PDA

View Full Version : Memo to the Homers:

SequSpur
06-06-2008, 12:17 AM
Splitter wasn't the savior, so please STFU and move onto something else.

His bs videos didn't impress me. He plays against shitty talent and basically has the same skills as Rasho, but at least Rasho had NBA experience..

Retool this motha.

jaffies
06-06-2008, 12:34 AM
His bs videos didn't impress me. He plays against shitty talent and basically has the same skills as Rasho, but at least Rasho had NBA experience.

+1

:clap

underdawg
06-06-2008, 12:41 AM
lil bit - you actually have this one right. There was no guarantee that Splitter was going to be the stud everyone hoped he would be. That said, we wasted a first round pick on a player that doesn't want to play for the Spurs and that sucks. The silver lining in this (and some people have acknowleged it) is that Ian will be brought along sooner than planned. Unless I'm missing something, Ian has much more that we need than any Euro player will bring. He's got the athleticism that Splitter doesn't have. I'm only judging this from the tons of videos that we've seen. Oberto would do very well in the Euro leauges, but like Scola he's an average role player that when it comes down to it is outmatched by the more athletic NBA players. Scola has a good mid range shot, but he's lost on defense. We need players that can score and provide length inside to defend the athletic players that we're facing. Scola, Splitter or whoever meets that mold would not have helped us beat the fakers or the Celtics. We are a defensive team, but we need players that can do both.

ShoogarBear
06-06-2008, 12:43 AM
I thought this said "Manu to the Hornets" at first.

SequSpur
06-06-2008, 12:44 AM
Ian sucks.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-06-2008, 01:43 AM
Unless I'm missing something, Ian has much more that we need than any Euro player will bring. He's got the athleticism that Splitter doesn't have. I'm only judging this from the tons of videos that we've seen. Oberto would do very well in the Euro leauges, but like Scola he's an average role player that when it comes down to it is outmatched by the more athletic NBA players. :huh
I thought Ian did not develop much over there in Europe.
I always got the impression Ian was the lesser and most raw talent of the two other Euroleaguers (Scola, then Splitter). Hopefully Ian did a lot of maturing in D-league though. We need a smart athletic big to help Timmy out. So far we've had limited, yet smart bigs (Oberto, KT)

I don't know. I still think we need to get another good pick up in addition to Ian.

Lake_show
06-06-2008, 01:48 AM
Don't you wish you have Andrew Bynum? NYAR HAR HAR!

ChumpDumper
06-06-2008, 01:56 AM
Don't you?

TDMVPDPOY
06-06-2008, 01:57 AM
ian mahinmi is a fukn busts as far im concerned, unless he comes out lookin like drob

duncan228
06-06-2008, 01:57 AM
Don't you?

:lol

mrspurs
06-06-2008, 06:19 PM
i dont know...some players put on a nba jersey and play great ball....others put on a nba jersey and get scared....ian to this point seems tobe the later imo....but who knows...maybe a long summer of playing against nba style players for pretty much the whole day and night might help him......go spurs go

ATXSPUR
06-06-2008, 06:35 PM
Don't you?

Owned!! :lol

AFBlue
06-06-2008, 06:40 PM
lil bit - you actually have this one right. There was no guarantee that Splitter was going to be the stud everyone hoped he would be. That said, we wasted a first round pick on a player that doesn't want to play for the Spurs and that sucks. The silver lining in this (and some people have acknowleged it) is that Ian will be brought along sooner than planned. Unless I'm missing something, Ian has much more that we need than any Euro player will bring. He's got the athleticism that Splitter doesn't have. I'm only judging this from the tons of videos that we've seen. Oberto would do very well in the Euro leauges, but like Scola he's an average role player that when it comes down to it is outmatched by the more athletic NBA players. Scola has a good mid range shot, but he's lost on defense. We need players that can score and provide length inside to defend the athletic players that we're facing. Scola, Splitter or whoever meets that mold would not have helped us beat the fakers or the Celtics. We are a defensive team, but we need players that can do both.

The only one that should be excited about Ian Mahinmi being asked to contribute quicker than expected....is Ian Mahinmi.

There's no denying the athleticism and upside. But there's a far better chance that he isn't ready than that he is ready. Right now he gets most of his points off dunks and a power low-post game....which won't go too far with his 230lb frame in the NBA. He's also still a foul machine.

Not saying he won't contribute in some way next year, but having Splitter as a more reliable option was alot better prospect than not having him.

florige
06-06-2008, 10:34 PM
Don't you wish you have Andrew Bynum? NYAR HAR HAR!

I can't wait until this kid comes back and you jerks realize that this guy isn't the second coming....:rolleyes

Joe Schmoogins
06-06-2008, 10:42 PM
i dont know...some players put on a nba jersey and play great ball....others put on a nba jersey and get scared....ian to this point seems tobe the later imo....

how so? Ian actually put up great stats during the limited minutes he was in an NBA jersey.

Lake_show
06-06-2008, 11:06 PM
I can't wait until this kid comes back and you jerks realize that this guy isn't the second coming....:rolleyes

He averaged 17 and 12 the month before he got injured!

AFBlue
06-06-2008, 11:11 PM
He averaged 17 and 12 the month before he got injured!

He also wasn't in an offense with Pau Gasol. You can only get points so many ways, and sometimes having too many "go-to" guys can actually be a problem.

Not saying it won't work, but I would count on at least one, if not two of the starting 5 to lose some productivity. I also happen to think he will be one of those...

dbreiden83080
06-06-2008, 11:20 PM
Splitter wasn't the savior, so please STFU and move onto something else.

His bs videos didn't impress me. He plays against shitty talent and basically has the same skills as Rasho, but at least Rasho had NBA experience..

Retool this motha.

:toast :hat