PDA

View Full Version : B-o-r-i-n-g

djgruvy
06-06-2008, 12:22 PM
Was it just me or was that game last night boring as hell.... I think the SPURS are more exciting.....

Medvedenko
06-06-2008, 12:24 PM
It's just you.

stretch
06-06-2008, 12:26 PM
dont be gay

urunobili
06-06-2008, 12:28 PM
emo thread

jag
06-06-2008, 12:28 PM
homer thread

WayOutWest
06-06-2008, 12:29 PM
Was it just me or was that game last night boring as hell.... I think the SPURS are more exciting.....

According to the TV ratings, the rest of the world thinks it's just you.

Sigz
06-06-2008, 12:30 PM
Fuck you you piece of shit.

That was a good game. Quit being such a homer.

xtremesteven33
06-06-2008, 12:39 PM
gotta admit. that was a pretty exciting game

Gino
06-06-2008, 02:08 PM
A willis Reid return (sort of), a KG put back that will forever be remembered and you want to call it "boring"?

leemajors
06-06-2008, 02:22 PM
A willis Reid return (not even close), a KG put back that will forever be remembered and you want to call it "boring"?

balli
06-06-2008, 02:26 PM

Fuck off.

angelbelow
06-06-2008, 02:29 PM
A willis Reid return (sort of), a KG put back that will forever be remembered and you want to call it "boring"?

disgraceful, before i mention the tragedy of you comparing the pierce return to the "reid" return, you spell the legends name wrong. its Willis Reed. Despite a severe thigh injury AND a torn muscle he came out and played. Is pierce even injured?

but it definitely was not a boring game, definitely exciting, esp the 2nd half.

vander
06-06-2008, 05:38 PM
there was a basketball game last night? who played?

Leetonidas
06-06-2008, 05:47 PM
disgraceful, before i mention the tragedy of you comparing the pierce return to the "reid" return, you spell the legends name wrong. its Willis Reed. Despite a severe thigh injury AND a torn muscle he came out and played. Is pierce even injured?

but it definitely was not a boring game, definitely exciting, esp the 2nd half.

You're missing the fucking point. Pierce went down and had to be wheeled off. Everyone thought the Celtics were fucked until he just came skipping out through the tunnel and the crowd erupted.

But yeah, it was by no measure a boring game.

mrspurs
06-06-2008, 05:59 PM
Fuck you you piece of shit.

That was a good game. Quit being such a homer.

you ok fellow?....sounds like you drink to much of something..try milk if it cant help your language it will at least keep your body healthy...go spurs :flag:.

Obstructed_View
06-06-2008, 06:02 PM
Seemed stupid to me when people claiming to be NBA fans complained about boring basketball when the Spurs were in the finals, and it's just as stupid now.

my2sons
06-06-2008, 06:16 PM
Seemed stupid to me when people claiming to be NBA fans complained about boring basketball when the Spurs were in the finals, and it's just as stupid now.

not exactly, this guy is getting crucified for making that comment, many would agree if it were the spurs..

BOHOLANO#21
06-06-2008, 09:57 PM

i didn't watch it so i can't tell.:sleep

NRHector
06-06-2008, 10:12 PM
probably it was so boring that pierce had to do some drama like a mexican soap opera bty I did not see it was in the game highlights

Mulletino
06-06-2008, 10:27 PM
It was beyond boring. I had to change it.
I expect ratings to drop dramatically for the next game.

Man In Black
06-06-2008, 10:37 PM
I just notice that the score is low and when the Spurs do that, the adjectives stupid 4-Lett er network uses are well...more derogatory than praise. Those guys would call a KG putbuck dominating but when Duncan does it, they'd call it routine or fundamental even though, it was a move to get past the opposing center and then a reverse layup.

dbreiden83080
06-06-2008, 11:22 PM
It's just you.

Not it isn't

Good game but Spurs/Suns game 1 was ten times more exciting.

SPURSGOAT
06-07-2008, 12:35 AM
I just notice that the score is low and when the Spurs do that, the adjectives stupid 4-Lett er network uses are well...more derogatory than praise. Those guys would call a KG putbuck dominating but when Duncan does it, they'd call it routine or fundamental even though, it was a move to get past the opposing center and then a reverse layup.

:toast:king

SPURSGOAT
06-07-2008, 12:36 AM
Not it isn't

Good game but Spurs/Suns game 1 was ten times more exciting.

Hell yea it was! :toast

balli
06-07-2008, 12:45 AM
Notice the extremely low post counts of most of the people calling last nights game boring. Now contrast that with the high post counts of those defending it.

I'm guessing on that basis, that those calling it boring are losers who just barely jumped on the Spurs bandwagon and therefore probably, what am I saying, definitely don't know shit about NBA basketball.

And I would agree, it was not as good as Suns/Spurs game 1, but hey, they can't all be better than the best game of the playoffs. Although last night's game was still plenty damn good.

SpursFan0728
06-07-2008, 12:56 AM
Notice the extremely low post counts of most of the people calling last nights game boring. Now contrast that with the high post counts of those defending it.

I'm guessing on that basis, that those calling it boring are losers who just barely jumped on the Spurs bandwagon and therefore probably, what am I saying, definitely don't know shit about NBA basketball.

And I would agree, it was not as good as Suns/Spurs game 1, but hey, they can't all be better than the best game of the playoffs. Although last night's game was still plenty damn good.

you can't use "post counts" to measure if people are "losers", "bandwagons" and if they know shit about basketball

but yea last night game was pretty good

but fuck it I would be more excited if Spurs are playing =)

Spurtacus
06-07-2008, 12:59 AM
I enjoyed the game.

balli
06-07-2008, 01:20 AM
you can't use "post counts" to measure if people are "losers", "bandwagons" and if they know shit about basketball

I know you can't based on post count alone, because I'm well aware we can't all be golden oldies, myself included. But you sure can if you combine low post count totals with the ridiculous assertions that last night's game was boring. And in most cases, not all ^, the people calling it boring don't appear to have been around for very long.

SPURSGOAT
06-07-2008, 01:29 AM
I know you can't based on post count alone, because I'm well aware we can't all be golden oldies, myself included. But you sure can if you combine low post count totals with the ridiculous assertions that last night's game was boring. And in most cases, not all ^, the people calling it boring don't appear to have been around for very long.

I have been a Spurs fan since they drafted Robinson... I am a die hard Spurs fan not some bandwagon fan. Game one was good, especially since the Lakers lost. I enjoy basketball as long as it is good basketball, the game was good, but would not really call it exciting...

balli
06-07-2008, 01:45 AM
I enjoy basketball as long as it is good basketball, the game was good, but would not really call it exciting...

I thought it was exciting, but whatever, I can abide the difference in opinion. In any case, I doubt you'd call it boring or unwatchable either.

Benvolio_Montague
06-07-2008, 04:38 AM
That was a good basketball game.

Obstructed_View
06-07-2008, 09:09 AM
not exactly, this guy is getting crucified for making that comment, many would agree if it were the spurs..

The fact that a bunch of inellectually lazy people might choose to jump on the "Spurs are boring" bandwagon doesn't change the fact that its stupid. Someone claiming to be a Spurs fan that would then attampt to use that same weak argument against another team is deserving of a internets crucifixion.

mrspurs
06-07-2008, 12:11 PM

can you smoke and type at the same time?.....not sure if you know...but mary jane is illegal...and i know....your prowd of it.....funny stuff...go spurs :flag:

balli
06-07-2008, 12:18 PM
can you smoke and type at the same time?.....not sure if you know...but mary jane is illegal...and i know....your prowd of it.....funny stuff...go spurs :flag:

Suck a dick you fucking faggot bitch.

my2sons
06-09-2008, 09:47 PM
The fact that a bunch of inellectually lazy people might choose to jump on the "Spurs are boring" bandwagon doesn't change the fact that its stupid. Someone claiming to be a Spurs fan that would then attampt to use that same weak argument against another team is deserving of a internets crucifixion.

what the hell is inellectually ...is hilary inellectual....talk about weak

Marcus Bryant
06-10-2008, 09:54 PM
This game tonight is very Spurs v Pistons like. I guess it's exciting because the teams are from larger markets.

Trainwreck2100
06-10-2008, 09:57 PM
The celts and lakers have better uniforms though.

Obstructed_View
06-11-2008, 10:41 PM
what the hell is inellectually ...is hilary inellectual....talk about weak

WOW. You found a typo in one of my posts. I was nice enough to ignore your lack of capitalization and apparent ignorance of what an ellipsis actually is, in addition to your use of a comma instead of a semicolon in your initial response to me, at least long enough to respond to what you were saying. Since you've decided to point out a missing letter in my post, while failing to note over twelve thousand other posts by me on this board which contain perfect spelling, grammar and punctuation, you might have a look at who's bringing weak takes to the discussion, fucknuts. :rolleyes

Oh, Gee!!
06-11-2008, 10:42 PM
emo thread

my lawn is emo--it cuts itself

ctermu
06-11-2008, 11:37 PM
The people (including media) who thought last nights game was exciting should consider that the Spurs play the same defensive-minded basketball. But when the Spurs play that way they call it "ugly" and "boring." So if we play ugly, the game last night was ugly also.

SAtoDallas
06-12-2008, 12:25 AM
don't know didn't watch.

balli
06-12-2008, 12:42 AM
The people (including media) who thought last nights game was exciting should consider that the Spurs play the same defensive-minded basketball. But when the Spurs play that way they call it "ugly" and "boring." So if we play ugly, the game last night was ugly also.

Not any media members, that I've heard anyway, called it exciting. PTI called it "a bad game by all accounts" and Brian McCormick took it a step further and made the same point you did.

Via Truehoop: http://myespn.go.com/blogs/truehoop/0-32-309/Late-Wednesday-Mini-Bullets.html

In all the hoopla of re-living the 1980's and trying to turn KG vs Kobe into Bird vs Magic, has anyone noticed how poorly played this series is? If this was San Antonio vs Detroit, that's all anyone would talk about. ... It was sloppy. It was poorly officiated (honestly, in Game 2 I didn't notice many bad calls, beyond Paul Pierce's ability to play without a pivot foot. Tonight, I thought the officiating was awful in both directions). Even the free throw shooting, especially by the team's best free throw shooters, was awful.

I personally think it's ugly when the Spurs and Pistons do it and I thought it was just as ugly last night.

Edit: At least Kobe had a few cool iso's and it wasn't a blowout, though.

ctermu
06-12-2008, 03:08 PM
Perhaps rather than use the word "exciting" for the game I should have put that the media has "hyped" the series and it's coverage of the games to make it look like more than what it is.

And "what it is" means that it's the same type of defensive basketball (at least the last game) as last year's championship that most feel they could not watch.

People are definitely not calling this year's series "boring" or "ugly." When they call this series boring than I will admit that I am wrong.

But my assertion is that the media in general sensationalizes this series even though there is the same type of play that last year the media had branded the games as "ugly" and "boring."

The quality of play is not the most significant factor in the interest. The biggest factor is the market (or the size of the market generated) in which the teams play. There are more Laker and Celtic fans and haters thus there is more interest. If the Spurs traded uniforms with the Knicks or Lakers or the Celtics they would be hailed for their defense and unselfish team play and the media would sensationalize those trademarks. That team would not be labelled "boring" or "ugly." If Utah were to make the finals, I think they would be thrown into the same category as the Spurs even they both play great team basketball.