?? Getting two sides of the information. They're both serving their own interests.
TAU probably fed Splitter information about how "Pop will never let you play, your first year..." "You can make 8 times more here, U.S. has nothing to offer much" this and that. Come on man. I'm not calling into question not about the cause of our fuck ups. I'm just pissed about the results. The international drafting is biting us in the ass now.

We all have minds, you don't have to be an expert to read from the information reported from the news. You can be corrected for sure, but it's pretty fucking obvious Scola was a drafting failure, and now Splitter is our second one.

Scola was a luxury tax casualty.

The Spurs believed Splitter was coming over.

Nothing more you can say about it.

Mr. Body
06-06-2008, 12:13 AM

Just as I thought.

Nice.

Overreacting or not, they sold off part of this past year in preparation for a lineup they expected next year. That is, they gave up Scola for shekels because they fully expected Splitter to come in. It was a wreck from the start of it.

If we had Scola, we might have found scoring during the horrid droughts in the playoffs. Might have gotten Odom or Gasol in foul trouble...

We don't repeat because we keep making colossally boneheaded personnel decisions (or indecisions). It's not the players' fault; it's been Buford all this time. (Send him out fishing on the lake.)

ducks

Just as I thought.

Nice.

spurs give players the honest answer
that is not overrated

SequSpur
I'm so tired of drafting foreigners that are either soft, shitty or show up every 4th game.

Retool.

Kori Ellis

Just as I thought.

Nice.

No, I'm saying that if someone offered you to stay where you are and flourish, or one-eighth the salary to go half way round the world and no commitment to you, that you'd probably stay where you are and have Lorie make you another pie.

timvp
Pop didn't have anything to do with Splitter :lol

RC scouted him. RC talked to him before the draft. RC worked him out before the draft. RC basically told Pop this is our Plan B in the draft and Pop watched some tape and said okay. Pop doesn't have time to win a championship and then turn around and immerse himself in the draft with like a week to prepare. Seriously, WTF? Pop couldn't have known anything about Splitter if he wanted to with that short turnaround time.

Splitter was 100% RC and RC once again fvcked it up. At least with the Scola fvckup the Spurs were able to make Peter Holt some money. This time the Spurs don't get anything other than laughed at by the rest of the basketball world ... especially Tau.

T Park

Just as I thought.

Nice.

The taxpayers of bexar county don't pay the tax for the arena upgrade, that won't even be done until 2011.

ChumpDumper
06-06-2008, 12:14 AM
Cool -- more minutes for Rod Benson

:downspin:

T Park
Pop didn't have anything to do with Splitter :lol

RC scouted him. RC talked to him before the draft. RC worked him out before the draft. RC basically told Pop this is our Plan B in the draft and Pop watched some tape and said okay. Pop doesn't have time to win a championship and then turn around and immerse himself in the draft with like a week to prepare. Seriously, WTF? Pop couldn't have known anything about Splitter if he wanted to with that short turnaround time.

Splitter was 100% RC and RC once again fvcked it up. At least with the Scola fvckup the Spurs were able to make Peter Holt some money. This time the Spurs don't get anything other than laughed at by the rest of the basketball world ... especially Tau.

Its either RC, or Dennis Lindsey.

Pick your poison :lol

SequSpur
Aside from that description probably describing you to the T, except you forgot the "short as fuck, ugly as shit" part, the Spurs didn't raise any taxes you retard.

The citizens voted to extend the use of a tax already in play not raise it.

whatever fast and furious.

same shit different day.

T Park
06-06-2008, 12:15 AM
I have no clue what I'm talking about.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-06-2008, 12:15 AM

Pop could win 5 rings in a row and you'd still bitch that the 6th was never gotten.

I actually have given Pop his due after both rings 3 and 4.

You, on the other hand, still think his and the front office's shit doesn't stink.

Meanwhile, here's RC and Pop's handiwork since 1999:

Worked out:

Manu
Tony

Nothing to show for it/Spurs got boned over:

Carrawell (2000)
Bryan Bracey (2001)
Javtokas (2001)
Salmons (2002) - rotation player for Sacramento
Scola (2002) - stud given to Houston for shit
Randy Holcomb (2002) - where is he now
Barbosa (2003) - traded to Phoenix for jack and shit
Udrih (2004) - walked, rotation player for Sacto now
Romain Sato (2004)
Karaulov (2004)
2005 - Ian - TBD
2006 - Damir Markota
2007 - Tiago :lol
2007 - Marcus Williams
2007 - Girgos Printezis

I'm even having a hard time coming up with a team that has done such a shitty job the last 8 years with draft picks (Manu and Tony don't make up for all the other fuckups).

2centsworth
06-06-2008, 12:16 AM
Scola wasn't a drafting failure. I blame our cheap owner more on that one.

T Park
06-06-2008, 12:16 AM

You, on the other hand, still think his and the front office's shit doesn't stink.

Worked out:

Manu
Tony

Carrawell (2000)
Bryan Bracey (2001)
Javtokas (2001)
Romain Sato (2004)
Karaulov (2004)
2005 - Ian - TBD
2006 - Damir Markota
2007 - Marcus Williams
2007 - Girgos Printezis

I'm even having a hard time coming up with a team that has done such a shitty job the last 8 years with draft picks (Manu and Tony don't make up for all the other fuckups).

I wanted Presti to stay and RC to go.

Keep with the head in your ass though.

Kori Ellis
06-06-2008, 12:17 AM

They chose to give Scola's money to Bonner. So that wasn't a cheap move - just maybe not bright.

tp2021
is the story official this time? nobody has made clear yet whether it is or not.

T Park

Cool.

Find an owner in SA that will keep the team here and pay over 20 million in luxury tax, while the only team that does it outside of New York is.....?

Aggie Hoopsfan

Yeah you can, two summers in a row of monumental fuckups.

Buddy Holly
06-06-2008, 12:18 AM
whatever fast and furious.

same shit different day.

Oh shit, you reference the past as a way to insult (I guess). Ballsy of you.

So instead of actually admit your dwarf ass was incorrect you'd just rather post that. Cool.

Borosai
06-06-2008, 12:18 AM
Oh well, I guess he didn't like the Coyote costume.

Mr. Body
06-06-2008, 12:19 AM
They chose to give Scola's money to Bonner. So that wasn't a cheap move - just maybe not bright.

Jesus! Bonner! Who thought to sign a taller David Crotty for 3x what he was worth?

T Park

Worked out:

Manu
Tony

Carrawell (2000)
Bryan Bracey (2001)
Javtokas (2001)
Salmons (2002) - rotation player for Sacramento Traded for Speedy Claxton wich helped win a ring. Horrible move obviously.
Barbosa (2003) - traded to Phoenix for jack and shitA choking stiff in the playoffs who plays decently due to the offense he was in. Great example :tu
Played well when motivated and not under the gun.
Romain Sato (2004) Lance Blanks's fault
Karaulov (2004) Presti's choice here.
2005 - Ian - TBD
2006 - Damir Markota
2007 - Marcus Williams
2007 - Girgos Printezis

Aggie Hoopsfan
Cool.

Find an owner in SA that will keep the team here and pay over 20 million in luxury tax, while the only team that does it outside of New York is.....?

Scola wouldn't have cost the Spurs $20 million. Do yourself a favor and buy a calculator.

For crying out loud, he cost like $300K more than Bonner :rollin

T Park
06-06-2008, 12:20 AM
Jesus! Bonner! Who thought to sign a taller David Crotty for 3x what he was worth?

Uh, John Crotty?

timvp
Carrawell (2000)
Bryan Bracey (2001)
Javtokas (2001)
Salmons (2002) - rotation player for Sacramento <-- Traded for Claxton = Good trade
Randy Holcomb (2002) - where is he now <--Traded with Salmons for Claxton
Barbosa (2003) - traded to Phoenix for jack and shit <-- Actually that trade landed ya boy Baby Hakeem eventually
Romain Sato (2004)
Karaulov (2004)
2005 - Ian - TBD
2006 - Damir Markota <-- traded for what became Marcus Williams
2007 - Marcus Williams
2007 - Girgos Printezis <-- traded for the 45th pick this yearPlus don't forget Sanikidze. Overall it was below average but not horrible. A lot of those picks were second rounders.

But yeah, even one or two more draft steals would have been real nice.

T Park
Scola wouldn't have cost the Spurs $20 million. Do yourself a favor and buy a calculator.

Sorry that you can't figure out the Lux tax, whatever.

milkyway21
06-06-2008, 12:21 AM
FUCK YOU TAU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

first scola! now splitter!

maybe they are fans of the LA Lakers?

or somebody is a relative of David Stern? :D

Aggie Hoopsfan
I [heart] the Spurs front office, no matter how shitty a job they do in the draft

T Park
Plus don't forget Sanikidze. Overall it was below average but not horrible. A lot of those picks were second rounders.

If Sanikidze comes over and does decently, not saying that will happen, will the FO becoming good again? :lol

Aggie Hoopsfan

Sorry that you can't figure out the Lux tax, whatever.

Apparently neither can you.

How does $300K above what we paid Bonner this past season turn into $20 million.

Show me your math, carny.

T Park
06-06-2008, 12:22 AM
Pretty much what I typed, is what TIMVP typed, wanna respond to that?

SequSpur
Oh shit, you reference the past as a way to insult (I guess). Ballsy of you.

So instead of actually admit your dwarf ass was incorrect you'd just rather post that. Cool.

When you tax something that increases every fucking day, then basically the tax is going up also. If your young dumb ass realized the reality of this kind've of shit, you might be able to survive at 30 years old in America.

Taxes need to go away and the bullshit like building shit for sports teams needs to stop.

same shit different day...

T Park
Apparently neither can you.

How does $300K above what we paid Bonner this past season turn into $20 million.

Show me your math, carny.

Use the search function.

Nice use of the insults though, but your just "joking" :lol

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz

Yeah, in other words. international drafting has become UNRELIABLE.

Aggie Hoopsfan
Plus don't forget Sanikidze. Overall it was below average but not horrible. A lot of those picks were second rounders.

Yeah, I was going to type something out about Sanikidze, I'm quietly optimistic about him.

Still, who wouldn't take drafts the last six years half as good as what Dumars or Isiah have done...

bigdog
06-06-2008, 12:23 AM
Great news. I hated Splitter from the start.

As I was watching the draft, I seriously said "I hope they don't take Spl....."

(David Stern interrupts me)- "With the 28th pick in the 2007 NBA Draft, the San Antonio Spurs select Tiago Splitter".

I threw a fit, couldn't believe it (yet I could believe it because we always waste picks on international no-shows), and now I'm happy.

Buddy Holly
Imagine though, had the Spurs drafted Josh Howard and instead of "Malik Rosing" Matt Bonner had kept Scola. We'd have a pretty solid line up with no real need to go young like we do now.

T Park
When you tax something that increases every fucking day, then basically the tax is going up also. If your young dumb ass realized the reality of this kind've of shit, you might be able to survive at 30 years old in America.

Taxes need to go away and the bullshit like building shit for sports teams needs to stop.

Your so far off, you need to stop now....

milkyway21
hey we are friends with Cleveland, maybe we can talk about LeBron playing alonside Duncan?

we will give them... wait a minute, we have nothing to bargain for :oops

2centsworth

Worked out:

Manu
Tony

Carrawell (2000)
Bryan Bracey (2001)
Javtokas (2001)
Romain Sato (2004)
Karaulov (2004)
2005 - Ian - TBD
2006 - Damir Markota
2007 - Marcus Williams
2007 - Girgos Printezis

Tony and Manu have been able cover up how bad RC really is.

Kori Ellis
06-06-2008, 12:24 AM
timvp hated when they drafted Splitter, so I don't know why he's mad now :lol

ducks
06-06-2008, 12:24 AM
hey we are friends with Cleveland, maybe we can talk about LeBron playing alonside Duncan?

we will give them... wait a minute, we have nothing to bargain for :oops

james is worth splitter:downspin:

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-06-2008, 12:25 AM
Use the search function.

Nice use of the insults though, but your just "joking" :lol

Fuck the search function.

The lux tax was roughly $68 million this year. The Spurs are on the hook for about 2 million.

Explain to me how an additional $300K for Scola turns 2 million into 20 million.

Are you using compounding interest over the next 30 years or some stupid shit?

Kori Ellis
Imagine though, had the Spurs drafted Josh Howard .

If the Spurs drafted JHo, he would have been dumb enough to talk about weed to the press and the Spurs would have waived him. :lol

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz

If only Spurs were still playing, this thread would have been in the back on page 3.

T Park
Thanks for letting me hang out in the wind on that one TIMVP :lol

timvp
timvp hated when they drafted Splitter, so I don't know why he's mad now :lolNot mad. By his interviews, I was pretty damn sure he was gone.

Splitter was a boring pick and property of Tau. Bad combination to get excited on draft night :lol

T Park
06-06-2008, 12:26 AM
Fuck the search function.

Then STFU.

Buddy Holly

No retard. The tax percentage stays the same. What's 1/4 of a penny today is 1/4 of a penny next year and the following year.

Because it makes little people like you so angry?

Is that what your mother said the day she gave birth to you? You can stop repeating it now.

ducks
If the Spurs drafted JHo, he would have been dumb enough to talk about weed to the press and the Spurs would have waived him. :lol

IF SPURS LANDED HOWARD MANU WOULD BE A NUGGET
WOULD YOU LIKE THAT

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-06-2008, 12:27 AM

Still waiting, Tpark.

Buddy Holly

He talked about that stuff because the Dallas circus media is fucking stupid enough to go into that topic with him.

Aggie Hoopsfan
Then STFU.

No, you tell me how $2 million in luxury tax penalty + $300K (times 2) = $20 million.

Quit being such a dick and answer the question.

timvp
Thanks for letting me hang out in the wind on that one TIMVP :lolAbout what? Scola costing the Spurs more than Bonner? Yeah he would have but I forgot the math.

T Park
06-06-2008, 12:28 AM
About what? Scola costing the Spurs more than Bonner? Yeah he would have but I forgot the math.

No the whole draft thing....

ducks
Still waiting, Tpark.

he is waiting for you to use the search function
can you find it?

T Park
No, you tell me how $2 million in luxury tax penalty + $300K (times 2) = $20 million.

Quit being such a dick and answer the question.

Uh, Im not the one insulting...

SequSpur
06-06-2008, 12:29 AM
Your so far off, you need to stop now....

how am I off? Gas goes up, taxes goes up. Cost of goods goes up, taxes go up.

If you could count to fucking 10, you might see that a larger amount of your income is going to taxes. Everybody is winning but you.

:flag:

ShoogarBear

Because the Spurs didn't get anything out of it. I wasn't especially sold on Splitter, but he has to have been better than a completely wasted pick.

This is Scola II in its ultimate effect. Actually I guess it would be worse if somehow he ends up on the Mavs in a couple of years. But give RC time.

ducks
josh howard is not a good player right now
the great aj ruined him
also josh does not want the ball in 4 I wanted him 2 or 3 years ago BUT NOT NOW

T Park
06-06-2008, 12:30 AM

If you could count to fucking 10, you might see that a larger amount of your income is going to taxes. Everybody is winning but you.

The tax is on hotel motel and rental car.

Nothing to do with gas Sequ.

Aggie Hoopsfan
he is waiting for you to use the search function
can you find it?

So what am I supposed to search for?

'Luxury tax penalties with exponentially compounding interest'?

Seriously. Someone explain how the extra $300K over what we paid Matt Bonner turns into $20 million in luxury tax penalties for the Spurs.

Aggie Hoopsfan
Uh, Im not the one insulting...

Doing a hell of a job dodging having to explain your 'facts' though.

T Park
06-06-2008, 12:31 AM
Doing a hell of a job dodging having to explain your 'facts' though.

Search Scola, Lux tax.

Chumps already explained it 50 times.

Search function.

SequSpur
06-06-2008, 12:32 AM
tpark and buddy holly are typical Americans with their heads up their asses and can't find a fucking light.

blind ass mofos, please tell you don't vote, cuz you have no got damn clue.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-06-2008, 12:32 AM
Because the Spurs didn't get anything out of it. I wasn't especially sold on Splitter, but he has to have been better than a completely wasted pick.
Seriously,
Splitter and Scola >> nothing

This is Scola II in its ultimate effect. Actually I guess it would be worse if somehow he ends up on the Mavs in a couple of years. But give RC time.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-06-2008, 12:33 AM
Search Scola, Lux tax.

Search function.

Or, howabout you tell me/link it.

I'm not reading the 60 page Scola thread to see the fuzzy math.

2centsworth
Search Scola, Lux tax.

Search function.

just explain it for the guy since you've seen it 50 times.

Kori Ellis
Search Scola, Lux tax.

Search function.

Chump has explained that Scola would have cost $20 million more than Bonner? What the hell!

SequSpur
:lmao

you all are arguing about Scola? Fuck... you all Bonner and Malik Rose... :lmao

Shit, you guys kill me..

Buddy Holly

First off munchkin, the tax is on hotels/motels and rental cars. Second, you stated the Spurs had people raise taxes, well, no they didn't. People on their own decided to vote yes on the tax. Third, it wasn't to raise the tax, just extend the same tax in use.

How hard is that to understand?

T Park
06-06-2008, 12:34 AM
I still have no clue what I'm talking about.

Bruno
I've a hard time blaming Spurs FO this failure. It' all on Splitter.

Splitter asked NBA team to draft him last year, he made some interview with them before the draft and told that he can go in NBA in 2009. When you do that and if you respect a little NBA franchises, you come in NBA in 2009. Draft picks are an investment for NBA teams and if you ask them to invest on you, you had to stick to your words.

F*** you Splitter.

Aggie Hoopsfan
just explain it for the guy since you've seen it 50 times.

He can't, because he's full of shit.

T Park
Chump has explained that Scola would have cost $20 million more than Bonner? What the hell!

not more.

He explained though the luxury tax hit with Scola though.

T Park
He can't, because he's full of shit.

Charming.

ShoogarBear

I always knew Chump was a dummy.

Kori Ellis
06-06-2008, 12:35 AM
Bonner made less than $250K less than Scola this season.

Buddy Holly
tpark and buddy holly are typical Americans with their heads up their asses and can't find a fucking light.

blind ass mofos, please tell you don't vote, cuz you have no got damn clue.

Well, I can vote because I am taller than the line at the door.

I'm also smart enough to know that an extension isn't the same as a raise.

timvp
So what am I supposed to search for?

'Luxury tax penalties with exponentially compounding interest'?

Seriously. Someone explain how the extra $300K over what we paid Matt Bonner turns into $20 million in luxury tax penalties for the Spurs.It wasn't $20 million but the difference between Bonner and Scola wasn't just $300K. You also have to add in the money they saved dumping Butler and the cash the Rockets through in.

You'd have to ask one of the Pro Scola Trade posters such as ChumpDumper, whottt or Bruno for specifics. Or search.

I forgot.

SequSpur
First off munchkin, the tax is on hotels/motels and rental cars. Second, you stated the Spurs had people raise taxes, well, no they didn't. People on their own decided to vote yes on the tax. Third, it wasn't to raise the tax, just extend the same tax in use.

How hard is that to understand?

When you wake up tomorrow, you're dumb ass will be paying more taxes.

same shit different day...typical

bigdog

He can't be better than a wasted pick, because he IS one.

Aggie Hoopsfan

But but but that would have made the Spurs pay $20 million in luxury tax fines.

$2 milliion + $300K x 2 = $20 million. [/Tpark]

Russ
06-06-2008, 12:36 AM
Wouldn't it add fuel to the fire if someone found out the NBA was subsidizing part of the Tau contract? :lol :lol :lol

Anyway, the Spurs can't afford to blow any more draft picks on players who don't ever sign with the team.:( :(

ShoogarBear
Shit, you guys kill me..

Dammit, who told him about the plan?

T Park
It wasn't $20 million but the difference between Bonner and Scola wasn't just $300K. You also have to add in the money they saved dumping Butler and the cash the Rockets through in.

You'd have to ask one of the Pro Scola Trade posters such as ChumpDumper, whottt or Bruno for specifics. Or search.

I forgot.

I was also very against that trade from the beginning as well.

I just got over it quicker than alot of other people apparently.

Buddy Holly

How? Did they pass more taxes while I slept?

Seriously, move out of that meth lab you call a home, that shit is fucking up your brain.

Kori Ellis
06-06-2008, 12:37 AM
not more.

He explained though the luxury tax hit with Scola though.

Well, I think the Spurs will probably pay about $2 million in luxury tax now. And they would have probably paid an extra $250K with Scola instead of Bonner this year. There's no $20 million.

T Park

:wtf

SequSpur

Bonner is a waste of a dollar.

The Spurs aren't making any money now.

tmtcsc
:lol His name is Splitter and he Split.....Fuck'em. Moving along.

Ian isn't the answer to our problems either. As for drafting American...WTF is Marcus Williams worth right about now ? Not a whole lot. At least we had a chance with a talented 7 footer. No risk, no reward.

That being said, we need some help through the draft or free agency. Let's go raid Golden State's free agents.

T Park
06-06-2008, 12:38 AM
Well, I think the Spurs will probably pay about $2 million in luxury tax now. And they would have probably paid an extra $250K with Scola instead of Bonner this year. There's no $20 million.

Its whatever hit that Chump explained.

T Park
But but but that would have made the Spurs pay $20 million in luxury tax fines.

$2 milliion + $300K x 2 = $20 million. [/Tpark]

You're really hung up on it aren't you?

timvp
I've a hard time blaming Spurs FO this failure. It' all on Splitter.

Splitter asked NBA team to draft him last year, he made some interview with them before the draft and told that he can go in NBA in 2009. When you do that and if you respect a little NBA franchises, you come in NBA in 2009. Draft picks are an investment for NBA teams and if you ask them to invest on you, you had to stick to your words.

F*** you Splitter.Yeah, it's not like a situation where the Spurs picked Splitter against his will. He specifically was saying he had only one more year in Spain and then would pay his buyout and come to the NBA.

The NBA is a multi-billion dollar industry. If you are going to say something, it's wrong to go back on your word. There were some difficult circumstances but nothing that should have made Splitter go from "I just have to get through my last year" to signing a four year extension.

I blame RC for falling for it and I blame Splitter for not being honest ... or not thinking through his decision. Splitter basically took $3M out of the Spurs pockets by having a change of heart.

dastrey
06-06-2008, 12:39 AM
Nothing in life is guaranteed. Can't say I blame him for taking the big money. If he gets bored of winning in Europe he can come over in 2010.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-06-2008, 12:40 AM
Its whatever hit that Chump explained.

If we wouldn't have re-signed Bonner the hit would have been a couple hundred K at most.

Even keeping Butler and Bonner around and signing Scola for what he signed with Houston for, our lux tax penalty would have been maybe $5 million tops.

Still a far cry from your $20 million dollar tax hit.

SequSpur
06-06-2008, 12:40 AM
How? Did they pass more taxes while I slept?

Seriously, move out of that meth lab you call a home, that shit is fucking up your brain.

Are you still living off your Mom's Allowance or what? Figure it out.

It has nothing to do with percentage, but the economy. It's the same got damn thing.

Every day you will be paying more taxes than yesterday. It's the Bush way, it's the government's way.

It's the Man's Way.

T Park
06-06-2008, 12:41 AM
If we wouldn't have re-signed Bonner the hit would have been a couple hundred K at most.

Even keeping Butler and Bonner around and signing Scola for what he signed with Houston for, our lux tax penalty would have been maybe $5 million tops.

Search function.

Aggie Hoopsfan
You're really hung up on it aren't you?

When you're lamely attempting to deflect blame from the front office by saying that there was no way they could have kept Scola because he would have cost $20 million, yeah, I'm going to call your ass on it.

Kori Ellis
Yeah, it's not like a situation where the Spurs picked Splitter against his will. He specifically was saying he had only one more year in Spain and then would pay his buyout and come to the NBA.

The NBA is a multi-billion dollar industry. If you are going to say something, it's wrong to go back on your word. There were some difficult circumstances but nothing that should have made Splitter go from "I just have to get through my last year" to signing a four year extension.

I blame RC for falling for it and I blame Splitter for not being honest ... or not thinking through his decision. Splitter basically took $3M out of the Spurs pockets by having a change of heart.

It doesn't matter if he said his intention was to come to the NBA. I believe it WAS his intention.

He didn't guarantee anything. He didn't sign anything.

When the time came, Splitter just weighed his options and didn't pick the Spurs.

I'm not sure how many people would have picked a job half way around the world for 1/8th the money, out of your comfort zone and away from your family.

timvp
Flashback to last year:

Spurs nab post from Brazil in first round

Mike Monroe
Express-news

Maintaining the successful pattern they have established during their run to four NBA championships since 1999, the Spurs on Thursday selected a talented international player who won’t join the team for at least one more season.

The Spurs made Tiago Splitter, a 6-foot-11, 232-pound post man from Brazil who has played professionally for seven seasons, the 28th selection of the first round of the 2007 NBA draft.

Because Splitter’s contract with Tau Cerámica, of the Spanish professional league, includes a hefty buyout clause for the coming season, he won’t be available for the Spurs this season. His contractual impediment, combined with the Spurs’ established willingness to wait for drafted players with international commitments, helped to make Splitter available when the Spurs made their selection.

"He’s a good, talented kid who is 6-11 and plays hard and is fundamentally sound," said Spurs general manger R.C. Buford. "You don’t often have the opportunity to get size like that that has played at a very, very high level all his life and had success."

Splitter, 22, has played since 2003 for Tau Cerámica, the same team for which Luis Scola plays. Scola is the Argentine forward the Spurs drafted in the second round in 2002, but who has not been able to get out of his contract with the Spanish team.

"Splitter’s contract is more defined," Buford said. "There shouldn’t be a problem a year from now. :shootme

"That had a definite impact on him being available for us this year. That, and the fact there were no freshman-eligible draft candidates a year ago, pushed more players into the draft this year and maybe pushed some selections back that wouldn’t have been there before."

The Spurs made Marcus Williams, a 6-foot-7 small forward from the University of Arizona, the first of their two selections in the second round, 33rd overall.

Just as they have done each of the past two drafts, the Spurs selected a player in the second round who was not listed in the NBA’s official draft media guide, a 224-page book that included biographical information on 124 other players.

The mystery pick this time was Giorgos Printezis, a forward from Greece who was traded almost as quickly as he was selected. The Spurs sent his draft rights to Toronto for a 2008 second-round pick.

Because Splitter won’t join the Spurs next season, this marks the seventh time since the Spurs won their first NBA title, in 1999, they did not enter the following season with a first-round pick on their roster. The last first-rounder to make the roster was Beno Udrih, the 28th pick in the 2004 draft. Tony Parker, the 28th pick in the 2001 draft, is the only other first-rounder picked by the Spurs to have played for the Spurs since 1999.

"I don’t know that anybody was going to help us next year," Buford said. "We were hoping to find young talent to be able to help us after this team transitions. Hopefully, it continues winning and transitions to another group that competes, and Splitter gives us that opportunity.

"There were some players we were interested in that might have been on the roster sooner that were also considered. It wasn’t a situation where we were just going to take a player and leave him over there. He was No. 2 on our draft board of the picks that were realistic for us, so we were excited to get him."

Splitter has intrigued NBA scouts since first submitting his name as draft-eligible in 2004, when he first showed up at the NBA’s predraft camp in Chicago. However, he withdrew his name then, and again in 2005 and 2006. Many NBA player personnel decision makers had him projected as a lottery pick in 2005 and 2006 before he withdrew his name.

Splitter averaged 11.2 points per game, on 61.3 percent shooting, in 28 games last season with Tau Cerámica in the Spanish League and 10.7 points per game, on 58 percent shooting, and 6.0 rebounds in 20 games with Tau Cerámica in Euroleague competition.

A member of the Brazilian National Team, Splitter was the youngest player in the 2002 FIBA World Championships in Indianapolis, playing at age 17.

The Spurs’ past four first-round selections have been international players: Brazilian Leandro Barbosa (2003, traded to Phoenix), Slovenian Beno Udrih (2004), Frenchman Ian Mahinmi (2005) and Splitter. The Spurs did not have a first-round pick last year, having traded it to the New York Knicks in the deal that brought center Nazr Mohammed to the club.

Williams, the 33rd pick of the draft, averaged 16.6 points and 6.7 rebounds in 30 games for Arizona last season. A first-team All-Pac-10 selection as a sophomore, the 20-year-old Williams entered the draft after two seasons at Arizona. He made 49.4 percent of his shots last season despite making only 23 of 80 3-point shots.

"Marcus is an athletic wing we think can be a good defender," Buford said. "He came in very highly recruited. He was one of their best players and has a lot of potential. This draft, being deeper, allowed for a person of Marcus’ talent to be available in the second round, and that’s not often the case." :shootme

T Park

It has nothing to do with percentage, but the economy. It's the same got damn thing.

Every day you will be paying more taxes than yesterday. It's the Bush way, it's the government's way.

It's the Man's Way.

What the fuck are you babbling about?

milkyway21
james is worth splitter:downspin::lol

I was just trying to calm things down before there's another meltdown here

seriously,

I think Ian is happy a little bit right now.
Let's just hope the Spurs sign him and add an another big man from the league who can CONTRIBUTE IMMEDIATELY.

hmmn, some team might be thinking we will do another "Scola trading" again, we will let Splitter go that easy like we did w/ Houston again someday:p:

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-06-2008, 12:42 AM
Search function.

Fuck search, either point me to the appropriate post or stfu and admit your wrong.

I just did the math right here in this thread.

SequSpur

but....

if scola would've contributed and let's say the Spurs beat the Lakers, then the Spurs would've made alot more money.

they traded scola for nothing, signed bonner, lost and now are still paying for bonner.

T Park
Flashback to last year:

In his defense, he had semi commitments and his contract was over.

The only thing he fell for was Splitter saying he wanted to play in the NBA.

Thats all.

T Park
06-06-2008, 12:43 AM
Fuck search, either point me to the appropriate post or stfu and admit your wrong.

I just did the math right here in this thread.

Whatever.

Chump and Bruno only explained it a million times, not my fault your a jerk and want to continue to insult me instead.

Big P
06-06-2008, 12:43 AM
:lol His name is Splitter and he Split.....Fuck'em. Moving along.

Ian isn't the answer to our problems either. As for drafting American...WTF is Marcus Williams worth right about now ? Not a whole lot. At least we had a chance with a talented 7 footer. No risk, no reward.

That being said, we need some help through the draft or free agency. Let's go raid Golden State's free agents.

No need to be harsh on Mahinimi..IMO he looks very promising...remember that he is the only recent Euro to stick to his word & actually sign his first round contract plus he has done everything the Spurs have asked and more...its well known that he has been a gym rat whether it be with the Toro's or the Spurs. I'm pretty pissed about this whole Splitter thing too, but we should be encouraging Mahinmi, not dragging him into Scola part Deux

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-06-2008, 12:44 AM
but....

if scola would've contributed and let's say the Spurs beat the Lakers, then the Spurs would've made alot more money.

they traded scola for nothing, signed bonner, lost and now are still paying for bonner.

Yeah, but paying that extra 5 million in luxury tax means Holt would have only made about $16 million off the Spurs this year instead of $21 million.

Can't have that...

Admidave50
F*** Tiago for staying at Tau while he has nothing to prove, going to the NBA is clearly not his dream or he would have been in the league a long time ago!

Does Brazil broadcast NBA games?

Buddy Holly

It's the Man's Way.

Goddamn you Hobbits are hard-fucking-headed. Did you clearly state that the Spurs had people raise taxes? Yes, yes you did. The fact that you can't process the difference between raising and extending is mind boggling.

Even worse is that I think your entire shit of an argument is based on the price increase of the product[s] when that is totally separate from the tax percentage.

Yes, same shit different day, when dealing with SequTheHobbit.

sprrs
I hope if we draft a big man he starts immediately and gets a huge contract once his rookie deal ends.

T Park
06-06-2008, 12:45 AM
When you're lamely attempting to deflect blame from the front office by saying that there was no way they could have kept Scola because he would have cost $20 million, yeah, I'm going to call your ass on it.

GOOD FOR YOU!!!!!

Tough guy!!

I also called the trade at the time stupid, wanna call me out on that one too?

Or are you gonna conveniently miss that, like when I shot down your "fucked up" draft moves that you put up.

T Park
06-06-2008, 12:45 AM
Yeah, but paying that extra 5 million in luxury tax means Holt would have only made about $16 million off the Spurs this year instead of $21 million.

Can't have that...

Wanna point me to the thread or link that says he made that much?