PDA

View Full Version : Need Your Help...

Los Spurs
06-06-2008, 08:50 AM
I'm working on a school project and they have asked me to state some fun facts of all NBA Arenas...

Knowing that this Forum has fans from all teams, I figured this would be the best place to get some help with this.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

degenerate_gambler
06-06-2008, 09:09 AM
summer school..

tsk tsk..

Los Spurs
06-06-2008, 09:20 AM
summer school..

tsk tsk..

:p:

balli
06-06-2008, 10:32 AM
Delta Airlines is broke and couldn't afford to renew their sponsorship of our arena so recently SLC changed the name from the Delta Center to Energy Solutions Arena.

Energy Solutions is a nuclear waste disposal company in Utah's west desert that is absolutely hated by all of our citizenry. Mainly we dislike them because they import nuclear waste into our state and constantly lobby our legislature to allow even more. In any event, the name change didn't go over well, our owner is an asshole and we now have the worst arena name in the league.

Also, it was constructed in 1991 using a fast track design process- meaning construction of the foundation and lower levels started while the building's design plans were incomplete and ongoing. It contains half a million concrete blocks, three million pounds of structural steel, 80,300 lbs. of glass and 4.5 acres of carpet.

Los Spurs
06-06-2008, 12:34 PM
Delta Airlines is broke and couldn't afford to renew their sponsorship of our arena so recently SLC changed the name from the Delta Center to Energy Solutions Arena.

Energy Solutions is a nuclear waste disposal company in Utah's west desert that is absolutely hated by all of our citizenry. Mainly we dislike them because they import nuclear waste into our state and constantly lobby our legislature to allow even more. In any event, the name change didn't go over well, our owner is an asshole and we now have the worst arena name in the league.

Also, it was constructed in 1991 using a fast track design process- meaning construction of the foundation and lower levels started while the building's design plans were incomplete and ongoing. It contains half a million concrete blocks, three million pounds of structural steel, 80,300 lbs. of glass and 4.5 acres of carpet.

Thank you, ballijuana! :toast

And for other Sports fans out there, keep em coming!

deadratsam
06-06-2008, 01:25 PM
I've asked this a billion times, but no one will ever answer me.

You should find out which arenas have their state flag in the rafters along with the U.S. and Canada flags.

I've never noticed other state flags (besides the Texas flag at the AT&T center... and I haven't even noticed if the Texas flag hangs at the arenas in Houston and Dallas).