PDA

View Full Version : Coaching Staff

tav1
06-06-2008, 08:00 AM
I have two coaching staff concerns.

The first is the possible loss of Mike Bud. Anyone know where this stands? They could be of greater magnitude than the loss of Splitter. I'm not sure Newman's acumen is enough for Pop to pull from if Bud leaves.

The second concern is offensive schemes. It might be helpful for Pop to have another voice on his staff that could bring a wrinkle or two to the Spurs offense--a quality assistant can make a big difference. The Celtics may not be in the Finals if this were not the case. Phil Weber?

So, if we lose Coach Bud, would it be wise to look outside for a replacement? I ask because Pop's inclination will be to promote from within.

mrspurs
06-06-2008, 10:12 AM
good thread....imo it was our staff that let our boys down, causing them to lose homecourt advantage while saying this yr the west was so good, homecourt wouldnt matter this yr.....that means pop can face the cameras, look into our eyes and flat out lie, or pop made a bad decision wasting games teaching guys who werent even gonna learn the system, when they already had proven championship backups (beno,elson) they gave us mighty slouch and a 6'9 center who cant guard anyone like he used to....none of the players dissappointed me, cos with age, comes slowing down.......the staff should be held accountable, we need someone fresh....someone who could tell pop....your wrong and not get put in the doghouse for saying it.....after our big 3 are gone....it will be nice to hang pops gloves up.....his mistakes are becoming to often....go spurs go

Ocotillo
06-06-2008, 11:06 AM
Go after a Houston assistant, just because.

tav1
06-06-2008, 11:07 AM
Neven Spahija?

Kibic
06-06-2008, 11:33 AM
Željko Obradović?
Maljković?
Sagadin?

ducks
06-06-2008, 11:40 AM
if porter does not get a gig
I would not mind him