PDA

View Full Version : Best Prospect Names

GSH
06-06-2008, 01:56 PM
The FA prospects are depressing, and the draft possibilities at 26 and 53 aren't providing much comfort. My mind did what it's best at, and wandered off on a tangent. I started thinking about drafting players on the basis of their names alone.

I thought Joe Crawford had the best name, because of all the Joey Crawford references. But that one gets old pretty quickly, and it doesn't carry as much weight if you aren't a Spurs fan.

Then I saw Ante Tomic, but I think I read that he signed with a Euro team. It's a shame. His jersey could have said "ATomic". We could have seen lots of ATomic dunks in the highlight reels.

But then I stumbled onto another overseas player whose name would provide a whole season of entertainment. Have a look at this video: http://www.revver.com/video/701199/romain-sato-awesome-block/ . It's a block by Romaine Sato, but check out the name of the guy he blocks. (Upper right, next to the video clip.) Just think of the endless headline possibilities. I want this guy.:rollin

Kobayagi
06-06-2008, 02:42 PM
Uhmm...old. This guy is somewhat of a legend in european basketball. Everybody knows him. Even overseas.